Thread: Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG

The Quiet One Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG

More details have come out about Bravely Default as the Producer of the game, Tomoya Asano talks about the game's features and his hopes for it as a RPG in Square's long library of RPGs.

From the art style of the game, it already conjures of ideas of the FF remakes for the DS. Add in the artwork, which is from the character design of Final Fantasy Tactics and you can already start to feel how important the game is to him and where he wants to go with it.

Going into the game, Asano had a grand vision in mind, stating he wanted it to be the next epic RPG from Square Enix. Which was probably one of the reasons he started pulling in strong talent for the game. When making the game they also want to make full use of the 3DS, adding a fourth pillar for them of wireless capabilities. He wanted people to play together and work together.

Mentioned in the last article, the Street Pass will be one of the ways players connect and help each other out. But it extents beyond just the rebuilding of village. Friends' abilities can be borrowed and learned when they join you. He also said in cases where the Street Pass limits the people the wi-fi can be used to find players further away.

Inspiration for the game was drawn from older games, with Bravely Default carrying a bit of nostalgia for people when they play it. To that end, they made combat simpler, but still requires strategy to win. And they are two types of stance the characters can take while in combat, Brave or Default, which is offensive or defensive play styles, respectively.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG-brff-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Magically Delicous Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG Merlin's Avatar
    Hmm I don't know about this one. The graphics look really childish and I prefer to play my RPGs solo. Well FFXI was an exception and FFXIV would've been(might be later). I guess I'm just not the target audience, eh? ^_^

The Quiet One Bravely Default's Producer wants game to be Square's next "epic" RPG Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know I found the style pretty endearing. But I'm pretty sure you can play solo, playing with others is likely only an option not a requirement. It just may take longer to succeed on those specific tasks. But I'm pretty sure the game still a single player game, just with some components that allow for connectivity.

Plus, a writer from Steins;Gate gives me pretty high hopes for a really fun story. I've started watching the anime the game is based on and it is very entertaining.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner