Thread: Actual Real News. Not Being Faceitous

Bananarama Actual Real News. Not Being Faceitous Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actual Real News. Not Being Faceitous

Apparently there is one more DLC story coming out in early 2019, but the three others planned were scrapped.

The Ardyn story will come out in March, but stores for Aranea, Lunafreya and Noctis have been cancelled.

This is due to the fact that Hajima Tabata, FFXVs head director, is leaving Squeenix to start his own company.

Here's the story:
    Multiple DLC for ‘Final Fantasy XV’ Cancelled After Director Departure – Variety

I'm a little bummed about this but not surprised. I was hoping the extra stories would help flesh out the story a little more, but at the same time, I was over FFXV a while ago. I bought the season pass when the game came out, so I was mildly excited about getting more for my money and possibly finding something a little more redeeming about the game.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Boxer of the Galaxy Actual Real News. Not Being Faceitous Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Apparently there is one more DLC story coming out in early 2019, but the three others planned were scrapped.

The Ardyn story will come out in March, but stores for Aranea, Lunafreya and Noctis have been cancelled.

This is due to the fact that Hajima Tabata, FFXVs head director, is leaving Squeenix to start his own company.

Here's the story:
    Multiple DLC for ‘Final Fantasy XV’ Cancelled After Director Departure – Variety

I'm a little bummed about this but not surprised. I was hoping the extra stories would help flesh out the story a little more, but at the same time, I was over FFXV a while ago. I bought the season pass when the game came out, so I was mildly excited about getting more for my money and possibly finding something a little more redeeming about the game.
    Will there be a compensation or refund of the season pass?

only SE could be this bad, seriously. Its just one thing after another with them these days.

Blog Entries
    Probably not, because people had already gotten a few DLCs worth of content from it anyway. I'm not really mad about it either. It's more of a kick in the nuts after essentially having zero new content in 2018 aside from new skins for the Kingsglaive side scroller mini game.

I'm more disappointed by Squeenix for taking 10 years and 3 platforms to produce an underwhelming game, then scrapping the last pieces of story that could potentially make it more enjoyable.

I don't care that Tabata walked out. I'm sure he had much grander plans for this game, but was probably put under pressure to just produce results.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

This is official information? I can not wait to find out what the "new story" is going to bring and if it will live up to our expectations.

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp
    Last edited by Shivaa; 10-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yep. It was released a few months ago. There was a new teaser trailer that just came out this past week for the Ardyn dlc
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN