View Poll Results: How do you spruce up the visuals on your computer? What do you use?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, maybe a wall paper here and there, but I'm generally contempt with the plain default.

10 26.32%
  • I regualrly change wallpapers and/or have simple visual themes, nothing drastic though.

20 52.63%
  • I use 3rd Party apps like Object Desktop that add both visual flair AND extra functionality.

4 10.53%
  • I use Third Party OS Shells for Windows

1 2.63%
  • I use Linux or MacOS (this topic is generally aimed at PCs but feel free to share)

3 7.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What makes your desktop shine?

Re: What makes your desktop shine?

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    My screen is glass but I never tried using that because it might damage the aluminum body >.< My dad uses it to clean old monitors (flat screen) that don't have glass protecting it and it doesn't seem to ruin it. I just use a wet lint free cloth that came with my computer to wipe mine off.

Also. I like my desktop with no icons too. The only icon I have is the hard drive icon which I could take off but I don't like having to open a Finder window just to right click my hard drive and see how much junk I have. Its just easier to right click it from my desktop.
    I didn't mean LITERALLY shine, dear, I was speaking figuratively. ^^

Anyway, figured I'd give an update after my original post over 2 years ago.

I now use Windows 7. I use a full version of Displayfusion to have full wallpaper spread across both of them.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I have it cycle through a folder full of mostly scenic wallpapers, but I also have VG based artwork from the amazing Orioto that I resized myself to look good as Dual Wallpapers.

Because of the superb functionality of the W7 toolbar, I really don't find a need for Object Dock anymore, and of course WinFX is now obsolete with the smooth w7 effects. just adding a couple widgets, and I've got a desktop that's lovely, functional, and doesn't eat up much resources.

Blog Entries

Re: What makes your desktop shine?

I don't do anything super fancy. I currently have three desktop icons - Recycle Bin, Firefox and Thunderbird. I change wallpapers whenever I feel like it, right now I've got Fang. I've actually been using this wallpaper for quite awhile, usually I change it up at least once a month. It's hard to compete with her for sheer awesomeness though. >_>

I like my desktop to be neat and clean, so I tend to have as few extras as possible. Some added functionality would be nice but the few things I would find useful I have as add-ons in Firefox anyways so it's only a click away.

It's not something I've experimented with much, for some reason. Just never thought of it before, I guess.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2