Thread: Spontaneous and randomness

Asking all the personal questions. Spontaneous and randomness RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Spontaneous and randomness

There is a bloke who works with me who wears different socks most of the time, mismatching socks, i asked him one day why he did that and he said that's the only random thing he has during the day as a teacher.
    Although i don't think he was serious i really think he just gets dressed in the dark and grabs two socks but it got me thinking nonetheless.

Do you live a life spontaneity and randomness, do you believe it is necessary or do you live your life by routine and doomed to be a drone like a colony of ants. Do you like to spice your life or do you go with the wind etc

Me personally i am heavily routine based that is my personality and i can't help it i am OCD and anal retentive lol I have to have my routine set in the morning and if something goes wrong or changes i go skits usually during the day at work its different but of a morning and night it is all routine.

I guess we are just a more complex colony of ants.

Please try to answer this seriously i don't want spam answers i do mean thisto be a serious thread.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User Spontaneous and randomness Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate not having routines, and it's kind of annoying, because my friends tend to get bored of the same thing and like doing new things, going to new places, meeting new people etc. Whereas I hate doing stuff like that, I'd rather settle into a regular routine and keep it that way, stay with familiar things.

However... I'm one of the most random chicks you'll ever meet, apparently. I can come out with the strangest things ever, and sometimes I'll go into a random story or something. That includes stories of Polar Ducks, Nuns, Candyland, a dude called Mooby... etc. Apparently some of the things I say are inappropriate, but I don't realise it at the time. Pretty funny later on when I think back and say "Did I really say that? Wow..." heh.

PS: I, too, wear odd socks. But that's just 'cause I can't be arsed to find a pair. And also, I will have you know that if the socks are:

a). Bought from the same shop
    b). Same colour
    or c). Similiar pattern (eg. stripes, spots, blah blah blah)

...Then I consider them as a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
    There is a bloke who works with me who wears different socks most of the time, mismatching socks, i asked him one day why he did that and he said that's the only random thing he has during the day as a teacher.
    Although i don't think he was serious i really think he just gets dressed in the dark and grabs two socks but it got me thinking nonetheless.
    I am guessing the later option here, but then again if the guy is so random and spontainious, why does he do it every day? This would set the preset for a routine, sure this is odd for most to see but if the guy does it every day then it looses it's appeal and then becomes a routine.

I find the use of the word random been misused in this intance seeing the mad has it in his day to day routine to wear odd socks. Then again I might not have all of the information and might be stating this too soon.

Do you live a life spontaneity and randomness, do you believe it is necessary or do you live your life by routine and doomed to be a drone like a colony of ants. Do you like to spice your life or do you go with the wind etc
    I beive to an extent that both are required, routines form structure while S and R (getting tired of typing them out already) are needed to keep things interesting.

Now I have a question for you (anyone), you claim to be spontanous and random all of the time, could you really be the polar opposite and have it set in a structure as to where it appears that you are spontanous and random.

Personally I think if you are trying to be spontanous and random then you are abosolutly not, both require no thinking involved if you set it up then it requires planning to some extent. In turn that makes it to where it is not spontanous or random.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Asking all the personal questions. Spontaneous and randomness RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    I am guessing the later option here, but then again if the guy is so random and spontainious, why does he do it every day? This would set the preset for a routine, sure this is odd for most to see but if the guy does it every day then it looses it's appeal and then becomes a routine.
    Yes and no, if like i said he just reached in and grabbed whatever two socks he first pulled out not purposefully trying to get two mismatching socks then no it would see itself as a routine because he doesn't set out to get mismatching socks every single day but it is just a luck of the draw, but only assuming this is what he does on the other hand yes it would be the start of a routine, although the socks are randomly picked it is done on a regular bases therefore it is a routine but it depends on whether it is seen as a routine for example i used to drive to work different ways, but i did it on a a regular bases but at irregular intervals through out out the week. month or year. I do not believe this was routine although i made the choi9ce ahead of time sometimes after i started driving it didn't depend on the mood i was in or the traffic i would just drive and then on whim i would go a different way at the traffic lights. I did this for a while but i wouldn't call it routine because i didn't say to my self i was going to change direction or it was about time i changed i just did it and went the same route for a bit and then a week later or maybe the next day i would change on my so called whim. So can you call that a routine because i did it for a prolonged period of time or spontaneous or random because i didn't plan when to do it or where to do it or for how long.

I find the use of the word random been misused in this intance seeing the mad has it in his day to day routine to wear odd socks. Then again I might not have all of the information and might be stating this too soon.
    Not really because he could pick the socks randomly, and you are only basing that on you assumption that he made it a routine to pick odd socks like my scenario he may chose when he picks or odd socks or even know when he picks odd socks hell he may not even have any matching pairs.

I beive to an extent that both are required, routines form structure while S and R (getting tired of typing them out already) are needed to keep things interesting.
    Yes but like you said if we were s&ring for prolonged periods of time could it be classed as a routine because we make it a habit to be so.
    Now I have a question for you (anyone), you claim to be spontanous and random all of the time, could you really be the polar opposite and have it set in a structure as to where it appears that you are spontanous and random.
    Therefore in fact it is then a routine to be S&R
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Dr. Prof. Failstrom Spontaneous and randomness Dr_Flea's Avatar
    I wouldn't say im Spontaneous....but im rather random.

Yes i wear odd socks but i only wear them to be different and stuff like that. i do somtimes go out of my way to wear odd sock which takes the spotaneous part of the equasion but most of the time it's gennerally just pure laziness to actually get a pair and lack of fashion scence

I also wear rather "Offensive" T-shirts to be different and weird (I have 48 offensive tshirts to date)

Im also random in the way of telling Weird ass storries or going off on random tangents in the middle of Conversations...also rather wiered and a tad random.

~Dr_Flea~

Registered User Spontaneous and randomness
    I tend to be more the type that has to have a routine and stick with it. Stuff like getting ready in the morning, how I do my job, and the way that I plan things in order to get stuff done. Honestly, I don't think I could really function without my daily planner. I have to know what I'm doing so I can get the most out of my day. I have to make lists of things that I need from the store. I have to be orderly when it comes to financial decisions, or I would be broke in very little time (but isn't that the case with most people?).

I am not saying that I HAVE to be on a routine at all times. I can have little outbursts of randomosity every so often (I say that randomosity is a real word, lol). I don't have a problem if my routine somehow doesn't go as planned. I don't have OCD, but I have a friend who has it, badly. She has to have everything in order or she really gets into a fit. For example, if she is working an uneven amount of tables (she works as a waitress, btw) she will give up one of her tables for her entire shift just because it affects her disorder. She is giving up potential tips and income in order to satisfy the needs of her disorder.

There are cases more severe than hers out in the world. Some people have "rituals" that they must complete or they are just a wreck. Things like touching certain objects in order to leave the house or performing/doing certain things so they can go about thier daily lives. I know that there's therapy options for the most extreme cases. I've always wondered if there was some sort of "cure" for these things, or if the individual just learns to accept/cope with thier disorder.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Gingersnap Spontaneous and randomness OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Day to day, I lean toward spontenaity/smelling roses, etc. I'm in touch with the inner child in that way. I take little tiny adventures. But with big life uh, adventures, I like routine and a big change will throw me off for a bit. I adapt easily enough (I'm young, after all), but I like to know what's coming when I can. If not, I accept that I will deal with what I need to deal with and fall back on day to day routine to keep me grounded.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Spontaneous and randomness Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I do live a life of Spontaneous, and Randomness around me. Not all the time, but sometimes I do. Sometimes its Funny, and at other times...Its just Creepy, and really Weird...LOL I don't remember the exact thing that happened, but yeah, you might get a Picture of what I mean...Idk...Anyway, Happy Posting Guys

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Crash Boom Bang Spontaneous and randomness Lily's Avatar
    I wear odd socks, but that's mostly because I get my hair off when I can't find a matching pair, Ive completely given up matching socks now, once they are dry, they go straight in the drawer and I will just wear the first 2 I grab. It's not like anyone can see them anyway, unless Im about the house with no shoes on, and my friends/family know me well enough and don't bat an eyelid anymore

I'm not too fond of routine, I tend to just go whereever life takes me. I can have my spontanous random moments when I'm out and about with my friends and I'l randomly burst into song - instead of talking Il sing the conversation instead. I just have too much energy and I have trouble expressing it so I'l release it by acting like an idiot

I am super organised with things like bills and all my letters though, reciepts everything, Ive got in a massive folder, and if I'm organising a night out or a trip somewhere Il write me a list of what I need, what I need to pay for/buy what I need to pack, ticking things off as I go

I think I go from one extreme to the other - especially as Im really scatty and forgetful...but that's where my lists come in handy....so long as I dont misplace said list

This ain't no place for no hero Spontaneous and randomness Tiffany's Avatar
    Reading about how many people (in this thread alone) wear mismatching/random socks doesn't make it seem so random anymore.

When I was in my early 20s I lived for being random/spontaneous. Last minute, drop of a hat activities, plans... you name it. On a whim when I was 19 I moved from my hometown to a huge city 3.5 hours south of it. Because I could. Being spontaneous is much easier when you don't have responsibilities or things to tie you down.

Now that I'm a mother, and "common law" married I can't just up and go. Well no, I could if I really wanted to... but my feelings/ties to my OH and my daughter are too strong and negate any sort of "Lets go!" mentality. I don't mind though! I spent my 20s doing what I wanted, when I wanted and have no regrets. Now that I'm in my 30s I feel okay with settling down and enjoying life with a more routine aspect.

Spontaneous in my life now is what I can get accomplished while my daughter takes a nap!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like routines. With my college timetable as it is, it's a little hard to settle into a routine if I'm honest (two days a week I have to be up at 6:30am, two about 9am, and the other three I don't have to be up at all ). I could try and settle into a routine of getting up at 8am every morning, but I know if I don't have to be up the next day, I'll take advantage of the evening.

So as much as I love routines, I can't settle into one unless I had a different routine for every day of the week - which destroys the object of a routine in my opinion. Of course, there are certain things I do everyday that are in a particular order, like making the first thing I do is making the bed, and last thing I do before I leave the house being me brushing my teeth. Everything else is purely made up depending on how I feel.

If I'm in the mood, I'll get of the bus a stop before mine to walk through the park on the way home. Or I could get off at my stop, and walk through the flats, or down by the school. Or I could wait for another bus to drop me around the corner right outside my block of flats. These decisions depend on my mood, the weather, how dark it is (**** you if you think I'm walking through the flats in the middle of winter when it's pitch black at 4/5pm) and if I have anyone with me at the time.

Apparently, I come out with the weirdest things ever too. My mind can be like a pinball machine sometimes.

Annnnd... I like to try new things.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 11-25-2009 at 01:57 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor Spontaneous and randomness Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    Do you live a life spontaneity and randomness,
    Defineately I was unaware that there was any other way to live you life...

do you believe it is necessary or do you live your life by routine and doomed to be a drone like a colony of ants.
    Routines are not for me, I live my life day by day doing whatever comes to me.. A routine would mess with my balance and inner peace...

Do you like to spice your life or do you go with the wind etc
    Oh I spice my life up with monthly sky diving. Me and a bunch of my buddies from boot camp go once a month it is amazing..You have to have adventure in your life or you will die with regret...

All seriousness I feel if you live your life by the book you will die with regret. So during your day do random stuff you normally wouldnt do, anything to give you a good memory or a chuckle when you are older. This is the main reason I live my life the way I do I will not die with regret's. I am in the marines therefore I will get to see different parts of the world. I fight MMA so I get to travel and fight people from different places. Adventure is what life is about you don't want to be a boring fuddy duddy...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries
    My job requires me to be as spontaneous as possible for the survival of my sanity. Sometimes things happen, and decisions must be made in a quick fashion, otherwise special needs kids can get upset and escalate the situation in a hurry. For example, what happens when you have to work with four kids with hardcore ADHD, the gym is being painted and it is raining outside? Sometimes you just gotta find a backpack thats several sizes too small, find a bunch of crayola markers, and pretend you are the Ghostbusters, running around and sucking up all the slimers while watching out for the Giant (invisible) Marshmellow Man.

Honestly, I've been a very reserved person that likes rigid patterns before starting to work. Now, I get bored with coloring in the lines so to speak. I love my job. Never a dull moment hanging out with kids. Everyone thinks that the kids need someone like me, when it couldn't be more opposite. They have helped save me from repetition. They have saved my life.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I tend to live by routine but every few days I realise how crappy it feels just doing the same old thing as everyone else. Thankfully I have the odd random spontaneous moment, especially when around friends, where I'll do or say something completely stupid and random.

Even if it's just waiting til everyone is quiet and then saying "Ooh my ****sy."

Fun For Hire Spontaneous and randomness FamousMortimer's Avatar
    I don't adhere to any schedule or routines. I like to play it fast and loose, because life can be so dull, and by the time it's over, you might just beat yourself up over the way that you lived it. However I am not here to preach the gospel of spontanaiety, nor to belittle those who live a more rigid lifestyle. I am here because I am bored, and isn't that what drives most of our behavior? Aside from time spent at work, your day is yours to live, however you choose to live it, so what do you do with that time? You fill it with entertainment. Well, it seems to me that even entertainment, when only had on a schedule, would get pretty old, pretty quick, so to me, it stands to reason that refraining from scheduling "fun" might keep the things you love a little more fresh. The say that one of the signs of depression is a loss of interest in activities. Isn't that one of those "chicken or the egg" kind of things? Maybe youre depressed, and therefor you've lost interest, OR MAYBE youre depressed BECAUSE youve lost interest. This is the very reason married people seem, in general to be less happy than single people. We single people maintain some level of variety, whereas those married folks are tied down to a routine. I guess, I just mean to say that even the best things in life lose their flavor if they are left only to be enjoyed at 3:15 PM EST every day of every month of every year of every decade until the day you die....
    Last edited by FamousMortimer; 01-05-2010 at 05:04 PM.