Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The TFF Council

Tsuna Feesh The TFF Council Fate's Avatar
    Well, if we enable the special ranks, there would be no need for those little Admin or Mod sign after their username, right?

And we have to remember not to be too greedy when asking for things, because Fuzz and the other Admins and Mods don't have all the time in the world.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Of course not x3 It's important to make it as easy as possible for the admins! It's easy to speculate... I should know from past experience. There is nothing worse than people throwing impossible things at you.
    But thats why we have this club - to talk it out. ^^

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

From what I am familiar with on forums, for something like that to have "Admin", "S Mod", and "Mod" next to their name is mainly just a part of this forum type, the hacks that are used on site. I doubt they will be able to get something like "CDM" next to a name mainly because Admin S mod and Mod are what these board types usually have.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    From what I am familiar with on forums, for something like that to have "Admin", "S Mod", and "Mod" next to their name is mainly just a part of this forum type, the hacks that are used on site. I doubt they will be able to get something like "CDM" next to a name mainly because Admin S mod and Mod are what these board types usually have.
    Ah well that clears that up! Thanks Loaf :3 To the ranking titles still lead as the most promising. We need to investigate further... I'll have a browse though some vB stuff sometime!

and ending the dream.

Okay, but now we have to come up with things that will affect the activity of this forum, and not just decorating it. Although, decorations could certainly help with the activity if there are people that love things enough to be active and buy them. But if we make the prices too high, there will be constant spamming to get them, right?

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Well Fate 'The TFF Council' covers many areas. It's where members discuss everything.
    Of course activity is the most important aspect of this club - and as mentioned from Sunday that is when we seriously delve into business.
    But as well as activity we discuss the other issues. I just feel it is unfair that the Chocobo Digest Staff do not get more recognition thus I wondered if it were possible in a simple manner if this would be rectified.
    The username additions are another thing that could be used - however I'm not sure what vB has to offer at the moment. Of course con would be possible spammers, but if the moderating staff keeps a sharp eye it should be okay? <3

and ending the dream.

How about if we can add some system that won't let people post if their posts are only one line in length? You know how often people post one liners, even in forums like Intellectual Discussion. But would that be possible? I mean, we managed to add a time limit, but is a length limit allowed?

Lady Succubus The TFF Council Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bad idea, Fate, as the tables can be stretched as far as your desktop resolution.
    So really, what consists of a one-liner?

And what kind of one-liner? There are good one-liners too you know.
    As long as a statement is fully thought out, it's fine.

Also, length limit = promotes fluff spam.

We've been down this road before.
    Last edited by Victoria; 06-17-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Do you care about TFF?

Of course I do! If I didn't, I wouldn't be here talking to you guys and plus I've stayed with TFF for four years, which is pretty long compared to the other forums I registered in.

Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?

Yes! This is a very good community. I would hate to see this forum die.

Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.

I would like to see TFF's activity improved with opportunities for members to get to know each other and do stuff together. It would be fun to have numerous contests around and see dead sections of the forum spring up to life.

I also like to see the RP/RPB improved and an awareness of the Chocobo Digest. C'mon people, you're missing out on awesome stuff!

Why do you want to be a part of this group?

This group is taking initiative and I like that. I feel there is a good chance that the club will make improvements for fellow members.

Welcome Azuteor! Good to have you here <3

Mistress Sheena, you don't know by any chance...
    Okay I'll start from the beginning. XD Good place huh? <_<
    You know when you click the 'Forum Leaders' link and you are shown all of the staff? Do you know if

a) it is doable
    and
    b) it can be done with reasonable ease

That the Chocobo Digest could have their own group? I remember an older vB board was able to - but the system may have changed! And I'm clueless

and ending the dream.

So, Laura, once we get an idea that we think might work, I suppose the next step would be to announce it to the Council so that we can see our members' opinions on it?

Yes indeed - and we could have a voting system. And once all votes are in we decide how to proceed and who to communicate with.
    But don't forget! Sunday is the big opening for activity discussions... If we're lucky we may get a couple more faces. And Fate, I may not be here for a bit after the 19th (as I don't have net in Dubai still...), so you're next in command. Is that okay? <3

and ending the dream.

Of course! I'll take care of it!

However, we are already starting to produce ideas quickly, and Sunday seems so distant. Maybe we could start the opening earlier, seeing as how if four days will net us a ton of ideas to handle?

Thanks, Kilala!

I don't think there is any need for extra titles on the little section above our avatar. We have lots of space in the signature area, so let's use that to our advantage. We can make pixel art pertaining to ranking titles and special titles and still keep the Final Fantasy theme. Anything else we need as far as customization, we can sprite as well. All we have to do with them is just stick it into our signatures!

@Kilala It is possible for the Chocobo Digest to have their own group. The only thing Andromeda, Meir, or any of the staff has to do is click on 'Create a New Group' on the Group page.

True point... I travel on the 19th... ah what the heck! Officially open now then xD Bring it! Bring the ideas <_<
    I want to make a review post... so my next one will be that.

Hmm... do you mean a Social Group Azuteor? I meant one on the official Forum Leaders page or something x3

and ending the dream.

Alright, you know how you've always wanted to have more forums, Laura? Maybe that's a major point? I mean, we have a fair amount of forums, but the only two that really get much activity are General Chat and the Humor / Word Games forum. Perhaps we should start a thread, asking people for their ideas and opinions on what sorts of threads they'll be interested in?

Inside current forums? Or for new forums?
    I was lurking on a another forum the other day (no I'm not being a traitor xD), and I thought of something this place kind of missed concerning RP's....

and ending the dream.

Shake it like a polaroid picture The TFF Council RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    First of all thank you and welcome to the TFF Council Silver! Another respected member joins the group which means - this is one step closer to being a success. No wait. It will be!

Now I saw you mention the username thing... Once upon a time I was a member of FFGON (may it R.i.P) and you were able to 'buy' things for your username. Like a glow or something... it was something vB offered... does anyone know if that's still available?
    It's a good idea as.. well.. to get gil to buy your customisation you must post. More posts = more activity etc. And glowing names... COOL O_O

As for the tiers... I'm thinking maybe it should go by how long the members have been here? That way no hard feelings etc.
    You could change your username and add glow and other fancy stuff with forum Gil in the old vBPlaza. But I thought Fuzz had already considered getting some of that stuff back. Some day. Though I don't know if vBCommerce and vBPlaza on one forum would work that well, but who knows.

I remember not really liking the whole actual vB RP thing. The ranks like we have 'em now are great and all, but I think there used to be a Thieving option, allowing people to attempt stealing money from other members. Was kind of useless really.

Here's the website of the vBCredits creators, if anyone is looking for some information on what is possible for vBulletin forums these days: http://www.vbcredits.com/.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-17-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Twilight's Enigma The TFF Council Sato Arashi's Avatar

Might as well join

Do you care about TFF?
    Well, does it take to account that I would be here if I didn't? Of course I do care about TFF

Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?
    Of course, no one can improve this site all alone now can they?

Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.
    Active members- Like most of us, more members, more activity, more wasting the summer for

Because I find it dull in TFF if nothing much is changing, and I'm willing to make change.

My Strange, Yet Awesome FF Family:
    Somewhat-Random, Obnoxious, And Really Funny Cousin, Ralz
    My Super Random and Adorable Sister, SilkAngel

Well, since Laura is not here as of the moment, I'll welcome you to the Council instead, Sato.

And Laura, you forgot to add something very important to the opening post of the Council: the rules. Since I'm in command whenever you're gone, I'll go ahead and make the rules up for you. But feel free to add some or remove some if you want to.

~~The TFF Council Rules~~

• Absolutely no spamming!
    • Respect others' thoughts and opinions.
    • No fighting and complaining amongst members.
    • Don't post idiotic, or otherwise useless, ideas.
    • Come up with possible, creative ideas.
    • Bring glory to our beloved forum!

Also, about this question:

Everyone seems to be cheating on this one question. Almost all of the signing up posts use activity for this one. Well, isn't that what this forum is intended to do? It's obvious, isn't it? Can we rephrase this question for any further sign ups? I think the question should be this:

Off the top of your head, name one idea that we could make so that the forum becomes more active.

See, that way, we're already testing peoples' activity from the moment they join.

Anyway, it's all up to you, Laura. And once you fix the rules, remember to include it in the introduction post so that everyone sees them. Thanks!

Okay, so time for a review of 'The TFF Council'. I promised this would be my next post so here she is!

Club established on June the 16th 2009. As of June the 18th we have now 15 members for our group.

Current and active members:

Kilala
    Fate
    Ralz
    Unknown Entity
    RagnaToad
    T.G Cid
    SilkAngel
    Mistress Sheena - Staff Member
    Meier Link
    IceColdPillow
    Silver
    Loaf
    Azuteor
    Dragoon
    Sato Arashi.

Welcome to all members, and thank you for wanting to be apart of The Final Fantasy Forums activity (and sexiness) promotion.

I would just like to collect ideas that members provided on their sign up so people can access them with ease on a single page.

Improvements / suggestions made by members at TFF:

Unknown Entity - Activity. I'm not sure how the council can address this one entirely, but it would be nice if joining the council could... promote better activity. The way I look at it, if members of the public/lurkers/non-members can see that this is a place the members love being at, they'll want to join and get a slice of the action too. Not that there is much action going on right now, but with more active members, who knows what could happen in the next few months!
    - Activities. Sounds like the above... except not. I thought it would be nice to get a few more activities up and running on here. I mean, we get the odd TOA, Banner Making Contests, and Tournament over in the Arcade, but I think more activities can be planned and made with some good planning. I've already got a few ideas for some forums here, and I guess it would be nice to express them in a place where I'm not required to make up a new thread or send out PMs asking for permission to start out something. Here is a good place to build on an idea as a group instead of only hearing one side of an argument if that makes any sence.

Fate - First off, let's have drawings! Well, if we don't already. Maybe each member can use their Gil to buy a ticket every month, and at the end of the month, there will be a raffle to determine the winner, who gets a prizes or different little prizes. This is monthly, so it should last a while.
    -And as for what I would like to happen to this forum, I'd say that, well, the activity for one. But that's why we even started this club, right? Sounds familiar to the first paragraph, doesn't it?

Ralz - Hmm... we definitely need more activities or events around here. Something to boost the status of this forum compared to others.

RagnaToad - For starters, I'd like to see the Word Games forum in another place. Not that it doesn't belong there, as a subforum of General Chat, but the updates of everyone playing those games make it so that I actually have to click on General Chat to see if there's a new post in there. But that's really a minor issue though.
    Another thing: Maybe some Mods in the FF VIII and FF IX forums. And Mods who are stricter when it coems to n00bs posting 1-line, meaningless posts. (Cf. the latest post in the Fast Food thread.)

T.G Cid - One thing that i would like to see improved is not only the number of events but the variety of them so we can do more then the eliminations XD. I believe things like this could also make users more active though its a very active site

SilkAngel - I would like to see more active members and a arcade where you don't need to have 100 posts to totally own people in there >.<

Mistress Sheena - The activity, as said before

IceColdPillow - Interaction between members,not too many people commit to the forum

Meier Link - Gaining more members and increasing activity are two things I would like to see (given). Also more social gatherings for older members to get to know newer members. Maybe set up something like an MSN night were we all get together and form a few chats.

Silver - Chilled out and cool members increasing or remaining constant to balance out any who might be causing undue strife and I wouldn't mind seeing some customisability options similar to those when I first joined like fancy text for your username and other crap like that which appeals to me aesthetically.

Loaf - RP section and RP section and maybe a shoutbox? :x

Azuteor - I would like to see TFF's activity improved with opportunities for members to get to know each other and do stuff together. It would be fun to have numerous contests around and see dead sections of the forum spring up to life.
    -I also like to see the RP/RPB improved and an awareness of the Chocobo Digest. C'mon people, you're missing out on awesome stuff!

Sato Arashi - Active members- Like most of us, more members, more activity, more wasting the summer for
    • Dragoon - one of my biggest concerns as well as activity is the astonishing rate that i see new members join and never appear through the forums, you know the little paragraph down the bottom that tells us who the most recent recruit is doesn't it ever concern you that lets say 60% of them are never seen through out the forum hmmm interested yet well that is my biggest concern. So maybe we need a incentive to keep the new members coming back for more and get then addicted as well.
      And if i may be so bold to say that its not entierly the fact that we need to increaes activity its that we need to spread the current activity around the rest of the forum.
      And of course recognition to what the helpful members do and of course for the Staff and Admin.

Those are the introductory suggestions - since membership other issues have been addressed.

• Recognition for the Chocobo Digest Staff. Also promotion of the Digest.
    • A tier system for the council members.

The recurrent theme is to promote activity - which is the primary reason for us being here and signing up.
    From my point of view I think there are a couple of ways we can make this happen without bothering the admins too much.

What we need to consider is more events at TFF. I believe there is an annual thing that occurs here? Members pool together and vote for awards. This is a fantastic idea. But is once a year long enough we ask ourselves.
    I was thinking perhaps we could have 'SEASONAL' events. They don't all have to be the same - they could be different.
    Another thing which gets people going is things like MotM polls. (Member of the Month.) As it's monthly it's not as special - so maybe it's not really as idea.
    We need to put our heads together and think of events for TFF. Events which can be sociable amongst other members etc...
    If we can make something special happen 4 times a year - then it would undoubtedly attract more attention.

Thank you RagnaToad for the link! I will be browsing though that as homework. When I find things I will post them here <3

And Fate, we don't want to be too strict on the introductory post. Some people can't come up with stuff as per so - so we want to give them some room. A council is about all discussing idea's contributed... but we'll see <3
    Excellent rules!
    Last edited by Kilala; 06-18-2009 at 04:59 AM.

and ending the dream.

Asking all the personal questions. The TFF Council RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    -salutes Fate- Reporting for duty sir.

No seriously although i all ready agreed to join it wouldn't be fair if everyone else posted and i didn't.

Do you care about TFF?

Yes i do care about TFF i love the place it is practically my second home, i love being here and never get enough but to tell you the truth i was never allowed to leave. And since it is my second home it needs to be looked after hence i care about it.

Well i do work great alone but i am able to socialize with other members to make this place spick and span, but seriously i am willing to 'put up' so to speak with some of the members to increase activity and increaes the rate of new memebers sticking around. Aww what the hell you all know i am friendly enough.

For the sake of MY answer Mr Fate i want to keep the question like this because one of my biggest concerns as well as activity is the astonishing rate that i see new members join and never appear through the forums, you know the little paragraph down the bottom that tells us who the most recent recruit is doesn't it ever concern you that lets say 60% of them are never seen through out the forum hmmm interested yet well that is my biggest concern. So maybe we need a incentive to keep the new members coming back for more and get then addicted as well.
    And if i may be so bold to say that its not entierly the fact that we need to increaes activity its that we need to spread the current activity around the rest of the forum.

And of course recognition to what the helpful members do and of course for the Staff and Admin.

I would like to be part of this group because Kilala forced me to be here woops that just blurted out then, no i am kidding she kindly asked me if i would like to be a part of this revolutionary club and my answer:- because i do you want to see changes around the forum and my answer to my first question also answers this question it is because i care about this forum that i want to become a part of this group to improve and revitalize one of the oldest Final Fanatsy forums around, come on guys lets not let this forum become cripple and ridden with arthritis remember 80 is the new 30.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Eh hem Dragoon ^~ Just Fate respect going on there eh?
    WELCOME *Huggles* I'm so glad you joined. I shall slip in your ideas into the big post as well. Power to the edit button <3

So anyway, welcome! The big stuff begins here.

::Edit:: And Fate - when I said when I'm gone I meant like for days xD Not hours ^~ When I have a leave of absence, I'll promote you to Leader etc... Or else it's just going to get crazy.. I've seen it happen before x.x *Sniffs*
    Last edited by Kilala; 06-18-2009 at 05:06 AM.

and ending the dream.

Asking all the personal questions. The TFF Council RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Arrr yeah um -salutes Kilala- reporting for duty Ma'am sorry commander i meant no disrespect haha.

Ok if i may kick off some questions etc.

Meier Link - Gaining more members and increasing activity are two things I would like to see (given). Also more social gatherings for older members to get to know newer members. Maybe set up something like an MSN night were we all get together and form a few chats.
    Yes i like this idea of schedule times of chatting via msn it would be a good way to get to know each other better and meet new/old members but it also takes you out the... lets say it takes you out of the levels the amount of post the titles the duration of members and strips us back to basics so new members for example can talk and get to know members such as yourself with out all the intimidatons etc.But we still have to remember the time zones i mean i have to stay on late at night sometimes to talk to some people and other Australians may feel the same, another time is during the day but of course i work during the week and even weekends are busy for me but it is a good idea.

RagnaToad - For starters, I'd like to see the Word Games forum in another place. Not that it doesn't belong there, as a subforum of General Chat, but the updates of everyone playing those games make it so that I actually have to click on General Chat to see if there's a new post in there. But that's really a minor issue though.
    Another thing: Maybe some Mods in the FF VIII and FF IX forums. And Mods who are stricter when it coems to n00bs posting 1-line, meaningless posts. (Cf. the latest post in the Fast Food thread.)
    More mods would be a welcome sight, i don't know how it works but maybe we need more members with authoritive roles to help the existing Mods and the Admin patrol the forum to prevent spam etc.

T.G Cid - One thing that i would like to see improved is not only the number of events but the variety of them so we can do more then the eliminations XD. I believe things like this could also make users more active though its a very active site
    On this topic i am thinking more competitions or more activities where we group up into teams of 2 or more to compete etc in these activities and maybe then we can say a older member with a newer member etc which will help the oldies and the newies blend.

I may be late and these topics may have already been dicussed but these are my contributions to those topics.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Haha Dragoon! Already a valuble asset of the team! And you're not late - we having started the true discussions as of late really. Don't worry.

- MSN meetings are a great idea suggested by Meier. But like you mention already... time zones. However, perhaps if there was a stickied/pinned thread with members contact details (because seriously, flicking through profiles sometimes is too time consuming..) in say GC more members may feel inclined to add and chill out that way. It's all about how you go about it.. and I think it's a cute idea.

- The mod thing I whole heartedly agree. Maybe this is OCD... but it would be nice to see a mod assigned to each forum instead of having it empty. I know we have Super Mods too but it gives the forum a better image. For example.. more mods implies more members and also more professional.
    The Final Fantasy forums are crying out for mods/mod. The blankness looks... well.. messy. XD
    Another thing I see alot is the versus threads. I think perhaps in each of the FF Forums there should be a general versus thread. And sticky it. That way any vs discussions go there instead of littering up the area with who would pwn who. The FFVII is full of them for starters.
    In FFX forum I'm sure some threads need to be redirect to X-2... In FFX forum similar threads both open (Dark Aeons)
    Okay, in FFX I found plenty of duplicates and no action was taken - a sign that a mod MUST be assigned there no?
    Favourite FFX Character:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...-fav-char.html
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...character.html
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...-you-like.html (Not sure about this one xD)
    Favourite Aeon:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...rite-aeon.html
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...-favorite.html
    Favourite Boss:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...rite-boss.html
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...rite-boss.html
    You get the idea by now. Thats just from me having a poke through. They're all open and shouldn't be.

- Events I think is really where we can have an impact. I mentioned earlier perhaps having seasonal BIG events. It may be worth thinking about. What needs to be done is for the members to all really have a go at it. Which is why we are here today.
    Last edited by Kilala; 06-18-2009 at 05:55 AM.

and ending the dream.

Like I have made mention to you in the past Kilala, we use to have art competitions. That could be a great thing to try to get back into. Might need to talk to Violet about this one.

Also on the topic of RPs; the TOA and TOH has been down and out since I came here. It would be nice to see them revived. Might also get some of the older RPers to actually partake if activity in those events pick back up.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kilala
    MSN meetings are a great idea suggested by Meier. But like you mention already... time zones. However, perhaps if there was a stickied/pinned thread with members contact details (because seriously, flicking through profiles sometimes is too time consuming..) in say GC more members may feel inclined to add and chill out that way. It's all about how you go about it.. and I think it's a cute idea.
    There is an existing thread where members trade MSN addresses, but it's been a while since someone posted. We could use that and have it stickied or create a new one where we can give information on our usual times. It's up to you.

MSN plz

We can also have a big brother/big sister program, where TFF members volunteer to take newer members under their wing. Again, there is an older thread just like that, which is called Adopt-A-Newbie Foundation.

AANF Adopter Registration
    AANF Adoptee Registration

I used to be an adopter under Suzu Kitamura. The program was lots of fun, but it soon died. We basically did everything as far as making sure they know how to behave around the forum and interact with other members.

New Member Welcome Thread with Forum Rules

This is a very important thread that newer members should look at since it has a simplified version of the forum rules. Newer members wouldn't have to go to the FAQ to read it and click through a bunch of links. Anything dealing with helping members out should be put in that thread.

Make sure to give them that link as well.

Nice post Azuteor!
    Thats extremely informative. Perhaps we request someone to sticky it? Only for members to be able to acknowledge it's existence. And it could be updated with one post of all the accumulated member addresses for easy access? Maybe I'll do that now xD I have time to spare I'm sure.
    The adoption thing was such a great idea. Sadly when I arrived it wasn't really active. However we could take it upon us to revive it. What are your thoughts?
    If you new members have someone to chat to and look after them it encourages them to return.. at least thats what I think
    And yes, that link is vital. Good work! *high five*

and ending the dream.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Do you care about TFF?
    I don't care for the forums as much as I used to, but when I was younger I had some really fun years here. I care about the forums in a way that says "I hope people have as much fun here and I did when I was younger."

I'm sure I might be able to think of some useful ideas for the boards. So sure, why not?

Improved member activity/making fun ideas that creates less member conflict.

To help think up ideas that might improve one of the above.

EDIT: I adopted Azuteor when he was still Suzu. *tear. They grow up so fast. ;_;
    Last edited by Chez Daja; 06-18-2009 at 08:13 AM.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Shake it like a polaroid picture The TFF Council RagnaToad's Avatar
    @ Kilala: Those MotM awards you speak of can actually be realised immediately. But I don't think it would be considered something that different from another Word Game by the Mods. Elimination (if you're going for that) would have to take place in the Word Games subforum anyway. Though we could just leave a thread open in General Chat from the start of each month till the end, and whichever member had the most nominations in that thread would be the next "current member of the month". Double posts would obviously be strictly prohibited.

And I have another serious preposition, which will be the thing I will focus on realising this year.

I think it is time for TFF to get The Annual TFF Pop Poll going. (Pop as in popularity.) Every year, every TFF member can fill out this survey about various things:

What was the best movie of 2009?
    Best band this year?
    Best new game?
    Best new book?
    Woman/Man of the year? (No forum members, obviously!)
    Best Politician of the year?
    Asshole of the year?
    etc. etc.

A lot of magazines and websites do it, and it is a great way to get to know what makes the members tick, apart from forum related stuff. Pop Polls always tend to attract people, just look at the Top 25-lists on movie or game websites. We could eventually ask Fuzz to make it an "official" TFF thing by actually announcing it and putting it up on the Home page.

I really want to see this become reality, and I wouldn't mind being responsible for it when it is. I would count all votes and stuff like that. I really believe this could be a great asset to TFF, promoting both the website and the forums.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-18-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast