3 8.11%
  • Sig 10

1 2.70%
  • Sig 11

6 16.22%

Thread: Halloween Sig Contest Voting

Air from my lungs. Halloween Sig Contest Voting Violet's Avatar

Halloween Sig Contest Voting

Finally, the signatures are in. However, the voting won't be done in time for Halloween, unfortunately. You can still use your sigs afterwards if you want, though.

Rules:

• I DON'T want ANYONE VOTING FOR THEMSELVES. If you do, you will be disqualified after the polls have been revealed at the end.
    • FOR THE REVIEWERS: DO NOT POST YOUR REVIEWS UNTIL ALL THE VOTES ARE IN! I'll let you know when you can. When you review the sigs, try to be as helpful as you can.
    • When voting, don't vote for one because everyone else is. Vote for what YOU like the most. Don't just decide right away, either. Try to evaluate each sig.
    • No newbie accounts. The lowest thing you could do is cheat by making one of these just to raise someone's votes up. It makes it really unfair.
    • No spamming!
    • Don't tell people to vote for your sig. Example: "Vote for number 121!!!!" or whatever. NONE OF THAT! It's really unfair and forcing the person which to vote for. It's also giving yourself away..

Alright, here we go:

http://i38.tinypic.com/igfgau.png Click this link if you can't see the sigs below very well.

IMPORTANT: This sig was animated, so I couldn't put it on the image with the rest. Don't miss it! It's number 11.

#11 http://i37.tinypic.com/r1ac1z.gifhttp://i37.tinypic.com/r1ac1z.gif

http://i37.tinypic.com/20fuu1j.png

http://i36.tinypic.com/155h2z9.png

Good luck to you all! Read the rules I put! And I apologize for the sloppyness.. if you have any feedback as to how I can make it look more organized, that'd be nice.
    Last edited by Violet; 11-04-2008 at 04:34 PM.

BTW, if you requested to review the sigs at the end of the polls, let me know. I lost track of who asked me.

Magically Delicous Halloween Sig Contest Voting Merlin's Avatar
    Could you split that into two separate images? Only the first 5 are visible because of IMG settings. I mean, I know there's a link and all, but it'd still make things a little easier on folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Could you split that into two separate images? Only the first 5 are visible because of IMG settings. I mean, I know there's a link and all, but it'd still make things a little easier on folks.

Alrighty! I finally got rid of that damned bar. I hope I fixed it up ok. I had to resize some of the sigs a teeny weeny bit(made it from 500 to 493) but not enough to effect its appearance in any way. So all is good .

Registered User Halloween Sig Contest Voting Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One quick question, are we allowed to view poll results or is that against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post
    One quick question, are we allowed to view poll results or is that against the rules?
    You can after you've casted your vote. You can also comment on other sigs and stuff, but not your own(obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post
    Um... the `View Poll Results` button isn't there, so how exactly were you planning on viewing the poll results before voting? h4x0r?

And yeah, being able to see all the banners without scrolling is much nicer... I hate scroll-bars but they are a necessary evil. >_>

Registered User Halloween Sig Contest Voting Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Um... the `View Poll Results` button isn't there, so how exactly were you planning on viewing the poll results before voting? h4x0r?
    I meant when you have voted, you can click on the numbers. But I didn't know whether we were allowed. >_>;

When you vote, there is a disclaimer saying that the poll is `public` which means people can see who others voted for by clicking the little numbers next to each poll selection. Feel free to click them and see exactly who voted for what sig. That's why it was made public. ^_^

Full Time Glompasaurus Halloween Sig Contest Voting Raider's Avatar
    number 4 gmv
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Gingersnap Halloween Sig Contest Voting OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Care to explain why, Raider? Or would you prefer to continue one-lining?

The point of having the poll anonymous was to have the votes anonymous until after people have cast their vote.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

I'd like to add in a new rule, since I forgot to mention it: Don't make any newbie accounts just to raise someone's votes. I will be checking any new user's IPs throughly. Plus, if you do it, you should feel ashamed of yourself for having to resort to such methods.

Yeah, I know some of you will go apeshit over this, but it's not an insult, and it's nothing to get mad at:

This isn't an art site, plain and simple. If you're hardcore about winning these things, there are better places to take your work where professional artists and extremely talented individuals can critique it and help you improve your skillset. Whether you win or lose here at TFF, it is no indication over your artistic or render-manipulation abilities. It's simply a fun little contest among FF fans.

I wish all of you good luck. As for me, I'm gonna bow out. I made it in a catatonic state and frankly it looks like shit compared to the one in my signature. I got a couple of referals from other places about that one, so it's all kosher to me. ^_^
    Last edited by Merlin; 11-04-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: same as always... I am madly in love with the edit button. :P I 'must' click it. *click*

Yeah, I know some of you will go apeshit over this, but it's not an insult, and it's nothing to get mad at:

This isn't an art site, plain and simple. If you're hardcore about winning these things, there are better places to take your work where professional artists and extremely talented individuals can critique it and help you improve your skillset. Whether you win or lose here at TFF, it is no indication over your artistic or render-manipulation abilities. It's simply a fun little contest among FF fans.

I wish all of you good luck. As for me, I'm gonna bow out. I made it in a catatonic state and frankly it looks like shit compared to the one in my signature. I got a couple of referals from other places about that one, so it's all kosher to me. ^_^
    I'm not attacking you or anything, but this contest is really my attempt at strengthing the art forums rather than just treating it like a blow-over. I'm hoping I can attract people who are interested in art and draw just as I do. It's up to them if they want to take it seriously or not, but I'll let you know that there are some individuals here who do take their work seriously.

It's natural for one to think poorly of their own work, and I do agree with you that this contest does not have the final say on someone's abilities. To everyone that participated in this contest, all your signatures look wonderful. This contest does not decide whether you are good or not, as some of the voters don't really have the artistic ability themselves. It probably WOULD have been more fair on a professional art forums as Merlin said, but it's still from a person's point of view. Other artists don't have the final say on whether you are good or not, either, or at least.. that's what I believe.

So to put it short, don't take this contest too seriously. Just because you didn't win doesn't mean you're not good. Don't let it get you down. We'll be having some reviewers at the end of the polls to give you honest to good advice so you can improve your skills. It's up to you if you want to accept the advice or not.

I know you're working hard to make the forums active, which is a great thing. One of the main points of contention with contests here at TFF is that they are always abnormally skewed. It's not the fault of the creators of these contests. No, you can set it up however you like, the end result is the same: abnormally skewed results. It's just the way it is. It's a well-documented phenomenon.

Hence why you have to remind yourself that it's all in good fun. I won't deny that the results as they stand annoyed me for a few minutes, but I got over it. I can't fault the TFFers for their viewpoints, even if I believe other banners in that list deserve more credit than they are getting. If you think a banner with a simple render on a black background is the best, more power to you. I agree to disagree with you and that is also my choice.

As for mine, I disliked it after submission and the more I look at it the more I hate it. Some of the blends need some serious touch-up and the render is washed out. More focus on the eyes would have made the render pop as well. The left side needs to be burned since it detracts from the focus. The color choice might seem limited but that was intentional. Gray-scale saturated into the red tones. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as expected. Throw to the scrap pile as a "Merlin Don't" and move on.

Anyways, keep on making contests. I like to see activity... looking at shitty stats in the admin panel is depressing... XD As for me, I'll just stay out of them for a while. I'm going to take some of my friends up on their offer and apprentice under them for a while. I have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near their level(I probably never will be... they are insane O.o), but hey... the first step to improvement is admitting your weak areas. ^_^

I know you're working hard to make the forums active, which is a great thing. One of the main points of contention with contests here at TFF is that they are always abnormally skewed. It's not the fault of the creators of these contests. No, you can set it up however you like, the end result is the same: abnormally skewed results. It's just the way it is. It's a well-documented phenomenon.

Hence why you have to remind yourself that it's all in good fun. I won't deny that the results as they stand annoyed me for a few minutes, but I got over it. I can't fault the TFFers for their viewpoints, even if I believe other banners in that list deserve more credit than they are getting. If you think a banner with a simple render on a black background is the best, more power to you. I agree to disagree with you and that is also my choice.

As for mine, I disliked it after submission and the more I look at it the more I hate it. Some of the blends need some serious touch-up and the render is washed out. More focus on the eyes would have made the render pop as well. The left side needs to be burned since it detracts from the focus. The color choice might seem limited but that was intentional. Gray-scale saturated into the red tones. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as expected. Throw to the scrap pile as a "Merlin Don't" and move on.

Anyways, keep on making contests. I like to see activity... looking at shitty stats in the admin panel is depressing... XD As for me, I'll just stay out of them for a while. I'm going to take some of my friends up on their offer and apprentice under them for a while. I have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near their level(I probably never will be... they are insane O.o), but hey... the first step to improvement is admitting your weak areas. ^_^

That's true. I don't think you did a bad job on your sig at all, it was good. But I understand.. I hate half the work I do and am always seeking improvement. Thanks for participating though ^^. I tried really hard to make the contest fair, but I guess there's noway for all people to abide by such wishes. Hopefully next time, people will keep their mouths shut as to who's signatures belong to who. I think in the next contest, I'll put that rule in three bold red sentences(font size 5), then maybe they'll get the idea.

Also, before anyone notices and complains. There was a new user who signed up just yesterday with 0 post count, and all he did was vote in this contest. So, I looked up his IP and another user with 0 post count matched with his address. Sure enough, that same other user(or rather, the SAME user) voted too. So I had one of the admins take out the votes. Here's the deal.

From now on, no new members that joined just recently and have 0 post count can vote in these polls. It's just to keep things safe and fair. I don't want to take the chances.