Thread: Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?

Registered User Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? Aadria's Avatar

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?

Gotta love The Doors.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone.
    About me:
    My name is Aadria. I'm 17 and from the incredibly dull Midwest. Woohoo! (insert sarcasm)
    I'm a senior in high school and plan to go to college in either Chicago, IL or Denver, CO to get an Associate's in Baking in Pastry so that I can one day open my own bakery.
    If I'm not gaming or baking, I'm usually reading, so let me know if you find any phenomenal books! My favorite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. READ IT!

As for gaming:
    My favorite game of all time is, without a doubt or hesitation, Final Fantasy IX. There's no beating it.
    As for other games, I own and am working on playing through ALMOST all of the other Final Fantasy games (referring to the original games, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, 13, not off-shoots. Yet.) I also LOVE Chrono Trigger, any and all Spyro games, Golden Sun (can't WAIT for Golden Sun 3!!) and Empire Earth. Mortal Kombat is always an awesome game for a little bit of stress relief, too. I like pretty much every Strategy and/or RPG game I've ever played.
    Currently, I am putting all of my efforts and feminine skills into obtaining a copy of Naughty Bear (who doesn't want to massacre teddy bears? I mean, seriously, come on!) And Neir looks positively amazing, too.
    Also, while fighting games aren't typically my style, recently I've putting most of my gaming time into learning to play Super Smash Brothers Melee, competitively, upon the demand of one of my best friends.

If you have any suggestions for games (especially for PSP; I just bought one, mainly for Crisis Core and Dissidia and don't know what else I'm going to do with it) let me know. I love trying new games (and books. and recipes) out.

Re: Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you; girl we couldn't get much higher.

or you could:

Show me the way to the next whiskey bar. Oh don't ask why, oh don't ask why. For if we don't find the next whiskey bar; I tell you we must die, I tell you, I tell you, I tell you we must die!

Ok enough of that. Love the thread title. I was hoping it was a doors reference. Pretty impressive being 17 and a fan of the doors but then again I was too haha.

I hope to see you around the forum, I like you already.

Happy posting.

:edit: thanks now I am youtubing doors songs because I am to lazy to go to my car and get my CDs.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 07-30-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

#LOCKE4GOD Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Meier, Doors references are more than welcome.

What other music do you like?

Also, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep comes to mind for PSP suggestions. It's not out yet, but will be soonish. You could also try Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Somehow the combination of those two lyrics got Riders on the Storm stuck in my head... Well, thank you, I'm pretty proud of my taste in music, too. Always glad to find other Doors fans. I'll do my best to be active on here.

Ah, yeah I'd heard of a new Tactics coming out for PSP but haven't looked into it much. I feel like I need to play the first two Kingdom Hearts first (which I've been meaning to do, if I could just get my hands on my friend's copy lol)
    As for other music I like, pretty much all "oldies" can cheer me up. The Doors, The Cure, Beach Boys, The Beatles, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, David Bowie, Queen, Elton John, Jimi Hendrix, all amazing bands. And of course, the kings, Elvis and Michael Jackson. Also, I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family can't be beat, haha. As for the more contemporary side of music, Breaking Benjamin, The Killers, Disturbed, Phoenix, and Keane are among my favorites. I'm mostly an alternative kinda girl.

#LOCKE4GOD Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You had me at The Cure... and then everything else (with the notable exception of Disturbed, but nobody's perfect ).

But really, I love The Cure. If you stick around, I'm always up for a chat about music.

EDIT: Oh and you like FFIX the most? This just gets better.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-30-2010 at 10:12 PM.

There's no question, it's not humanly possible to NOT like The Cure. As for Disturbed, they were the first rock band I ever heard and then saw live, and that was back when they were more impressive, musically. They've fallen down my list quite a lot, but seeing as they hold my rock concert virginity, I must give them credit. I'd be happy to have a musical discussion with you, haha.
    Once again, no question, of course FFIX is the best. How can you not love a game with a lovable and witty monkey-thief as the main man? Not to mention Freya's badassery... Come on.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? Polk's Avatar

Ooh, another Midwesterner. And I understand all of the dullness, I'm from Wisconsin. Anyway, welcome, and all that stuff. It's not everyday you meet someone who's into both baking and classic MK games.

If we're talking PSP games, I got a lot of mileage from the PSP God of War game (can't remember the actual title of the game) if you're into that sort of stuff.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? Joe's Avatar

Oh snap, a woman who likes Blue Oyster Cult, The Doors, Disturbed, and Final Fantasy?
    Next thing you know you'll be telling me you like Shin Megami Tenshi games.

Anyway, welcome to TFF and all that jazz. I'm the sites resident super cool lurker. Watch out for Polk, he seems to have a strange fascination with roofies xD
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

I'll have to look into God of War, the PS2 one entertained me for several days. Never beat it, though...
    Actually, I've never heard of the Shin Megami Tenshi games. But ooooh, I looked up some gameplay videos and now I want to try it out. Kinda makes me think of a .hack sorta setup.
    Thanks for the welcomes but oh, roofies...? Dunno how I feel about that, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEMO
    Watch out for Polk, he seems to have a strange fascination with roofies xD
    Who doesn't? I mean, come on, that crap it useful.

Um...HI. Welcome to the forums yadda yadda. Seriously, just jump in there and post around. It's like a cold pool. You'll get used to it faster if you just dunk in and have fun sooner. *thumbs up*

Blog Entries

HEY POLK THANKS FOR GOING TO WARPED WITH ME YESTERDAY.

Welcome to tff! IMO, even though the midwest is the most boring place in the US, we have the best members here Stay awhile and chill with us!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Haha, will do : )