Thread: "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!"

beep boop. "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!"

"You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!"

I haven't seen one of these for.. a while.

I enjoy cooking. I actually tried my hand at making sushi. Didn't work out too well considering it takes a while to get your rice up to snuff, despite reading the recipe. OH, and patience. God.. the patience of cleaning the damn short-grain rice thoroughly. For-e-ver.

Aside from that, I've tried my hand at samosas and they turned out pretty well. I love Indian food. It's one of those foods that always has a homey feeling to it. Warm and rich, haha.

For the most part, I make soups. Especially during the winter, I mean, come on. It's not Christmas unless you've got hot soup or hot cocoa (Stephen's Dark Chocolate cocoa, get it. It's Christmas magic in a cup.). Potato and leek, ham & potato, ham & beans (ye old mormon recipe.), etc. Love it.

So, there! Tell me what you cook =D!
    turd burglar.

I personally love to cook, I usually won't let my wife cook but I will let her help haha. My mom taught me how to cook when I was really young, then I worked for goldies patio grill (burger joint) for a couple of years and then I moved on to a 5-star steak house named mollies landing. Some of my favorite things to cook would be:
    Shirp Scampi
    Baked chicked with Sautee mushrooms and tomatos on top white rice mixed in with creamy sauce
    Steak
    Homemade sloppy joes - I am a big kid at heart.
    I make a mean potato soup
    Cajun Foods are always fun.
    Anything traditional mexican or chineese

Realy this list can go on for a long time, exspecially if I decided to list out the last 3 on my list.

I am just wondering if it would be good idea to start a recipie exchange here on TFF, we did that at my work and I actually got some good recipies out of the deal.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" winterborn86's Avatar
    Ooooh i LOVE to cook......well at least i try to cook

I normally cook pasta bake, chicken Tikka Marsala, and sunday roasts.
    My latest cooing attempt had been to make a shepherds pie, my 1st attempt wasn't to bad, it smelled and tasted really good but the problem was that when i put the mash potatoes on top it kind of sank into the mince mixture lol , Im actually trying my 2nd attempt right now and so far so good the mash stayed on top this time

Also i like to bake, so far I've mastered Iced cakes, Sultana cakes and chocolate brownies, i did try chocolate pretzels but i couldn't get the dough mixture right. Im going to have a go at chocolate chip cookies soon and try a jam sponge, wish me luck lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I'm studying cookery right now and I think I'm pretty good at it.

My speciality appears to be Italian, but I try my hand at anything. However, I don't really want to work in a restaurant. I think I would be really bad with quick deadlines. I'd prefer to own a bakery... I'm really good at baking pies, cakes and cookies.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Ah man, I'm so lazy with cooking. I find it tedious and I hate the time it takes... I just want to eat. Though I do appreciate the result when I take time and care with cooking something.

I'd probably enjoy cooking more if I didn't have such little time on my hands and could take more time with my cooking when I do cook.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

who's been touching my materia? "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" Fang's Avatar
    I have been cooking for about month. I am in love!!! I love to cook. It makes me feel great. The best thing that I have made so far is Cajun Chicken Pasta and Chocolate cake.They are so good. I got the idea for them at the restaurant. I always order them when I go in. So one night after eating them, I decided to get some books..

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" Tallulah's Avatar
    I made lemon sole in white wine and dill sauce in under 30 minutes. I was quite surprised how easy it was.

I also like to bake. I made banana bread the other day. Not up to my usual standard; the bananas weren't ripe enough.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love cooking! I like the prep parts, the actual cooking, and making it look good on a plate! As well as tasting good, its gotta look good to me. It shows that more thought and heart went into it.

I love cooking Cottage Pie, Spag Bol and Prawn Jalfrazi with rice! I like working with hot and spicy foods too. Which reminds me! I have wusabi... O_O

My favourite meal I've ever cooked was Steamed veggies in plum sauce... I didn't make the plum sauce, but still. Only took about 20-30mins - I can't stand soggy veggies. They gotta have a crunch on them.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

x-Anonymous-x
    i only know how to fry food or put them in a microwave..XD

but still...i'm trying my best to learn how to cook..

hehehe...

I love to cook. It's best when there are lots of people and they all help you cook. That is my favorite part of parties. Have people go out to my garden get some fresh vegies and then figure out what we want to make. That is such a good feeling cooking with people. My favorite dish is Chile Relleno.

i love cooking, my family is italian and taught me al the family recipies. i love to cook italian food, and sometimes i try oriental but im not as good at that.

i worked at carabas as a bus boy and told of my cooking experience and they accually put me on chef duty a couple of times which was fun.

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

I'm not bad cooking - just hand me a recipe and ingredients and I can whip up something pretty good

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" Lithium's Avatar
    I love to cook it is one of my 'few' passions and one of the 'few' things I am good at.

At one time I tried to make my own version of Laffy Taffy out of a bunch of things out of my cupboard, and I was juast randomly throwing things in, and believe it or not, it actually worked. Although it became solid as a rock after 20 minutes, so I had to get rid of the rest of it.

Although I may love to cook, and I am sorta of good at it, I am not the best. Due to the fact I nearly set the damn place on fire baking a cake once. The batter flowed over the top and got to the bottom of the oven and I get it decided to burst into flames. And yeah.

But other than that it is just grand! Haha!
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

Dr. Prof. Failstrom "You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" Dr_Flea's Avatar
    Im a Chef and cooking is great. i mean the best bit is that u start with a bunch of ingrdients and when you've finished you end up with somthing that tastes great.......or not somtimes

what are some of your favorite chefs?

I'm fed up with cooking. I finished half of Culinary School, and worked for 3 years in kitchens before recently making the decision to switch majors and go for Network IT. I'll probably continue to cook as a job since I'm good at it and it pays better than most other things I can get my hands on right now; but once I'm out of school I'll never look back.

These days I'm only happy about cooking when I can go off on my own, just me, a prep list, and my lovely knife, and prep shit. Sadly prep cook jobs pay like shit, since Mexicans can do it for dirt cheap and there's no real "high end" prep jobs in restaurants, since 90% of it is grunt work, not the stuff I'm used to doing, being full station prep, cleaning fish, preparing sauces, not peeling carrots and potatoes and cleaning skrimps.

AAAANYWHORE, I like cooking around my house from time to time, and for other people, but I cant' be bothered 90% of the time as my kitchen is laid out like shit and my mother can't stop putting shit in the way, I can never find what I need, I HATE electric stovetops with an insurmountable passion, all my pans suck, my sink is tiny, my hood build into the microwave over the stove is annoyingly loud, my oven has shit for convection...... I can go on and on on this.

@ the guy above me; you're not a chef. You don't even know what that word means.

Edit: Damnit Melanie, now I want soup. Ham and Gouda Chowder ftmfw. Or Cream of Garlic... or French Onion... *drool*
    Last edited by Sean; 08-18-2008 at 05:43 AM.

"You like to cook?" "I LOVE TO COOK!" Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    I can only cook noodles....Actually I just add some hot water...But that's cooking too

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer