Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Theatre of Freaks

Sir Prize The Grand Theatre of Freaks Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Grand Theatre of Freaks

The Grand Theatre of Freaks

This club was conceived during a conversation I had with a friend of mine, lately. He was saying how there is a special category of people, different from all the rest. Mutants, if you will. Freaks. People who are shockingly bizarre and unique. I began to think of myself as such a person. Even the friend who told this to me is, himself, tremendously unique.

So, I created this club in the hopes that the strange and surreal remainders of society would filter into it and revel in our own uniqueness. Become cults of personalities.

A club for freaks who are proud of being freaks. Kind of an Adams Family affair.

Club Purpose

The club will mainly feature in discussion, contests, and role-playing. The object of the club is to become so eccentric and strange as to become a novel and unique person.

Club Rules

Absolutely no flaming is allowed between members, any such activity will result in being ejected from the Theatre. If we're all going to be so very different we might as well learn to get on with people on every rank of the spectrum.

Registration

As for registering, there is a little process you will have to undergo. Don't start off by telling us how you are not unique, because, honestly, that isn't a good way to gain membership. Besides anyone can come to the realization that they are fundamentally different, but we'll discuss that later in the discussions. Questions are as follows:

Why do you think you are unique?

What talents separate you from others? Be advised that I'm only looking for unique talents.

Has anyone ever referred to you as different/strange/weird/freak/insane?

How do you deal with the rest of the world, being so absurdly different as you are?

What title would you select to describe yourself, which we may refer to you openly?(NOTE: Please be unique)

Also, if you would like to feature greatly in any rps we host, then please post a small excerpt establishing your role-playing capabilities, it will be duly noted.

Open Positions

As this club is just beginning, there are some positions that need filling. Positions are purely on a volunteer basis. If you don't want to do it, then we would not have you do it.

^Eidetiker^This position has been filled (This being a club also based on varying talents I'm sure we have some capable artists that could fit this role. The main responsibilities is to create a club banner[s] And from there on lies the freedom to do whatever. Perhaps even render some of the RP characters on paper.)

^Poet Laureate^ (Someone who will compose poetry and songs based upon events in the club and club rp. Will most likely have to work in conjunction with Eidetiker)

^Master of Assassins^This position has been filled (Someone who feels comfortable with plotlines, composition and stories of RPs to coordinate the clubs Rps, RPBs. Must have extensive Rp experience.)

^Improvisatore^ (Someone who will manage and invent the various contests we will host.)

^Thane^This position has been filled (A fail-safe captain who’s responsibility will be a “thane” {Yes, I had someone in mind with this term} to take care of the club when I’m gone or not available. When I am present they will be a normal member)

^Darkling^This position has been filled (Specifically, someone who will retain and enforce club rules according to our standards. The Darkling is also to be the most powerful character allowed in the RP. He/she will be our trump card in such matters, especially in club-to-club battles and Rps. Must be skilled in Role-playing.

Each person will be allowed a title in this club should they adopt one, the same with left over responsibilities.

I reserve to hold full say in what happens in the club, if only to keep it upon it’s stated purpose. I shall assist other members as my abilities will allow.

Current Troupe List

Sinister=Brandon
    Raines=Metareal
    Whisper=Halie

Lococolt04=Argentos
    celtic_silver=Darkling Celtic
    Govinda=Thane Heather
    Annikit=Ann, Master of Assassins
    joesteel64=Eidetiker Steel
    isntitlovely=Ellie

Chez Daja=Severeth
    Holy Priest=Holy Priest
    Fishie=Night Shade
    Oceaneyes28=Alisyn
    Vampiric Delirium=Vampiric Delirium
    Jintatsu=Buddao
    James K. Polk=Stuffed Prophet

BTW, I think it's only fair that I should have to answer to my own questions.

Because I was told that by too many people. Even my friends have let it slip that I was "weird." But my parents, teachers, spiritual leaders and mentors have all constantly alluded to me being strangely different.

What talents separate you from others?

A short list. I can fence, which sadly, is not as common a skill as it should be. I play the ocarina and carry it with me. I'm something of a writer, which you will appreciate, is better than nothing. And I am a devoted philosopher.

Constantly. My father, the Psychologist he paid to profile me, my teachers, my co-workers, my friends.

How do you deal with the rest of the world, being so absurdly different as you are?

I tend to like looking on the world and listening to it. It may regard me as unique, but the world itself is fascinating. The people in it can be fascinating too, if they put their mind to it.

What title would you select to describe yourself, which we may refer to you openly?(NOTE: Please be unique)

Everyone in this club may refer to me as "Brandon," because that is my name.
    Last edited by Sinister; 03-10-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

The Grand Theatre of Freaks Raines's Avatar
    In your blindspot, waiting with a book, ready to papercut you.
    The general outlook I have on things. In practically every situation I take the abnormal look on things without noticing it.

What talents separate you from others? Be advised that I'm only looking for unique talents.

Great start to uniqueness here , I also play the ocarina. I keep a small on with my tied to my pants and I have a normal sized one at home which my friend taught me to play. I also consider myself an avid philosopher, I hope to go on take it as my degree aswell.
    I make origami, it came about as a way to stop me getting bored in lessons but it's turned into practically a hobby. Can solve rubix's cubes without realising it. If I'm not really concerntrating on it I can solve a rubix cube in minutes.

Pretty much everyone I know atleast once. Usually when I say say soemthing relating to something really obscure that makes sense to me but no one else quite gets it.

Can't say it bothers me. Everything is absurdly different to everything else. Plus I like learning how things work, seeing ehat patterens I can find in everyday life and people.

Metareal, its been my gaming name for a few years now.
    'This generation
    With fire in our eyes
    Strong are the ties that bind us
    We don't need no alibis

New Expectations
    Moments in the sun
    We've waited all our lives
    And now we know our time has come'

Registered User The Grand Theatre of Freaks Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why Do You Think You Are Unique?

Because...I just am. Everyone knows it. I prefer to live life in a different way than others. Like, acting differently than what some would in certain situations. Not to the extreme, as in, I wouldn't be extremely happy or hyper at a funeral. I would still be sad, of course.
    But, I would just try to act hyper or try and get myself to be happy somehow if everyone was extremely bored or something. And, everyone at my school are always commenting on my weirdness. Also, my obsessiveness makes mee weird too. My main obsession is soap, alongside ducks and ramen. No reason why
    I'm obsessed with them, I just think they're awesome things...=/

What Talents Seperate YouFrom others?

I can name things...which is really one of the very few talents I have XD. I can take anything, and decide a name that would fit it, and it would amuse mee for hours. The things that I usually name are soap, leaves, rocks, sweet wrappers, or any random stuff, lmao. It's a very weird talent,seeing as how anyone could name things, but when you do it everyday, it's pretty different, heh.

Has Anyone Ever Referred To You As Different/Strange/Weird/Freak/Insane?

Just about everyone I know, heh. Doesn't really bother mee though. I thinkI'm weird too, lol.

How Do You Deal With The Rest Of The World Being Absurdly Different Than You Are?

Ignore them, if they're ever nasty about it, or just think that there are many other weird
    people out there too.

What Title Would You Select To Describe Yourself, Which We May Refer To You Openly?[NOTE: Please Be Unique]

Halie = Because it is my name. Pronounced like 'Hah-ll-ee'. Or, you can always call mee Dumbass.
    Last edited by Halie; 09-12-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

*smiles* First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in replying. The summer-to-fall weather has been playing smackdown on my poor dsl connection.

@Raines:

An excellent start.

As far as Ocarina and Philosophy...well that just means we both think too much as we play Zelda games (J/k). Ocarina is an awesome instrument and some beautiful melodies can be played on them, as I'm sure you know. And Philosophy is always a sure sign of a creative mind. Honestly though, if you think about it. Taking a club and combining what the world and our peers consider "unique" people and it stands to reason that alot of us are alike in some ways.

Anyway, Welcome to the Theatre, Metareal.

@Whisper:

There is an art to off-setting the feelings of others, in which being "weird" can actually be almost a community service. Like being a star on a stage for other people to marvel at. It's a fun thing to do, and I've often done it, if for anything to break up awkward moments or lighten dark moods. And anyone who thinks random thoughts will often think things that others never will.

At any rate, Welcome to the Theatre, Halie.

*I'll update the member list*

Since we have no Rps, nor any contests, nor anyother members and we are just getting started, I want to open up discussion.

@Discussion: Being strange, what is weird to you?

The Old Skool Warrior The Grand Theatre of Freaks LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had to come downstairs for this one. I don't think the PS3 would have let me input as much text into the box as I'd need to.

I am, perhaps, too charismatic for my own good. My stalkers would disagree; they like me the way I am (weirdos...). My friends tell me I have a Charisma Stat of 65536 -- if you know anything of hex, you know the maximum field is 65535.

---

I have a memory like an iron trap. You name it, I remember it. Usernames, random events, phone numbers, directions (get me somewhere once and I'll never forget how to get there), and all sorts of other information gets lodged in my brain and sticks there forever. I remember phone numbers from when I was seven.

Unfortunately, all capacity for mental imagery seems to be null and void due to this. (With the direction thing, I simply have exceptional skill at pattern recognition and I'm good at recalling obvious landmarks.) This makes writing difficult at times as it is nigh impossible for me to come up with some sort of image in my brain depicting what the character or scene would /actually/ look like. A lot of the time, I get stuck in a wicked writers' block as a result.

I don't dream -- or, if I do, I don't EVER remember it.

---

Different? All the time.
    Strange? Only when I say something off-color.
    Weird? Quite regularly, in fact.
    Freak? Actually... I haven't heard that since middle school.
    Insane? I fractured my ankle last week and then worked a solid 40 hours... on my feet.

---

I watch. I listen, I learn, I observe. I seek patterns. I find stupidity. I giggle. People fascinate me. Animals too. So how do I "deal" with all of them? I don't. I let everyone and everything run their own courses unhindered.

---

Argentos is my characterized persona. He's the character I tend to be myself with. That'll work for me... or you can call me by my name. Everyone else does.

---

@topic: What is, perhaps, most odd to me is everyone else's definition of "weird." It's a question I tend to ask people when I am first getting to know them. The first time I hear the words "that's weird" come out of their mouths, I spring the question on them to see what they feel is weird.

It's a roundabout way of crawling into their heads.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    @Loco: Ooh! The head admin! How prestigious! ; ) It is cool to have you in the club, Loco, because you are charismatic. Had you not 'fessed up to it, I would have brought it up. I can't speak for the other members, but I know what I am and what I am not. And I am hardly charismatic or inspirational. How much more effective is strangeness and being unique when one is well-liked and admired for it. : )

Welcome to the Theatre, Argentos.

@Discussion

I might as well take the opportunity to add my opinion. I find the weird and strange to be people who aim and direct their ambition to obtain levels of normalcy and tradition to such a degree that any departure to them is so blasphemous. So many people I've seen look down upon me as a Goth, my best friend for being a little ditsy albino, my other friend as a bit of a hippy/grunge and so many other variant personalities because they either differ or choose to differ.

It's not only weird and strange to me; it's a little sickening. I've been preached to by Ministers and yelled/glared at by old women for buying groceries and walking streets because I was dressed the way I like to dress. These people, so judgemental and set in their quaint cookie-cutter ways, are fine until they point their fingers at others in anger. Then they turn into the strangest beings I've ever seen. But I'm all too glad this club wasn't founded on MY idea of strange. Otherwise, I'd be forced to abandon it like a rat out of a sinking ship.
    Last edited by Sinister; 09-15-2007 at 11:49 PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Why do I think I'm unique....
    Well I can drink a full case of beer in under an hour (Under 52 minutes, really), if I have a lot of gas I can play the harmonica with my ass, I have an inhuman pain tolerance which is handy for fights - which I tend to get into more than your average person. I'm an emulation nut, and the only one I know existing anywhere near where I live. And I'm a bogan who excels at IPT (Computer) classes and Design and Technology. Go figure...
    And I'm a poet/songwriter who writes from personal experience to try to give my work that little extra spark.
    And I have the worst memory this side of whatever the place was called, yet still get where I need to.
    Plus I have more luck than any one person should have. Go little ol' unique me

Well as I said earlier, I can play the harmonica with my ass if I have enough gas. Few can do that. And I can take a lot of damage. More than a lot of people can. And I heal up relatively quick too. Oh and I can drink alcohol which would kill a dozen lesser men.

All the time. But then again I am for better or worse. Mainly freak, though a few have commented on my lack of sanity or restraint at times. Especially when you're pointing a ripped out street sign at their head with a right angry look on your face. haha

Easily. They either change with me, ignore me or I find a way to change them. I'm an individual and I refuse to change radically for anyone.

celtic would do. Or celtic_silver.
    victoria aut mors

The Old Skool Warrior The Grand Theatre of Freaks LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    It is cool to have you in the club, Loco, because you are charismatic. Had you not 'fessed up to it, I would have brought it up.
    Don't worry, if there's one thing I've got no problems admitting, that's it.

A live example, if you will:

In my current job, I went from a new hire to low-end management in six weeks. Six months later, I snagged the assistant management position. What got me there? Charisma. Of course, in a sales environment, that's pretty much required for anyone who ever wants to advance... I just happened to do it far quicker than most.

I have more to add to the discussion and definition of the word "weird," but alas, I should be leaving for work right now. Someone's gotta open the store.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Celtic! You're qualified. I've seen your qualifications in action j/k. Actually I was hoping you would join. To be the way that I know you are, you are unique. And it is welcome. Remember that one time you, Fishie and I...*sigh* but that was a while back anyways.

Welcome to the Theatre, Celtic.

Govinda

Because I'm Heather, and there's only one of me. Simplistic, yes. But that's the way it works. Besides which, everyone tells me so all the time; oddball status is something I enjoy.

Here's the way I like to think of it. Life, the straight and narrow, is a busy road cutting in a direct line through the countryside. Most find themselves on the road, concentrating; no time to think, contemplate, stare, analyse. You'll find me milling around in the field by the road, hanging out with the cows, and staring at the sky. How I love the sky. It'd be even better if I thought there was a God hanging out up there.

I wouldn't say talents, not for me at least. I smoke profously and play saxophone when I'm alone, and I'm in love with a long line of dead or near dead musicians.

What I think makes me different is the way I see things. The way I think. My analyses often bring me into conflict, because half of the world doesn't get it. But at the same time as being bolshy, tolerance is at the centre of my way of thinking.

And Halie, I play the ocarina too! My party peice is the whole Jurassic Park film score, played one two recorders, one per nostril. I can even do it with a sopranino (a wee baby recorder) and a tenor (a huge bastard of a thing) at the same time. I can impersonate Eric Cartman perfectly.

95% of all the people I've ever met, yes. I'm different online; I'm a lot livelier in reality. But the walking paradox that I am can still be seen online.

I talk to it nicely.

You can call me Heather if you like.

And regarding the discussion, I find generally everything weird. Especially belief mechanisms, cats, and boring people.

Blog Entries
    Govinda is, of course, more than welcome here. It's already become a very interesting club. It's well-known and admired by me, her powers of tolerance and open-mindedness. She's an excellent scholarly person with some interesting opinions.

Welcome to the Theatre, Heather.

Being strange, what is weird to you?

Strange, strange. Well me being who I am, strange tends to be the things I like. Strange to me is the image of strange held by the society I live in. And quite frankly, I rarely like things which are normal or plain. They're boring.

I like things that are unusual. Half the things I keep fit this description. I like fun things such as people who don't give a damn to be labeled strange at the expense of having fun.

Actually I think the thing I find the weirdest is how the High School Certificate here bases their English tests around sources, (some quite large) that we have to memorise before the exams. It's not a test of English, it's a bloody memory test. And I suck at those....
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    Being Strange, What Does Weird Mean To You?

Hm...I guess weirdness is a type of personality in some cases. It can also be a certain object or thing that's more unusual than others. But mainly, to mee it's about personality and having fun. Being weird to mee is going to certain heights and extents to have fun, which other wouldn't really do for entertainment. Like, for example: Just under two weeks ago, on the first day of us going back to school, [Well, it was actually the new year ofKids'day back in school, everyone else had the day off], Mee and my best friend were extremely BoReD when we went out, so we went to the school to wave at the new Kids amd piss them off, etc, and then we started waving at RaNdOm cars that drove past, hoping they would wave back and if they did we'd get really hyper and excited, and if they didn't we'd flip them off. Oh, the joy =D So...yeah. Everyone considered as us weird for doing that too. 'Twas fun though, which was the whole point XD lol.
    Last edited by Halie; 09-14-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Blog Entries

The Begining of the Freak Show!

Quote Originally Posted by From [url
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/strange][/url]strange
    (strānj) Pronunciation Key
    adj. strang·er, strang·est

Not previously known; unfamiliar.

Out of the ordinary; unusual or striking.
    Differing from the normal.
    Reserved in manner; distant.
    Not comfortable or at ease; constrained.
    Not of one's own or a particular locality, environment, or kind; exotic.

Reserved in manner; distant.
    Not comfortable or at ease; constrained.
    Not accustomed or conditioned: She was strange to her new duties.
    Archaic Of, relating to, or characteristic of another place or part of the world; foreign.

freak1 /frik/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[freek] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.
    2. a person or animal on exhibition as an example of a strange deviation from nature; monster.
    3. a sudden and apparently causeless change or turn of events, the mind, etc.; an apparently capricious notion, occurrence, etc.: That kind of sudden storm is a freak.
    4. Numismatics. an imperfect coin, undetected at the mint and put into circulation.
    5. Philately. a stamp differing from others of the same printing because of creases, dirty engraving plates, etc. Compare error (def. 8), variety (def. 8).
    6. Slang. a. a person who has withdrawn from normal, rational behavior and activities to pursue one interest or obsession: a drug freak.
    b. a devoted fan or follower; enthusiast: a baseball freak.
    c. a hippie.

7. Archaic. capriciousness; whimsicality.
    –adjective 8. unusual; odd; irregular: a freak epidemic.
    –verb (used without object), verb (used with object) 9. to become or make frightened, nervous, or wildly excited: The loud noise caused the horse to freak.
    —Verb phrase10. freak out, Slang. a. to enter into or cause a period of irrational behavior or emotional instability, as under the influence of a drug: to be freaked out on LSD.
    b. to lose or cause to lose emotional control from extreme excitement, shock, fear, joy, despair, etc.: Seeing the dead body freaked him out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1555–65; 1965–70 for def. 6; perh. akin to OE frīcian to dance]

These are our adjectives and nouns, ladies and gentlemen. How does one become a strange person or a freak? First they are called that, then they admit it freely. All of which, we stand accused of.

Guilty as charged.

So we're freaks, then. It's time we start acting like them. First of all I want to get the RP idea out in the open and any participants are welcome. If your not into RPing, then don't worry about it. But any interested people who want to be a part of, hopefully, the weirdest Rp ever please say so.

Contests. Anyone who has any ideas as to what contests we can hold both in this club and in this forum, must speak up. Be forewarned, if you do speak up with a magnificent idea, then you have become the club's Improvisatore.

@Govinda! I would like to offer you the position of Thane. That way we have a back up leader that I know I can trust. I understand with Uni, you will be quite busy. But hopefully, between the both of us we can run this club.

@Discusion:

Weirdness is all a blury objective vagary term of surprise and perhaps a little disgust. It's what shocks people and amuses them.

I say very little in real life. I barely speak at all. If you ever met me, I wouldn't be able to say much more than "hello." Just the way I am. Being quiet and reserved and dressed the way I do. I think that by accident I unnerve people. And I certainly don't mean to do that, but it's done. Weirdness is the world's judgement of you. I don't know about you, but I can accept that.
    Last edited by Sinister; 09-16-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Air from my lungs. The Grand Theatre of Freaks Violet's Avatar

Well, I have always been a daydreamer. My mind dwells constantly in "fairyland". I have an interesting view on things, and my family points that out. Even in class, I'd share some of my opinions.. and people just go "Umm.. ok.." or disagree with me, but then when someone else in the class said the same thing(but worded differently) everyone would agree -.-;. Also.. I'm very good at pulling out ideas for stories..it just has to be nice and quiet in my area for me to think.

What talents separate you from others?

My drawing, of course. Also my imagination.

Yes. Back in middle school or early highschool. I'm past that stage though, now. I know how to "blend"..but I still get looked at strangely because of how I act.

I just blend in with them. I'm not around a lot of people that much, actually. I hang out at home with my mom most of the time. I don't like to cause trouble and try to avoid conflict as much as possible. I don't like a lot of people, but I give everyone at least one chance of they haven't blown it yet.

Just Ann. That's my real name and it's short and simple.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Theatre, Ann. I approve you as the Club's Master of Assassins. Henceforth, you shall be the coordinator or our club Rp. If you have any questions on the RP ask me or Ann.

ALSO please note that the Darkling position has been filled. I approve Celtic as Darkling. Henceforth he shall enforce the "No Flaming" rule in here and the general RP rules in the Club RP. I suggest you listen to him.

*does M*A*S*H pa voice*
    "That is all"

-Sin

Govinda
    Thane? I'd be honoured. I'll do my best, Sin. Cheers.

So! I've just landed here, in Aberdeen. Everything's fine, I'm living with an international collection of chainsmokers and Bowie fans, little mad at the moment. Still finding my feet, have been hungover for the past three days. Hair of the dog, you know...

I should have my Wireless web in my room going by next week, I'll be on more then. Apparently there's a French guy, the only person in Halls who knows how to work the damn internet thing... an offer of wine, smoke, and Italian pasta and coffee has been made by my flat, so he should be over soon.

I can't wait for the RP!

Also, re. the Discussion, my past few days have altered my perception. Everything new is strange. After that, we get used to it, the freak factor drops. The proper weirdos are the ones that stay unique, that don't falter, don't suppress themselves and drop. Those who don't want to melt into the walls here.

(That had more of a point when I was thinking it, I promise)

See you soon, dearhearts

Blog Entries
    Very well, then. It's settled. I approve Heather as the Club's Thane. Henceforth, when I am away, Heather is in charge of this club.

With all these definitions of freak/strange/weird I think this club stands on pretty firm ground now. We all know who we are, why we are that way. BTW, Club news is that the RP is in the makings.

BTW, we ought to have some say in some sort of contest or big-to-do for Halloween. Everyone please think of something we can do with the boards on halloween, if you please. It's still quite a long ways off so we have time to think. Just keep it in mind.

@Discussion2.0:

What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you or that you've ever seen.

What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you or that you've ever seen?

I think mine was getting whacked out of the 2nd floor of the pub and not being all that injured at all. Hell I went back up the stairs to get back into the 'business' up there.
    Granted I was shaken for a little whiles and I did get some bruising and the like, but nothing major. Guess I was lucky.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you or that you've ever seen?

Hm...that's really hard, because there are weird things that have happened to mee, but either they're equally weird or I can't rememer what actually happened...Um...but, one of the weirdest things that I've seen is the video for 'Black Hole Sun' - SoundGarden. That freaked mee out the first time I saw it. A lot. lol. It's not the weirdest thign I've seen though, but it is one of them. Um...Oh! More weird things I've seen are people that look like constipated animals. For example, there are two boys in my school, one of them looks like a constipated horse, and the other looks like a constipated duck. And also, my best friends' Dad dances like a constipated chicken, thus how mee and her came up with our very famous dance, 'The Constipated Chicken Dance' XD lol. Yeah...I'll shut up now. lol.
    Last edited by Halie; 09-19-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Govinda
    The weirdest thing I've ever seen was over 150 people queing in the rain, just to get into a club that was full. Everything about that one scene confused me: why such a crowded place; why so forceful; where did this drunk culture come from; why did it have to be there, and not another club, just as decent, five minutes away? Humans are all odd, especially when in herds.

Bass Player Extraordinaire The Grand Theatre of Freaks Joe's Avatar

Simply put, I've never found anyone exactly like me, making me by definition unique. Want something more heartfelt? I've never really found a lot of common ground with people, being as I love chemistry, physics, and reading all of the time. Also I love to spend a lot of time tinkering on old computers, a not so common hobby in rural north carolina.

hmm, I still play the pokemon trading card game, but only with the really old cards. I'm the top ranked guitar hero player in my town. I also have a real knack for remembering clearly useless trivia. ( I won sixty bucks in a school competition)

All the time at school, and when I go on a foray into town, usually to go to the bookstore to read, or to the library.

I find solace in music of all types, except country and hip-hop. That and I maintain a vision that I will one day being asking these people to fill my food orders at the local burger joint.

Either Joe or Steel will suffice.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Blog Entries
    A little autodidact book-learning and some technical curiosity are both hallmarks of an individual. Also, I have enough experience with you in the past in the SoI, to recognize an individual when I see one.

Welcome to the Theatre, Steel.

I'd also like to add to my opinion on the discussion:

@Discussion:
    I've seen alot of strange things. I'm not going to insult my powers of observation by trying to seperate which of them were "real" or "unreal." So it will be safer for me to say the single strangest thing that has happened to me.

I took about twenty-five grams of fresh ground nutmeg weighed by a kitchen scale. At first, I was treated to a nice whimsical heady vertigo that wasn't unpleasant. Just enough to know that things were different and something wasn't right. Something wasn't right. A little more time and I was sure of it.

Something was dead wrong. I was alone at home. Did I smell smoke. Was there someone in the house. I found I was unable to sit down. And when I forced myself into a chair, I found my eyes darting around the room and drawing my knees up infront of my chest.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT NOISE!?

I broke out into a sweat and my knees could feel my heart hammering against my ribcage like it was trying to get out. My mind began to tear over current stressful subjects.

It wasn't long before I realized something had happened in the calculation of dosage. I searched through the cabinets and found a touchstone. A bottle that said it was so many grams. I poured the contents into the scale and found to my horror that the scale was off an impossible "ten" grams!

I called the EMS immediately. They got me and kept me for a full four hours. They monitered my heart rate, which was (laying in bed) 168 at it's low point. I had taken 35 grams! Which I credit as unusually asinine of me as I'm usually more careful.

For the next three days, I was in and out of consciousness. I made it home to my bed. I remember waking up in my living room chair and not being able to feel anything. I couldn't tell the difference between the lightest touch or the hardest bite (which I tested). I saw dark gray things at night walk up to me out of shadows and babble something I couldn't hear. This happened several times. I called my mom and my friends later to find out if they had dropped by to see how I was, but they did not. On the third day I woke up, like one wakes up after a long sleep. All my senses were in working order. But I must admit that my body had a tingling sensation.

I then read up on body chemistry to divine what exactly had just happened to me. But that stands as the weirdest. I can't even lay out all that was truly strange about it in words or be troubled to describe all the sensations and hallucinations. But I died. For 8 seconds. All of it en mass, stands as the strangest experience.

Discussion 1 Being strange, what does weird mean to you?

Strange for me include the idea that society feels the need to conform everyone to certain standards (I.E. the status quo). It just seems so strange for society at large to shun others simply because they don't fit the typical image of what a person "should be" instead of what they are.

What I also find strange is that I'm currently enrolled in a college chemistry course, in place of High School Chem, yet I'm required to take the High School Chemistry standardized test, in order to "Prove my proficiency" as if being able to place into a college chem course didn't qualify me as proficient in high school.

Discussion 2 what's the weirdest thing that's happened to me or that I've ever seen?

Besides managing to find a date for junior prom, I'd have to say that one of the weirdest things I've ever seen was me about three years ago. I had worked for a feline-rescue mission, on a volunteer basis, and had contracted cat-scratch fever. during the course of the disease, a lymph node in my neck swelled to the size of a large egg. it also radiated heat. after about two and a half weeks of this, it ruptured, and I had to undergo surgery to drain the node. That was also the most painful experience of my life, since the anesthetic quit working almost ten minutes into the thirty minute procedure.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    Craven

Govinda
    Whoa, what weird medical histories. But being dead...well, that kind of takes the biscuit.

So, I have a question, and it's tricky.

Being 'weird', how do you feel about people you class as 'normal'? Or do you shun that whole classing-people-as-things agenda, and do something else? Well, all of us here must recognise that to a certain degree, having publicly labeled ourselves as different. have a think on it, dears.

Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    Being 'weird', how do you feel about people you class as 'normal'? Or do you shun that whole classing-people-as-things agenda, and do something else? Well, all of us here must recognise that to a certain degree, having publicly labeled ourselves as different. have a think on it, dears.
    People I see as normal..... Well I'll go with my definition that normal for a person in society would mean one who conforms with the majority in more cases than not, so I'll say I find most of those people predictable and boring. At the end of the day they wear the same clothes and say pretty much the same things, even if either is of a different colour. Like in the instance of clothing, a black suit to a dark navy suit, and speechwise they may say the same thing though worded differently.

I don't think it's plausible to not class some people, as there are some groups of people who do seem like they're just clones of each other. This is not always the case, as some groups thrive on differences of beliefs, views and opinions, but yes, there are cloned emo kids in most big cities nowadays. And some of the metal heads with the same long hair, the same taste in music and the same horrible BO, unnoticeable to them as they all share it.

But I do recognise it greatly. Mainly as I don't quite fit with any group due to my own unique tastes, and the desire to be myself. When you're the only guy wearing a dark Hawaiian style t-shirt in a mall full of people wearing hoodies and skate brand clothing, you do sort of stand out....
    Last edited by Furore; 09-30-2007 at 07:25 PM.
    victoria aut mors

Oh, how to answer...Well, for one thing, I have a pet skull. His name is Yorick, and I dress him up for fun ^-^ which reminds me, I must change him into his Halloween costume. If you need something more, I'm the kind of person who gets incredibly random thoughts, but unlike most people, I choose to let them out and see what other people think. This is how I get into conversations such as what would happen if all of a sudden trees movements became faster and more fluid and they attempted to overthrow the human race. I believe they would have the power.

Well, for one, if something interests me, I will remember it forever, unless it is unpleasent, and then I will not remember it for more than about 5 seconds. It's not necessarily a good thing, though, because sometimes it causes me to go through the same thing multiple times before I get the point. Oh, also, I know almost everything there is to know about the supernatural, and I can recall it at a moment's notice. This is probably because I write a lot of stories about creatures...or it may just be something strange I do. I don't know.

It's kind of odd not to go through a day without being refered to as one of those. In fact, some of my friends have turned them into affectionate statements.

I watch them. I mean, the rest of the world is so entertaining, and sometimes they themselves are odder than us "freaks". At times I attempt to connect with a "normal" person, but that usually ends in drama of some sort. Kind of fun, though.

You may call me Ellie if you like.
    "I hope you realize you look so pretty through these bleeding eyes...

<p>Aren't you a pretty little Paradox?"

Blog Entries
    Ellie, I'm very pleased to welcome you in general and to the Grand Theatre. Consider yourself, accepted. I love the name of your pet skull. Does he tell you jokes and carry you upon his shoulders? Well, too many Hamlet references.

Welcome to the Theatre, Ellie.

As to Heather's Question:

"The classing" is what this club is about. People who are classed by others. But I tend only to respond to what people term me as. The only title that I rightly bear is the title of "Taoist". It's true that I have refered to myself as "Goth", but that is all a vague grouping that comes to no resolution, I use it because it was given to me, not because I accepted it.

When I think of normal...wow...I think of sad people who bury their individuality and internalize their emotions for the sake of appearing 'normal'. I think of the movie the "Stepford Wives"; I think of the town of "Sandford"; I think of the Dursleys. I think of people who systematically clip their own wings for the purblind ambition of 'acceptance'.

My reaction to people like these is a mingling of pity and mild disgust.

But once again, there is a distinction to be made. There are people who simply are plain. Simple in their ways and mild in deportment. Not being renown for their great wit nor their great energy and passion. These folks are beloved to me in the greatest sense and are not connected to those people who I term as 'normal'. They are pure in a pure way and are level enough to be content as they are. The only sin that they can commit is to look down on others whom they might find odd.
    Last edited by Sinister; 09-30-2007 at 08:51 PM.

wow, this one did take a lot of thought.

The way I see it, we obviously don't shun the classing of people, since we're in a club for self-proclaimed "freaks". Like Sin, I too tend to only respond to what people term me as. The only title I have given my self is "Universal Unitarian" (WE believe that people are free to search for their own truth in life, without the discrmination of the other members. I've been referred to as many things, nerd, geek, dork, freak, among other things that shouldn't been mentioned in a public place such as this.

I usually associate the term "Normal" with people who find it necessary to maintain the status quo, and be exactly like everyone else. That way they believe they won't be singled out for anything. For these people I hold a feeling of pity, since they can't accept who they are.

Wow, that feels like it turned into a bit of rambling.

In other news:

If there's enough support for it, I could try to make the club a banner for signatures. Maybe a collage of weird/odd pictures or something. Maybe we could have a different siggie for Halloween or something.

Regards,
    Steel
    Last edited by Joe; 10-02-2007 at 05:47 PM.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    Craven

Discussion 1 Being strange, what does weird mean to you?
    weird /wɪərd/ [weerd] -er, -est, noun
    –adjective 1. involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny: a weird sound; weird lights.
    2. fantastic; bizarre

All Hail Dictionary.com

I guess, in other words, my definition of weird is anything interesting and fun, or relating to me in any way, shape, and/or form. Or dealing with supernatural things of any type. Though I don't see why those would be weird, because anything of that matter would be just as natural as humans.... I mean, if you think about it, things such as ghosts must have been here for only a slightly shorter time than humans, right? So you'd think we'd be getting used to them by now... Ok, I'm done with that subject...

Discussion 2 what's the weirdest thing that's happened to me or that I've ever seen?
    The single weirdest thing to happen? Oh gosh, how difficult will it be to narrow it down?

Well, I don't believe I've had that many medical problems that were that shocking, except for the time I nearly died from taking ammoxicillin...or the time I nearly died from taking ceclor...and the time involving duricef...wow, I'm allergic to a lot of medicines...weird....

I think I'm gonna go with the time when I was bored and started daydreaming and became convinced that the electical outlet was a car ignition, and, being my typical genius self, decided "hey, let's see if it works!"....Shorted out the entire house and got melted key and outlet cover all over my room, but somehow I didn't get hurt at all....don't know how that works, but I'm not complaining... Just about gave my mom a heart attack. She's getting used to the just-about-heart-attacks now, though ^-^.

Keep in mind, I did this when I was either 4 or 6...don't remember for sure. It's not like it was yesterday, though. That would be rather sad, and I'd probably be avoiding the subject on here.

"Have a think on it"? I don't believe I've ever actually heard that phrase before...I like it ^-^

Anyway, I don't typically classify people (I was told I should join this group because it fit me so well *ahem*), but as for how I feel about the 'normal' people...I think they are truthfully all just as odd as the rest of us, but worring about their appearance has caused them to hide the true factors of their personality, and put up the masks of normality. Personally, I think the 'normal' people are a lot of fun to talk to. In fact, I'm friends with some of them (though they don't always admit it in a public setting). I just wish they'd act like they do around me when encountered with the rest of society.

Oh, and on a totally unrelated matter, I like Steel's siggie idea *nods*
    "I hope you realize you look so pretty through these bleeding eyes...

<p>Aren't you a pretty little Paradox?"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast