Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FFIII role-play (open)

Registered User FFIII role-play (open)

Re: FFIII role-play (open)

(change of tense starts here!)

Aliera watched as Lailah walked away, she looked at Arc and understood his frustration, he felt safe in numbers, like her, and they could really use a trained fighter like that around! the party barley made it last time Abbadon turned up, would they be as lucky the next time?
    Aliera was overwhelmed, she just lay down on the ground, pulling herself into a small ball, everything was all too much, the tears running down her face would have to dry on their own...

The Mad God FFIII role-play (open) Heartless Angel's Avatar

Sitting up against a tree, she rested her head in her hands. "I wonder if I should just stay on my own... Let them go their separate way while I pursue Abaddon alone. He's not their problem after all, and their adventure isn't mine. Besides, what business do I have babysitting a bunch of kids? I don't know anything about being a child... I never had the chance.", she sighed, as she looked up at the clear sky. "...I may not call myself a Dark Knight anymore, but I always seem to end up relying on the strength of the Darkness. And those versed in the ways of the Dark Sword, they were never really meant to be with people.", she said, hanging her head. A droplet landed on her hand. "A... tear?", she asked herself. She smiled an empty smile, one she'd often practiced to hide sadness. "So, maybe I am still human after all... Maybe, but... no matter how much I try, I can't seem to separate myself from the realm of shadows. Maybe... maybe that's just where I was meant to be... alone in the darkness.", she said, trailing off at the end, just before falling completely silent.

Aliera woke up, it was early morning and the sun was only just coming up over the distant mountains, the air was bitterly cold, and Aliera noticed frost on the ground. That was strange, it was the middle of Summer, somthing wasn't right.
    she stood up and walked over to the dying fire, re-kindling it. It was the basic rule of adventuring that every parent told their child, monsters are scared of fire, but Aliera wouldn't know because she never met her parents...
    After she was satisfied that the fire was burning strong she sat down and saw a book on the ground, she picked it up and read the title. 'History of the Tribes' it read, Arc had taught her how to read and write, slowly she opened the book, scanning its' dusty pages, it was actually quite an interesting read, Aliera was pulled out of her trance by a grunting noise, Great, Luneth was snoring... again!
    shutting the book Aliera walked over to Luneth and rolled him onto his side, he stopped snoring and so she walked back over to the fire, sat down and began to read once more.

She awakened, shivering in the bitter cold. "All the heat in the area... it was so warm when I fell asleep... how can it have changed so rapidly?", she asked herself, readying her weapon and making her way back towards the group.

I am so tired, but something here is not right. I cannot fall asleep, I must be on-guard at all times.
    I wonder where this bitter cold has come from, it cannot be a monster as the flames from the fire would have long since scared it away.
    I don't want to wake anyone else up to keep watch with me as the frost is probably nothing, just some freak weather, it is not really unusual to have a strange atmosphere around these areas. It appears though, that I do not have to wake anyone else up, I hear shuffling and turn around, Ingus sees me awake and clumsily walks over to me.
    "What are you doing? why are you up? are you ok?" he asks me, half-asleep.
    "Yes, I am fine, thankyou for asking, it's just that the weather is being very peculiar" I tell him,
    "In what way?" Ingus asks,
    "Just look at the ground" I tell him, Ingus obidiantly looks down,
    "By the crystal's is that frost?!" Ingus shouts.
    "shh! the others are still asleep and yes that is frost!" I reply.
    "But where did it come from?" He asks, spellbound by the tiny particles of ice.
    "I have a feeling we're about to find out" I mutter under my breath...

She approached Ingus and Aliera, her sword resting on her shoulder. "I see you two have already noticed the cold. Any idea of what's causing it? I've never encountered anything like this.", she said, looking around, noticing two of the children still asleep. She sighed, disappointed at the lack of seriousness of the children. In Falgabard, the entire legion of Dark Knights would have been mobilized and informed of the situation, yet this group couldn't even be bothered to wake their comrades up. Irritated, she walked towards the two, giving them each a light kick to return them into the conscious world. "Get moving you lazy amateurs. We've got a problem.", she said.

Refia and Arc wake with a start, fear sparkling in their eyes, Luneth needs a little more coaxing, when he is first kicked he merly swats the offending foot away, the second time he wakes,
    "what is your problem Ingus?!" he shouts and feels around for his sword,
    "Calm down it's Lailah" I shout at him, taking his sword away,
    "I'm confused, you said y'were leavin and now you're back?" Luneth is clearly tired and not pleased with the distubance,
    "the real question is though, where has the frost come from?" Arc asks, he can think straight even in the early hours of day.

"All I said was that I'd find somewhere else to sleep, not that I was leaving and never coming back... that anxious to be rid of me are you?", she asked in a nonchalant voice. She began pacing about the group, her mind working to analyze the situation and determine the origin of the unnatural frost. "Well, I've heard of a few monsters who can drain the heat from an area, but none are indigenous to the region. It could also be the result of high class magic.", she said, all the while considering the possibility that it was Abaddon's doing.

(srry about the change of tense! eek I forgot!)
    Luneth sniffed and tossed his head, he didn't really care that much, Lailah just hurt his feelings was all.
    "Maybe it's a frost sprite" Arc said,
    "what is that?" Ingus and Refia asked.
    "it's not from the area. but it is possible that it could cause the ice, it's not really dangourous unless you enter its' territory, though I have a feeling it's alot more than an angry sprite" Arc finished.
    Aliera nodded her head, she knew that it was not a frost sprite, it just didn't feel right...

(What you're writing in now is known as the Third person limited narrative, meaning you write as an observer, but don't go outside of character knowledge or experience. As an RP leader you ideally want to use the third person omniscient narrative, explaining what's going on in the narration even before we the players experience it. Explaining the story from the perspective of the all knowing author who can see from all perspectives, including the villain's and random monsters. or simply an unknown observer. This gives participants the ability to actually react and experience things without having to wait for you to. Right now for example, this post is pretty much filler while I wait for you to reveal the source of the frost, because you haven't revealed enough information for me to do anything else. There's definitely something to be said about a narrator keeping secrets of future events, but present events need to be guided, or it ends up just being me posting filler while you write a story.)

She paced for a bit. "Frost sprites prefer frigid climates in the first place, very unlikely it'd come out here and try to change the area to its favored climate. Not impossible though, but if it's a frost sprite, somebody brought it out here on purpose.", she said. "Of course anything else I know of that cause this is even more unlikely... I recommend we go look for the source.", she said.

Arc nodded his head, Aliera picked up her swords and said,
    "Let's go" and she ran towards the forest, stopping at the edges only to wait for the rest of the party to catch up, then she continued running to lookf for the source, soon the party noticed the ice on the ground was becoming more consistent and solid, they were sliding all over the place,
    "we muct be close" she said, nearing a sealed off grove,
    "It could be coming from there" Luneth suggested,
    "Well done" Ingus siad,
    "Shut-up" Luneth retorted,
    "GUYS! we need to be quiet!" Aliera hissed, and they approached the entrance to the grove

"Well, what are we waiting for?", she asked, walking carelessly towards the group. "Not afraid to go in are you?", she asked, readying her sword. She always portrayed a confident, yet careless personality, one detached from the situation, even when her true feelings didn't agree with this.

Aliera gritted her teeth, preparing for an ambush, she burst through into the grove, screaming a battle cry, pointing her sword around she waited,
    "Huh?" Luneth said, he had followed
    "There's nothing here" Arc said,
    "All that tension for nothing" Refia added
    "No," Aliera mutterd "there's somthing that we're missing, something is here alright"

She slowly fallowed the group into a clearing in the forest. She looked around, not seeing any source of the cold.

"How can you hope to fulfill your mission, if you can not pass such a simple test?", a deep voice echoed.

"No... it can't be... Abaddon?", she asked aloud. There was no answer. She looked to the others, none of them seemed to have noticed the voice... maybe it was all in her head... it wouldn't be the first time his voice has plagued her mind.

(I'm so sorry that I haven't replied! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG exams! I will try but be prepared for spaced out replies!)

Aliera looked around nervously, she was sure that there was something she was missing, shivering in the cold she prepared herself for a battle, her stance was of a defensive nature and her stare was as cold as the ice she was standing on, she knew that something was here, she looked across at Lailah and noticed that the girl was having some sort of silent battle with herself, Aliera shook it off, she was focusing on the mission at hand...

(apologies, I meant to VM you again about leading the encounter more before I posted, but ended up forgetting about this all together. Really though, you'll want to use the omniscient narrative to explain what we're up against so I can also adequately prepare for it.)

She stayed still, deathly silent. Her eye half open, not focused on anything. She seemed to gaze through reality, as if she was just barely still a part of this world, while her mind was elsewhere. Even in this state, her body maintained a rigid, textbook perfect fighting stance, less personalized than her usual form. Her body was ready for combat only because she had been trained to be battle ready at all times. Even in her absentminded state, her body's will to fight was ever present. It was unlikely her new companions would even notice how far away from reality her mind was by now.

She envisioned a vast graveyard, stretching as far as the eye could see. Headstones without names blanketed the ground. It seemed even in this vast cemetery, there wasn't enough room for the deceased, because human bones lay scattered throughout the area, a disproportionate amount of them skulls. A path twisted through the headstones, leading through the desolate plane of the dead. A few black birds flew overhead, in the cloudless night sky, the full moon visible in the sky, though it seemed very far away. She heard the sound of vile laughter. Her heart beat cold, terror seethed within her, as it never had before as the laughter grew louder... he was getting closer. She'd always had a healthy fear of her father, but never like this. Somehow she could feel the intent to kill. It was that murderous intent more than the laughter that she ran from, following the path through the graveyard. No matter how fast she travelled, the laughter continued to grow louder. Eventually the graveyard came to an end, a cliff that seemed to come out of nowhere, she hadn't seen it coming up, bit suddenly she had gone over it, continuing along the path that reached beyond the world's end. As she ran further, the moon in the sky grew ever larger. As the sickening laughter reached its crescendo, she saw a small, floating mass of land, with a single withered tree. As soon as she looked upon it, the laughter fell silent. Just a moment ago, she would have given anything to be free from that terrible laughter... but now, in the deathly silence of this lonely place, so distant from reality... all she wanted was not to be alone. Even her father would've been better than being here all alone. Something about the island seemed... wrong, somehow. She turned, looking at the path she'd travelled to reach this place, but could see nothing in the distance. The cliff, and the graveyard beyond it were far from sight, the path seemed to fade away into the darkness at the edge of her range of vision. There weren't even any stars in the sky in that direction. She swallowed hard, trying to gather up her courage to move forward, to investigate the island. She made her way, slowly towards it. It grew colder as she drew nearer. Finally she could see it, laying there on that lonely, forgotten rock, were five armored skeletons. The armor belonged to her new companions. These were their bodies... Her breathing quickly became erratic, as she lost her composure. She turned to run away, but as soon as she'd turned, Abaddon stood, his face mere inches from hers, blood running from his mouth as he laughed that wicked laugh once more.

Snapped back into reality by sheer terror, she recoiled into a defensive stance with a slight whimper. In the span of a few moments in real time, this composed warrior was reduced to a gibbering mess. "Show yourself!", she demanded, though her voice was nothing like the authoritative tone she'd conveyed before. Something was terribly wrong here...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3