Thread: Hey, can someone help me these FFXI terms, words, etc being correct and accurate?

Hey, can someone help me these FFXI terms, words, etc being correct and accurate?

Hey there, FFXI fans, I was hoping someone with significant experience with the game could help me.

You see I came across a fun little fan-made video that takes that parodies a classic Anime ending song with FFXI-themed lyrics.

FFXI Yattodetaman Boogie Woogie

Someone in the comments for the video posted a quick translation and thought after posting a similar Time Bokan+Final Fantasy mashup, thought I'd make a quick Hardsub for the video.

My only problem is, not knowing FFXI too well, I want to make sure all the proper terms are translated and used properly. Here's the quick translation:

The PT's food is Sole Sushi || A single AM2 on the pet || An Astral Ring from the coffer || A potential ace is hidden by a green ball (party flag)

A drop from Sky (<-is this an actual place or just "the sky" in general?) || A quest item finally came || A subligar from a Fomor in the Aqueducts

Chorus:

It finally came || It finally came || After waiting so long || It finally came

Yattodeta-Man Boogie Woogie Ready (he's holding a papyrus

Rough translation Part 2:

A heatwave after all the rain || Behi-chan (Behemoth) from his nest in the Domain || A sound from behind, it's a SATA | A chocobo from the egg || Thunder from the Cat President || Shiny gold Raillefal finally came || The future as read by the mystic

(Chorus)

Grandpa's cap || The seedlings that've been growing are finally done || Karababa can go off anytime when she's mad

(Chorus)

Yattodeta-Man

Moldy drop alreadyyyyyy!! (he's holding a Thunder 3(<-Should this be Thunderga?))
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks

The Quiet One Hey, can someone help me these FFXI terms, words, etc being correct and accurate? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I ran through the quote you provided and responded back with everything that stood out to me. Most of it sounded fine, but definitely only things that would make sense to someone that plays a lot of FFXI.

PT - Party, I'm guessing. Standard shorthand.
    Sole Sushi - its consumable food, sounds right.
    AM2 - Sounds like Ancient Magic Level 2, Quake II, Flood II, I guess if they aren't specific.
    Astral Ring - is right
    Coffer - shorthand for Coffer Chest or Coffer Treasure Chest, but sounds fine
    Green Ball - hmm, not sure, party flag is possible, but its a green question mark. I'll have to think what they mean.
    Sky - is a location, well its more like a fan term for a region that float in the air, thus Sky.
    Subligar - definitely shorthand for equipment, but sounds correct
    Fomor - is a monster from the Aqueducts
    Aqueducts - is a location, though because of the naming I can't remember the full name, but its shorthand too, sounds fine
    Papyrus - a drop item, sounds correct
    Heatwave - reference the heat weather effects
    Behi-chan - never heard of Behemoth called that, but the Japanese are pretty cute with their names.
    Domain - refers to Behemoth's Dominion probably, so that might be off
    SATA - is shorthand for Sneak Attack + Trick Attack, two Thief abilities
    Chocobo - is fine ^^
    Thunder - probably nothing special, might be talking about magic spell
    Cat President - probably something about the mithras
    Raillefal - no idea, could be a NPC or land, but doesn't sound like an area I remember
    Grandpa's Cap - may refer to Maat's Cap or may just be Grandpa's Cap ^^;
    Karababa - sounds Tarutaru, NPC maybe, not sure
    Moldy - if I remember is a rare drop, a ring from a slime monster, shorthand for Moldy Ring or Earing probably, sounds fine
    Thunder III - is a magic spell, magic is tiered in FFXI so there is Thunder III and Thundaga III, just not Thundara. Thunder is single target Thundaga is AoE multiple targets

Hope that helps you Cain.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Pretty much everything seems fine to me.

"Sky" does refer to a location, as Andro explained.

"Domain" definitely refers to Behemoth's Dominion, so I'm not sure which term would be appropriate; Domain or Dominion. Maybe Dominion.

"SATA" is the term English speaking players use for what's called "Fuidama" in the lyrics. It would probably be an appropriate translation.

Don't see much else worth mentioning.

Che
    The seedlings that grow are an item people "farm" and then plant and have to watch over for a week or two. They eventually grow into things that are worth a lot of money, and sell on the Auction House.

Karababa is a NPC that joins you in a Aht Urhgan mission for a 6 player, no level restriction fight.

After certain conditions are met, Karababa will say, "That's quite enough...It's time for me to start playing rough!" and then proceeds to begin spamming tier 1 elemental spells for anywhere between 800 to over 2,000 damage for each spell.

^ Probably what he means by "Karababa can go off when she's mad".