Thread: Morals and Ethics

HRH Albha Morals and Ethics Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Morals and Ethics

OOC: This is a private match between Hyzenthlay and myself

It was twilight now, soon it would be night and the conditions would be inappropriate. If that became the case then Gabrielle would not be able to receive the blessing on which she was so desperate to receive, without the blessing, she would be unable to live beyond her 33rd birthday.

Of course, there was plenty of time for her to achieve the right to receive the honourable blessings. However she needed to get it out of the way as soon as possible in order to be guaranteed an ideal life-span. Procrastination would be an unacceptable excuse when it came to her final judgement.

The setting was definitely scenic; it had been painted many times by great artists. In fact, it had been painted and reproduced so many times that it had begun being used by postal companies for stamps. Of course, if a great artist suddenly appeared to take the image and reproduce it upon a canvas, then he would be sorely disappointed when he was forcibly sent away. Though who could deny him such a great picturesque opportunity, wood lands, with a nearby lake and the view of a grand castle, where the windows where beginning to light up through the inhabitants.

Her plan had been to invite a young man or woman to this location so that she may take a sample of their blood, the quality of this blood and the type of person that this blood belonged to would be significant when it came to the judgement of whether she should receive the blessing or not. She had targeted an assassin for the role of blood donor, and had lured her using a polite yet firm letter that had remained anonymous and unspecific of what event the receiver would go through. Though it seemed as though the appearance of the assassin was never going to happen…

Gabrielle was very close to losing faith before suddenly she realised that another person was present in the woodlands, the person was close yet distant in aura. She could make out a female figure in the distance, though it was impossible to define her appearance. Still, she had finally arrived…
    Last edited by Aerif; 02-23-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Professional Klutz. Morals and Ethics Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Nkomis smiled shielding her head from a new and refreshing shower, the smell of a rich Yew sap filled the air. The sodden musk of the autumn leaves filled her nostrils with every breath and the grandeur of the forest floor filled her heart with happiness. The drplets fell to the earth and hit an oval around her head giving her a look that made it seem as if she were walking within a glass container.

The canopy of the forest dropped beautiful shades of red, yellows and a deep green to the floor. Nkomis had never felt so at peace, the place was certainly not what she had been expecting. She had fought in some wonderous places, but none had taken her breath away quite how this picturesque sight had. The wonder around every corner and the character in every tree made her mood lift with every step. Until, she had completely forgotten about the strange letter she had recieved from an unnamed host just hours before. It had summoned her here but right now she was too involved with the landscape to ponder on why. She felt herself tarrying to gaze at the wonderous sights but pushed herself forward towards a goal. One that she wasnt sure about yet.

Her hair glittered on the rays of the twilight sun, a golden hue on the horizon exaggerated her hairs tone and gave a flair of extra beauty to her face. The gentle shower stopped and, as she passed an old gnarled oak tree on her left, a giant lake sprang into view. He heart skipped as she watches short waves of ripples break the silky surface, then, her heart dropped. She felt somebody watching her and she knew the sensation, she'd grown keen to it's grasp.

She turned and glanced around, to her right a mighty castle stood it's wall illuminating the evening sky. She withdrew her Daito and took a few steps forward, though, warily. Then, ahead of her, she saw a girl. Fairly young. Nkomis made her way towards the figure to better grasp her appearance as, in this harsh and fading light, it was near impossible to identify her.

A gentle breeze blew making Nkomis' hair dance and sweep to the left and as she drew nearer to the woman she spoke,

"Did you send me the letter?"

She waited for a reply holding her katana in he left hand and running her right through her hair to flatten it and make it near again. She stared at the lady with wonder. Just exactly who could she be, what did she want with Nkomis so late into the day in teh middle of a forest. More importantly, however, was she here about silver?
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 02-22-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gabrielle was rather surprised to see that the letter she had sent had found its way to a woman the same age as her. What surprised her even more was that this woman was a few inches taller than her and for an assassin had a clear enough voice that showed no guilt.

Her aura was also interesting; normally someone of a murderous calibre would be surrounded in a black outline. This woman had no such thing, instead, a blue aura surrounded her and a deeper insight into her aura showed Gabrielle that this woman had deep ties with water. As though she had been born with the innate ability to control and bend water to her will.

“I did send the letter of which you spoke of. Though I was not expecting someone quite like you. Regardless, your unjustifiable sins mark you as an appropriate target.”

She took a few steps forward towards the assassin. The lighting conditions where getting no better though it was evident that the woman had realised that she was coming closer. Gabrielle spoke again,

“I am Gabrielle. Normally I wouldn’t make it my business to converse with one of another species. However I am making the sole exception here to make you further aware of your situation.”

The woman had already drawn her sword, the wind was seemingly blowing her hair around though Gabrielle couldn’t feel the wind, she had never been able to. Though it was only a distraction, she felt as though she was missing out.

Trying to put the weather out of her mind Gabrielle turned to face the castle, when she turned again to face the woman she was holding a shining sword, which reached to the same length as the other’s katana. As she held it her fingernails glittered through an unseen source of light.

Nkomis had heard the strangest of things, the woman stood before her had said "another species". She looked human through this girls eyes, how strange to think that she wasn't. Never-the-less the girl had brought out her weapon, which was another strange thing on its own. Her sword was as long as Nkomis' Daito and shone brightly through the darkness. Nkomis panicked and dropped her swords flinging her hands up to cover her eyes, instinctively she untied the orange fabric from her wrist and tied it around her head as a blindfold.

She was now fighting a battle blind. She withdrew her twin tanto and stood with one leg back planted firmly on the ground so that if the battle came forward she would not be forced to the ground. The then moved her arms, her right arm forward and her left to her side. She held her Tanto backwards for a defence which would be primarily slash-based.

"What do you know of sin" it was not a question, it was a statement. Nkomis felt pain tug at her heart.

After that she was ready, ready to talk this woman on and afterwards gain some answers. She moved her left arm in a sweeping motion at chest height so that if the blade connected it would leave a gash. She didnt expect it to, however, it was merely a decoy so that she could strike with her right hand. As the left arm was thrown she span the blade in her right hand so that it was the right way up and stabbed forward and down so that the blow may be able to hit the targets leg.

Blog Entries
    Gabrielle had definitely underestimated her opponent, for one she had not expected her to be ambidextrous, as it was a very rare occurrence in humans. She was also surprised at how confident she seemed with the blades, even with rather unnecessarily shielded eyes.

Though despite the skill that she displayed; the first attack that she launched was avoided by a small series of hurried backwards steps on Gabrielle’s part. However if her plan had been to distract the defendant with the main slash then it had worked, somehow the secondary weapon had managed to cut Gabrielle’s lower leg, a feat that could’ve been easily avoided had she taken another step backwards.

“Please let me reassure you that this has absolutely nothing to do with your heritage. Nor does it have anything to do with your sibling.”

Her wings fluttered slightly and seemed horribly audible in the open forest. However Gabrielle chose to ignore the folly of hiding her identity and instead continued to speak.

“I can of course give a rough estimate to what your thinking through you aura and facial expression. Though I can’t exactly read minds. The light from the sword is not designed to blind you or hinder your progress, it is a natural occurrence. It seems unfair to attempt to strike a blind-folded woman. So please, remove that blind-fold.”

She took the opportunity to focus herself on preparing a sphere of light energy, which would be burning to touch yet easy to look at.

“Also, you neglected to share your name. Or is that a privilege that I am not entitled to?”

Gabrielle waited until the opponent had replied before launching the light towards her, in hopes of it at least brushing against her.

(OoC: Sorry Aerif, I neglected this. I'm back now though. I'm afraid this is the most I can do until we get the pleasantries out of the way... Without it turning into an RP)

Nkomis was stunned by the personality of her opponent. She thought hard before answering both her statement and question in turn. She didn't want to give to much away. If the woman wasn't aware of her fear of light, why enlighten her?

"I'll remove this blindfold when the light is extinguished" she said in monotone, "and as for my name, why you need it is errelivant. I'm Nkomis."

Next it was question time, her attack had proved effective. Yet her opponent showed no anger, nor did she show any pain. She had also mentioned Kie.

"What do you know of my... 'sibling?'" She had chosen her words carefully, again. If the women were faking she wouldn't know his name.

"Tell me, what manner of being are you?"

For once she was intregued, enough so to talk beyond what she had for years. She lowered her weapons and awaited a response. A shield of water flew out from her being and surrounded her, if a blow were to come no blindfold would stop her from knowing.

Blog Entries
    Gabrielle sighed as she willingly let the blade fade to a dull glow, almost all of the light was gone from the sky and now the light from her blade had been extinguished. It was suspiciously dark and she was feeling uncomfortable in her surroundings, though if Nkomis had been watching her then the fear of the dark wouldn’t even have been apparent through facial expression or body language.

“I can tell through the many little signals that you’re giving out that you have a sibling that you show some concern for. All I can pick out is that he is almost your complete opposite, perhaps he can control lighning? Or fire?”

Her words seemed to effect Nkomis somehow, whether it was because what she had said was something completely far from the truth or whether it was exactly on the mark, she couldn’t tell.

“There, I’ve given you all you wanted Nkomis. However I’m afraid that I won’t divulge into any further details of myself. Therefore I give you a chance to give some offence against me.”

She rubbed her injured leg and adjusted herself so that she reached a combat position.

“Perhaps some motivation for you. I happen to know of a person who shares the name of the colour that you seem to be forever thinking of… Any clue?”

(OOC - Sorry about the delay, though I couldn't think of much to write without defending from an attack)

(OOC - I have no idea if you are interested anymore Aerif but I decided that, as I've returned and I'm really bored, I'd carry on. THis will be short, it will get longer if we get into combat)

Seeing the light fade to black Nkomis lowered her blindfold and grunted, this 'Gabrielle' seemed to know a little too much for her taste. The only explanation was that she worked for Silver, what other explanation could there possibly be? The shield of water that had acted as a defensive barrier was also dropped.

"Enough!" she yelled sternly.

She held her tanto once more in a low, defensive stance and looked into the eyes of her opponent. She had grown tired of idle banter, if that were all the woman was here for then why bring a sword? She wanted it to be over and new infomation on Silver or no, she had to find out how the girl knew so much.