Thread: Any Conan/ Robert E Howard fans?

Any Conan/ Robert E Howard fans?

I just got into his stuff recently. Awesome, anything like it or anything you guys would recommend that makes a good fantasy read?

Registered User Any Conan/ Robert E Howard fans? randy666's Avatar

Re: Any Conan/ Robert E Howard fans?

are you referring to conan as in conan doyle creator of sherlock holmes? I personally have never heard of robert E howard but he is probably quite good, on authors my favourite would be John Keates followed by William McGonagal(he is so bad)
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

nah not Arthur Conan Doyle, Although he's also one of my favorites. I mean Conan the barbarian. Robert E Howard is the creator and wrote a fair amount of short stories with Conan in them.However nowadays a bunch of authors have contributed to the universe.

Registered User Any Conan/ Robert E Howard fans? randy666's Avatar

oh right I have read a few of the conan short stories they are really good, nowadays I think other authors rip him off too much and change the character a little, schwartznegger in that film was pretty good though, personal favourite is 'the tower of the elephant' although i have only read 3 or 4.

from what i have read theres also a new film coming out as well, august 2011, dunno how that will turn out
    Last edited by randy666; 11-02-2010 at 05:45 AM.
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

It's looking promising my fantasy prof is encouraging us to go see it she despises the 1982 Schwartznegger film and its sequel. There are other films based on his characters like Red Sonja and Kull the conqueror floating about which aren't so good or so I've heard. But yeah Tower of elephant is awesome and is like the first Conan story written with Conan in mind. Know anything like it you would recommend for a read?