Thread: Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

Registered User Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

Pretty much just what the title says. Has there ever been a movie theater experience that just stays in your memory for whatever reason (good or bad)?

I've never walked out on a movie, but I have been one where everyone else did though. The film was called The Hours. My friend took me to see it, because she heard that it was good, and it did have some big name actors attached to the project, so I went along. About halfway through the movie, I notice that there weren't as many people as there was when the movie started, and at the end, my friend and I were the only two left. I guess people thought it was so bad that they had to physically remove themselves from the theater so they could keep their sanity or something.

Another experience was back when Robots was playing. About halfway through the movie (what's the deal with everything happening halfway through? ), the projector malfunctioned, and the movie just stopped. We were all informed that it would take a while for things to be up and running again, so the management gave everyone a free movie pass that we could use on our next visit to whatever was showing at the time. I don't remember what I used mine for though.

Yeah, my experiences are not too exciting, but still pretty memorable to me.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The real reason why the rum is gone Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

Re: Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

A while ago I was watching something (I can't remember what it was) but just as it got to the good bit at the end, the projector broke and the movie just froze. It was like... We had to sit through an hour and a half of crap and it stops at the bit worth watching. We got a free movie ticket though, so we just went to see something else, which I think we chose The Ugly Truth, and that was quite amusing.

Mine is defineately that horrible "date" I was forced into in the wort dates thread lol

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? kupo's Avatar

2 stories of when i went to see 'pans labyrinth'

1.there was this grandama who had taken her grandkids to see it and there were 4 of them that were between 4 & 9 yrs of age. needless to say they had left the theater within in the first 15 mins. guess they thought it was a kids movie? the whole raited R thing didn't tip her off?

2. there was this couple in their early 20s that were sitting next to my friend and i. when the movie began, the girl said 'why did they make the movie in spanish? why couldn't they make it in english'

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kupo View Post
    1.there was this grandama who had taken her grandkids to see it and there were 4 of them that were between 4 & 9 yrs of age. needless to say they had left the theater within in the first 15 mins. guess they thought it was a kids movie? the whole raited R thing didn't tip her off?
    This is literally the worst thing. I had a similar experience when I saw the Friday the 13th reboot last year. This couple right in front of me had their two kids with them (I don't know how old they were, if I had to fathom a guess, I would say a 5-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy), because for some reason they thought it was a really good idea to bring the little kids to a slasher movie. As soon as Jason started killing people, the girl started crying, and the boy covered his eyes and constantly asked him if the scary parts were over. They ended up leaving about 20 minutes into the movie, because everyone around us was shushing them, including myself. So they left in a huff.

I'd also just like to boast that I've never walked out of a movie in my life. And I've sat through some garbage in my day. When I wrote movie reviews for my high school news paper, I even sat through Epic Movie. That piece of shit scarred me for life, though.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? WilsonDean1990's Avatar

When to pics with friends to watch Vantage Point and this guy was being loud and talking, so somebody must have told someone. A guy comes in and tells him he has to be quiet or he will have to leave so the guy started to get aggressive so (the guy who worked there) he told him to leave and he refused untill everyone was calling him a p***k and a D**k Head and got removed by force.

It was the funniest thing ever some kids in front of us where throwing sweets at him when he got kicked out
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 04-05-2010 at 01:25 PM.

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Imperius Rex Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Storm's Avatar

I went to the cinema with a friend when we were about 15, I can't remember what we saw, but we had a bunch of stupid chavvy kids throwing popcorn and sweets at us. That was bloody annoying, but I got the steward to kick them out.

I went to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland on its opening day, and a bunch of stoners just down the row from us were giggling like loonies at the caterpillar with his bong! Every time that character showed up, they were in hysterics! I have to say, I found it funny, but not half as much as that lot!

The funniest moment, though, was when I went with a group of friends and aquaintances to watch the crappy US remake of The Ring 2. One of my friends, who is one of those 'chick-flick' types was cowering behind her popcorn, while my other friend and I were almost wetting ourselves laughing at some of the really corny things which were supposed to be scary. What didn't help my wussier friend was that I apparantly looked like the dead girl within that dark cinema. I don't quite see the resembelance, but I did find it funny!

That's stupid that people can take kids to see adult movies. I've never experienced that (maybe the UK is tougher on ages), but that is really irresponsible. Not only is it bad for the kids, but it disrupts the film for everyone who wants to watch the film.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Death Before Dishonor Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spoiled due to content:
    Some chick I was at a movie wit grabbed my junk in the middle of a movie and went to town. I had to stop her. It was an awkward situation.

Another occured when I went to see Rob Zombie's Halloween. The projector f*cked up halfway through the movie. So everyone was yelling. Then there was a chick fight. Shirts were getting ripped and tata's wee exposed. A great way to end that night.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Asking all the personal questions. Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Went to the movies with my older brother and his mates and besides us there were like 2 other couples or small groups of people so we said f*** the movie and just mucked up, one of my brothers mates was messing around with the arm rests (this theater was a bit dodgy an the armrest didn't flip up or down) and he was pretending to break saying 'I wonder how easy this would be to snap' and lo and behold he snapped it but the funny bit was one of the curators walked and started to give us a stern talking to and this guy was trying to hold the arm rest in place and pretend to rest his arm on it at the same time to make it look inconspicuous and the rest of us were trying so hard not to piss ourselves laughing.

Other than that just throwing jaffas and other assorted lollies through crowds fun times.
    Yes I was a delinquent back then.

That same night it all started when we were waiting in line to get our tickets and the lady in front of us had toilet paper hanging out her pants and she was none the wiser and of course being teenagers we didn't tell her we preferred to have a bit of a laugh.
    Last edited by RamesesII; 04-05-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

lol , yes i know im a bit late to the party, but i just had to put in my comment. 3 Things: The first was pretty funny. I was sitting in the back, watching the movie, and a few seats down from me i hear two people LOUDLY making out. So i'm like "ok some guy, and his girlfriend are getting it on in the theatre" Of course i can't help but peek over, and it's two women making out. Lol. I have nothing against gays or anything. but it took me a bit off guard.

The Second was when m friend and i went to see "The Fountain" It was a horrible movie. Made no sense, a total waste of money. Well as the credits begin to roll, my friend stands up, and very loudly says: "What. The. F*ck!" lol i was lauging so hard, and the funny thing is, i could see that most of the other people were agreeing with him.

The third was when my friend and i again went to see a movie, were had our Nintendo DS's and were playing yugioh, and ended up playing into like the first half hour of the movie.

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

Last year, or the year before last-don't recall exactly when the movie was out-my friend wanted to see that Mall Cop movie with the King of Queens guy (not to be confused with the other Mall Cop movie that came out around the same time starring Seth Rogan, which is better, but that's not saying much.) I have no idea why he wanted to see it. It blew chunks. About 30 minutes in, he asked me, "You're hating watching this, aren't you? I'm sorry I made you come see this." Heh. It's the only movie I've gone to as an adult that I really regretted going to. To my recollection, anyway.

I haven't had too many experiences with bad fellow movie attenders, although when I went and saw Return of the King, towards the end, some kids behind me apparently were getting antsy with all the false endings, and started laughing and making fun of the movie. "Don't jump on there too, Gimli!" I mean, I know it's hard when a movie is three and a half hours long and you have ADD and are a moron, I have to give them that much. Think there were also people talking through Passion of the Christ maybe. Though maybe that was also RotK; been a while.

How about good movie experiences? Went and saw Van Helsing with my friends, and that was pretty fun. During the previews, some movie was made by "Act a Fool Productions" or something, and my friend said loudly, "Act. A. Fool!" Also, seeing Fellowship of the Ring at the old White Side Theater-an old, cooly decorated theater with a balcony and everything-before it closed is probably my single-most favorite movie-going experience to date. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Air from my lungs. Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Violet's Avatar

I think it was How to Train your Dragon where something happened to me last time. The sound was just gone for an entire 12 minutes or so. I was worried it would stay like that throughout the video.. but thankfully someone fixed the problem.

As for bad experiences in general, I hate when the floors are sticky and there's popcorn everywhere. Especially when there's screaming children or people who chew their food too loud. Those times just totally suck ><.

When I went to Charlie's Angels there was a woman who brought a bag of carrots as snacks.

Another time, during a Japanese film festival they had the movie out of order. so we watch the first third then the last third and then the middle third. It was hilarious.
    You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

Don't remember any bad experiences. I remember at Dead Man's Chest premiere, I dressed like a ninja in the movie theater.

Saw III midnight showing was full of my high school lol so that was fun.

I honestly don't think I ever had a bad experience...
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Che

I came home from freshman year of college and wanted to go out, so I asked this girl to go with me. We went to see After The Sunset with Pierce Brosnan and Selma Hayek. She ended up kissing me and then taunting me to have sex with her. She kept saying "you won't", etc, but I just wanted to watch the movie.

So I kissed her, then we went to my car and she kept talking about having sex so I just took her home. (edit: no secks!)

Also, Block, midgetbob, and I have been to several movies in which we just make fun of the entire movie and change the atmosphere of the theatre. One specific time we went to see an early preview of Electra and we just laughed so hard at he serious parts because they were terrible, and by the end of the movie everyone was laughing.
    Last edited by Che; 05-05-2010 at 01:20 PM.

The Brave Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

Post Re: Memorable Movie Theater Experiences?

When i watched the Avatar film with my cousin, i was really amazed by the sheer amount of quality, a story that is literally mind-blowing and interesting characters, in my opinion anyway.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

One time My brother and I went to go see The Grudge and it came to the part where the girl does that throaty noise into the security camera. Right as her eyes opened my brother dropped his watch on the ground. A bunch of ppl screamed. It was great I found out that this one jock I went to school with screams like a girl. XD
    Last edited by Kooky Spice; 05-11-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Crash Boom Bang Memorable Movie Theater Experiences? Lily's Avatar

I went to watch The Hangover with the boyfriend and I laughed so much, I snorted, really really loudly D: