Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissidia Duodecim Announced

What! This is ground breaking!

When is it coming to PSN? Do you have a date on that? I must download. After seeing some youtubeage on Aeris' fighting style on Dissidia, I've simply got to have her.

Swear I saw her use holy, and at the right time, seal evil is a great use! It's like a slightly weaker time freeze.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Dissidia Duodecim Announced Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

The demo will come out on the 15th, exactly one week before the game.

Btw, there's an English trailer of the game in Youtube. I'd just give you the link, but apparently the laptop decides to stop at the advertisement without showing anything, so look it up if you like. I couldn't really tell if it was the English trailer or a fandubbed edition.
    Last edited by Leon; 03-10-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

Okay, I came across this video. I was giving up on whether getting the game or not to be honest, but after I heard the BGM here I'm leaning more on getting it now. It's not a remix, it's the original!

Zidane vs Tifa

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

The Mad God Dissidia Duodecim Announced Heartless Angel's Avatar

Well, got Prologus today. I am thoroughly dissapointed with the changes to Seph. I'd almost go os far as to call him unplayable now. He functions as an HP spammer like any of the low tier characters from the last game, but that's absolutely worthless to a serious player. Though admittedly, there weren't alot of customization options I've seen yet, so maybe he isn't total garbage when you can actually customize things. But pretty much all of his moves now have absolutely zero comboability, so yeah, I mad.

Kain I'm ****in loving. His HP moves are suprisingly fast for Hp moves, excellent range. Brv attacks do good damage, fast, and easy to connect with, and useful against a wide variety of possible enemy positions. I can see him becoming a new main, secondary at least.

Lighting, also ****in loving. Good at close-mid range, much like Seph. Fair bit of combability with her moves, good variety of effective ranges, some built in brv-hp chains, and y'know, she's just kinda ****in cool in general. I like how her HP moves use Odin's Spear, lance, double blade... things....
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Nice. I tried to get Prologus once, but, um, bad connection. ._. It's already bought, it just needs to be downloaded.

Kain sounds impressive. I've heard players say he's not easy to control, or at least not a good choice for beginners. But if that's the case, that's probably the only negative.

Sucks about Sephiroth because he's just awesome in the first Dissidia. But maybe once you get the actual game maybe you could get him to Lv 100 and make your own customizations. Surely SE are not gonna make him totally suck, think of the fanboys!

~St. Augustine

Memento Rhapso Dissidia Duodecim Announced Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how we get Aerith just for downloading, no achievement needed
    Needless to say I'm still busting my ass to finish those achievements. Also, Cloud is unlocked for beating Tifa, no? I am missing a character it seems
    Kain is rockin' mah socks
    Also, KEFKA IS NOW PLAYABLE* ASDFASDFASDFASDFASDF
    --
    *Playable as in he no longer sucks, not he was unlocked/new

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Registered User Dissidia Duodecim Announced HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeez, I'm jealous...but oh well.

I'm set to get prologus tommorow evening after my father gets paid. Aww man, I knew Kain would be awesome. I'm not gona lie, I'm freaking Excited!!! I just want to scream!!!!!! AHHHHH!

Anyway, to avoid being spammy, how do the achievments work? Are they pretty manageable or unobtainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Kain sounds impressive. I've heard players say he's not easy to control, or at least not a good choice for beginners. But if that's the case, that's probably the only negative.

Sucks about Sephiroth because he's just awesome in the first Dissidia. But maybe once you get the actual game maybe you could get him to Lv 100 and make your own customizations. Surely SE are not gonna make him totally suck, think of the fanboys!
    Kain's definitely a fairly high tier character, but he plays alot like old Sephiroth, least he feels that way to me.

I know man, he was my main for a reason lol. Got to a point where I could kill lv100+ Chaos without even taking a hit, just because of Seph's insane comboability. He went from God tier, to pretty much total garbage. I mean seriously, EVERYBODY else I've seen so far has recieved some serious buffs. New HP mvoes with ridiculous ranges, new comboability, revamping old moves to make em better... what does Seph get?

All DC combos nerfed, as in completely removed. Fervent blow/Godspeed range nerfed. Haven't actually timed it, but the shield duration on Scintilla seems shorter, and the stab after seems shorter. Heartless angel nerfed, now has a 'cooldown' so it's not a good move to use for pressure. As for 'enhancements' he gets... A new brv move that's essentially a different, shorter animation of of SC with wall rush instead of chase and a shorter range. The speed of his EX glide has been increased! Because that's totally a ****ing useful ability right? Oh, and the range on Oblivion is longer, because you know, that's a great move to use from a long ways away, since you know it totally doesn't have a slow preditable startup that says, PLEASE BLOCK NOW BECAUSE WHEN IT STAGGERS ME I'LL BE BEHIND YOU FACING THE WRONG WAY GIVING YOU A FREE BACK ATTACK! I'd say he plays alot like Cloud, but that isn't accurate anymore, since Cloud got buffed. SE was too busy chasing Seph with the Nerf guns to go after anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K
    Anyway, to avoid being spammy, how do the achievments work? Are they pretty manageable or unobtainable?

Unless more unlock later, all seem pretty easy (mainly been wasting time trying to relearn Seph to no avail so I haven't acomplished much, might just start maining Jecht until I've mastered Kain, they left him alone at least <.<). just complete arcade modes with everybody in both difficulties, and do the story mode.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 03-18-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I feel epic... Dissidia Duodecim Announced Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Kain has powerful attacks, but good luck getting them to connect. They all have some kind of startup that takes too long for its own good. But if he does get a hit, his Bravery damage will be massive.

Don't forget, Heartless, that DCs being removed also hinders Zidane, Golbez and Jecht to an extent. They all relied heavily on DC combos to perform well, and without those, well, you just have to figure out a different strategy. Not to mention Assists, when done right, count as a free hit for everyone.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Dissidia Duodecim Announced Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Does anybody know the extent of squall yet? Or is he not available as I am guessing... >.>

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Kain has powerful attacks, but good luck getting them to connect. They all have some kind of startup that takes too long for its own good. But if he does get a hit, his Bravery damage will be massive.

Don't forget, Heartless, that DCs being removed also hinders Zidane, Golbez and Jecht to an extent. They all relied heavily on DC combos to perform well, and without those, well, you just have to figure out a different strategy. Not to mention Assists, when done right, count as a free hit for everyone.
    Kain actually seems fairly quick. He has alot of brv moves that have a bit of a startup, but others that are just like, bam, hey by the way, I'm in your face, which is now flying that way, in case you blinked and missed it. And yeah, big damage fast from his moves. And you can actually dc into HP combos with him if you have good timing.

Zidane I never liked playing, at all. Golbez I did, but DCing was never a staple. Never DCed with Jecht at all, when you can use his chains correctly, there's absolutely no need to lol. Seph had almost notihng but DC combos, since they didn't give him any actual brv-hp chains like they gave to Golbez and Zidane. And Jecht just kinda has em built in to his play style.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    Does anybody know the extent of squall yet? Or is he not available as I am guessing... >.>
    Nope, no Squall in prologus. Although fighting him, he seems to have a few new HP Attacks

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

I haven't seen him use any NEW moves, but his circles both seem to have a new effect. They kinda pull you into them, so it's a bit harder to get away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Zidane I never liked playing, at all.
    Whathowdareyouhesthebestcharactaevaatleastthatswha tmyfanboyismsayssoyoubetterpaysomerespect...

Ahem, just kidding HA. As for Zidane players, I've learned some interesting things. First, I've read that Free Energy's range is bad now. I don't know their exact definition for that (they used another word), but I'm guessing it has longer range since in the first game it worked best when you were pretty close to your opponent.

Second, Booster 8 staggers opponents when it hits. And since it can be linked to other attacks, any player fighting Zidane has a better chance dodging Booster 8. From a video I've seen, you can even link the attack with Free Energy. That's bad news when he connects the attack and you are low on HP.

I've read that Hell's Throne, Phantom Train, and the Prima Vista won't have Omega versions of their stages. Sky Fortress Bahamut is one of the new stages that will get an Omega version of itself.

Feral Chaos (the name they're going with for the playable version of Chaos) will require a LOT of CP for his skills, even the ones you normally need 10 CP for. He also comes with some cons in earlier levels, like his Bravery dropping even when he isn't hit with an attack. According to the Wiki, he learns to disable those disadvantages as he levels up.

And lastly, the FF Wiki posted a video of Gilgamesh's successful and failed EX Burst (which is the one I'm posting here) in English. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed John DiMaggio? Personally I was impressed with his role in FFXII. Also, I'm GLAD they had him say "Morphing Time" for the English voice over.

Failed EX Burst

EDIT: Those long swords he's carrying in EX Mode are probably all copies of the Masamune. At least they look a bit similar to Sephiroth's to some extent.

~St. Augustine

I just don't like the way he plays lol. Least not when I had Seph back when he was good. Really, really, getting to like Lightning and Kain. Jecht will still likely be my main until I'm better with them, but they're both feeling pretty natural to me.

I haven't noticed a whole lot of change to Zidane, but I've only seen CPUs spammng a few moves with him. Mainly Meo Twister chains. Grand Lethal seems to have a bit better vertical tracking now as well.

Blog Entries

I'm a Zidane player, and my recent mains lately have been Exdeath and Gabranth. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been getting better with Omni Block. Been practicing with Chaos! But I just hope Zidane at least remains playable (as in, doesn't totally suck). I'm glad to hear about Grand Lethal, it's already a good skill at close range.

I'll try Kain once I get the game, but my new main will definitely be Gilgamesh. Speaking of which, here's a gameplay video between him and Prishe in English. Both have to be unlocked from the PP catalog after meeting certain requirements, while Shantotto and Gabranth can be bought right away (once you have enough PP) this time around.

Gilgamesh vs Prishe

EDIT: I also happened to come across this video about the new Vs. Firion intro quotes. Everyone has different quotes this time around.

Vs. Firion

EDIT 2: @Heartless Angel, I don't know if you knew this already, but I found a page on the Wiki that states some changes for each character. Here's what I read from Sephiroth, just in case you didn't know any of these three.

* New Bravery attack, Transience.
    * Shadow Flare has longer tracking and increased stun duration.
    * Scintilla's guard effect lasts longer. Attack connects quicker after guard but with reduced range.
    Last edited by Leon; 03-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.

~St. Augustine

Zidane seems alot better than I recall, but then I also recall using a God tier character against him. I also practiced on Chaos with Seph in Dissidia 1 lol. I can usually tear apart at least 2 forms without being touched... but I doubt that'll happen much in duodecim.

Transience I don't like much. Very short range, wall rush is alright, but I'd rather just use sudden cruelty. Shadow Flare's more of a pressure move for me, so that's not really helpful. Scintilla I actually though the block was shorter on, but that just goes to show you how often I used that move in Dissidia 1 lol. Range is noticably shorter, that I recognized. But yeah, no real improvements as far as I can tell =/

Gilgamesh sounds like Jim Cummings to me, or at least a very similar voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    EDIT 2: @Heartless Angel, I don't know if you knew this already, but I found a page on the Wiki that states some changes for each character. Here's what I read from Sephiroth, just in case you didn't know any of these three.

* New Bravery attack, Transience.
    * Shadow Flare has longer tracking and increased stun duration.
    * Scintilla's guard effect lasts longer. Attack connects quicker after guard but with reduced range.
    Sephiroth's Heaven's Light also comes out quicker, supposedly. Least that's what Gamefaqs says, but take it with a grain of salt.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Blog Entries

I'm not much of a Sephiroth player (can't even tell what skills you're talking about) so sorry to hear that the changes are not really that good. Probably to give the other characters a chance, though. You got characters like the Emperor who'll probably spend most of the time dodging (especially controlled by an AI) if you use a guy like Sephiroth against him. Even though he's one of my favorite villains, even I can agree the Emperor wouldn't stand a chance against an experienced Sephiroth player.

Jim Cummings? Oh well, he still sounds awesome. But I'll wait for the actual credits, who knows who it is at this point, though many people on Youtube keep pointing out he is voiced by DiMaggio (who, for the record has voiced characters like Wakka and Kimahri from FFX and Gilgamesh in FFXII).

Anyway, I thought it'd be best to provide the link to this page I was referring too. Perhaps you'll like the changes for some of the characters. I'm certainly pleased with Exdeath's and the Emperor's (Starfall now has Magic Block during the cast!). Gabranth's I'm just okay with them. I don't really like the changes to Innocence and Guilt. :/

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy/Gameplay Changes - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

~St. Augustine

I'm not much of a Sephiroth player (can't even tell what skills you're talking about) so sorry to hear that the changes are not really that good. Probably to give the other characters a chance, though. You got characters like the Emperor who'll probably spend most of the time dodging (especially controlled by an AI) if you use a guy like Sephiroth against him. Even though he's one of my favorite villains, even I can agree the Emperor wouldn't stand a chance against an experienced Sephiroth player.
    Heaven's Light is his aerial HP attack where he slashes upward quickly.

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Seph was pretty much God tier, if you knew his combos, you were pretty much invincible. Even a 100+ Chaos is a joke when you know how to use Seph. I really wish you could svae battle replays of Chaos, just so I could post a few of my flawless victories against him. As for the emperor...

Just so you know, spamming Hp moves like that isn't my normal play style, actually rather noobish of me, but I was just dicking around and trying to get him to eat one of his own flares (I suceeded =P) lol.

THIS is the sort of combo rape possible with Seph mastery in Dissidia 1.

Unfortunately, they removed this glorious **** move (though it was pretty much a given they were going to, considering it was a glitch to begin with)

Not so much of a nerf to Seph as an upgrade to the intelligence of AI, but I haven't seen any cpus being quite this dumb yet. Seriously, you think he'd learn to stop tryin to run up that wall after the second or third meteor <.<

All of these are me, in case you were wondering.

He might still have one or two chains left usable, unfortunately the default steups available in Duodecim don't have the moves I'd like. Godspeed-Octaslash is one of the most vital HP chains for Seph, but the shmucks don't give me aerial octaslash in hard, and don't give me godspeed in normal >.< Also don't have Heaven's Light in either, so I can't confirm or deny that supposed change, or comment on its usefulness. That actually could potentially be very nice though since that was abnormally fast for an HP move to begin with, I'm noticing alot of Seph's moves are slightly faster in this one, leading me to believe they intended him to act as an interuption character in Duodecim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Heaven's Light is his aerial HP attack where he slashes upward quickly.
    I was referring the Bravery attacks HA mentioned. I'm well aware of his HP attacks. >.>

As for you, Heartless, I'd hate to go up against you with the Emperor (although I can, apparently, use him better than the CPU in your video ). I'd have better luck with Gabranth, Zidane, and Exdeath.

EDIT: Kinda wish I had a USB cable. I REALLY want to show off what I can do. At least now i know where i can find one.
    Last edited by Leon; 03-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.

~St. Augustine

Also don't have Heaven's Light in either, so I can't confirm or deny that supposed change, or comment on its usefulness. That actually could potentially be very nice though since that was abnormally fast for an HP move to begin with, I'm noticing alot of Seph's moves are slightly faster in this one, leading me to believe they intended him to act as an interuption character in Duodecim.
    More hints that Squeenix really was trying to endorse Sephiroth with attacks faster than the eye can see.
    I was referring the Bravery attacks HA mentioned. I'm well aware of his HP attacks. >.>
    Good to know!

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

He's great for cutting off other people before they can pull shit off, it's just really really gay trying to land alot of moves now that they're all pretty much stand alone, wheras I more enjoy stringing together epic combos of doom. Ah well... If I can still do godspeed-Oblivion I'll be alright I guess, and I'll adapt.

Blog Entries

...And I finally got Prologus today. So far I've played as Lightning, Kain, Kefka, and Jecht. The Chase sequences are pretty fast, but I'm at least able to dodge HP attacks some of the time.

I gotta say, I LOVE using Kain. Jump and Gungnir are my favorite HP attacks from him. I love the way Kefka improved (Havoc Wing has him move towards the opponent a little once the wings spread), and for some reason it's easier for me to chain Jecht's BRV-HP attacks this time.

~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

Omfg the chase sequences. It's like playing against real people now, and to be honest, I need to fight more real people to get used to this.
    Speaking of, is anyone else praying for wi-fi mode in Duodecim? TFF lobby would be pretty snazzy

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Haha I won't have my copy till tomorrow evening but I'd love to get schooled by a bunch of other TFF'ers!
    EBG

Blog Entries

Wish I had Wi-Fi to begin with. x.x It'd be nice to pwn you all with Gabranth, and humiliating to pwn you all with Exdeath!

Enough of that, I just found out that John DiMaggio is NOT the voice for Gilgamesh this time around. It's Keith Szarabajka

~St. Augustine

TBH the speed increase of chase sequences and the faster brv and HP moves that are harder to avoid really makes DD seem like a guessing game to me.

Blog Entries

TBH the speed increase of chase sequences and the faster brv and HP moves that are harder to avoid really makes DD seem like a guessing game to me.
    I have actually been able to HIT the enemy with Kefka's Zap-Zap Thundaga, but other than that I haven't noticed any change in speed for Bravery attacks. However, some HP attacks like Havoc Wing are a little more difficult to avoid.

Anyway, last post for tonight. Found some Gilgamesh Vs. quotes, and since the game has just been released later on these English videos won't be much of a surprise anymore. My personal favorites are Golbez's, Exdeath's, and Kefka's. Enjoy.

Gilgamesh Vs.

Oh, and sorry if I sound a little biased, but I just like Gilgamesh in this game that much. Can't wait to try him out, but since I won't get the game anytime soon, I'll just keep practicing in Prologus.

~St. Augustine

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast