Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TFF Royalty

The Quiet One TFF Royalty Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad to hear that your writer's block is gone. It will be good to have another member in the RP, so I look forward to seeing what you post. It's also good to see you back and posting in here. I had become a little worried that I would never see you again. But I'm glad that was not the case. Please make frequent visits to the club just keeping in touch.

And well Shadow's post is up now, so I'm going to start working on my Eris post now when I get back from work. It should hopefully be up by the evening if all goes well. I figure Merlin you'll be post on the weekend, unless that has changed with not having two jobs.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Magically Delicous TFF Royalty Merlin's Avatar
    I'm out of town at the moment on a business trip. I tried to post that last night but uh.. the forums were down again. Anywho, it'll be up this weekend at the latest. I am on my way back out the door again... O.o I just love last-minute surprises at work... uguu..

Lady Succubus TFF Royalty Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The forums were down because it was being switched to the new server. There was an announcement and everything. =P
    Even a message saying "Hi! The forums are down while it's being switched, be patient please! =D"

Have fun on your business trip, Merlin. =( Don't work yourself too hard.

Registered User TFF Royalty Lady Rika's Avatar
    I am so sorry I haven't been posting or anything, I have finally been allowed ot look at a computer now so I came in here to say that I am still dedicated to this club and I will be posting very frequently as soon as I get back from Nashville this Saturday. (thank god!)

Exspect the roleplay post then, sorry it's been delayed and the sad part is that its already written im just not allowed to use the computer right now (Evil stepmother!!!) so im using my sisters.

Blog Entries
    Well then, since you'll be back soon I look forward to normal activity from you. I also look forward to seeing your next post. As I said before just let us know when you are finished with your character being alone and we'll join up with you.

As for my post, I don't know if I'll have it up tonight or tomorrow. I'm shooting for either day, I just have things I'm doing that are distracting me. Namely, I'm trying to get started on my second episode for the weekend. And that is taking up some of my creative focus. But it'll be up soon I know, not going to waste time. Especially with things moving along again with the forums up.

Blog Entries
    After a lot of thinking and a bit of writing, I've made my final decision. I will be switching characters and may or may not continue with Kaida, but I will definitely be using my new one as my main either way.

Here is my new profile:

Name: Farore
    Nationality: Lothuan
    Magic Element: Wind
    Social Status: N/A (see Background)
    Weapons: None

Appearance: She looks much younger than her age, possibly a result of the magic in her blood. She is tall for a woman with pale blue eyes and long blond hair. She wears a white blouse and a blue skirt, both made of silk. There are rumors that she has great white wings, hidden from view by some unknown spell.

Background: Twenty years ago a human was touched by the power of magic for the first time. That person was Farore. In the chaos that followed the discovery of magic it was assumed she'd been killed, but that was a lie she started before fleeing to Lothua, to keep her people, the Pilners, from hunting her down.

The Lothuans, an honest and fair-minded people, took her in and granted her protection. When she heard of the madness, the torturing and slaying of mages or suspected mages, Farore decided to take action. With the promised aid of the kingdom and the blessing of the people, she established Haven, a small village and closely guarded secret. She helped many others like her, guiding them to safety, and slowly Haven grew. In return for this shelter, many mages voluntarily joined the Lothuan military, protecting the kingdom that rescued them from those first days of terror.

As time passed and the world started to accept the new changes, Haven, now nearly the size of a small city, also began to settle. Farore worked with the people she'd saved, helping them understand their gifts even as she learned to understand and accept her own.

Although these days much of her time is spent in Haven, Farore still travels through the lands of Rumnir, doing what she can to aid those in need.

Her magic has come to be called the divine wind among those who know her, a gentle homage and form of affection.

Yes, I borrowed the name.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    The forums were down because it was being switched to the new server. There was an announcement and everything. =P
    Even a message saying "Hi! The forums are down while it's being switched, be patient please! =D"
    That's not the message I saw when I came to TFF that day. The message I got was:
    Database Error: The database is corrupted and cannot be accessed.
    MySQL Error: Unable to connect to the database
    MySQL Error on line ......
    MySQL Error on line ......
    MySQL Error on line ..... "connection string = ...."

I loved the last one.. it told me how to connect to the database... if I was a hacker that is. The main page was even better. A clock overlooking a buttload of errors. That's all there was. So as you can see, no I had no idea what was going on... but I didn't even mention that I had a problem with it, just that I couldn't get on TFF again. I'm gone all day and when I get home its down all the time lately. LMAO.

Anyways, nice to see some faces coming back. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Ah ha! Wow. That's some error, eh? At least I didn't get that kind of error. But it's good to see you posting, and it's good to see DH back in the RP. It'll be very interesting.

Registered User TFF Royalty Lady Rika's Avatar
    Heh heh, tomorrow I shall be home and i'll be back to my frequent posts! Finally!
    Well as you were saying about my character Andromeda, how about after I post this next post tomorrow can some people meet up with me if they want.
    I plan to have somebody see Aubrey using his fire power and then the whole town goes into an uproar. So out of fear that they'll kill him like they did to his mother he's gonna flee.
    Since their's alot of mountians around where Aubrey lives (Cormenyr) I plan to have him be hiding in there somewhere...maybe you can meet up with him then?
    It's whatever you want to do ^_^

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there is Shadow and his two character poking around the mountains. I'd imagine that he could accidentally run into you while trying to find me. But I look forward to seeing your post up. And I'm sorry I didn't have a post up last night, but I went to sleep really early. I needed to sleep, so I should have the time to do it today sometime. Since I'm up earlier than normal. I have a couple things in mind for today, but I need to get the post done like I wanted. Though things changed from what I was going to do since Dragonheart showed up. So I have change my post, which did require more time as well.

Blog Entries
    Apologies, I didn't know you had it written up already. I wouldn't have posted if I knew. Thought it would be more distracting to be adding yet another character with a sideplot so I just figured it would be easier to start out in medias res. I can remove my post if you'd like.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about Dragonheart. As I said before being flexible is important and adaptive. Something can happen that will change everything and everyone else just needs to move with the flow and adjust. You did nothing wrong. I was just saying that is going to require a little more time because I have make changes that I was not expecting. Just means that I get face time with you rather than being alone longer. Nothing wrong with that.

Though I had thought it was going to be a little more difficult to get into Lothua being that they had a their kingdom locked to outsiders. But getting in with the leader of the underground does make that a whole lot easier for me. Depending on where things go I guess that Shadow with be with Rika and I will be with you. Changing dance partners while on the floor. Should be interesting indeed.

And no worries, I'd only be upset if something unreasonable or unrealistic in the world's physics happened. You did nothing wrong.

The Old Skool Warrior TFF Royalty LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I got an RPB going with Slim and next thing you know, apparently I have one with DH now as well. I'll use these as tests -- first, to stretch my creative muscles, and then to see how flexible my posting ability will be with my insane scheduling. If I find myself with enough time to post a handful of serious posts per week, I very well may jump into the RP that you've all been trying to get me to post in for so long now.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    You got two RPBs going at the same time. I guess that will definitely test you, since I know you are a very busy person. I hope it works out, since if it is does it improves the odds of you joining us. It would be nice to have a few more people in the RP, though we have five now once Lady Rika posts again being back from her vacation. So that will be good. It would be nice to make that number six.

I hope Merlin is doing well, he's been a little absent the late end of the week. I was hoping to see the next part in the tales of his characters and their tragedy.

And wow, you returned so fast with a reply Dragonheart. I was expecting a day or so to rest. But I guess that is not the case. I will see if I can't muster up something tonight. I've been working on my story again, so I've been doing something else. But there is still a few hours in the night before I need to sleep. I will see what I can come up with. It will probably be short though, but you probably expect that to happen. Let's see what happens with Farore and Eris. There is definitely going to be some friction between the two with differing views. Though Eris is still very innocent, so that is to be expected.

Blog Entries
    Well, I only wanted one. Apparently the other is some challenge for the Demonia club that I ended up being stuck in. Not that I mind, I suppose... I should have expected that and therefore belayed my invitation acceptance. My own fault for getting sucked into that one.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Blog Entries
    Well either way, you ended up in them. It'll be good practice anyway to get your creative juices moving again. How long as it been since you did any sort of roleplaying, battle or otherwise? I know you had the Travesty, but I don't know how long ago that was. You did work for the tournaments, but you have not really done any roleplaying in them.

I hope it helps you get back in the saddle.

Blog Entries
    It would be my luck, however, that my laptop charger suddenly chooses this of all nights to stop working. So... when my battery dies off, that's it. No more laptop for who knows how long. Yes, there's still the PC downstairs, but everyone else uses that and I'm not a fan of inconveniencing people.

I could bust out the old laptop, I suppose... I just have to dig it out of everything. >_<

I really hope this is just my charger deciding to quit on me. These batteries are $150 apiece. But... if it's the battery, it's not like I can't afford to replace it. I just don't much care for the idea of doing so, that's all.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I had similar issues with my laptop a couple years back. Fortunately, all it was the input for the charger was a little corroded I think it was and they fixed it up like new. I thought it was the charger itself because I was always wiggling it around to make it work. But at least it is working now, still got the old charger too. Laptop it like five years ago now almost.

Well if your laptop goes out on you and you are unable to make it or something. Just let us know that you are going to be a little hit or miss for a while until you get it fixed. I never know what happens to you when you disappear for long periods of time.

Hope that you can still write with the laptop giving out on you. And I'll be interested to hear what becomes of your RPBs to know if you join us.

I'm curious to see when Lady Rika will be posting as well. Though Shadow is busy writing another post for another RP, so he has time. Either, don't wait too long Rika. Ok ^^

Blog Entries
    I'm going by Best Buy a little later -- they have a 90W charger for my type of HP that's on sale for $50... fortunately, it's not like I can't return it if that's not the problem. I'm 99% sure that it's NOT the battery, so even though it's most likely a corroded DC port, I'm hoping it's the charger block and that a new unit will get me along my way.

Until then, it's not like I don't have alternatives... they're just alternatives with obnoxious keyboards.

edit:
    *heavy exhale*

We're good. The DC plug on the old charger was the problem, not the DC port on the laptop. Got a new charger and I'm good to go. Much relief. I also picked up a copy of The Producers (widescreen, naturally) while I was there.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    Well that is good to hear. I'm glad that it was not worse. You've already had bad luck with being so busy and TOA. It would have been terrible at your moment of your return to only fade away against your will because of something happening to your laptop.

And I see that you made a sub forum for that war that you are supervising. Hope it does not pull you away too much from other things.

I got my post up, short albeit, but it is up for you Dragonheart to reply to. I figure that the next post or two will be enough for us to finally move out. Once that happens, I don't know. I guess we will see what happens on the way back to Lothua.

Hopefully, Lady Rika will be posting soon, I'm seeing her posting around in the RP forum already. So she must be back and getting back up to full steam for writing. Hope that you have not spread yourself too thin Lady Rika. I know how it is to be in a lot of RPs. Well I did anyway, its been four years since I've been in more than a couple RPs.

Blog Entries
    And I see that you made a sub forum for that war that you are supervising. Hope it does not pull you away too much from other things.
    I'm pretty much going to let them be entirely self-sufficient after Friday. Once things get underway, that's it. My hands are off until the time runs up eight weeks later. So, while I will be distracted by it for the next couple of days, I'm pretty much home free to write as much as I want elsewhere until it's over.

Plus, I figure that little battleground section is probably a good thing to have around, just in case another war begins to brew between some other clubs in the future.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Well I was asked to send a link to what I thought was my best post but sadly the site didn't exist anymore. But luckily I kept a copy of all my posts within the site so I will post it here now.

The week had been quite pleasant for Zona since he started to stay in
    Hansaford. The people in the sit in restaurant were kind to him and
    offered him a discount for playing his playful melodies during the day
    and the Tavern was greatly pleased to find more customers staying when
    he played soft and relaxing music during the night. He had truly
    increased business for both of the stores and they repaid him with as
    much as they could afford. He was content with the discounts but they
    had always wanted to give him more then what he wanted, giving him
    free meals on some days and free nights in the tavern.

"Morning already," he asked himself as he rubbed his eyes gently and
    sat up slowly in his bed, the covers falling to his waist. "But it
    seemed as if I just went to bed"

He got up and looked around as if he were lost, in the daze of just
    waking up. He looked around and found his way to his clothes and began
    getting dressed. He gently slid on his shirt and trousers followed by
    his robe that hung over his sandals.

"Looks like it's going to be another long day," he smiled brightly,
    loving how each morning was filled with happy and melodious dances.

He loved how the crowd would stop, watch, and listen to his melodies
    as he danced around in between the two little buildings. He took the
    cloth and began to wrap it around his eyes and under his hair and
    started to walk out of his room. He was beginning to be known as the
    "Blind Dancer of Coshaban," and he could hear the excitement in
    people's voices as he danced with his two sticks. Today had been a
    little bit different though; something felt like something important
    was going to happen, something that he couldn't really grasp at the
    time as he stood at the doorway looking outside in a daze. He looked
    back over to the people at the counter and gave a soft smile.

"May your business prosper and make a lot of money," He smiled and
    bowed kindly to the people that would let him stay for pennies.

"And to you as well!" He yelled out with a cheerful smile and a loud
    roar. "The Blind Dancer of Coshaban will make our business prosper, I
    thank you."

"Thank you." He said softly and then walked out the door to his usual
    spot. Once again he got in his stance and began to twirl his sticks in
    long quick strikes cutting through the air and making his blades whistle
    in the air. He pivoted his right foot and leaped into the air and
    through his blades hard toward the ground before bending his back in a
    manner so they shot right back up. The melodies of his dance started
    to fill the streets of Coshaban. Even if you couldn't hear his blades
    his tunes were beginning to grow more popular with the people. And
    they sang softly certain segments of the musical lead as they walked
    through the streets.

Zona
    The Blind Dancer of Coshaban.

and if it was supposed to be within the site then I would have to say the first post in the link I will provide. http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52061

sorry if i wasn't supposed to do it like that, and I feel a little embarrassed coming to you guys asking to join this club. So please. Don't be too harsh but don't be to light either. I would like to better my writing and i know i could do that with you guys. but if i am just not cut out for it atm then I will understand.

Blog Entries
    I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I have completed my review. Bare in mind that when I said your best RP work, I meant the whole RP, not a single post. I cannot judge one's abilities from a single post as people change over time and a single post does not cover all of the aspects of writing.

If I was judging you solely on the first post of that RP and this one I probably would have declined you immediately. The post in the RP changed perspectives so many times it was jarring to keep track of them. It had me worried what the future posts that I would being reading would be like. Fortunately, I would say that first post was an ill regularity in your writing. However, it does concern me. And I do notice typos here and there. I can see that you were writing in the forum frequently.

When writing for a RP, it is best that you write in a word processor. It can be Word or Works, not notepad though. Something that has a spell checker. That way you can go through the post and see any typos that you made. You seem to have a good idea of writing description and not being wholly focused on the dialogue like so many people are.

I would say that the post you copied here is probably the better of anything in the RP you showed me. But I cannot simply go on just that single post alone. But you do pass the requirements for me to test you. I will set up a recruitment RP for you. If you recall the thread I made for Aerif it will be similar. It will be just you and me posting in the RP. I will test you and watch your posting to see if you are good enough.

I will PM you when I have the RP up for you to post in. Good Luck.

On to other matters. It seems that everyone has disappeared again suddenly. I guess I will have to be pulling out Wihnem again in the RP. I was expect Dragonheart to be posting soon. And I'm not sure where Merlin is. I thought had a post ready for us. And Lady Rika is much later than I thought she was going to be. I know that Shadow you were talking to her, so maybe find out what is going on. Things were going so well before.

Alright sorry again for only listing one post. I must of misunderstood. But yeah I am excited for the rp that you and I will share later once you have it up. Just send me a PM like you said when it is up and I'll be sure to check it. I normally do use the processors but I must of not on that post, which is very odd. Anyways thanks for the tips and I'll be watching out for them.

Yay I finally have internet access.. Stupid loser-ass service out here is for the birds, I swear. In any case, I posted the finale of the Jumin-Pilner saga in its entirety. Its two posts long, because I broke the damn char count(50,000).

That should hopefully tie up any mysteries about my characters and of course open up some new ones. My next post will be an actual interaction post, once someone else posts. ^_^ Enjoy..

Blog Entries
    Grr.... Alastora's one sick psycho bitch. I hate that whore.
    Though I've seen the stuff she's done in other things, so it's kind of cliche, but hey, it works and it's awesome. But I hate her! ><

And wow, my characters finally get a chance to interact with you, Merlin. XD
    Although.. I'm supposed to be interacting with Rika, but I haven't seen her online in days. >_>;;

So I'm wondering if I should just forget it and just warp to Lothua. >_>
    Though, that would be mean, so I'll just wait a little bit longer. Like.. tomorrow.

I really liked it, though.

Edit: I just realized by going back 2 pages, that Gwinnyn is dead. ...God damnit. >_>;
    There's going to be some major turmoil going on. Kisara's ready to warp Alastora to her doom if you want. I can't use OOC knowledge, but perhaps she can hear Sizuru/Tyrbane's story, ne? Along with Matsuri. >_>
    Last edited by Victoria; 08-19-2007 at 10:56 PM.

** Spoilers for those who haven't read my post(s)**

Gwinnyn isn't dead... she was writing Tyrbane the whole time, he just never got the letters because Sizuru and Alastora were intercepting them before they could get to him. On the other hand, she has become frail from being away from Tyrbane for so long. You've got to think about it: They were together for 6 years and all of a sudden they were ripped apart and had no contact for over a year. That's even worse than thinking someone is dead... because she simply didn't know what was going on.

Someone can actually interact with her at this point, since she is most likely under the care of someone else, laid up in a bed.

As for Alastora, I really didn't see anything overly cliche. Everything has been done by someone or somebody at some point in time. She isn't a cookie-cutter character by any means. I mean if you know of a story where a woman attempted to kill the guy she wanted because she couldn't get him, then when she couldn't kill him sent her competition to a far-off land so she could have him all to herself then was retarded enough to leave instead of taking advantage of the situation, came back a year later and acted like the whole thing was no big deal, then feel free to tell me... I can't think of it. I've seen bits and pieces from other things, but the picture as a whole, I have not.

On the other hand, Falaris was a deliberate cliche element, which should be blatently obvious to anyone who watches Claymore. It was a cameo appearance of someone I hated on the show who I felt like killing for fun. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Well needless to say it was an interesting post from you Merlin. And definitely did much to wrap up a lot of loose ends. It will be very interesting to see what happens with them in Lothua. Once Dragonheart posts again, we'll probably be on our way there as well. But I figure that in the meantime I will get a post of Wihnem down, since I should not leave him too unattended for long.

The only thing that I thought was a little strange was that Tyrbane seemed to be very accepting of Alastora at points. I'm pretty sure he called her silly at one point, but goes nearly to choking her the next. I just thought that he would always be angry with her and trying to kill her at the slightest word spoken. But Alastora is a lot more than you made her appear in the first couple posts. Not to mention a lot less sane than one would have thought.

Blog Entries
    Ahh.. okay. Well, if she's not dead, then that's fine. XD
    I just thought she would end up dead by the time he got there, because that would mean more drama, ^^;;

But whatever works. Though I have to disconnect the PC today for a while and clear out this room because someone is going to come fix the ceiling.

He was never understanding of her. She had been using him all of that time so he did it right back to her. The only way they were going to get off that mountain range alive was with the help of Alastora, so he simply played the game back on her. I mean, if he choked the shit out of her then, he'd kinda be screwed. Plus, he's not a cold-hearted bastard. His temper might flare at times, and he might hate her guts, but he's not the type of person to get revenge. He could have easily killed her several times, but he stopped himself. He wasn't going to sink to her level.

I guess I should have added that in to better explain it, but oh well. There ya go. ^_^

And yeah, I'm a sicko. I lead you on to think she was a sweet girl, but in reality, she's a few nuggets short of a happy meal. She has no clue what she wants in life. The moment she thinks she's finally starting to understand it, she's wrong. Somewhere in that screwed up heart of hers, there is a part of her that does in fact love Tyrbane. You just have to dig through ten tons of crap to get a glimpse of it.

Oh and Jay, if you want to try and kill her, have fun with it. The truly insane have a knack for not dying... and if they do, they take everyone else with them. Let's see... she blew herself up with the force of multiple atomic bombs and the bitch still won't die. WTF? She's like some annoying boss off of Naruto or Bleach. You finally manage to beat the shit out of them and they pop back up going "Oh.. I didn't think I'd have to use this, but you've made me angry!" [/pulls an exponential power boost out of his or her ass]

((No, she's not invincible by far. Someone with water abilities could put out those flames with a little effort. Either that or Ice. I still say Ice overpowers Fire, because if you melt it, you just ****ed yourself over. Now its water! ))

EDIT: And that was kinda a hint to Jay... I don't know if your character can teleport objects around her... but yeah... Teleporting a large body of water then electricuting it. That's just ****ing sick.
    Last edited by Merlin; 08-20-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast