Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: why do i have problem sleeping??

The Mad God why do i have problem sleeping?? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: why do i have problem sleeping??

Also, didn't think of this before, it may not even be helpful to anyone but me. But I seem to be alot more able to get relaxed and sleep when I'm cold. I usually sleep with nothing but a sheet, and like 3 fans aimed at me constantly.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Also, didn't think of this before, it may not even be helpful to anyone but me. But I seem to be alot more able to get relaxed and sleep when I'm cold. I usually sleep with nothing but a sheet, and like 3 fans aimed at me constantly.
    oh dont worry about me being warm...i live in a room thats the temperature of a basement, maybe just a little warmer, but i do turn on the heat but i dont feel it that much. its just me and my weird mind....

The real reason why the rum is gone why do i have problem sleeping?? Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

You could have what my ex boyfriend has... I can't remember the name of it and I've just been looking on Wikipedia for it But it's basically where your body clock is in front of your sleeping time, so say if you try to sleep at 10pm, your body clock could only let you sleep after 12. That means you wake up later too. It's something to do with a weird sleeping pattern. I just can't remember the abbreviation >__<

That sounds more like my situation. WHen I CAN sleep, it has to be like, at 1 or 2 AM, whicch is almost a bigger problem than not sleeping, because it means I'll wake up at like, noon.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

and the problem is i sleep at 1am or 2am and wake up at 8.

its not like someone woke me up, i woke by myself and usually people that sleep that late wake up in the middle of the day but that will never happen to me. i dont even have an alarm clock to keep track of what time i wake up. i just have my cellphone by my side to see what time i actually go to bed. and i'm only saying i'm going to bed and not actually falling asleep...
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 04-04-2010 at 09:21 PM.

I feel epic... why do i have problem sleeping?? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

People keep saying to think of a black void in your mind, but that never worked for me. -_-

For me, I usually fall right to sleep as soon as I get in the bed. If I wasn't worn out that day, I'm usually dead tired because I go to bed at about 2 AM.

But, there are plenty of times when that didn't work. Take the night before the first day of another year of school after a 3-month summer vacation. I simply could not sleep, at all. I was used to staying up so late, and I just couldn't get to sleep. That's why its important to choose earlier times to go to bed. It might not work at first, but the more you do it, the more your body adjusts to it, and prefers it.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

The oid thing never wors for me either. When I TRY to sleep, that's when I can't do it. I usually fall asleep thinking about random video game related crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    People keep saying to think of a black void in your mind, but that never worked for me. -_-

For me, I usually fall right to sleep as soon as I get in the bed. If I wasn't worn out that day, I'm usually dead tired because I go to bed at about 2 AM.

But, there are plenty of times when that didn't work. Take the night before the first day of another year of school after a 3-month summer vacation. I simply could not sleep, at all. I was used to staying up so late, and I just couldn't get to sleep. That's why its important to choose earlier times to go to bed. It might not work at first, but the more you do it, the more your body adjusts to it, and prefers it.
    thats kind of similar to my problem, and i'm not talking about summer vacation, i'm talking about the last day of the weekend, sunday. its just impossible for me getting to sleep on sunday nights.... i mean thats only one day for my time schedule to change a little bit....

Time to take control... why do i have problem sleeping?? Serah's Avatar

I had insomnia for abit and when I went to doctors who referred my to a shrink...
    They gave me a leaflet which said the problems can be that your doing to much activity in your bedroom.
    Basically you should try and spend less time in your bedroom watching TV and playing games and stuff so you eventually associate your room with sleeping and not alot else.
    You should also try deciding a time you want to go to sleep and for about an hour before you shouldn't do anything that engages your brain too much, avoid playing games or reading or anything that requires you to use your mind lol. If its really bad I would try even not watching TV for a time before you sleep.
    Obv avoid caffine after about 12.00 midday.
    I don't know if it will help you any but I know it got me out of mine and once you get yourself in a good sleeping routine you should be able to relax them abit :|
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

Well thinking of a void or nothingness is part of it ... but really it's about breathing. I really liked this one supposedly hypnosis cassette I had when I was younger. It had nothing to do with hypnosis at all LoL
    What it did was taught meditation and deep breathing

If you imagine any continuous wide open space (ocean, field of tall grass swaying, clouds floating, etc.) breathe slow and deep at a steady rate you'll be asleep before you know it.
    Should work unless you're cheating and still thinking random thoughts

Merrylennium:Neo-AnimeChains
    ~Even if the morrow is barren of promises
    Nothing shall forestall my return~

Quote Originally Posted by Marceil View Post
    Well thinking of a void or nothingness is part of it ... but really it's about breathing. I really liked this one supposedly hypnosis cassette I had when I was younger. It had nothing to do with hypnosis at all LoL
    What it did was taught meditation and deep breathing

If you imagine any continuous wide open space (ocean, field of tall grass swaying, clouds floating, etc.) breathe slow and deep at a steady rate you'll be asleep before you know it.
    Should work unless you're cheating and still thinking random thoughts
    i dont know about my breathing...i think my breathing is perfectly fine but i dont really pay attention to it. LOL. its not like i keep track of how many times i breathe in one second or something... i guess theres a lot of reasons that can cause my sleeping problem... and it could be a different reason everyday, its not a disease. more like i think too much in one night and the next night i sleep too late or sleep too early... although i still sleep late because of the fact that its impossible for me to sleep early, my sleeping problem is kind of settled. well, before i sleep, i play my DS. and it makes me tired after an hour or so then i fall asleep. thats how i do now... (not really sure if its a good idea...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2