Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Procession of Dreams(Theatre Only)

Gingersnap The Procession of Dreams(Theatre Only) OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was working, but she was getting weary. Synema was used to this phenomenon – something that should be incredibly powerful reduced by half. No surprise, her mind had not been whole for years; however, the sacrifice continued to be worth it.

The geysers were effective in lowering the hooded numbers, but controlling the ground’s decay was another matter. The scene in front of her became more and more apocalyptic as her world began to crumble. Perhaps she had taken it too far. Cracks in the surface belched smoke and rock, and her golden trees began to shrivel.

“Ish! We need to go!”

Ish bounded out of the cave, mask in her jaws, sorrow in her eyes. Synema took the mask and placed the cool plaster against her burning cheeks. She felt canine teeth press against her hand.

“I know. But we can trap them here and I can use all this activity as a weapon in the physical world. We’ll need it, you know.”

Ish whined and shuffled her paws.

“We’ll be back someday.” She knelt in front of Ish and took her by the long fur on her neck. “When all this is over… when they’re gone, we can rebuild.” She put their foreheads together and let the mask discover her again. She felt hot steam against her back as the world continued to disintegrate around them. The warm tugging of her heart and mind calmed her breathing and surrendered her to the journey. Within moments, she was back in her disheveled apartment beside a dried pool of her lost blood.

“We can’t stay here. For one, I don’t feel like cleaning.” She sighed and stretched, cracking her knuckles and curling her toes. “And I’m sure they’re just getting started, so I’d like to stay out of their way for as long as possible.” She took one last look at her pools and paints before sending them back to where they came from. “Put a bag together; I’ll get dressed. I suppose we’re going on a walk.”

Govinda
    Lady sat back, digesting Jack's story. She thought she ought to feel pity, in some way, but couldn't bring herself to; she decided that if he'd let her, she'd help him to find his brother one day, perhaps to settle the score with the people who took the brothers and tortured them. For that reason, pity was not an option as a response; resolve was what was required.

She decided that the time had come to move. She looked over at Jack, chewing the last of the delicious bit of prawn nigiri in her mouth. She swallowed abruptly and said, 'Right then. We can't sit here forever; I think it's time to pick a dot.'

But how to choose? All were equal. All held, at the moment, equal merit. Jack seemed to be studying the screen, but Lady wasn't sure. His mind was like an extra limb, an invisible one; who knew where it was.

'How to choose...' she muttered. She waited for Jack's response, and thought about the people who had taken he and his brother years ago. That meant that there were people out there who knew about these phenomenons, and therefore knew how to find them; that in itself raised a huge question. 'How the hell did they fail to see me?' she thought. 'Or maybe they did see me, but just left me...no, that makes no sense, I'd be a great weapon...or would I? No. They couldn't control me. I'd go nuts and destroy myself in a storm of ridiculous items. Is that why they left me? It can't be. Jack would defeat them too; but they were just kids, weren't they? I didn't do anything until I was older.

So that's why they left me be. Would it have been better if they'd taken me? No. Were they watching me? Wait, Devine said they were; then why now? Why now to strike? I want answers.'

She caught herself staring at the floor, lost in thought; she looked up, startled and shaking her head slightly. Her eye caught Jack's, and he grinned slyly.

Lady lowered her head and half-laughed gently into her lap. 'Right,' she said, 'Stop picking my brain, and pick a dot. You're more likely to know more than me. If that makes sense.'

She sat back and waited for Jack to move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2