Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

The demo is on the Japanese PSN. And I'm not sure about the EU release, because I'm waiting for the NA release which is in March 22nd. But the date you posted for EU is probably right.

EDIT: Am I the only one ticked that they work so hard to find a way to insert more VII characters while they won't even insert any from the NES era? I know it's fan service, and if it were up to most fans it'll just have the whole cast from FFVII. But still....
    Last edited by Leon; 01-27-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Do the elements trust you? Dissidia Duodecim Announced bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The demo is on the Japanese PSN. And I'm not sure about the EU release, because I'm waiting for the NA release which is in March 22nd. But the date you posted for EU is probably right.

EDIT: Am I the only one ticked that they work so hard to find a way to insert more VII characters while they won't even insert any from the NES era? I know it's fan service, and if it were up to most fans it'll just have the whole cast from FFVII. But still....

I am too it's a bit ridiculous I mean seriously just because cloud is an emo and tifa has implants (jk kinda) no one will stop the resurgence of ff7 and it's getting badly abused and twisted
    Nes has a place too!
    Let's just hope plans chance and more new characters are put in
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by bahamuts heir View Post
    I am too it's a bit ridiculous I mean seriously just because cloud is an emo and tifa has implants (jk kinda) no one will stop the resurgence of ff7 and it's getting badly abused and twisted
    Nes has a place too!
    Let's just hope plans chance and more new characters are put in
    I don't know. There really isn't a whole lot of cast that would make sense from the NES games (though I would've loved to have seen Desch from FFIII). Besides, VII only got one new character like the other games that got one (sure there's Aerith, but she isn't really playable).

EDIT: I do so wish they had another FFVI character though. Locke or Celes would've made a lot of sense.
    Last edited by mineteaser; 01-27-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Main reason that most of the newcomers have come from post NES is that most of the characters from that era were lacking in depth significant enough to add a story for. Like FFI, what would you add, Different Warrior of Light? Generic Warrior of Light number 2? FFII, also understandable, no significant difference in the way any of the characters fought, even if they had distinct personalities. III they could've added a character or two for, I mean we had all kinds of unique allies and other enemies, they could've at least added Xande or something. V and VI they could've added someone for, so I guess I kinda think it was dumb of them not to, bu then there weren't really any characters from either that I can say I'd really be anxious to play as; but that's just me. VII, highly popular, characters all very different, easy to come up with distinct fighting styles for, and most of them I'd actually want to play as... cept maybe Cait Sith... same goes for VIII IX and X.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Duodecim is lacking a serious dose of Minwu.

Is disappoint.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

It's what the fans want, and Heartless Angel makes a good point. Still, they could have at least added Leon (<< >>), because we know what happened between him and Emperor. I know we have Terra and Cloud under that same category, but hey, the Emperor plays a major part on the villains' side. Terra is (probably) controlled by Kefka with the Slave Crown, and I've heard Cloud has been brainwashed by Sephiroth (feel free to correct me, I don't know much in this area). Emperor could do the same to Leon.

But hey, that's just an idea. I hope at least there's a new playable from IX. I'd be a LOT happier then. But one can dream, right?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Dissidia Duodecim Announced ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Something interesting one the FF wikia where they have listed the roster for the game. They have one column for the returning characters, one for new characters. Where it says I, II and III it says 'none' for new characters (which we knew anyway), but 'TBA' next to VI and IX. Could this be that we will be seeing more new characters?

Also, I am disappointed that Minwu isn't/won't be in the game.

Blog Entries

Don't hold your breath, those could be "assist-only" characters. Not trying to bring anyone's hopes down, but I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

~St. Augustine

This whole thing reminds me of Assist Trophies in Brawl. xD

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy’s Mog Web Uses Friend Codes // Siliconera

"The event maker allows players to pick a background and use icons, even old pixel art, to represent characters when they chat before a bout."

So does this mean that, even though there's only a handful of new playable characters, we can potentially have OTHER FF characters (perhaps with their icons only) play a part in any quest we make? Discuss!

EDIT: Obviously not play as them, but you know, something like having Cid trying to talk Cloud of doing something he might regret.
    Last edited by Leon; 01-29-2011 at 04:46 PM.

~St. Augustine

I'll be spending about 500+ hours making quests. xD

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Dark Knight Dissidia Duodecim Announced Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

Characters are unofficially locked.
    New additions are listed above, but for your amusement, here as well as why it was rated T.
    Tifa
    Laguna
    Kain
    Vaan
    Balthier (in alternate costume for Vaan)
    Lightning
    Yuna
    Prishe
    Gilgamesh

It has been rated T for Teen, for "Partial Nudity and Suggestive Themes". (way to f*cking go Tifa, way to f*cking go....kidding, of course)
    Dissidia release dates will be...
    Japan: March 3rd 2011
    Europe: March 25th 2011
    North America: Spring 2011

Any other characters are assist adds. Like Aerith.
    Last edited by Dark-Knight Luna; 01-30-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    SPOILER!!:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Knight Luna View Post
    Characters are unofficially locked.
    New additions are listed above, but for your amusement, here as well as why it was rated T.
    Tifa
    Laguna
    Kain
    Vaan
    Balthier (in alternate costume for Vaan)
    Lightning
    Yuna (Yeah, but her voice actor hasn't been announced yet, nor her fighting style.)

It has been rated T for Teen, for "Partial Nudity and Suggestive Themes". (way to f*cking go Tifa, way to f*cking go....kidding, of course)
    Dissidia release dates will be...
    Japan: March 3rd 2011
    Europe: March 25th 2011
    North America: Spring 2011

Any other characters are assist adds. Like Aerith.
    So you're telling me Prishe and Gilgamesh are just assists?

And I hate to disagree with you, but they do have Yuna's fighting style mentioned.

Yuna Dual Wields Summon Monsters In Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy // Siliconera

As for voice acting, my money's on Hedy Buress since she's done Yuna's voice on X and X-2

And the North American release has been confirmed: March 22nd.

~St. Augustine

So I was checking out the official site today and noticed that some of the alternate costumes will be totally new skins. Like Edea for Ultimecia and Gabranth's looks an awful lot like Basch those were the only two that I noticed but I think that is kinda neat. It'll give the effect that there are even more characters than there is. (This being the official Japanese site)

Anyways I'm getting pretty excited still am not quite sure who I'll want to try that is new. I am liking the looks of Vaan though, seems like he'll be a better airborne fighter than Firion was.
    EBG

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    Anyways I'm getting pretty excited still am not quite sure who I'll want to try that is new. I am liking the looks of Vaan though, seems like he'll be a better airborne fighter than Firion was.
    Let's hope so. Firion was a terrible mid air fighter. Vaan looks like a lot of fun to play as, and will be one of the first new characters I try out.

Also, Aeris is only available for people who buy the demo. From this, I think she will be the only assist-only character.

Of course, this is partially optimism on my part. I would hate to have more characters for assist only.

Dark Knight Dissidia Duodecim Announced Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So you're telling me Prishe and Gilgamesh are just assists?

And I hate to disagree with you, but they do have Yuna's fighting style mentioned.

Yuna Dual Wields Summon Monsters In Dissidia 012[duodecim]: Final Fantasy // Siliconera

As for voice acting, my money's on Hedy Buress since she's done Yuna's voice on X and X-2

And the North American release has been confirmed: March 22nd.
    This info is a week old, and oh god, did I forget those two? Sorry, I'll edit right away.
    SPOILER!!:

deathteller

i heard somewhere that you'd be able to import you game save from the first one and keep all of you characters at their levels and have all of your equipment and such. can anyone confirm or deny this?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deathteller View Post
    i heard somewhere that you'd be able to import you game save from the first one and keep all of you characters at their levels and have all of your equipment and such. can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Yep, it is confirmed haha

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Blog Entries

I've read more on the Prima Vista stage, and if close combat isn't your cup of coffee you'll regret choosing to fight in this stage. It's supposed to be cramp, like Edge of Madness.

Also, Hell's Throne from FFII will have LOTS of breakable stage elements, mostly crystals sticking out from the ground. I'm guessing it'll be easy to Battlegen here.

~St. Augustine

Prima Vista should have Cornelia rockets being launched at the field periodically. If you get hit, you take huge Brave damage.

I've heard Sky Fortress Bahamut has a turbulence thing going, but in all the videos I saw, it is either non-existant in 90% of the field, or very unnoticeable.

I think a stage that moves about several locations would be awesome. You need to keep up or lose all your Bravery or some other disaster.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Polk's Avatar

So this popped up on Giant Bomb on Tuesday, but for some reason I just noticed it now. I figured all you crazy kids would like it.

I never really got much into the first Dissidia (played through the story paths that inrigued me, messed around with it, then decided I was not crazy enough to get deep into the game), but I'll admit, it looks cool. Yuna's fighting style in particular looks really interesting.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

For all you UK/EU folks who are interested, Dissidia 012 is up for pre-order on several websites with a release date of 25th March. I think we knew it would be released then, but I thought I would just confirm it.

Blog Entries

Look what I found!

~St. Augustine

Nice find Leon, I checked the Japanese and saw Vaan's extra costume. I'm pretty sure it is the exact same as Balthier's...only he still looks like Vaan.
    EBG

Last Dissidia As We Know it?

There be changes on the horizon.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Last Dissidia As We Know it?

There be changes on the horizon.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

*repeats first second of video over and over* xD

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

That would be bad, but I read one today that they weren't done with fighting games in general. We can expect Dissidia in a different gameplay feature, or just as a new series.

~St. Augustine

I was kinda hoping they weren't going to make dissidia into a subseries FF game. It's good as a sortof celebratory game of the main series in general, but as a series itself, it would ruin that aspect of it, in my opinion. Next dissidia would be much more appropriate at about...FFXX? (C'mon, you all know it'll happen)
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Oh, BTW.

??????(012)

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast