Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The TFF Council

The TFF Council

The TFF Council

Welcome to the newest club idea for TFF – 16th June 2009.
    If you’ve made it this far you may very well be interested in begin a part of this small action group. The first issue in this thread we should address is:

What is the TFF Council?

The TFF Council has the idea of being a group to help promote the activity and forums of The Final Fantasy. There are two approaches in which we can take. One via us the mortal members – or via the Godly staff that run these forums. Obviously as you can appreciate we can’t make major changes alone, but the point of a Council is that we pull all our ideas together and try to make a difference. This meaning if we come up with some events or ideas we can pass them onto a member of staff etc…
    Here at the TFF Council Club we will discuss potential active thread ideas. Think of future events. Or maybe just come up with some forum suggestions.

Should YOU Be a Member Of This Group?

Do you love the community of the TFF forums? Do you want to see it succeed for many more years? Do you want to help make the forums grow? Do you want to make a difference? And most importantly… do you care about TFF?

~~The TFF Council Rules~~
    1. Absolutely no spamming!
    2. Respect others' thoughts and opinions.
    3. No fighting and complaining amongst members. Keep it friendly.
    4. Come up with possible, creative ideas.
    5. Bring glory to our beloved forum!

In order to apply you MUST have at least 50 posts to put in your application.

If you feel that you want to help out and be a part of this group answer the following questions:
    ((And please PM your applications to either myself or Mistress Sheena rather than post them .))

• Do you care about TFF?
    • Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?
    • What top five things do you think TFF can do/have to improve its activity?
    • Why do you want to be a part of this group?
    • Do you have previous forum experience?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to the start of this new group! ^^. *GLOMPS*
    Glomps aside though - this will be a serious group. It will require dedication, determination and a positive attitude. (I was trying to come up with another D... but all that sprung to mind was Domination but that seemed wrong ^~.)

Currents Members of The TFF Council:

Member List
    Kilala
    Unknown Entity
    RagnaToad
    Mistress Sheena - Staff Member
    Meier Link - Staff Member
    Silver
    Loaf
    Azuteor
    Dragoon
    Sato Arashi
    Chez Daja - Staff Member
    SOLDIER #819
    Flaming Ragnarok
    OceanEyes28 - Staff Member
    Treize
    Alpha Weapon
    Rocky
    Fish
    Spiral Architect
    Violet - Staff Member

* If your name is in red, you're in danger of being kicked out.
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-26-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to be a member Kilala! ^^

Do you care about TFF?
    Of course I do. This was the first forum I joined which wasn't like most of the other I joined, where people were bullied. Also, it's one of the most active forums I've had the pleasure of coming across. The relationships I have with some of the members are quite strong too, and I love meeting newer arrivals and watching them progress here.

That last sentence sounded like I was running some sort of social test... Damn it. ><

Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?
    Of course! This is afterall my favourite forum, and I'm prepared to help out as much as I can. =D

Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.

- Activity. I'm not sure how the council can address this one entirely, but it would be nice if joining the council could... promote better activity. The way I look at it, if members of the public/lurkers/non-members can see that this is a place the members love being at, they'll want to join and get a slice of the action too. Not that there is much action going on right now, but with more active members, who knows what could happen in the next few months!

- Activities. Sounds like the above... except not. I thought it would be nice to get a few more activities up and running on here. I mean, we get the odd TOA, Banner Making Contests, and Tournament over in the Arcade, but I think more activities can be planned and made with some good planning. I've already got a few ideas for some forums here, and I guess it would be nice to express them in a place where I'm not required to make up a new thread or send out PMs asking for permission to start out something. Here is a good place to build on an idea as a group instead of only hearing one side of an argument if that makes any sence.

Why do you want to be a part of this group?
    Because I love being at TFF. The last year and I bit I've been here have been great, and I have met some truely awesome people. I have made friendships on here that have once or twice been strongers than friendships I have had with people I know in the flesh. That sounds sad, but it's the absolute truth. I like to think I can trust most of the people on here too.

I'd also like to see myself on TFF in the many years to come. When something like this (no matter how big or small) comes into your life at such a level, it's hard to let go.

I'm going to run before I start to sound REALLY sad. ^^;;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Tsuna Feesh The TFF Council Fate's Avatar

Fate Answers

Aren't I an immediate member already? *shrugs* I'll answer it still, quickly before I have to leave.

* Do you care about TFF?
    Of course I do! And I care about my friends on it, too! That's why we started this whole club to maintain the activity and further improve it, in order to keep our friends here. That's the point of the club, isn't it? Besides, I'd be so bored if this forum didn't last anymore!

* Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?
    Yes, I am! Everybody keeps complaining with statements like, "Oh, this forum is so inactive nowadays. So I'm leaving, and I'm never gonna come back!" See, it's statements like that which discourage people from coming on, so in a hope to elimintate them all, I will agree to it.

* Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.
    Simple enough. here are my two ideas:

First off, let's have drawings! Well, if we don't already. Maybe each member can use their Gil to buy a ticket every month, and at the end of the month, there will be a raffle to determine the winner, who gets a prizes or different little prizes. This is monthly, so it should last a while.

And as for what I would like to happen to this forum, I'd say that, well, the activity for one. But that's why we even started this club, right? Sounds familiar to the first paragraph, doesn't it?

* Why do you want to be a part of this group?

For starters, I was one of the two people who asked for this club's existence, so you'd think it'd make sense that I want to join, right? Anyway, everybody knows me as that spammer who posts a lot, and I do that half because I want more people to be on. So, I'm a kid who loves more activity, and that's reason enough.

See you, everyone! And I'm sure we'll come up with great ideas together!

-Fate

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Thank you for signing up Entity :3!!! I'm very excited that you came. I know a couple of others who are interested and I'm sure that we'll see them here soon.
    Of course you were a default member Fate xP Ralz is too, but if he wants to fill in the questions and post them here that would be awesome too.

I'll update current members on the first post - if I make any errors give me a shout ^^.

and ending the dream.

I feel epic... The TFF Council Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

My Turn!

Well, seeing as I am among the founding members and suggested the word "council" to Kilala, I'll answer these questions myself!

Do you care about TFF?

Absolutely. I realize that before I left for awhile, there was nothing for me on this site, but coming back, I can see what I was missing all along. It really is a wonderful site.

Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?

Of course, in fact, for me, that's already started. Fate, Kilala, and I have come together with this council, and I feel with some help, we can accomplish much.

Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.

Hmm... we definitely need more activities or events around here. Something to boost the status of this forum compared to others.

Because I, like many others, want to see this site shine brighter than any other(likely impossible, but I'll still aim for that goal!)

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Shake it like a polaroid picture The TFF Council RagnaToad's Avatar
    Do you care about TFF?
    Yes, I do. It is one of if not thé best forum out there and we should keep it that way and perhaps improve it!

Would I post in this thread if I wasn't?

For starters, I'd like to see the Word Games forum in another place. Not that it doesn't belong there, as a subforum of General Chat, but the updates of everyone playing those games make it so that I actually have to click on General Chat to see if there's a new post in there. But that's really a minor issue though.
    Another thing: Maybe some Mods in the FF VIII and FF IX forums. And Mods who are stricter when it coems to n00bs posting 1-line, meaningless posts. (Cf. the latest post in the Fast Food thread.)

Because it is a great initiative. Plus I feel like I should be here, as a TFF veteran compared to you guys . Though my post count might suggest otherwise, I think I might be a great asset to the group. Or not. We'll see.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Don't bash it till you've tried it The TFF Council MILK's Avatar
    haha im newer but if you all are willing to have me ill answer the questions
    * Do you care about TFF?
    Yes! I just recently discovered it when i was letting the days go by playing old games and just wasting my summer away...It's brought me a lot of laughs already a friend or two and I GET TO TALK ABOUT MY FAVORITE GAMES
    * Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?
    Of course i want to! This forum has already brought a lot of fun to me in the days i have been using it and i want to return the favor. If you all dont mind i think i could help with a few of my opinions
    * Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.
    One thing that i would like to see improved is not only the number of events but the variety of them so we can do more then the eliminations XD. I believe things like this could also make users more active though its a very active site
    Mostly because i want to help make this site better if possible and to keep things interesting...It's amazingly fun already and i just dont want it to wear out....(Bonus: the name is cool haha)

My TFF Family

My annoying, random, and video game-addicted cousin Ralz

My gunslinging, chicken obsessed younger brother H.U.N.K

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ The TFF Council SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    * Do you care about TFF?

Mega yes! This site is home to many wonderful members who are great people, and we need to keep this place alive! Everyone here is so kind, what would happen to them if TFF got closed down, and they had to migrate to some other forum with rude people? *shudders*

Yeppers! I think that this is what TFF needs, a user created MOD group ^.^ ...I could be the supreme overlord of us....maybe....

I would like to see more active members and a arcade where you don't need to have 100 posts to totally own people in there >.<

I want to be a member because TFF is important to me, and I would hate to see everyone start to become inactive. We need to make this site the best it can be! ^.^ *sparkle*
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Welcome to 'The TFF Council'! It's good to see we are growing already.
    All of us not only have the common interest of Final Fantasy but also to keep TFF the success that it is... and if possible... even more so.

What I would really like is for a member of staff to drop by and perhaps be a member at some point. We may need someone we know is interested to drop by with authority and the ability to voice over our ideas to whoever needs to see them.

Beginning of the official meetings will start... Hmm.. preferably on Sunday the 21st of June.
    I don't know if you're interested but we could allocate members certain positions within the club? Up to you. <3

and ending the dream.

Lady Succubus The TFF Council Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm that person~
    *waves* Hello~

I'd like to join my sweetie Entity and join the Council.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Do you care about TFF?
    Yesh. If I didn't I wouldn't be here for 7 years. ^^

Yesh. It's already a good place, though, it just needs more activity than what it has right now.

Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved, or to happen with TFF.
    The activity, as said before.

Because my lovely lover is in it and because TFF needs to like totally reach its former glory~

I'm so excited a member of staff wants to join! Welcome Mistress Sheena ^___^ Thank you (and thank you Gemma x3) for joining! *Huggles*
    Soon enough we'll be swapping ideas to bring TFF back to speed. Where there is a will there is a way.

On a side note - if ever I'm not here for some reason (ie I know for a bit I will have no net), Fate or Ralz will be second in command.
    But I'll right up something official later.

and ending the dream.

Something smells shiesty... The TFF Council IceColdPillow's Avatar
    Do you care about TFF?- Absolutely! I have decided to make this my OFFICIAL forum from now on, i will quit my other forums :]
    Are you willing to group together with fellow members and attempt to make this a better place?- Yes, I will take a blood oath on that
    Off the top of your head, name one/two things you would like to see improved / or to happen with TFF.- Interaction between members,not too many people commit to the forum
    Why do you want to be a part of this group? To make TFF the greatest of all forums, we will unite and bring in millions of new members, so we can spread the legend that is, TFF!!:]

I'm no forum noob but know i am a mere TFF noob but i'll work my way up the ranks by showing complete devotion :] Hmmm, plus it seems we're all hellbent on Global forum domination anyhow so i fit in perfectly!
    Last edited by IceColdPillow; 06-17-2009 at 10:07 AM.
    How about I wash your mouth out with a revolver?....

Lets be best friends

Do you care about TFF?

Yes, it is my hobby. And I am passionate about it. I have made some good friends through here and this place is alot of fun. I have been coming here for a while now and try to visit every chance I can to see what new is going on.

I have in the past and I have no problem doing it again. I feel that I could be a real ass(et) to the team. I am open minded and do not mind sharing ideas with others.

Gaining more members and increasing activity are two things I would like to see (given). Also more social gatherings for older members to get to know newer members. Maybe set up something like an MSN night were we all get together and form a few chats.

I like this forum and want to help make it what it could be (used to be). That should be reason enough. But I like the idea of what is going to be attempted with the group and it gives the staff a new place to hear ideas from newer members that might not be able to make direct conversation with them.

On a side note, I am glad to see Sheena wants to join, that is always a good thing. Also shows that the staff is wanting to do everything they can also.

I am on the fence about positions / ranking. Maybe a 3 tier system might work. but to give other people special titles might be a detourant. Then again it could be fun also.

How do you propose that the positions be filled? Popular vote? First come, first serve?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

I was thinking something like a 3 tier system too... But maybe some 'special' positions for the older members.
    So rankings are up for discussion! But you must remember that all members here are equally as important.

There is no 'I' in team <3

I will say it again though - I like your tier system idea Meier... may be fairer.

Oh and... Thank you both for joining <3 This is really starting to pick up!

and ending the dream.

Something smells shiesty... The TFF Council IceColdPillow's Avatar
    humph, i think those original members deserve a special rank and the tier idea is good. I'll take any positon though :]
    How about I wash your mouth out with a revolver?....

Lets be best friends

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Do you care about TFF?

Sure do. There was a time when I was on pretty much every day, especially when I didn't work so much. It's the people (most of them), the general chilled out-ness and the quality of the moderating staff among other things that keep me here.

Well I ain't exactly Mr. Reliable in terms of activity, but yeah, just not a prominent position in the offchance I need to be gone for a bit here and there. I'll contribute in whatever way I can.

Chilled out and cool members increasing or remaining constant to balance out any who might be causing undue strife and I wouldn't mind seeing some customisability options similar to those when I first joined like fancy text for your username and other crap like that which appeals to me aesthetically.

Because I've heard BS about making TFF a better place before, but until now I haven't seen an initiative quite as well structured as this one. I feel it might actually go somewhere and I want to jump on for the ride. That and the current members all seem cool which means I want this thing to succeed.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Do you care about TFF?

Chilled out and cool members increasing or remaining constant to balance out any who might be causing undue strife and I wouldn't mind seeing some customisability options similar to those when I first joined like fancy text for your username and other crap like that which appeals to me aesthetically.

First of all thank you and welcome to the TFF Council Silver! Another respected member joins the group which means - this is one step closer to being a success. No wait. It will be!

Now I saw you mention the username thing... Once upon a time I was a member of FFGON (may it R.i.P) and you were able to 'buy' things for your username. Like a glow or something... it was something vB offered... does anyone know if that's still available?
    It's a good idea as.. well.. to get gil to buy your customisation you must post. More posts = more activity etc. And glowing names... COOL O_O

As for the tiers... I'm thinking maybe it should go by how long the members have been here? That way no hard feelings etc.

and ending the dream.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    Now I saw you mention the username thing... Once upon a time I was a member of FFGON (may it R.i.P) and you were able to 'buy' things for your username. Like a glow or something... it was something vB offered... does anyone know if that's still available?
    It's a good idea as.. well.. to get gil to buy your customisation you must post. More posts = more activity etc. And glowing names... COOL O_O
    ZING! That's what we had except I believe the new version of the vBstore doesn't support that anymore. Might be something else that does similar though, but I get the feeling it mightn't be so simple as some solutions might make some security holes or just make things less efficient which has been known to irk someone in the past.
    victoria aut mors

Ah I see... when I looked it up yesterday (W00tehs), vB board threads were dated 2002... I figured it had died out. But if there is something similar...
    I was thinking also... maybe a custom group (You know like mod, admin etc...)that select members could be put into. Like the V.i.P's of TFF. For veterns that everyone knows and loves... just typing that down now before I forget xD.
    Which brings me onto another matter... do the Chocobo Digest staff have their on special group? Like when you look up Forum Leaders or something you see them there.
    I say all this as there was once this kind of idea on a previous forum I was a part of.

and ending the dream.

I'd like to be apart of this.

* Do you care about TFF?
    Yes I do, I would hate to see this place die down like an old FF forums did that I was apart of.
    Yes I am, I barely talk to anyone on here anyways off the site except for maybe Sheena, which I talk to her maybe once every couple of weeks. I want to actually get to know more people on here more. And by coming up with some new ideas, or just be another person with an opinion on an idea.
    RP section and RP section and maybe a shoutbox? :x
    It looks like to me like the Viewpoint commitee from my work (I work at Best Buy), we come up with ideas for the store for everyone to get together and have fun being with their co workers. I like being a member of it so this sounds great.

Thank you for joining Loaf! It's good to see you here ^_^ *Bows*
    Added to the current list of members. We have 12 active members already. This is going to work <3

Remember all seriousness should proceed this Sunday. I say this so people can see this is actually serious.

Thank you

and ending the dream.

Which brings me onto another matter... do the Chocobo Digest staff have their on special group? Like when you look up Forum Leaders or something you see them there.
    Actually I can respond to this one directly, seeing I am part of the staff at the CDigest. No there is not a group dedicated to distinguishing members of the Digest. We do in fact have our own private subforum. But as for recognintion, there is none outside of what is posted around the forum.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Actually I can respond to this one directly, seeing I am part of the staff at the CDigest. No there is not a group dedicated to distinguishing members of the Digest. We do in fact have our own private subforum. But as for recognintion, there is none outside of what is posted around the forum.
    I find that a crying shame... if it was possible I'd love to see you guys get some recognition because what you do is such fun to read. Perhaps if we had a petition up for some form of recognition?

and ending the dream.

Maybe recognition can be achieved by adding more to our current user ranks. You see, as of right now, we have ranks as FF classes such as Mimes, Blue Mages, and Dragoons, but those show only how much a person posts. For example, instead of LocoColt04's class being a TFF God, we can replace it with a shiny one that clearly states "Head Administrator" instead. And the same for all the other Mods and Admins. Now for Meier's, no matter how many posts he gets, we can just make his say "Chocobo Digest Staff" always, until he achieves an even higher rank.

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

That's a good idea Fate. I for one favour this action. Is it possible however for the Admins to be able to enable this feature?
    I'm not sure as I've only ever admined invisionfree boards - and well vB is far more superior haha.

If the majority is in favour of Fates suggestions, what is the next step? We make announce it somewhere? Hold a petition publicly to get all the members opinions?

and ending the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Maybe recognition can be achieved by adding more to our current user ranks. You see, as of right now, we have ranks as FF classes such as Mimes, Blue Mages, and Dragoons, but those show only how much a person posts. For example, instead of LocoColt04's class being a TFF God, we can replace it with a shiny one that clearly states "Head Administrator" instead. And the same for all the other Mods and Admins. Now for Meier's, no matter how many posts he gets, we can just make his say "Chocobo Digest Staff" always, until he achieves an even higher rank.
    Then what would non forum staff members have as their user rank titles? Would it revert back to the class system or would it be something like "member". I think the still titles would be an easy mod, but as for the still titles for select members while everyone else is still rotating would be a serious hack to the forum coding. I might be wrong in this.

It is a good idea Fate throw in some more info on what you are exactly thinking of.

Kilala, we need to have a good presentation before going out with a petition or announcement of any sort. Have to have all of our ducks in a row, so to say.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 06-17-2009 at 12:29 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I meant for like all normal members to still have their normal ranks, but members who actually bother to do things that affect this forum should be more recognized in the way that any rank that proves so is unchangeable. So, "Chocobo Digest Staff" will stay that way from 0 posts to 65,553 posts.

I know, no worries Meier! I'm just thinking of how we can present our ideas in the future. So people can see we mean business etc. Just getting a bot over excited there... but it's a good thing really ^~

At least we have a foundation of something in the works.

::Edit:: That would probably require another sub group for the CD staff... but it could be possible. Food for thought for sure..

and ending the dream.

I think anyone who works in the CD should have that rank replace their FF rank, but some members might have two, such as Andromeda, who is both an S-Mod and a CD Staff. In that case, Super-Moderator would be higher, so Andromeda would get that, right?

I don't know if they can have multiple ranks though =/ But it's worth asking. But I was thinking...
    You know how the Admins have 'admin' next to their name...
    The moderators have 'mod' after their name...
    and the Super Moderators have 's.mod' after their names...
    Perhaps the Chocobo Digest staff could have something after their name. Like 'CDM'. Okay it's not clear - but it's still a form of recognition.
    And if a mod/smod/admin is a CD member, they would keep they're job title rank instead as it is higher I guess?

and ending the dream.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast