Thread: Alice in Wonderland 2010

Alice in Wonderland 2010

So I am not sure why the heck this hasn't been mentioned yet but I am going to go ahead and throw this out there.

Tim Burton is at it again taking childhood stories and twisting them into great films. There have been some well known actors and actresses announced for this film and the first that caught my eye was Johnny Depp (settle down Gov) and long with a few others. As of right now it looks like the cast is set with:

Mia Wasikowska - Alice
    Matt Lucas - Tweedledee/Tweedledum
    Johnny Depp - Mad Hatter
    Stephen Fry - Cheshire Cat
    Michael Sheen - White Rabbit
    Christopher Lee - Jabberwock
    Anne Hathaway - White Queen
    Helena Bonham Carter - Red Queen
    Crispin Glover - Knave of Hearts
    Alan Rickman - The Caterpillar

It is going to be interesting to see the twist that Burton puts on Lewis Carroll's books. Honestly making a live action film of this will be quite a feat to overcome with some high expectations from many.

So with out further adu:
    Alice in Wonderland trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Source:
    Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies

Discuss.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Che
    It's going to be amazing! The cartoon is my favorite movie of all time. The story is just excellent, and I'm really looking forward to this live action one. Looks like a great cast, but most important - it's Tim Burton. What better story could he have directed than this?

I don't think they could of picked anyone better to play the Mad Hatter, he seems to follow suite pretty well.

As for the trailer, it got me hyped up when you actually got to see Alice drink the shrinking potion, kind of crazy how she fell out of her clothes haha. But from what I have seen so far it looks really good.

Given it is Disney I think there will be alot of dark twists to it just because it is Burton.

From what I can tell from the official site it looks like it is going to be a twist of both Alice's adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Also note from the official site it will be 3D. I would like to see the way the 3D effects pan out.

Official Site: Alice in Wonderland - The Official Website
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    I don't think they could of picked anyone better to play the Mad Hatter, he seems to follow suite pretty well.

As for the trailer, it got me hyped up when you actually got to see Alice drink the shrinking potion, kind of crazy how she fell out of her clothes haha. But from what I have seen so far it looks really good.

Given it is Disney I think there will be alot of dark twists to it just because it is Burton.

From what I can tell from the official site it looks like it is going to be a twist of both Alice's adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Also note from the official site it will be 3D. I would like to see the way the 3D effects pan out.

Official Site: Alice in Wonderland - The Official Website
    Couldn't agree with you more on Depp playing the Mad Hatter. Although I didn't like his Wonka I do respect him for stating he didn't want to just do what Gene Wilder did. He wanted to do something that hadn't been done, and he accomplished that. Every other movie I've seen with him in it I've loved, though. He's a great actor that can play many roles.

I've never been to a 3D movie before, but this seems like a great movie to be my first!

Love Time Burton,love Johnny Depp,and love Alice In Wonderland.In other words I cant wait for this movie to come out.It should be a very nice Tim Burton twist like was said.

Master of the Shadow Key Alice in Wonderland 2010 KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    It seems the Mad Hatter is going to be more important than he did in the animated movie. Tell me, Is this a sequel to the Disney animated movie, or a reinvisioning?? Either way it looks cool except for three things that freak me out:

1. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. Ugly freaky.

2. The Queen of Heart's BIG head. Scary freaky.

3. Cheshire cat with that smile. Just freaky.

I guess that's what Burton does best though, so kudos to him for succeeding!
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

I invented Go-Gurt. Alice in Wonderland 2010 Clint's Avatar
    The worst thing about this film is that Tim Burton is the director. With him as director, I won't be able to see it, because everything he directs makes me want to say, "What the hell? This crap completely sucks." It's like the guy takes his bizarre nightmares and turns them into movies, but it's most likely meth. That's my best guess. It even has the wrong actor named Sheen. If Martin Sheen or Emilio Estevez were in it, I'd go see it. Michael Sheen isn't even a relative.

DarkKnight
    As a huge fan of Tim Burton, I will probably go out and see this, and bring my kids along with me. I think his cast of actors is perfect, even though he uses them fairly often in his movies. I have high hopes that his rendition will be fairly accurate even with his little spin on things.

Asking all the personal questions. Alice in Wonderland 2010 RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Johhnny Depp in a Tim Burton film no way i would have never seen that oncoming haha they do work very well together so it was no surprise to see Depp in yet another anticipated Burton film it looks good although it looks like a bit darker version but that has already been done before nonetheless it looks really good.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

The movie looks great. I don't like the queen with the big head and Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. They are scary and really...I don't know how I would describe their freakishness! >.<

By Colours
    ~Universal Esper~

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Alice in Wonderland 2010 Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Michael Sheen isn't even a relative.
    He was David ****ing Frost. That's all I have to say on the matter.

As for Johnny Depp, er, uh, Alice in Wonderland. I'm having mixed feelings. I'm not a big Tim Burton fan. For every good film he's done, like Ed Wood or Big Fish, he's done God awful films like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes. And Jesus, Burton. Johnny Depp doesn't have to be in every god damned movie you make.

Hell, I'll probably end up checking it out, and walking out of the theater like Rocco.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Sir Prize Alice in Wonderland 2010 Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    He was David ****ing Frost. That's all I have to say on the matter.

As for Johnny Depp, er, uh, Alice in Wonderland. I'm having mixed feelings. I'm not a big Tim Burton fan. For every good film he's done, like Ed Wood or Big Fish, he's done God awful films like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes. And Jesus, Burton. Johnny Depp doesn't have to be in every god damned movie you make.

Hell, I'll probably end up checking it out, and walking out of the theater like Rocco.
    Even though I've been a huge fan of Tim Burton for most of my life... I have to totally agree with Polk, here. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes truly shook my love of Tim Burton movies. There was no reason to redo those classics only to give them the tasteless spin they were given. As for Johnny Depp, he's star power plus he can totally pull off the Mad Hatter.

What I'm interested in, is Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat. That's perfect, I'm laughing already.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Blog Entries
    I never even saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, though I wanted to. I recently saw Sweeney Todd and the Corpse Bride, though, and found them both highly entertaining.

I've heard this movie is supposed to be a "sequel." Of what, I'm not sure. I heard this from people on the imdb forum, however, so take it with a grain of salt, eh?

Not particularly hyped to see this movie, for whatever reason. Will probably go see it when it comes out, because the books were great, the original cartoon movie was great, Johnny Depp is generally awesome, and Tim Burton is generally awesome. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom