Thread: RE: Afterlife

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared RE: Afterlife The Dark Crystal's Avatar

RE: Afterlife

I am sure most of you have already heard or seen this already, but here it is anyways for those of you who have been in the gutter like me!

So about three weeks ago I was looking on YouTube for random new things (Like always), and I came across a trailer for Resident Evil Afterlife. At first I was like "Hooooray another gay RE movie", but after watching the video and looking at what they added in the movie I am actually really excited to go see this one when it comes out!

Here's the link for the trailer

YouTube - Resident Evil Afterlife - Trailer HD

Why I'm excited?

Well for one it has many characters and villains from the RE game series, which has been something I have been waiting for since the first one came out! (Besides the stupid infected dogs)

If you pay attention to the video when Wesker throws his glasses you see a reflection of someone quite interesting! 1:09

I wont say anything else, but if your a fan of the games, you might be a lot more interested in this movie then the last 3 in the series.

Enjoy and comment on what you liked about the video!

P.S. Does anyone know who the two characters behind Wesker were when he was taking off his shades? 1:06
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 04-14-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Maridia

Re: Afterlife

What do you see at 1:09? I didn't catch anything.

I think the movies gonna be what we expect. They've all been one uppers of each other. Not in a good way but it's so over the top. It's like the 80s actions movies. More explosions, more guns, more....zombies?

I honestly love the games, as in 1-4. The movies I think killed any story that could seem legit but it makes me laugh to see how they weave in certain people or plot points. Be it Nemesis, or telekenisis.

But yeah I'll see it come Sept.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. RE: Afterlife Polk's Avatar

I have very few expectations for a film where the main draw in the trailer is that they used the same cameras that James Cameron did in Avatar. That being said, I enjoy the games, and the movies weren't terrible for what they were, action movies sorta kinda maybe based in an RE universe.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared RE: Afterlife The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Original post by Maridia
    What do you see at 1:09? I didn't catch anything.
    When he throws his glasses there's a reflection of a women by his right shoulder.

Original post by Maridia
    I think the movies gonna be what we expect. They've all been one uppers of each other. Not in a good way but it's so over the top. It's like the 80s actions movies. More explosions, more guns, more....zombies?
    Yea this was my main reason for disliking the first 3, to much action, and not much of the game itself. I did see the Las Plagas in the trailer, so hopefully they will add more action scenes with them in it.
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 04-17-2010 at 06:40 AM.

gaming service ID:

the psycho in me wants pie!!! RE: Afterlife kurohime's Avatar

I saw the trailer too. that movie is going to be badass. Resident evil ROCKS!!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth RE: Afterlife Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Waltz View Post
    Why I'm excited?

Well for one it has many characters and villains from the RE game series, which has been something I have been waiting for since the first one came out! (Besides the stupid infected dogs)[/B]

Strange thing to say as there an enormous set of characters and villains that appear through the first three movies, it's true that some of them have been modified a little bit just to fit Anderson's vision of Resident Evil but most of them stayed intact.

Actually, those characters that managed to stay intact are the only thing I like about Anderson's Resident Evil, but even they were poorly done. These movies might have been entertaining if there wasn't for Resident Evil tittle as they don't share much in common with the game (storywise especially). I didn't bother to watch the trailer, I already know what I can expect, honestly I'm not even sure if I'm gonna watch it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Originally posted by Xanatos
    Strange thing to say as there an enormous set of characters and villains that appear through the first three movies, it's true that some of them have been modified a little bit just to fit Anderson's vision of Resident Evil but most of them stayed intact.
    Forgive me, let me better explain, I have only played Resident Evil: Archives (Wii), 4 (PS2), and 5 (360). So out of those games I haven't seen much of the villains in the movies. My bad, I should have been more specific when I said that.

Originally posted by Xanatos
    Actually, those characters that managed to stay intact are the only thing I like about Anderson's Resident Evil, but even they were poorly done. These movies might have been entertaining if there wasn't for Resident Evil tittle as they don't share much in common with the game (storywise especially). I didn't bother to watch the trailer, I already know what I can expect, honestly I'm not even sure if I'm gonna watch it.
    That could have been why I didn't notice them, or I'm just making excuses , but I am still excited with the new content that will be added from the games in RE: Afterlife.

gaming service ID:

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み RE: Afterlife ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I'll be totally honest here, that looks really stupid. It looks more like the Matrix than Resident Evil.

I think if it didn't have 'Resident Evil' in the title, it would be more appealing.
    I too, loved the games (even though I sucked). I watched the first and I thought it was terrible. Then, the second which was even worse. I didn't bother with the third one, and I won't with this one. The only redeeming factor is that it has Wesker in it. That's it.

these movies have gone way away from teh games and only use the game for small things like names.
    i am not liking now there using Wesker and Chris Redfield more as they are great characters and gonna look rubbish