View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Best final fantasy game Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Re: Best final fantasy game

I've played or seen most, if not all, of the Final Fantasy games. Other titles look like they have modern technology, but I think the point of a fantasy world should be to be in a world far away from our own.

I'm going with IX, since I'm a big fan of medieval stuff. Plus, it's got a great storyline, great characters, good background stories, and a good battle system. My biggest -- and only -- complaint from that game has always been Trance. But it does play a major part at some point in the storyline, so it's not that bad.

All of the games were good, so I put a tie between VIII and X in second place and VII in third.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

I'd have to say IX followed closley behind by VI.

Why?: Well, i liked all the characters. The music was great and I could actualy play through it without wanting to destroy my PS1. X is third in my list, because music was great, story was good, chracters were overall good. I disliked the voiceovers strongly though.

masamune

That was hard. I mean all of them have something to offer. FF V gave us the basic class sistem for the Final Fantasy univers. FF VII put Final Fantasy on the map. FF IV gave us the first summonings and most (Like Ifrit and Buhemut.) came back time and time agen.

With that said in the end I had to pick the Game that started it all. Final Fantasy. For with out that there would be no Final Fantasy 1-14 at all.

Best final fantasy game rJ floW's Avatar

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

I dont know what everyone is thinking, but FF1....c'mon now......

Let us see, FF1 innovated Multiple Equipment Enabling, Variable Magic, and a Class System (which is still the most debated, Thief vs Bl Belt vs Fighter....

Not to mention it was the first game to start the greatest RPG series of all time....if not the greatest series (only madden could compare)

The fact this is even discussed is disgusting!! How dare you all, if Psiko or Dawzey were still around it would be overrrrrrrrrrr
    tHe ChOsEn
    rJ floW
    .EcKS.
    Lionhart2001 aka Pete
    LocoColt04
    Telegraph aka Calamity Taco
    Neo Necron
    OceanEyes28
    Usagy
    This is why bitches love me

Human crack in the flesh, im the last of the best, one word to describe me? Spectacular yes"-Juelz Santana-

Mercy

Final Fantasy 6 (3 US)
    I wish they would redo it. exactly how the original is but done for xbox/ps3 just better graphics.

FF1 not much on story. and no good expanding on your chars. But when i was young and it was new it was the best
    It was my first rpg
    Last edited by Mercy; 02-05-2011 at 11:37 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best final fantasy game Xanatos's Avatar

If I could vote again I would, as my opinion as far as the best Final Fantasy game goes has greatly changed. Judging by my older, silly at best post my vote has gone to Final Fantasy IX, it's still my favorite, though it's far from the best game in franchise.

That title goes to Final Fantasy XII who in my opinion evolved the series in almost every aspect. Non random battles, and huge open spaces are two steps forward, complete freedom over both exploring and characters is what franchise was longing for the most. Without intro, and ending scenes, in addition of complete control over your characters, battles were faster and more dynamic. Challenging, and great looking opponents made battles even more epic.

As a group the main cast of Final Fantasy XII was great, individually they weren't fleshed out enough, not necessarily a bad thing as Final Fantasy XII treats every character equally. On the other hand Final Fantasy XII features a huge library of interesting NPC-s, who also improve the story in several ways, and make Ivalice more believable and live place. A more realistic, and believable villain was an excellent choice, who's motives were quite different from previous villains in franchise. Square went on less cliched story on this one, with emphasis on problems of entire nation rather than a group of people. Political theme, believable characters, and history of Ivalice which was featured in several games made the story even more interesting.

Music of Final Fantasy XII is superb as in any other title, proof that Hitoshi Sakimoto is more than a perfect replacement for Nobuo Uematsu. Final Fantasy XII features huge amount of extra content, enough to keep players occupied more than in majority of previous games.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Best final fantasy game Rowan's Avatar

I must say that FFXII was a near perfect game. As mentioned, the fast paced battle system, world map, uniquely sized/detailed enemies, numerous optional quests with valuable rewards and varying weather and environments made the game highly enjoyable, as previous titles did not have these kinds of things.

The only thing that let the game down in my opinion was the lack of character depth and story. while these sound like major things, they really only affect the replayablility.

the title to best FF game has to go either final fantasy VII or VIII.

i cannot decide between them.

Registered User Best final fantasy game

Out of the main series i've only played (7,8,9,10 and 13, although playing through 4 at the moment) so I won't vote in the poll. Out of the ones i've played i'd have to go with 7, I know its over 10 years since released but I still consider it one of the best games i've ever played and must have dedicated well over 100 hours to it, the scope of things to do is massive and there is always something you discover you never knew about.

7, no brainer for me.

i cant really decide i think X is a pretty good one but i hate the battling system so i and i also like XII alot as well so i cant really choose

Oh Boy! Best final fantasy game Lavos's Avatar

IX is below VIII? Blasphemy!

No, but Final Fantasy IX is extremely good. VII and VIII in my opinion are so popular because it yelled "Hey! Look what Japan has! Want it too?" and we all fell in love with it. IX was more of a "Like that? Look at what all the other games are like!" This voice was overshadowed by the PS2's launch, however, and the announcement of X and XI introducing new stuff.

Great characters, stories, sidequests, locations, and even a unique personality and name for almost any NPC. Logged over 300 hours on it, trying anything I can and beating it at least 8 times.

FINISH HIM!

Jayde2010

FF VIII is my number 1
    FF IX is my second
    FF XII is the third

i only recently started playing the earlyer games and have yet to gather an oppion

Dalmascan princess Best final fantasy game lady ashe's Avatar

for me its gotta be XII, i love it, and it has me in it

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Hmm. It's a tough call. I've seen so many good ones. I think that FFIV was pretty good. Why? Because the story is the sort of good story you'll expect from the FF series, there where good characters, traditional elements iconic of FF, good music, the classical battle system, and especially now with the remakes for the psp and ds, a player can appreciate the great work Square does with it animation and that is so also a typical aspect of the FF series.

It's not my favorite FF, but from the ones I've played, I think it's the best due to all the elements in it that are typical of what I think a good FF title is about.

ninjastarforcex

FF7!! because i only play FF4 and FF7
    FF4 would be the best for me but...no after i play crisis core

Personally I vote for 10 but 7 is not far behind!!!

Registered User Best final fantasy game Oneesan's Avatar

ffX is number 1 for me, I logged an ungodly amount of hours on this one (between 900 & 1200 hours, I have way too much free time). I also loved crisis core and 8. 7 was great but I`m still waiting for a remake since i'm a sucker for great graphics!

Final Fantasy IV is my favourite.

Registered User Best final fantasy game

My favorite is ff8, but for the best, i would have to say ff6.

spoilers

ff6 has the only dang boss that actually accomplishes taking over the world and changes it dramatically.

Passing fair judgement Best final fantasy game Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I voted VII because it was the first FF I ever played, and I think Cloud was cool. How come FFXIII isn't up there, I liked that one?
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I voted with VI because it got some many gaming essentials right. Great gameplay, excellent soundtrack, excellent storyline with so many twists and turns, there are 14 playable characters, and most of them are developed pretty well, and it had one of the most epic boss fights in a video game. I'm playing VII at the moment and that is another great game, so I'd say it's an extremely close second.

Registered User Best final fantasy game Alex's Avatar

Final Fantasy XII, it had the graphics, the battle system, the characters ...
    Damn!

Going along with the popular choice for once, i would have to say FFVII - for starters, it was my first Final Fantasy game and is one of my inspirations for writing.

I absolutely loved the story, and all the optional extras as well (Chocobo Breeding was the best thing in the world at my tender young age) xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

kogarasu_maru

My favorite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy VII. This was the first Final Fantasy game that I played. I fell in love with both the music and the story of the game.

jthauds

i think its missing a game up there though... wat about xiii?

TFF's Resident Messenger Best final fantasy game Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When this thread was started, I don't think that Final Fantasy XIII was around yet. You can still say that XIII is your favorite game though. It helps keep the thread fresh, even though it's sticky.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User Best final fantasy game Horhay's Avatar

VIII in my opinion. Lot of history with it, and love the game in general. Love the world Square created, and the music Uematsu composed for it.

PureEntity

Final fantasy 77777777777777 .

Queen Best final fantasy game Crescent's Avatar

VII is the best. I only found out afterwards that it was so popular. I watched my brother play it as a 7 year old and Id run like crazy to the lounge whenever Id hear him turn on the ps1. I was glued to it and I wasn't even sure why. I've played FFVII 38 times ever since. It is the best game ever made still to this day. Yeah there are hardcore FFVII fans out there but how can you not be with such a masterpiece. What was supposed to be just a game delivered so much more. I've said it a gazillion times before and I'll never get tired of it. FFVII= BEST.GAME.EVER.

Arron'the Egg'

Final Fantasy X & X-2 are my favs but i love ff7 for the memories and having a tear in my eyes for the first and only time due to a game

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast