Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMA Lovers

Death Before Dishonor MMA Lovers Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: MMA Lovers

Quote Originally Posted by chrono View Post
    Yeah i have but mark my words Mir will try his luck on his feet first. I think Mir believes that he is more technical. I think frank will pepper him with some shots then go for the takedown.
    I don't think he will be able to get a takedown on a former division 1 wrestling champ. If he does go for a takedown he had better watch Carwin's counter. Cause he has KOed guys who have gone for the takedown.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 MMA Lovers chrono's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I don't think he will be able to get a takedown on a former division 1 wrestling champ. If he does go for a takedown he had better watch Carwin's counter. Cause he has KOed guys who have gone for the takedown.

Good point......I think that frank will execute the takedown during an exchange which is why i said he will try it out on the feet for a lil bit first.

Frank has turned into ubermir because of the shame he incurred with the second bout with Brock. He is a man on a mission and i think he is going to pull out a decisive victory. *giggles* i cant wait

We all know what is going to happen to hardy. I have not met one person yet who has hardy for this fight.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Blog Entries

We all know what is going to happen to hardy. I have not met one person yet who has hardy for this fight.
    I thought for a moment that Hardy had a chance. Then I saw his fight against Mike Swick. He struggled in that fight, and came close to losing. If he can't pull an easy win on Mike "one trick" Swick then how does he hope to beat GSP.

There are also rumors about a possible matchup between Rich Franklin, and Randy Couture. I hope it is true, because I really want to see Rich get his career back on track, and go for Lyoto's belt.

Speaking of Lyoto that brings up soemthing that has been messing with my mind. How the hell did Shogun get a fight againsr him in the first place. He lost his first fight to Forrest then beat Mark Coleman(who needs to f*cking retire), then beat chuck liddell who at the time was on a huge losing streak. I was unaware that you got a title fight after two wins. Same thing applies for Brock. How the f*ck did he get a title fight. he lost to Mir, then beat Heath Herring(who was at his alltime worst). Then he gets a title fight. WTF. I guess if you are popular enough you don't have to work hard..

Speaking of Lyoto that brings up soemthing that has been messing with my mind. How the hell did Shogun get a fight againsr him in the first place. He lost his first fight to Forrest then beat Mark Coleman(who needs to f*cking retire), then beat chuck liddell who at the time was on a huge losing streak. I was unaware that you got a title fight after two wins. Same thing applies for Brock. How the f*ck did he get a title fight. he lost to Mir, then beat Heath Herring(who was at his alltime worst). Then he gets a title fight. WTF. I guess if you are popular enough you don't have to work hard..
    Hahahahaahahahah i do not know....I guess since chuck is/was a big name guy they just gave it to him.

With brock that was clearly a business move.

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Blog Entries

With brock that was clearly a business move.

It was a business move, but it was f*cked up. When Borck got his title shot Shane Carwin already had 4 KO's in the UFC all in the 1st round. And none went past 2 minutes in the first rounds. Brock is a punkass, and doesn't deserve his belt. We disagree with who is gonna win between Mir and Carwin, but hopefully we both agree that whoever wins is gonna kill Brock.

It was a business move, but it was f*cked up. When Borck got his title shot Shane Carwin already had 4 KO's in the UFC all in the 1st round. And none went past 2 minutes in the first rounds. Brock is a punkass, and doesn't deserve his belt. We disagree with who is gonna win between Mir and Carwin, but hopefully we both agree that whoever wins is gonna kill Brock.

I agree, the mma forums were on fire when Brock got his title shot. I want to see Carwin and Brock go at it. I think that if carwin lands then brock is going to be laid out.

I think Mir has both those guys number.

Blog Entries

I think Mir has both those guys number.
    When it comes to BJJ yes he has them beat. But standup he has nothing. Brock destroyed him, and Carwin has destroyed everyone he has fought. I don't think, standing up that Frank has a chance against anyone.

When it comes to BJJ yes he has them beat. But standup he has nothing. Brock destroyed him, and Carwin has destroyed everyone he has fought. I don't think, standing up that Frank has a chance against anyone.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn Carwin *shakes fist*
    Last edited by chrono; 03-28-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Well then Chrono it appears that you're predictions were very wrong. Carwin quickly put Mir down. At almost 4 minutes in the 1st round. He whooped his ass.

Also GSP beat Hardy. It was a rather uneventful fight. GSP had 2 unsucessful submission attempts. A kimura, and an armbar that almost snapped his arm..

Well then Chrono it appears that you're predictions were very wrong. Carwin quickly put Mir down. At almost 4 minutes in the 1st round. He whooped his ass.

Also GSP beat Hardy. It was a rather uneventful fight. GSP had 2 unsucessful submission attempts. A kimura, and an armbar that almost snapped his arm..
    Yes...very wrong.

Palhares might have ended someones career that night. Heel hooks are nasty.

now it is almost time for fight night 21.....and strikeforce with Aoki and Melendez. I got Aoki and Gegard is going to be to much for king Mo.
    Last edited by chrono; 03-29-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes...very wrong.

Palhares might have ended someones career that night. Heel hooks are nasty.

now it is almost time for fight night 21.....and strikeforce with Aoki and Melendez. I got Aoki and Gegard is going to be to much for king Mo.
    god that heel hook pissed me off. He is suspended for 90 days then he gets to come back. His opponent may never fight again. He said he didn't feel him tap, 7 of his wins are by submission, he is also a life long praticioner of BJJ. You and I both know that you can feel someone tap. Plus what did he think the ref was doing when he tried to pull him off,,,Bullshit is what it is.

Fight Night. I got Gomi 2nd round KO, and then I got Stefan Struve 3rd round by submission. Ken Flo is a good fighter but Gomi is intense, and if he brings the same fire that he had in Pride then it is over. Roy Nelson isn't that great of a fighter. Struve is a beast when it comes to submitting guys, he is gonna break big belly nelson.

Same here. I never count out Aoki. He is a bad lil motherf*cker. And Gegard Mossasi is just an all around bad ass. King Mo has no idea what he is getting into.

TUF 11 premiere's Wednesday right after Fight Night 21. How about we all do our picks and we will see who wins. I pick the Aussie Kyle Noke. He is a bad little son of a bitch. One of the only men to beat George Sotiropoulus, aside from Aoki. He also used to be Steve Irwins bodyguard. He has a win of fellow cast member Kyacey Usacola. And if it one thing I have learnt in my time, never count out an Aussie they are bad ass people..

Ken Flo was hittin Gomi with that stiff jab all night.....gomi head was snapping back with every jab.

Ken Flo shoots get the takedown then slaps on a RNC for the win......damn gomi.....

Big country just nailed the skyscraper!!!! He just looks so out of shape though. The skyscraper will be back though he is still a young guy.

I watched a lil of TUF 11 but i was at a girlfriends(not romantic) house and her and her friends wanted to watch something else so i did not get to watch all of it(i dont have cable at the house).

Edit: I so want to give Palhares the benefit of the doubt but it is hard to....
    Last edited by chrono; 04-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Ken Flo was hittin Gomi with that stiff jab all night.....gomi head was snapping back with every jab.

Ken Flo shoots get the takedown then slaps on a RNC for the win......damn gomi.....

Big country just nailed the skyscraper!!!! He just looks so out of shape though. The skyscraper will be back though he is still a young guy.

I watched a lil of TUF 11 but i was at a girlfriends(not romantic) house and her and her friends wanted to watch something else so i did not get to watch all of it(i dont have cable at the house).

Edit: I so want to give Palhares the benefit of the doubt but it is hard to....
    Ken Flo was way to fast for Gomi. The few hits that Gomi did land were huge and damn near took Kenny out.

I hate Big Country so damn much. He pisses me off. I don't think he is that great of a fighter. He catches people. Anyone has a punchers chance in a fight.

TUF was pretty exciting. All the guys on there are damn good. They all have very impressive takedowns.

TUF was pretty exciting. All the guys on there are damn good. They all have very impressive takedowns.

The fights i did get to catch were pretty entertaining. Usually the trial fights at the beginning are a snooze fest but these guys came ready to bang.

That one guy who quit after the first round(forgot his name)....i think he was French....that guy needs to quit.

Here you are with a chance to fight for one of the largest orgs in the biz and you quit. I am not a tough guy by any means but i would have gave it my all. I would have fainted in that bitch from exhaustion before i just gave up.

Blog Entries

That one guy who quit after the first round(forgot his name)....i think he was French....that guy needs to quit.

His main thing was that he was gonna come in and show all americans that French people are not pussies. Well he quit after 1st round so what does that tell you.
    After he quit Dana said
    Well his main goal was to come and show us that the French aren't pussies. He quit. So ehhh. I'm not calling the French pussies but come one.

Did you check out "big dog" Almeida at 170 against Matt Brown? Big dog looked pretty good.

Nate Diaz put on a clinic against Rory Markham. Nate is one of my favorites and i think he looks better with the extra weight.

Almost time for UFC 112 invincible......

I got Maia by flying triangle!!!!! seriously though i do have Maia by some kind of miracle sub.

I got penn over edgar.....penn is god almighty at 155.

I got Renzo over matt hughes because i can not go against Renzo.

Edit: check out this gogo HL
    Last edited by chrono; 04-07-2010 at 09:01 AM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Figured I might apply, though my knowledge of proper competitive MMA is currently pretty much nonexistant. Saw a few fights on TV a while back and it actually wasn't too bad even if not up to seeing the more qestionably legal fighting live.

1. Do you train in any of these style's.

In MMA terms I'd be considered a 'Streetfighter'. No holds barred, I use whatever works and discard anything that doesn't.
    I'm mostly self-taught but have a few Judo moves and the like from Security courses and have done Shaolin Kung Fu in the past (no belts, master taught people moves at their own pace).

2. What is your favorite style of fighting.(ex: Muay Thai kickboxing, BJJ, and wrestling)

A freestyle fighter I saw in a local underground league's fights a while back. His moves strongly resembled Capoeira and he'd use them to both dodge and attack so well I would have hated to be the poor bastard getting thrashed by him.

3. What is your favorite MMA organization.(ex: UFC, Strike Force, WEC, Pancrase)

Don't have one yet unless you include proper underground fighting (that which doesn't make headlines) in which case I'm a big fan of Port Kembla's PKSF. I figure I'll pick up a fave professional one with some recommendations from this club and some viewing.

4. Who is your favorite fighter.

Don't have a professional one yet.

5. What was the first fight you ever saw.

No clue tbh. Saw the better part of it at my mate's place (I don't get cable).

And whether or not I get accepted, any chance some of you can reccomend me some of the better DVDs/Blu rays of past fights? Cheers.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

Ahh yes a new applicant. Of course you can join. Feel free to join in on whatever, or start a topic of something you know.

Did you catch episode two of TUF. My pick Kyle Noke fought the first fight. Caught him late in the 1st round and choked his ass out wit a triangle. I have learnt never count out a Austrailian MMA fighter. Noke, and Sotiroupoulus are two that I never count out. He is also very down to earth. He used to be security for Steve Irwin, and his fanily. When he was getting started that actually paid for him to train wit Greg Jackson. Real cool dude.

Did you catch episode two of TUF. My pick Kyle Noke fought the first fight. Caught him late in the 1st round and choked his ass out wit a triangle. I have learnt never count out a Austrailian MMA fighter. Noke, and Sotiroupoulus are two that I never count out. He is also very down to earth. He used to be security for Steve Irwin, and his fanily. When he was getting started that actually paid for him to train wit Greg Jackson. Real cool dude.
    I do not have cable but i will catch the rerun when i can. He sounds like a cool guy i will check him out.

Silver: I will find you some good videos of past events that i think you would really enjoy. Just give me a few days to compile the list.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I look forwards to those videos...

New topic, eh?
    Well anyone into underground local events?
    They've always been my favourite due to most of them basically having no rules bar what counts as a win. Haven't participated myself in a while, but that's mostly as I have a well paying job and would rather not screw myself up at this point in time. I've noticed with MMA as a sport getting more popular here some of the underground fighters are sporting MMA gloves and clothing even though locally there are no clothing requirements (hell my signature thing was flexible trousers or denim shorts [it was a sad day when I split the crotch of that pair] with either a hawaiian shirt or leather jacket and bike gloves).

I think most are questionably legal as they seem to operate on the outside, though most places the last few years have waivers and the like to cover their asses legally if there ever is a crackdown on them.

Oh and I remember going to some fights at Redfern one time at the advice of a mate who moved up there. No paperwork whatsoever and it was brutal as hell. Even had knife fights, though I've never personally been game to try that shit outside of a self defence scenario. Nevertheless it was interesting to watch and I think half of them must have been on drugs or just super psyched up watching what they could take.

I think the reason I find the idea of MMA so appealing of late was being involved with those types of events in the past, maybe kinda like a grassroots thing. There's just something so much more interesting about watching everything a fighter can do as opposed to specific movesets with a ton of regulations. Never got into Wrestling because of it...
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

Had my pro fight finally. Winner by 2nd round submission VIA Gogoplata. I plan to give Aoki a run for his money. jk. My trainer is trying to schedule me a fight with Robert Drysdale. F*ck that. I don't wanna get a bone snapped by his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Well anyone into underground local events?
    Hell yea. I run our local underground fight scene. It is very organized. We have some rules. But they are ones absolutely necessary. It is called the WWFL(West Wood Fight League). We have fights every other Saturday night. You come put up $40 a fight. Winner takes all. Sometimes were do tournaments. $100 a person. Winner gets all of it.

I've noticed with MMA as a sport getting more popular here some of the underground fighters are sporting MMA gloves and clothing even though locally there are no clothing requirements (hell my signature thing was flexible trousers or denim shorts [it was a sad day when I split the crotch of that pair] with either a hawaiian shirt or leather jacket and bike gloves).
    The only clothing requirement we have is no shoes, and no blue jean pants. Other than that you are good. Shoes wouldn't be a problem, but we are throwing head kicks and shit. And we already gave some guy brain damage cause he got kicked by a guy wit shoes on.

As for myself I am always wearing fight trunks. Shit I am sponsored by RVCA so why not.

I think most are questionably legal as they seem to operate on the outside, though most places the last few years have waivers and the like to cover their asses legally if there ever is a crackdown on them.
    Hell yea wavers are essentially for things like that. We make every fighter sign one before a fight.

I think the reason I find the idea of MMA so appealing of late was being involved with those types of events in the past, maybe kinda like a grassroots thing. There's just something so much more interesting about watching everything a fighter can do as opposed to specific movesets with a ton of regulations. Never got into Wrestling because of it...
    Do BJJ has opened up a world of movements, and techniques that I never knew I could do.

On a side note. UFC 112 was awful. I am a little happy that B.J. Penn lost his title to Frankie Edgar, but the Silva V Maia was awful. After the fight Dana stood up, and apoligized to the fans for the fight. Hughes V Gracie turned out how expected Hughes by TKO. Call him the Gracie Hunter now. Give him Royler, and Rolles and call it a done deal..

Sorry guys for not responding quicker my computer is F%&ked up for the time being.

Silver: check this out Budovideos.com - Best of Pride Book & DVD Set

Josh: Drysdale huh......If you have excellent TD defense and excellent sub defense then shoot for it.....on the other hand that is Robert Drysdale...he competes with guys like Roger gracie & Jacare. But if you were to win...sweet jesus that would be like superstardom. ................................................do nt do it(not yet anyway).

Aoki vs Melendez tonight Baby!!!! Aoki by flying gogoplata. Hendo by massive right hand. Gegard by some type of unorthodox ass whooping.

Blog Entries

Josh: Drysdale huh......If you have excellent TD defense and excellent sub defense then shoot for it.....on the other hand that is Robert Drysdale...he competes with guys like Roger gracie & Jacare. But if you were to win...sweet jesus that would be like superstardom. ................................................do nt do it(not yet anyway).

Aoki vs Melendez tonight Baby!!!! Aoki by flying gogoplata. Hendo by massive right hand. Gegard by some type of unorthodox ass whooping.
    I have no intention of fighting Drysdale at this time. Maybe sometime in the future I might, but not now.

Chrono it seems as if all of your predictions were wrong.

Shields Via Unanimous Decision
    King Mo Decision
    Melendez Decision

Did you happen to see the brawl at the end. It was awesome. Mayhem got jumped...

I have no intention of fighting Drysdale at this time. Maybe sometime in the future I might, but not now.

Chrono it seems as if all of your predictions were wrong.

Shields Via Unanimous Decision
    King Mo Decision
    Melendez Decision

Did you happen to see the brawl at the end. It was awesome. Mayhem got jumped...

You are right...all wrong....I am still waiting for the universe to implode. There is suppose to be a rematch in japan(aoki fight)....i still got aoki. I really did not expect king mo and jake shields to win. Glad i have not been betting on these fights recently because i would be BROKE.

Mayhem....*shakes head*

Blog Entries

I don't know if you watched WEC 48 last night, but it was a rather interesting night. Those littles tiny guys can f*cking bang. When I watch feathweight fights I don't expect those guys to hit that hard.

It was also a night of sadness. Urijah Faber is one of my favorite fighters and unfortunately he just couldn't get the job done. He didn't lose by Ko, or TKO so I am a tad bit happy, but still.

I don't know if you watched WEC 48 last night, but it was a rather interesting night. Those littles tiny guys can f*cking bang. When I watch feathweight fights I don't expect those guys to hit that hard.

It was also a night of sadness. Urijah Faber is one of my favorite fighters and unfortunately he just couldn't get the job done. He didn't lose by Ko, or TKO so I am a tad bit happy, but still.

downloading now...

I heard jose aldo put on a clinic but i will have to see for myself. Faber is one of my faves to but jose aldo seems to be the real deal.

Blog Entries

downloading now...

I heard jose aldo put on a clinic but i will have to see for myself. Faber is one of my faves to but jose aldo seems to be the real deal.
    Oh yea he did. Faber's left leg was dead after the fight. Fight of the was Garcia Vs. "The Korean Zombie". After the fight they drove to the hospital together and was laughing and joking and shit. Very classy guys, no grudges there.

Oh yea he did. Faber's left leg was dead after the fight. Fight of the was Garcia Vs. "The Korean Zombie". After the fight they drove to the hospital together and was laughing and joking and shit. Very classy guys, no grudges there.
    The bond that comes from contact sports is deeper than any other sport. It is no problem to hug training partners at the gym after a hard roll and joke about the ass whooping you just gave or received.

I got some really good friends from training and i am sure you made some to.

Blog Entries

The bond that comes from contact sports is deeper than any other sport. It is no problem to hug training partners at the gym after a hard roll and joke about the ass whooping you just gave or received.

I got some really good friends from training and i am sure you made some to.
    QFT.

Some of my best friends are those that I have made through fighting. Whether that be when I boxed, or now in MMA. It is a bonding experiance unlike any other. That is what I love most about as MMA, and fighting in general as a sport.

shogun knocked out machida......wow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast