Thread: Movies with Cliffhangers

Badass Military Agent Movies with Cliffhangers Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Movies with Cliffhangers

We all know they exist of course, now the way I see it is if a movie is going to have a cliffhanger but is never going to come out with a sequel, why not tell us what really happens at the end???

What's the point in keeping suspense like that in the back of people's mind anyway?

It doesn't even have to be a full explanation, just something to where we can literally end the movies in our heads instead of going on alternate endings over and over and over again.

I hope someone can give me a straight no bullshit answer, although the end result of this probably will never change, just wanted the general public's opinion on movies with cliffhangers and no sequels.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Re: Movies with Cliffhangers

Maybe they wanted to make a sequel but the film was such a failure the studio didn't think a sequal would be profitable to make?

I invented Go-Gurt. Movies with Cliffhangers Clint's Avatar

There are plenty of reasons for cliffhanger endings.

One reason could be if the ending really doesn't matter. There was some other message to the story that couldn't be specified by the ending, so the ending was left open.

Another reason could be that you're supposed to make up your own mind on what happens next.

Or maybe it's just for the mystery.

Although the cliffhanger endings don't clearly state what happens, there are usually subtle clues throughout the film that give an indication on what transpires after the end.

A large percentage of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 episodes end with clif hangers. (currently watching series start to finish.
    I really hate it, because the episodes are more of less stand alone, so you never get any closure on the events.