Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: TFF Royalty

The Quiet One TFF Royalty Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That some dedication to be typing out a post with one hand. It is not carpal tunnel or something you think? I don't know exactly what it is, but I think it is something to do with the bones. It is from typing and using computers a lot with poor support. But I don't know about that, I'm on computer 24/7 almost these days and I doubt I have the best support. They say you should have your wrist elevated I think...

Well nonetheless, thanks for the update Merlin. I hope you feel better. Having pain in your hand is probably one of the worst places since it disables you more than you realize. Especially if it your writing hand and in the case of computers, half as slow. I hope it is nothing serious, a pull muscle or something would be the best news I guess. Hope it all goes well.

I'm currently working on my post as well. I am right now in debate where I want to make the cut off at this point. So I don't know if this will be a short post or a long post. But I should have it finished tomorrow I would figure. I need to keep myself from staying up till 4 am to finish writing, like I would be tempted to do. And then I would be getting 3 hours of sleep for work, which is not good. Especially right now when we have a big push to verify a ton of things in our game. /sigh
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Magically Delicous TFF Royalty Merlin's Avatar
    The doctors are dumbfounded as to why my wrist is hurting. They said since it isn't swollen that they wouldn't do an x-ray on it yet. It isn't Carpal Tunnel since I don't have any of the symptoms of that. Basically, I'm doped up for the next few days and if it doesn't get any better in a week I go back in for more thorough examinations. I got some free drugs so I guess it wasnt a complete waste of time...

Being the precautionist that I am with some things, I purchased a new desk. I've only had the other one since I started middle school. How long ago was that? Who knows! I have a writing/student desk which does wonders on your wrists... since my keyboard, etc is above a comfortable level. So that badboy is going to GoodWill and I will have a fancy new computer desk instead. If I had a camera, I'd take some pictures... (once I am capable of building the damn thing.. XD )
    Last edited by Merlin; 03-01-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    So this means that you are holding off on writing a post? Just wondering if I should expect one soon or not. If you are high on medicine, I would not expect you to be writing. However, I have no idea how much it will affect you.

Definitely worrisome that the doctors don't know what is wrong. I'm not sure which case would be worse broken or carpal, but if it is neither then that is a bit of good news. But I guess it is worse that they don't know what is wrong and it could be something worse than either of them. Maybe it is nerves or something a little deeper.

Hope they figure out what is wrong or at least that the hand get better.

I'm still working on my post, taking a little longer than I expected, but its the weekend today. So I should be able to say up and write as long as need be without worries of the following day. I just have to finished before Sunday, since that is my episode writing day.

Cetra and Lai, I have not heard much from either of your recently. I hope you are working on your posts. Since the RP is moving along.

Blog Entries
    Sorry! ^_^; I'm working on my post and hope to get it up tomorrow. I've ben sick with the Flu for the past week and a half. but I'm fine now! Some antibiotics and days spent in the bed and I'm back to normal. ^_^

I know that my first post was very vague, so I'm planning on making my next one a lot more detailed. And this time I'll make sure to triple check my post so that I know I said who she was and ect! ^_^

The Old Skool Warrior TFF Royalty LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Between Merlin and myself, it's like we have enough hospital visits to feed a small country. You know, if small countries ate hospitals.

I just haven't been feeling it at all lately. I can't write anything when my brain's all fogged up with drugs, and when it's not, I'm too miserable to actually get anything done. Et tú, Bruté? The world is a cruel and unforgiving place.

And I love it.

I just hate what it's doing to my writing. ;_;
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    The illness is going around the club or something. I hope you all feel better soon. I have not heard much from Merlin since he said that the doctors were stumped. I hope everything is alright with him. And you as well Loco and cetra.

I managed to finally finish my episode for The Inner Man so I can return my focus to other things again. I usually punish myself in the manner of not doing anything until I finish the episode, so that means everything else gets put on hold. So I need to resume my work on the new RP that I was working on like last month.

I have not heard any thing from Dragonheart about the races. And I don't know what sort of time I have this weekend, but hopefully I can make use of the time correctly. I was playing Rogue Galaxy last week, so that interrupted things. Though I also have two other big creative projects on my plate as well, so I keep myself far too busy for my own good.

And Shadow says that I left the RP post of mine in the club too open ended and vague, so I guess I will post more to make it easier for someone to step in. I just did not know who might want to step up, so I was not going to say, such and such walks by.

Andromeda approached the inner room of the court where most of those of Royal blood socialized and discussed the topics of the day. They also planned out agreements, treaties, wars and other things of state that she found dry at times. There were few of these matters that she had to deal with as simply being a marquise rather than being the Royalty that ran the country.

She entered the room to hear the soft sounds of chatter through the room. As she walked in a few of them stopped talking watching her movements, while others simply ignored her. She was not here to interrupt what was happening, merely to join in or just relax for the time. The day was still early and there was little going on today for her. She imagined that there was something happening outside the walls of the court, but it did not interest her at the time.

Andromeda found her seat at the head of the room, ID’s former chair. The chair was soft, stuff with feathers from some bird that she did not care to remember and a smooth cherry wood. The chair rested a little higher than the rest of the room on the small platform. She sat down in the chair, the throne for the court and waited to see what would become of the day.

Lady Succubus TFF Royalty Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much better. ^^

Now I have something to brainstorm about. Expect an edit tomorrow or something.

Brain cannot work well at night. Especially when I'm going to bed soon. >.>;

Blog Entries
    I am very sorry about the delay, I've been meaning to get my notes together but lately it seems like everything is going against me. We have so many family issues going on right now we could give a soap opera a run for its money. >.< It's just been one thing after another for the last few weeks with no end in sight. I'll see what I can pull together but I can't make any guarentees right now. My journal only covers the tip of the iceberg as far as what I'm dealing with, and all that is on top of increased hours at work and all the issues going on there as well.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Blog Entries
    I understand that things happen, it is simply good to know that something came up. I never get upset when someone has something in their life happen that calls them away. As long as I know something came up I know why your activity is lower. It is the people that don't show up for weeks on end or months without much of a reason that could not have give a lot sooner. Anyway, not going to rant on that any longer. I hope things get better in your household.

But I will be working on what I can to get the ball moving along on that the best I can. I do not remember how many people were interested in that. So I will need to know who was interested in joining that RP. I know that DH you were, I think Shadow was and Merlin, I don't remember if Loco was or the others.

I'm still in the recruitment thread for Aerif. She seems to be doing well enough. If you wish to go over and read it and give your own opinion that is fine. I'm not clear when I will make my decision, but it will probably be a few more posts at least.

I know we had another interested party Yunie, but I have not heard anymore from her. So I am guessing that she lost interest after finding out what you had to do to get in. *shrugs*

My arm... its healed! I think... anywho, its like 2AM so I think I am going to bed. Let me tell you... trying to type one-handed to do programming homework is a pain in the ass. Typing two-handed where every keystroke hurts like a bitch is just crazy. Typing two-handed drugged up to the point you can't legally drive anymore in a vain attempt to mask the pain so you can do your homework before its due in 1 hour... priceless! Oh well. At least that adventure is over. Now back to writing? Indeed! My hand might have been out of order, but my brain was still churning ideas. Am I rambling? Oh yeah.. I was going to bed...

Blog Entries
    I've been reading through the recruitment RP as new posts are added, actually. The excessive use of run-on sentences aside, I think Aerif's doing well so far. Granted, there hasn't been much besides talking going on. It would be nice to see some action. That's just my opinion, though.

~DragonHeart~

The Old Skool Warrior TFF Royalty LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd certainly have to agree with you there, and run-on sentences are easy enough to learn to change. A little more punctuation here and there is simple. It's the people who use too much punctuation that are harder to teach, because they, thinking that it's okay, seem to think punctuation makes everything, all things, make sense.

Ouch. Someone shoot me for doing that.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    No worries there, I will be bringing in the action in the next couple of posts. This was more getting a few things out of the way for development sake. I am testing different things as I am going along. And one of the things up next to manage will be the action. My character is more stable mentally and emotionally than most of my characters, so I don't get to play around there too much. But this is more about her, so we shall what she does.

For me, I would like to see more character development and insight. It has been very spotty and just a sentence here or there. I am hoping that as I push things forward more, that the character will be fleshed out further with dilemmas.

Blog Entries
    Ok, the club has been a little too dead. And I can't be double posting all of the time just to get the club to always be at the top. It would be helpful if some of you posted here as well. I have no idea what happened to Merlin. He was doing a pretty good job and keeping up to date.

But I still have not heard anything from Dragonheart recently. So I am just going to make things up on my own then for the new RP. My laptop broke on me a while back. Which was my absence and I have been getting back up to speed ever since. I finally back up to speed on things. Either way, I am going to hopefully start pushing things through since no one else seems to care.

File in and sound off.

We have a bunch of members and at least one of them should have been posting in here. So quit using the excuse you got a busy life and post in here. Because quite frankly that excuse doesn't hold any weight when you are posting else where in the forums. I even tried to provide you with entertainment in the club to keep you occupied.

Blog Entries
    Well.. let's see.

I haven't posted here because nobody else has. I hadn't even seen these new posts when they were initially posted either. I guess I missed them.

And.. I'm still trying to figure out all what to do in my next post in the RP, even though it's just you and me. The Fantasy Hour character is easy enough. It's the RL counterpart that is complicated and depth-necessary.

So until I figure out where I want the RL plot to go, I won't be able to make a post. Well. I could just post Fantasy Hour only, I guess.

And I still have to read your episodes from where I left off.

...I also think it's safe to say that people either have lost or are losing interest in the Royalty.

Either that or they lost the internet.

Here's my semi-daily(once every 3 days or so) activity on TFF
    1. Check the FFXI Accomplishment thread.
    2. Check the Clubs forum to see if anyone posted here.
    3. Check Andro's RP to see if its still dead.

After that, I either go to work or do homework/study/sleep. Feel free to check how often I post if you want... idc. Would you like me to resuscitate your RP from the grave? I can... that is, if anyone else is going to post. O.o

Blog Entries
    Yeah, as I said.. it's just Andro and I. So it's kind of sad if it's just him and me posting. Which brings me to ask...

Where -is- everybody? Lol.

Hell if I know where they are.. XD

Well as soon as I have a free moment in between working on a programming project due in a few days and studying systems of nonhomogenous linear differential equations w/ constant coefficients, I'll work on writing something up...

Blog Entries
    The problem is that everyone is waiting on everyone else. I told Shadow that same thing. If you are waiting to see if something happens, nothing is going to happen. You have to take that leap, that chance. I can only nag on the people I talk to. So that leaves me to nag on Shadow to post in the RP. I can't go and poke the others.

All I have been doing is keeping up on the recruitment RP with Aerif. Which I'm working on a post. I just had to finish up the previous writing engagement first. But I know Dragonheart and Psiko are around, they are posting in my tournament. So I don't know why they are not here.

I know Loco is around because he is running his own tournament, not to mention he is here everyday anyway as the admin. The problem I have is if you are looking, why are you not posting. And I am not talking about the RP. I am talking about the club. If you are checking on it, I'm glad. But I can't tell that you are. Sure I could look at the views, but that is just telling me someone else not who. For all I know every single member of the club is reading the posts. But I can't know that unless you post. Looking is nice and it is good that you keeping up on it, but that does prove to me that you still care enough about the club. All I can know is that you haven't posted in a month. I can't know that you are reading it daily because I don't have a way of checking that. Posting is the only source I have to know someone is here.

Blog Entries
    That is true. And I'm kind of reconsidering my character's RL profession, lol...
    Oh well. Just cause it's hard doesn't mean I have to give up. I'll keep on doing the detective plots and such. It'll be nice.

You can change your career... by forcing your character into a life-changing event... something that would push her to her breaking point. Of course, in detective work, they typically like investigating deaths, etc, so it might be a bit tougher. Actually, the easiest way to work with changing her career(besides a complete rewrite of your previous stuff) would be to have her assault a witness or tamper with crucial evidence... something that would have her instantly booted from her job, thrown into an investigation of her, and then possibly jailtime. Of course, if it is not of her own volition, then she would have the adverse effect and wish to find out who set her up, etc... loving her job even more.

Anywho, as you can see I watch to much detective stuff. Just throwing out some ideas if you are interested. I think the detective angle is pretty interesting, but there are ways out of it. XD Once I eat breakfast I am going to write, methinks.

Oh and Andro.. say no to negative reinforcement. It makes people not want to post.
    Instead of "So quit using the excuse you got a busy life and post in here. Because quite frankly that excuse doesn't hold any weight when you are posting else where in the forums." say "I know many of you have busy lives or perhaps in your activity on TFF you forget to check out the Clubs forum, but please try to make an effort to participate in the Royalty. If everyone waits on the others, nothing will be accomplished."

See? eh? Your post came off sounding like "wtf?!?!? get yer asses in here and post you lazy bastards!!!" Yeah... not very inviting. Oh well. I know you weren't trying to be an asshat, but you sure were crossing over to the dark side.. muahahaa.
    Last edited by Merlin; 04-15-2007 at 08:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong, I love detective stuff. It's just difficult to write about, seeing as I'm not the one who makes the plot or anything. So it's somewhat difficult to know who the bad guys are, where they are normally, or anything of that sort.

I need lots of research to be able to write her job and stuff.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know Merlin. I don't like yelling at people. I'm usually much more polite and understanding about it. It is just frustrating that people do not post in spite of being active elsewhere in the forums.

And Shadow everyone makes the plot as they go along. I'm not the sole owner of what happens in the RP. I pretty much cut all of that out of the RP after the revision. The only direction I gave it was a push towards some type of conflict. It is up to everyone add their own ideas as they write to create the story. That is how RPs in the past went and I'm trying to get out of the idea that one person has creative control over what happens.

Blog Entries
    Well, in that case, I have less pressure on me and can do whatever I want. XD

Blog Entries
    Yeah, pretty much. There is a direction the RP is going in, but it is up to all of us to decide how we reach it. I prefer not having to make everything up myself, because then its just my RP and everyone is along for the ride. I'd might as well just write a novel instead. *cough* Its a club RP, so everyone should be putting in input. Its why I have been trying to get people to help out in the creation of them. So they don't feel like they are supposed to follow me lead.

I don't know. I guess RPs changed since when I first joined. I've been always working under the idea that everyone had control over the plot and what happens. But I guess people's concept on that changed at some point. Probably with the introduction of the OoC Forum.

Anyway, I don't even know who the bad guys are right now Shadow. They haven't been created yet. Right now all I am thinking about is what is going to happen to my character next. I'm not thinking about the plot. I'm just going to make things up as I go along. If you create the bad guys that is fine, if Merlin does that is fine as well. We'll all be getting our hands in the plot anyway, so we'll be building on to them as we go along.

The only thing you have to do is keep things in the universe that is create and since the universe is pretty open. You can do almost anything you want to. You have an entire planet to play with that you live on, have fun with it. Drop it into a civil war if your heart feels like it.

Well you know what? I need to get my creative juices going again so I might just put in a post or two. Surprised? I hope so.

I have been peeking in on what's been going on so I'm up to date. I didn't miss much though.

Anyways I've got to head off to church...so I might have the post up later tonight or sometime this week.

So how are the people that are active?
    EBG

Blog Entries
    How are the people that are active? I don't know to what you are referring to. If you are talking about those in the RP, then the ones that are active in the RP is technically no one at the moment. It has been unmoved for like a month or so. I think Shadow and myself are the only ones that have posted more than one. There have only been 6 posts, so that is not a lot to really go on. Cetra and Lai have been absent for a while. So I don't know what is up with them.

Loco has been on the fence about joining the RP for a while. He has a lot of other things on his plate at the moment. I know that Dragonheart has said no and she is waiting on the other RP I am working on. I thought Psiko was going to be joining, but he seemed more interested in the other one as well. However, that was at least a month or two ago when he was last in here. So that might have all changed.

I know that Zell has not been here in forever and I'd probably be best at just removing him from the list. The only other member is Inferno and well I do even know if he still visits the forums. But he has not been here for a long time.

About the only people that are really part of the club at this point are Dragonheart, Merlin, Psiko, Shadow, Noah, Lai, Cetra, Loco and myself. I ran a check up on Lai and Cetra. Last time Lai was on the forums was ten days ago and the last time she posted was more than a month ago. Cetra is active, just not here as she had been on today and posts regularly in the RP forum as well as other locations.

So Cetra_Aeris post when you read this. I need to know where all of the members stand. Same goes for Lai, but I don't know when she will be back. Well the same goes for all of the members. Something has come up preventing you from posting in the RP and club and I need to know so I can plan accordingly.

All I need is just a check in and if something came in life let me know. I don't need details if you don't want to go into them. Just need to know that you still care about the place.

Blog Entries
    I'd post if I had something worthwhile to say. I don't at the moment and wanted to refrain from spamming up the club. With the current focus on the RP that's already started, I've nothing substantial to contribute. Instead of posting every month just to say I'm here when you know I'm around, I turned to other projects until something I can participate in comes up.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries
    You have to understand my position as well. Knowing you are around the forum just says that you could be ignoring the club. Saying nothing more than you don't have any comments at this moment is fine with me. I like to know the members are still around and posting is the only way I know that you are still here in this club. If you are posting and only reading I have no way of knowing that. If I had a way to see that every single member was reading and checking the new posts in the club this wouldn't be a problem at all. Unfortunately I have no means of doing that, you posting tells me that you are still reading.

I've said it before I just need to know you are still here. And besides, I did add the internal club RP to provide a reason to post. If you don't want to post saying that you nothing to say. Then post a paragraph of you walking around the Royalty court yard. I made it as a means to post without having to post spam. Sadly no one has made use of it. It is a wonderful tool to use to post and say I'm still here without directly saying it.

It doesn't have to be fancy or anything. It just something fun, silly, entertaining that is not meant to be taken very seriously at all. You made a character for it, might as well take her for a spin.

Blog Entries
    I loved the idea for the new RP and I'd gladly jump right in if that one was up, but I figured it was on the back burner with Divided Connections already running. I've mostly been waiting for updates on it. I'm quite upset that I lost so much of my character/race development for all my old projects and I'd have to come up with new ones (or try to recreate the old) from scratch. If you still wanted me to do that, anyways.

On a side note, you have great ideas for novels and I'd definitely read 'em if you got them published.

~DragonHeart~

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast