Thread: Your Goals

Your Goals

I can't remember if there's a topic like this already, I know we have like two "what's your job" threads, but what's everyone going to school for ( if you're attending) and what's your dream job?

and if you're not in school or finished are you doing something along the lines of what you had originally set out to?

or is the what you're doing now not what you had planned, but better than you thought it would be?

I don't know specifically what I want to do just yet, I have to get an idea though, come fall session. I'm taking fine/ media art classes plus classes for transfer ( I'm in community collage ) and it kind of sucks not knowing where I want to transfer to. It makes it harder to choose classes, so to play it safe I'm trying to get all my English and Math out of the way so I can take all the fun stuff after.

As for dream job, I can't say yet lol something involving character design or design in general, game art, anything creative.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 06-14-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

Re: Your Goals

My goal is to eventually own my own business, or something like that. It will be hard work at first, but I think it will pay off in the end when I can have my own hours, come in when I want, and have a lot of time to myself.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Registered User Your Goals winterborn86's Avatar

When I was at school I wanted to be a vet, unfortunatly due to home problems I moved away and never got to attend 6th form and go on to uni.
    I then decided to do childcare but that didn't work out as the course I was on was useless, 2 years working in a 1st school for my experiance placement and I was only givin 1 peice of course work, I could never get in touch with the office of my course, total crap they were, so I had to get a weekend shop job because I wasn't coping on my training income, then I ended up pregnant so had to leave both places. My goal or the future is to go back into works once my youngest starts full time school.

Right now tho, I'm attending a family arts course, so my goals (which I was writting up at todays session) is too gain new artist skills, by doing things I've never dome before. Also in september I'm goin to be starting an adults numeracy and literacy courses, upon completing the courses I will gain a GCSE grade, so thats another goal of mine, to get better grades than I did in school

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Certified tech, come at me! Your Goals SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Goals eh? ...lets see... I'm taking GED classes at a first baptist church. Pretty soon in July i'm going to get into a chef training program and i'm going to be a chef for a Hyatt place over in Orlando and I'll learn how to prepare the food and the techniques along with that. I eventually hope to get into a tech school and learn in the ways of the computer field and eventually get into a job in that position. I also am thinking about getting a job as a game tester or some other field in that area but that may not happen. Thats about it for now.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

I have no goals. I'm kind of floating around aimlessly right now, which pretty much sucks. I want to go back to school, but I don't know for what. But what I'm doing right now isn't going to cut it in the long run. Every once in a while, I'll be like, "I'm gonna join the coast guard!" or "I'm gonna be a wildlands fireman!" or "I'm gonna go back to school!" or "I'm gonna work on the internet!" or "I'm gonna be a priest!" or "I'm gonna write a book!" ...and then I don't do those things. Kinda lame. My latest idea that I probably won't do; join the Airforce. Particularly now that I just got a kitten. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

Ultimately I'd like to get my degree in Business Administration. I've currently got like 2 years left because being a super senior is badass lol. After I get my Batchelor's degree in that, I'm immediately going for my master's degree in B.A., which will take another 4 semesters (one of them is a summer semester so it's like 1.5 years total), which will allow me to have an emphasis on working in a healthcare field, and combined with my experience and references, hopefully I can get a decent to high paying job either at a hospital or a pharmaceutical rep or something similar. I still have a lot of flexibility though in my class schedule so if I really wanted to make money I could take some Actuary-minded classes and make bank straight out of college.

I still like what I am doing right now though, which is working with special needs children. Maybe I could be an administrator of a similar organization someday.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

I recently fulfilled a major goal of mine -- getting invited to study post-graduate Urban Geography. I've still got to complete my undergraduate degree (1.5 years left), but now that I have a guaranteed spot, I can relax a bit. I'm changing around my courses, adding in more Economics and Statistics, to prepare for it. It'll be hard work, but it's the only way to get to my 'dream job', which is working in an academic institution. I'd also like to study overseas at some stage, hopefully in Europe, but language could be an issue, so maybe in the USA.

The Lone Dagger Your Goals Xithor's Avatar

I am pursuing a degree in Biology right now, I have one year left in my undergraduate studies and I'm concentrating as a Pre-medicine field so yes I am trying to get into Med school next fall which is quite a task. Right now I'm studying for my MCAT and it is really destroying me at the moment but I'm trying to stay optimistic because I really have a passion for being a doctor and I want to try and fulfill that goal.

You always have to have a back up plan as I've already learned from trying to make it in professional baseball not panning out after playing college ball so now I have a back up plan to the back up plan haha. If I can't get into med school, meaning I don't score well enough on the MCAT this August I'll be applying to Physician's Assistant school, once again in the Health field so I think you can predict what field most interests me haha. I'm gonna work in the Health field in some capacity, that I know for sure.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Your Goals Polk's Avatar

When I grow up, I want to be Che chad he is my hero and he's big and he's strong and he's really super good at bass.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    When I grow up, I want to be Che chad he is my hero and he's big and he's strong and he's really super good at bass.
    How the HELL did you find my youtube vids? o.o

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

My goals is to pay off my medical bills, credit card bills and the car I own. Then it's save save save.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just finishing college now. My goals after that are to take on perhaps some more A-Levels, and I want to find part-time work somewhere.

I need to start saving up money for a few things. I need some money aside for university, if I do decide to go, and money towards a holiday I want to take to visit Vicky and Joey. If there's anything left over (I'm hoping so anyway, seeing as I am pretty good with managing money), it'll be spent on entertainment, like games and books to occupy my evenings.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I plan to get a degree in Nursing when I finish college. After a year or two of working at a hospital, I will go back to school and become a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Several years later, I will take courses in Graphic Design so I can pursue my artistic endeavors on the side while I'm busy being a hero. Haha.

I want to be a better artist.

I want to master the bass guitar, own the groove, and be able to make the ladies dance.

Finally, I want the girl I'm interested in to become my main squeeze!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Your Goals Xanatos's Avatar

Unfortunately, my dream job is far away from here, and it seems I don't have enough talent and money for it, so I'm working on my second goal right now. I always wanted to be a civil engineer, it interesting and furthermore challenging job I know great deal about, after all I'm already a building technician but I want more than that, though it will be really hard.

I'm probably on the hardest but most prestige college in country. right now I have difficulties and I have intention to transfer myself to another college, I'll study the same subjects and probably have easier time, though it doesn't have the same reputation as previous one. I really want to work this out, luckily I have understanding parents who recognize my effort ,and support me all the way, I just hope I wont let them down.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

Well, after drifting rather aimlessly for five years I'm finally taking a shot at college. Going to start at the local community college so I can keep working at my current job while I figure out what I'm doing, then transfer. That's the current plan, anyways. I put my major down as general studies for now but I think I want to try doing something in criminal forensics.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Registered User Your Goals Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

"what's everyone going to school for ( if you're attending) and what's your dream job?"

At school, i take maths, english (Compulsory), Spanish, Technology mechanical engineering, and science. . .

When i finish my studies at school, i want to become a weapons technician in the NZ Navy.
    Every since i was about ten, i wanted to be in the forces, originally a soldier, but my dad told me that you have a 3% chance of surviving on the battle field, so i discarded that idea almost immediately. The airforce is still good, and reasonably safe, but i just did'nt wanna come falling out of the sky, so i settled with the Navy =) .

My dream job would probably be one where i could do something i really loved, or enjjoyed and get payed lots for it , like Testing unreleased video games, or being an artist or something. Also i think it might be pretty cool to programme games asweel, but i think making guns/bombs etc and testing them out would be awsome, so i settle with that as my dream job.

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Blog Entries

My goals are really up in the air at the moment. With the economy in the lovely state that it's in, the city and state really don't have the money to hire new police officers. Ideally, I'd go through the NYPD academy, become an officer, and then work my way up. A 4 year degree is pretty uncommon, as is common sense. With these two things, my opportunities are pretty limitless. Depending on how my career would unfold, I'd either put in my 20 years, and retire from the force with a half salary/ year pension and full benefits for life. After that, I'd take on some kind of consulting job for a security company. Good salary from that, plus my pension= set for life.

The other alternative would be making detective, where the job wouldn't be as physically demanding as I got older, but it would be tougher in general. I could do that for longer than 20 years, and maybe keep trying to rise up in the ranks. Realistically, I can see this happening, but I won't know how things will be until the city gets their shit together.

I'd get a nice house out on the Island, a Ford F-150, and I'd be very very happy.
    Last edited by Pete; 06-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

My goals? I brag, but mine are easier to hit than all of yours... lol. I want to own a house and live in relative comfort to the end of my days. The "relative comfort" will inevitably include Taoistic meditation, drug use, sex, books, booze, games and one room painted completely black with black lazyboy furniture.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Registered User Your Goals Dimi's Avatar

I just finished my first year of college and am hoping to transfer to a university by fall of next year. I also want to go to a university not far from the beach. I love the beach!

Ideally, I want to finish school within the next three or four years. After that, I really want to travel and see the world. The way I see it, I'm young and I have my whole life ahead of me. Why not start by exploring what's out there? Money's the issue though. Its probably too early to think about grad school but that's an option I might consider.

Registered User Your Goals

I'd like to have a piece of writing published somewhere. That's what I really want to do.
    I'd also like to study History at uni (which I'll hopefully be starting this October) as well as study literature at some point.
    As well, I'd like to travel and see as much of the world as possible. Or as much of the world as I can without lots of injections. xD