Thread: itunes Help Please

itunes Help Please

Who has an ipod and knows how to use itunes well?

I have a few questions, my itunes is all messed up and I need to know how to fix a few things.

1.) Why do some artist on my ipod only show up in "albums" or if I pick "songs" but not on the artist list ? how can I fix that? someone told me it's because the composer is unknown.

2.) Is there a way I can pick music from my brothers itunes and put them on my ipod, without having to delete all of my music first? I lost half of my music when I got my new laptop because some of it was from another itunes. It's already on "manually manage". We tried to the that new "home sharing" thing but it didn't work.

help would be great.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-15-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Lady Succubus itunes Help Please Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As far as I know from experience on my own ipod/itunes, each ipod can only sync with a single itunes. So no, you can't put music from your brother's itunes onto your own, unless you copy the music onto a disc or flash drive and make your own playlist on your own itunes.

Also, I'm not one to really care about the whole artist thing, so I can't really tell you. I mean, overall it doesn't change the quality of the song, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    As far as I know from experience on my own ipod/itunes, each ipod can only sync with a single itunes. So no, you can't put music from your brother's itunes onto your own, unless you copy the music onto a disc or flash drive and make your own playlist on your own itunes.

Also, I'm not one to really care about the whole artist thing, so I can't really tell you. I mean, overall it doesn't change the quality of the song, does it?
    Oh. okay, well that blows. Thank you anyway^^

no it doesn't really make a difference, I just find it easier too find what I'm looking for that way. I'll live.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

A Plain Old Derp itunes Help Please Padraic's Avatar
    the way to transfer music as sheena said onto a disk or flash drive etc... but if its purchased on Itunes just connect it to the other cpu and it should ask you... you must know both a) that you are connected to internet, and b) Your itunes username +password... only purchased items do this... if you download free of the internet and click file and then add file to library.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The best way to do it is as Sheena said and transfer the music via a CD or flash drive. There is something you can download, however, which allows you to share music from your iPod between computers. I don't know how it works - my mother discovered it when she got her new laptop, after I'd got mine and lost all my music. =|

As for the Artist/Music thing... if you go to Advanced, you can download the Artist Names/Album Artwork. I think you need an iTunes Store account though... *checks* and yes you need one.

If you don't have one, you can always do it manually. It takes a little time, but it works. If I can't be bothered to do it manually, I just make a new playlist for each artist anyway, and chuck all the music from all their albums inside it. This way, if I don't have the information, and I want to play music from just one artist, I can go to playlists, and woot! I have my home-made artist list.

I have the most organised iTunes ever. >>;;
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 10-18-2009 at 06:38 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    There is something you can download, however, which allows you to share music from your iPod between computers. I don't know how it works - my mother discovered it when she got her new laptop, after I'd got mine and lost all my music. =|
    That's most likely the "Home Sharing" I was talking about. We downloaded the upgraded itunes9 and the little home sharing tutorial popped up. We turned it on for both computers, (the other computer is a Mac) and then, just got lost after that.

The home sharing is the little logo with the house and music note on the left:
    Apple - Download music and more with iTunes. Play it all on iPod.

As for the Artist/Music thing... if you go to Advanced, you can download the Artist Names/Album Artwork. I think you need an iTunes Store account though... *checks* and yes you need one.
    I have an account, and when I had it search for composer it didn't do ****. Oh well, That doesn't mater too much anyway^^

ty! I'll just do the playlist thing if this "Home Sharing" doesn't work.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

TFFF Ghost itunes Help Please Howling Wind's Avatar

Re: itunes Help Please

I'm on a Macintosh so this might not work but. Are the artists named? Because If not you can click album tabs or whatever and right click on a album and click "Get info" on Macintosh. Not sure about Windows and type the artist name in the field and click OK. It will edit it for the whole album so you don't need to go through every single song on each album. I might have read it wrong but I hope I helped.

edit. just realized how old this thread is. My bad!
    Last edited by Howling Wind; 02-13-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: oops