View Poll Results: Do you spend too much time on hunting?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

6 20.69%

Thread: Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it??

Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it??

i don't know if somebody already made this thread but i just wonder, yeah hunting makes you have a higher rank on the game... but i think this is a part of mini games as you trying to finish this game... i just wanna ask some of you if you take fully attention on hunting or just moving on since you just want to finish the rest of the game... posting of what rank are now will be better...

actually i didn't fully pay too much attention on hunting, especially when this one gets harder, i don't know lol!!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Yep, I do. ^^ I think this is like the mini game of catching monsters in X. And I also liked that one. xD
    Also, if you'd like to level up quickly, you can always hunt monsters. x3
    But I admit that later in the game I stopped hunting them, they were just too hard at the end. ^^" And I didn't want to level up to infinity. xD"

Asking all the personal questions. Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I love the thrill of trying to find them and then fighting them it as it is called Hunting haha i love Hunting as a added note i love fighting monsters full stop i love to stop near a save point and just constantly fight. But yeah i do it because i love having the objective to hunt down a specific monster as a side quest it gives a welcome break from the story for a little bit.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Yesha's Avatar
    Yeah.. I compLeted aLL the hunt missions.. because I reaLLy Like to fuLLy compLete this game.. aLso.. at first.. as I start taking missions.. the prizes that they giving are quite usefuL.. though.. Later in the game.. it became useLess.. and.. in my case.. I didn't had a probLem, hunting.. and it's reaLLy fun to do! :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Captain Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? scifi1980's Avatar
    Oh hell yeah!! The hunts were my main interest by the halfway mark. They helped me beef up my characters and it adds a little more to the already weak story. By the time I completed the second to last hunt was so uber powerful that Vayne didn't stand much of a chance.

Tsuna Feesh Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Fate's Avatar
    At the beginning of the game, when you're trying to unlock those useful licenses on the license board, hunts provide a lot of LP. Plus, you need to complete them to do the final one and be able to fight Yiazmat, one of the most fun fights. And it also gives you access to the Wyrmhero Blade, which is to say, is near obsolete at that point in the game.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

All is One.One is All. Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Firefly's Avatar
    Well when I first played the game,I strayed away from most fights,but then I figured out you couldn't get anywhere if you didn't fight.Now you can't find me without fighting monsters.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I do the hunts.. but it's kind of dumb how small the rewards are. I want more than just a few gil, useless loot, and a random piece of equipment. I also like to raise my rank and it was kind of fun fighting with other members of the clan.

Registered User Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it??
    I love the monster hunts! I am two hunts away from completing them all. I just think they make a nice side quest from the story. Also, I think doing the hunts make a more enjoyable minigame than the card games in FFVIII and FFIX and Blitzball in FFX. That's my opinion, anyway.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries
    Hunts are a good way to grind some levels without being mindlessly boring. I have yet to conquer all of them but I've come close. I tend to spend a lot of time both doing hunts and hunting down rare game or monsters with useful loot. It's nice having an actual purpose beyond just the exp grind for a change.

I like how some of the marks aren't just overpowered monsters either, they have tricks and such to them. Or give me a total headache, like chasing that damn Vorpal Bunny...but I got a ton of levels out of that one so I can't really complain lol.

I hope mark hunting continues in some form or another in future games.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

O Rly? Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Arch's Avatar
    i do when i need money, do i really enjoy it??? no not at all but when i need new weapons and armor i go hunting because monsters drop gil, and loot(which you can sell and make money off of it)and then you get money at the end for killing one monster! how easy can it get!

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

The Leading Man Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? -Balthier-'s Avatar
    I do,when I need the money,is it something I enjoy. . . Nope.I get money out of it and experience and thats really all I care about,sometimes finding the monsters themselves can be a real pain in the but

I found it to be one ot the most enjoyable parts of this game; almost more interesting then the main story to the game itself.

On both of my play throughs I decided to go ahead and proceed on with all of teh hunts through Yizmat.

Really with out the side quests and hunts this game would not of been worth the replay.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I liked the Hunts, as well as Training to continue the game...Right now I am Currently Training almost non-stop inside Giruvegan...With the lvl 45 Monsters. I use the Embroidered Tippet To gain twice the EXP. So if a monster gives me 3000 EXP, I will actually get 6000 EXP. Anyway, my Current rank is "Paragon of Justice" I have 3322080 Points, and I currently have 117573 Gil atm...Its quite easy to make money now that I have good lvled guys. My Character lvls are as follows: Vaan lvl 95, Balthier lvl 56, Fran lvl 56, Basch lvl 76, Ashe lvl 77, Penelo lvl 56. I am currently training Basch. After that I will train Balthier, Fran, and Penelo. I currently have 27 Hunts Completed...One more and I get a new Rank.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I want to play a game. Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Some of the best fights are from hunts; the later ones were really fun, especially when the hp got into the millions. It created a feeling that I was really taking down a monstrosity.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Guenhwyvar Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? imapanther's Avatar
    I hunt monsters at key points during the game, then i move on with the story when im too weak to handle any more hunts available to me.

By hunting at key points i mean after i've passed maybe a major plot point or a major area and leveled up a bit.

Became A Hero Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? ZantetsukenZack's Avatar
    Mark hunting was a great idea, I enjoyed it. Whenever the storyline got boring I would just hunt Marks Until I was too weak to do so anymore. Plus some of the mini strories that came with were intertaining...like the Rouge Cactuar, I believe the name was.
    Last edited by ZantetsukenZack; 08-17-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Boredness rules us all Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i usually spend alot of time hunting but recently i have just been trying to beat the games.
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

darkrevotion Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? darkrevotion's Avatar
    I did at first spend too much time hunting down those heathens but now I am at the point that I can't find a certain one, it's at GIZA PLAINS I think and I don't know how to get it , hmmm oh well on the other round of playing the game I might get it..hehe
    darkrevotion

レイール★レイヴン Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? SacredAngel13's Avatar
    yup! yup! i do spend a lot of time for hunting..
    and i almost finish my hunt's catalouge.. it feels great to hunting like that you know.. because besides we will get rewards [gil, items, weapons, etc] we can also steal rare loot from that monster..
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

SpellWarrior Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Hinj's Avatar
    Na i think you should take as much time as you need on hunting so you can get stronger and see all the monsters there are.

Crash Boom Bang Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Lily's Avatar
    I liked the hunts, I'd try to do them as they became available - some I just WASN'T strong enough for when billed and it would just look at me on my list annoying me til I was strong enough to kill my mark. I love the monster arena in X aswel. It makes training abit more bearable aswel.

Reminds me I still have Yiazmat to tackle ]: But I need to train, and I got bored. Oh actually, I got my hair off when I couldn't get the Black Hole concurrence for the Gabranth medal and havent looked at it since

I'l get round to it...but yeah, *steers post back in the right direction* I did really enjoy the hunts, especially The Battle on the Big Bridge, that was awesome xD

I'd love to see more sidequests like this in games
    Last edited by Lily; 09-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Registered User Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If by hunting you mean marks then yes I hunt often and am currently stuck on Fafnir...(bastard)

I try to ignore game hunting but its so cool when you are just randomly traveling and suddenly you are standing face to face with the once-upon-a-time-invisible Wood Toad.(That things a BEAST)

Due to a bad experience when I first played, I feel I have to hunt the rare game. You see, when I first started I wandered off into the westersands and was sticking to a cliffside when all of the sudden a ghost came out of nowhere and pwnalated my entire team...(Which is not saying much beacause I was out of items and only had Vaan.) However I still go out on chocobo and look for that same enemy and have never again seen it.

Speeking of rare game, anyone ever faught a Crystal Knight in the great crystal. They are only a rarity of one but they are tough!

I hunted every monster in the game.It had to have been one of my most favorite parts about the game.However,I wished that some of the hunts that you battle later on in the game were harder.Other than that I loved every hunt.

Lord Deity of Harmony Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    I started hunting once i reached the end of the game. Like when i should be abording the ship Bahamut. Ugh... It was an pain in the ass to beat Gilgamesh the second time. XC
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Mark hunting is great. It's way better than having to spend time training with the same monsters in the same areas. I usually spend tons of time fighting random battles to gain loot anyway. I thought the idea was creative and fit for a Final Fantasy. I wondered why it was not thought of sooner in some of the others. I guess they probably got the idea from having to capture monsters in the monster arena in FFX.

I usually hunt until Im too weak to do so anymore, and then I end up needing more loot. So it takes me quite a while to get back to the storyline sometimes.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-07-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

True Master of Darkness Do you hunt a lot of monsters or just ignoring it?? Noctis Lucis Caelum's Avatar
    i try to complete as many hunts as i can but on some of them i have a hard time right now i am rear guard (i think)