Thread: Windows Vista

Windows Vista

Does annybody actually like it better then other windows systems? I hate it, I heard it was bad before so i figured I would never upgrade willingly. Of coarse later my brother spilled a drink on my laptop and I had to buy a new one. Sadly any microsoft computer or laptop you can buy now HAS to have Vista. I deeply regret not getting a mac or something now. Heres some reasons why I hate it:

-I need higher standards for games with Vista then I would before just to get them to work (explain that retardedness!)
    -It understands none of my old auto-install items like my USB mouse --> It comes with shit for drivers and helps you very liitle in finding them
    -It's like an all or nothing security crap asking you about EVERYTHING or nothing
    -Even simple things like opening word programs and shutting down still take just as long if not longer then XP.
    -It also made my computer cost more and there was NO option to not have it...

The worst thing is probably the drivers along with the increased stat requirements for any game. This makes it a big pain to try and use anything older then two years and play anything that my 4 year old XP computer had no problem with.

Theres gotta be people who still hate it right? Any problems I've overlooked? Is there anyone out there that actually think it was a big improvement for everyday life?
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Gingersnap Windows Vista OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Digital Community would know more about this than the General Chat community would. So I did a little moving around and here we are!

I have heard nothing but bad things about Vista, so I've never been interested in trying it for myself. One of my roommates had it last year and he always complained about it freezing up. He had a creepy Medusa looking desktop for a while, so I called her Vista.

I don't think it's the operating system for me.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Registered User Windows Vista winterborn86's Avatar
    My laptop had vista installed aswell, but i only had problems with downloading the adobe flash player (or something like that), It basically wouldn't let me do it and after researching why i weren't able to, an found a blog from people all on vista saying that they all had the same problem and that you needed to changing your internet from internt explorer to mozilla, but thats about it, even now i still dont understand it. but other than that I've got on well with vista.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Oh yea thats another thing thats wrong with mine Explorer dosn't work from the day I had my laptop. I have to use firefox, which isn't bad but when checking my email through msn It always trys explorer and I get an error message...

Oh and thanks for the move I wasn't sure where it should go gaming media,digital community or general chat but you are right people might know more about it here
    Last edited by Dan558; 08-02-2008 at 12:49 AM.

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

Registered User Windows Vista winterborn86's Avatar
    Your explorer didnt work either? thank god i didnt wanna put that incase i looked like an internet dope , i keep getting some weird box pooping up (don't remember what it said) and then it would log me off the internet straight away. I cant remember how i managed to fix that, i just followed some links through the help section, but i still had to change to the firefox one cos i just couldn't do anything with the original explorer.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

TFF's Token Imp Windows Vista Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate Vista with a passion. I have it but I'm really not a fan whatsoever. The problems with it are ridiculous, and I've soon grown fed up with it. And yes I've had the same problems with IE as mentioned by everyone.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

man the problems keep flooding back to me. Also for some reason I can't fullscrean a lot of things I get some stupid black and greyscrean spit diagonally with sound but no video...