Thread: Worst Movie's of 2009

Death Before Dishonor Worst Movie's of 2009 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Worst Movie's of 2009

Well there was already a thread for top 5 movies of 2009 so I figured why not make one for the worst. Choose five of the movie's relased in 2009 that you thought was the worst, after the movie name you can give a brief description of why you thought it was so bad.. You don't have to give a description... Do not get angry if a movie you love is bashed in this thread...

1. Saw VI- sorry Saw fans I hated it thought there was way too many plot twist and didnt enjoy it at all...

2. Paranormal Activity- everyone for some reason or another loved this movie probably because it was supposed to be real..I thought it sucked big ballz..

3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- hated it loved all the other's and the books were great, the movie just let me down...

4. X-Men Origins Wolverine- Now before anything is said to me I enjoyed this movie the only reason it is on my list is cause the shity special effects pissed me off to no ends..

5. Zombieland- Another movie everyone loved not me I thought it had its moments but overall it sucked. When I see a zombie movie I dont want comedy I want action...

Hope everyone enjoy's this thread and has fun with it...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst Movie's of 2009 Xanatos's Avatar
    Dragonball : Evolution - What can I say, they killed my childhood with this movie. Well, I know it's almost impossible to have characters that would look like those in anime, but in all honesty they didn't even try. I mean just look what they did to Bulma, Master Roshi, Yamcha...Somehow I can go with that but to change Goku's personality is just crazy. Goku uses gel, goes to some teen party and he even hits on Chi-Chi is something that doesn't resemble to Goku at all. Which anime did they watch when they were making this movie? But they didn't stooped at that, I mean why should they when there is also a story to **** up. The story was just pitiful, I think there was just one small part of the story that actually followed anime and that was the only positive thing in entire movie.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li - I had high expectation for this movie, I even said that it can't be any worse than the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme...oh boy was I wrong. The entire cast for this movie sucks, not just that they don't resemble to any character from Street Fighter but most of them are even terrible actors.As for the story... well, actually it wasn't bad but the lack of characters and stupid fights have entirely ruined it and needless to say there are some parts of the story that don't go along with the game.

For some strange reasons I haven't seen that much of stupid movies this year although I can't say that I've watched many good movies also...if I remember anymore I'll edit this post.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 11-05-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Worst Movie's of 2009
    Ummm.... I only seen one movie that I thought was pretty bad...

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Yeah, there are some funny parts, but this movie is pretty much forgettable, until you come across a topic in the movie forum that asks what movies of 2009 you thought were bad, but I digress...

I think that Kevin James is a pretty funny guy, but this movie just wasn't that great, imo. I watched it with a bunch of friends and we rented it. They all enjoyed it very much. I guess I'm pretty hard to please...

I really wish that I could do a top five, but I haven't seen that many movies this year. At least not ones that were released in 2009.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries
    I also saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop. In theaters, in fact (seems like it actually may have been last Fall...) My friend wanted to see it, for some reason. I knew it was going to suck, but I went with him anyway, just to keep him company. About 20 minutes in, he asked me, "You're hating this, aren't you?" and I was like "yes." I thought the only really funny part was when he got drunk, and was playing with his coworker's ear lobe. The strange thing is, I have friends who actually liked it. *shrug* I also saw Seth Rogan's mall security movie, "Observe and Report." It was better, which I suppose isn't saying much.

I thought Dragon Ball: Evolution was okay. At least better than I thought it would be. Still a not-very-good movie, but a fairly decent attempt at an adaptation of Dragon Ball....

Haven't really seen all that many other movies this year, unfortunately. That may be a blessing, however. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I don't make a motion of watching movies I think will suck. So I dunno many.

Gonna have to agrees with Xanatos on this one: Dragonball Evolution
    I saw the preview to this movie and actually didn't know wtf it was until they showed the title. I'm not a fan of the series (unless you count the Youtube videos like the over 9000 thing XD) but I can normally pick out an anime. I watched it for the lols.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saw Blood: The Last Vampire, and I thought it sucked incredibly. The blood was ridiculously fake (looked like a kid was asked to do the blood effects in 3D Max without knowing wtf they were doing). The story left me asking many questions after the film, leaving me slightly confused about one or two things.

I'd rate it at 4/10. Can't believe I had the misfortune of it being me who was paying that day.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Anti- anything preppy Worst Movie's of 2009 Cloudluver101's Avatar

Re: Worst Movie's of 2009

Dude Zombieland was freakin awesome!!!! How could you think that movie was bad??? Here's a bad movie- TWILIGHT!!!! Good freakin lord that movie sucked. Nothing like that book at ALL!!!!!!!! This was made in '10 but Couples Retreat was also HORRIBLE. Other than that i havent seen any bad movies. I refused to let myself see Dragonball. Oh and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen sucked but only because of Megan Fox's acting.
    <----Its the FAPPING!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!! Haha

All is One.One is All. Worst Movie's of 2009 Firefly's Avatar

@ Dodie: I agree with u on the Paul Bart: Mall Cop thing.Some funny parts..but overall...not really good.
    Ok..I only have 2 (sry..didnt really see any movies last year)
    1.New Moon- Ok I <3 the book..but the movie was actually suckish in some ways.The only part I enjoyed was when Taylor Lautner pulled his shirt off MMMMMM! lol
    2.Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li -Yes..I didnt like this movie at all.Dont get me wrong..it wasnt a horrible movie..I just didn't like it or the story. I totally agree wit u Xanatos!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Do the elements trust you? Worst Movie's of 2009 bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    @ Dodie: I agree with u on the Paul Bart: Mall Cop thing.Some funny parts..but overall...not really good.
    Ok..I only have 2 (sry..didnt really see any movies last year)
    1.New Moon- Ok I <3 the book..but the movie was actually suckish in some ways.The only part I enjoyed was when Taylor Lautner pulled his shirt off MMMMMM! lol
    2.Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li -Yes..I didnt like this movie at all.Dont get me wrong..it wasnt a horrible movie..I just didn't like it or the story. I totally agree wit u Xanatos!
    Is it just me or is every unoriginal movie from last year suckish
    and don't get me started on twilight the movie sucked so much compared to the book I didn't bother with new moon
    and firefly I think they did that to lure werewolf fan girls in so their suckish movie would earn them some money
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Off the top of my head, Antichrist, Avatar, Away we Go, Bruno, Cheri, Julia, Public Enemies, and Thirst. I would rather have a lobotomy than view any of them again.

Anti- anything preppy Worst Movie's of 2009 Cloudluver101's Avatar

[QUOTE=Walter Sobchak;1254438]Off the top of my head, Avatar, QUOTE]

Wow Avatar was a bad movie? I didnt wanna see it in the first place but judging by the amount of money it brought in I'd never thought it could be a bad movie.
    <----Its the FAPPING!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!! Haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudluver101 View Post
    Wow Avatar was a bad movie? I didnt wanna see it in the first place but judging by the amount of money it brought in I'd never thought it could be a bad movie.
    I thought it was a bad movie. Most people I know didn't like it either. I guess it made lots of money cause like myself everyone thought it was gonna be amazing.

Che

Avatar made lots of money because it was visually insane.

Let's not forget 2012. Terrible movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Let's not forget 2012. Terrible movie.
    Now that is something I can definitely agree with. The only thing that this movie caused was a slight sense of panic, about what is gonna happen in 2012. It was a bad movie.

Another movie that was pretty bad was Pandorum. I know that there are some fans of this movie, but for me it just didn't do it. It left me asking way to many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudluver101 View Post
    Money means nothing. NSYNC has the highest grossing album of all time. Plus, Avatar beat Titanic, which also sucked.

Galbadian Gunner Worst Movie's of 2009 vicentederek's Avatar

I'll have to go with 2010. Sure, the cataclysmic effects seem realistic but, this kind of realism strays away from what our world will never become... planet Earth won't die on 2012 and the producers of this movie had the audacity to scare people off with (fictional) prophecies of Doomsday. Whatever. Just a bad movie and plus, John Cussack is in it so, expect Razzies, three or more.
    You don't need a reason to help someone.
    Final Fantasy Girls

Mogmatt

The Box. It made sense for the first half (it wasn't good, but it made sense), but then there were aliens, water prisms, and everyone getting blood noses. Maybe It was just too complex for me, but I didn't get it at all. And I saw it TWICE. It only went for about 90 minutes but it felt like it went on for an hour too long.

Memento Rhapso Worst Movie's of 2009 Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Drag Me to Hell was probably the worst movie I've ever made my mind suffer through. Sure, the little slip of irony at the end was pretty clever, but the rest of it would've compared to Extreme Snail Racing with some vomit and blood every here and there.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT waste your Euros, Franks, Dollars, Munnies, Gil, Whatever, on this multimedia crapfest.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst Movie's of 2009 Xanatos's Avatar

I would like to add a movie that I watched just the other day, Gamer with Gerard Butler. After I saw the trailer and read few articles regarding this movie I really though I would enjoy watching it, especially since I'm a gamer. I must say it was one of the worst movies I saw lately, violence topped the story which isn't something I appreciate, the story itself was somewhat similar to the one from Surrogates, unfortunately not quite as good. But It wasn't all that bad, the cast was really good, Michael Hall was a good choice for a villain in my opinion.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

petervinsly

I would like to put which movie I was saw in 2009.

State of play
    Star trek
    X-man origin.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    5. Zombieland- Another movie everyone loved not me I thought it had its moments but overall it sucked. When I see a zombie movie I dont want comedy I want action...
    Shaun of the Dead. I win. The concept of a zombie apocalypse is pretty far fetched to begin with, so I don't see having a little fun with it to be that odd. Also, Bill Murray. Bill f*cking Murray. That automatically makes Zombieland amazing.

I didn't really see any stinkers in '09. But I was heavily disappointed by Harry Potter 6. I paid an extra 8 dollars to see it in IMAX 3D only to get a 3D opening and an entire movie screaming to be made in 3D.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

melinawaugh

According to me worst movies of 2009 year:

Fighting

Year One

The Goods

new moon

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra..

Dizi<3

2012 was by far one of the worst movies i've ever had the misfortune to see. First of all, the introducing credits went on and on, and i lost about a quarter of my interest towards the movie by the time they ended.
    Plus, the ending was really stupid and the attempts at being suspenseful throughout the movie were a hopeless failure.
    At the part where the girl's mom magically disappeared from the passenger's seat of the car was the part that i had lost all interest in the movie.

Damn, there were a lot of horrible movies in 2009. *ponders for a moment* Well...

Avatar: Visually, it was stunning, and some of the action scenes were cool, but its story was pretty much the most predictable thing. Man has to choose between two sides, and obviously, he'll pick the one that is opposing the side that he was on right at the beginning.

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: Do I have to say any more then the title?

Funny People: Contrary to its name, it was not funny, not funny at all.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop: It had a few funny moments, but the plot was predictable and the movie is easy to forget.

New Moon: Its got ****ing vampires that sparkle. How can you not expect this movie to be a train wreck?

Bruno: No explanation needed here.

Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince: I really liked the first three HP movies, but the rest were just too unbearable for me.

2012: *facepalm*

Jennifer's Body: Another good example of why Megan Fox can't act, and she should just have non-speaking roles.

I believe there's more, but those are the ones that I thought off the top of my head. And honestly, the 2009 movies haven't been as bad as some in 2010. I've already got about ten for 2010 that were terrible.

Be a pal and level my adoptables!

smallville

there were some bad movies, like really bad, in 2009 but since we are optimists we like to think the good outnumbered the bad
    Couples Retreat is one of the biggest