Thread: At the Stairs of Heaven

At the Stairs of Heaven

(OCC: This is an open challenge to those who'd wish to join in. Having not RPB'd in sometime, I'd like this to be a way to break me back into it. I will be using my last character on here, Daiki for this battle.)

The wind passed through the forest quietly causing no more than a slight stir from the trees. Autumn leaves fell and danced in the breeze onto undergrowth below, melding into it; disappearing from sight almost. A fog hung through the trees, like a phantom reaching and grasping them in its malevolent hands. The cold wind blew again, brushing the skin of the warrior amidst the wood. He raised his head as the bangs of hair were moved from his face by it.

For days he had travelled through the dense wood, his journey taking him wherever he pleased. But now it lured him to this place. The ancient place filled with oaks that stood for all eternity guided his path onwards through them. Daiki could feel a calm presence around him, as if a benevolent spirit was watching his way. For a moment he took in the peace around him, feeling as if he was home again in his village. But centuries had passed since that day and all thoughts of it would always just be memories to him.

Lost in his mind, Daiki failed to notice the clearing he emerged in. As his eyes eventually trailed onto the ruins that stood tall and proud before him, a sense of awe filled his soul. The towering temple like remains stretched up into the heavens, the cracks and crevasses that dawned filled with moss and other plants. But what took his breath away the most were the floating rocks overhead that watched over everything like Gods in the sky. They encircled the clearance, all at different heights but lowest seemed at least fifty foot high. But in this clearing, he was left vulnerable. Unaware of anything else, something moved in whether by mistake or that came with intent.

occ: I accept your challenge but if my caracter dies here can I still use him.

My character will be Ziro

It was early in the morning and Ziro had just awaken. Ziro was five nine with short silver hair. He wore black armor with gold symbols of power on his arms, neck, and legs. He had red eyes with no puples. he was kinda taned and had leg, arm, back, chest and abomanl musles. his sword was blue with red going up the middle. He got his sword from his father that passed away in a epic battle.

Ziro sat up. He looked to his left to see his sword leaning up against the cave wall. It was kinda bright in the cavebecause the sun has come out. "Well time to start todays jorney". Ziro got up and put on all of his armor slung his sword over his shoulder. He had a sterdy face on then again it is always like that. While Ziro started to walk out the cave he thought to himself (what would a thirteen year old child know about these wood.
    Last edited by draco; 06-17-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Daiki’s eyes were sharp with fear and agitation. The songs he heard that disturbed the solitude around him still hung quietly in his ears, as if replaying them. The noise was defiantly movement of some sort, that he could easily have guessed but he didn’t know where from. As the sun hung high in the mid-morning, staring from the heavens like an ever-watching eye, the bold samurai kept turning his head from side to side whilst stepping round. From his view, no sign on disruption could be seen. However he blamed it on being at such a low height to everything else.

Looking up once more to the heavens above, he again took in the splendour that was the hovering rocks over him. They glided effortlessly through the air, as if on an un-seen current of magic or gentle summers breeze. They seemed so like, so graceful. Yet Daiki took their position in mind, and so in move giant leap, took off from the ground and landed safely on the one nearest to him. From up there he could see the forest around. The view was breath-taking as it showed the glorious time of the fall in what seemed a masterpiece. A subtle blend of red, orange and brown intertwining and mixing in a gentle progressing that swept the whole wood.

From the view itself, he could see more of the temple grounds. Many a dark hall protruded from the ground that lead into an unknown abyss. The place looked untouched for millennia and the presence of such a place gave some sort of holy aura. But in the midst of the sight something stirred in the shadows. That moving sound once more could be heard. From the depths emerged a figure of whom he could not pick details of due to the height Daiki stood at. However, this mystery unnerved him slightly as the warrior found his hands slowly moving to grip the handle of his katana.

Ziro emerged from the ground in the Ruins were he alllways came during the day. But today was different today there was a stranger in front of him. "Why are you here". As the unknowen man reached for his weapon Ziro qickly put his sword the the mans neck and said "Answer me NOW!

Astounded by the sheer speed of this now adversary, Daiki was taken by surprise as a cold blade hovered barely millimetres from his next. He looked deep into the man’s eyes seeing the raging flame of battle and saw no other alternative. Leaping backwards, the samurai took himself to a higher rock and observed his opponent. The man was unflinching; solely focused on fighting and so Daiki knew what would have to be done to slake the other’s bloodlust. His voice calm and clear, he shouted down to the man,

“What I have done to provoke such a aggressive response I do not know. But I can see the embers of war burning in your eyes and so I see no other choice than to battle you. It seems you wanted this but I would rather not have to taint the ground of such a place.” Daiki looked down, shaking his head in disappointment. Sorrow filled his eyes as he raised it once more to face his enemy, “So be it. I will bring you end swiftly.”

Drawing Graceful Fall from its sheath Daiki grasped it in both hands and adopted an offensive stance. The sword was held high above his head, ready to attack or defend. Behind the gentle warrior grew forth a cherry blossom, its branches quickly reaching bloom and radiating its natural beauty. Unseen to his opponent, power from the tree flowed into Daiki and through to his katana. Bringing the blade down heavily, the sound of clasping thunder roared and disturbed the forest. Ripping into existence from the tip of his weapon came a white arc of raw energy that tore at the air around it. Travelling with immense speed, the energy wave crashed at the poor man it was directed at.

Ziro was sent flying threw the air with the powerful winds that his opponent attacked him with. "So it's a fight you want then it's a fight you'll get" Ziro said in a calm voice. Ziro put his hands on the green grass and lifted himself up. Ziro took the sword from his back and stabed it into the ground and uttered Silently "Earth Drain" The groud began to shake around him and then a bright glow covered Ziro and it increased his speed and his strength. Ziro put both of his hands on the dark handle of the sword and pulled it out of the ground. He rushed at his opponent with his sword amind at his chest.....

Relentless gusts of wind swirled through the clearing, battering the ancient structure and all that stood in their path. The speeding arc of raging energy sunk heavy into one of the floating rocks were Ziro had once stood and shattered it to dust. Daiki was disappointed that he could not have brought the poor creatures end as soon as he had thought but it seemed that the being had more tricks about it. Staring down from the heavens he watched as his enemy picked himself up from the earth and performed actions he could not perceive. As the samurai took a more defensive stance, Ziro sped through the air once more at him.

With little time to act, as he was caught off-guard, Daiki did what he could to resemble a stance. The blade of his enemy was clear with its intent as the tip was lunged forward in an attempt to pierce his chest. With a swing of Graceful Fall, he knocked the blade skywards to protect his organs but the defence was not absolute. His cheek was touched by the cold kiss of metal as it barely drew blood. The shallow cut stung but was of little consequence.

Taking a step back, he found the comfort of the tree behind him. Although its power drained, its physical existence supported him as a he expected Ziro to attack again. Slipping round it, he dived off heading for another rock lower down that had hovered round the temple. As he fell through the air, two blossoms appeared on where he expected to fall. Even from this distance he could draw on their power as he began another attack. In one hand his sword, in the other empty, he started to call on the power. To his katana the saw raw energy as before, to his hand a ball of fire. Stroking the flames over his blade, he gripped it with two hands once more and swung it full force. With another roar of thunder, a speeding arc formed again but covered in a raging conflagration.

Ziro was still in the air the blad only cut his check and barly had any blood on it but it had to do. Ziro put the blad to his mouth and licked the blood from the sword. A glowing Red light covered Ziros body and when i disapperd Ziros face turned black and he had black feathery wings. Suddenly the day turned to night. "Well now I'm the demon of the Abyss and my power alows me to turn day to night and when its night My speed and strength increases even mo". But before he could finish he saw a fire blad coming after him. but with swiftness the Demon of the Abyss dodged it and landed on one of the floating rocks. He stood there laghing because he already sent a ball of dark power hurtling at his opponent at very fast speed.
    Last edited by draco; 06-17-2008 at 01:06 PM.

The second wave struck another stone removing it from its path. Still the arc soared forth and ripped through a portion of the temples wall. Rubble and debris flew in all directions as a huge cloud of dust rose, blanketing all in sight. In the midst of this, Daiki cursed the God’s for the misfortune they brought upon him. Such a tranquil place now partially lay in ruins due to his hand. But as the dust cloud started to settle, something felt amiss. A rustling of feathers followed by an eclipse of the sun. Day turned to night in seconds and all was dark.

“What foul magick is this? Are you a Demon?!” Yelled the samurai, a harsh tone to his once calm voice. “It matters not now. I have killed your kind before and this task shall be like the others!”

Still the musty cloud of ruin hung in the air around him as he readied his next attack. Preparing to move, the sound of crackling hummed sharply in the air around him. Not knowing its direction, Daiki jumped to his left hoping to avoid whatever it was. Again he thought the God’s had cursed him as a ball of energy, void of colour and element, hurled itself at him. Not a second to spare, he lashed out with his blade at the attack hoping to repel it. The attempt was futile. The energies from it surged against the katana and bolts whipped out at Daiki, lashing at armour and flesh. Minor cuts formed on his arms and body, opened and sealed by the burning magicks.

As the spell dispersed, the warrior found himself being flung back to the rock he was formerly on. The dust had settled and he could see Ziro once more. Black wings now dawned his body and Daiki cursed once more. Raising his hand, he called forth a Cherry Blossom to rip up from under Ziro to distract him. As the tree rapidly sprouted, the samurai jumped once more but for his tree. Landing perfectly within its branches, he drew its power forth once more and his body put it straight to use. Looking for the accursed demon, he followed it, bladed at the ready. With a graceful display of swordsmanship, he slashed with immense speed aiming for vital positions. His movements were all but blurred as his katana sought to draw fresh crimson.

The cloud of dust disappeared and Ziro started to fly when a a growing tree out of the ground caught his attention. The tree looked more like a bloosom with wight peatles and a yellow center. Just as he looked up he could seea dark blade, at least that what it looks like in the night Ziro started to fly up with great swiftness but he ws just a little slow and the blade cut the bottom of his anckle. The armor peirced and him bleeding. "You little peice of crap you accualy cut me I will now I will kill you". He put up his hand and after a few minutes a ball of energy started to grow and it kept growing until it was ten feet wide and ten feet tall. After that Ziro hurtled the ball at him with speed but not as fas as his last attack......