Thread: Yodo

Blog Entries

Yodo

Faced with a almost-certain deathly experience, what do you do?

Example: You're in a plane. Engines cut out. Plane starts plummeting. Nothing you can do but wait until the inevitable. What do you do?

Freak out? Kiss the nearest stranger? Watch your life flash before your eyes? Kill a man just because you've subconsciously always wanted to but social norms and a prison sentence have prevented you from doing this... until now? (That escalated quickly.)

Simply, how do you think you'd react if you had time (say, a minute) to reflect before dying instantly?

Death is not a certainty. If you have a moment to react, then you have a moment to save your own life. I'll use the airplane crash as an example. The plane is in a nosedive and there's no hope. It's going to crash, and everybody on board will die. But wait! Did we forget about emergency procedures? The seat cushion acts as a flotation device, so you simply grab your seat cushion, pop the emergency hatch, and allow yourself to be sucked out of the airplane. Then you simply hang on to your seat cushion for dear life, and you'll float gently to the ground.

The point I'm trying to make is that humans are animals, and like every animal, when faced with a life-threatening situation, our natural instinct is to stay alive no matter what. So faced with a life-threatening situation, the best option for survival would be to allow instinct to take over. It's not a certainty that you'll survive, but it increases your chances.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I'd act rashly and kiss the stranger next to me, or murder someone because yololol. Even if it was hopeless, I'd let my instincts take over and find a way to prevent my death. I'm going to die if I just sit there, but if there was a small chance I could still survive, I'd take it. 0.01% of a chance is still a chance.

I suppose.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Probably end up dieing before you make any decision.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Can we have like, different scenarios other than the plane? Perhaps we would react differently to different scenarios?

You walk into a cave, moments later you realize there is a pack of cub wolves, all of a sudden you hear snarling behind you, more wolves walking into the cave.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    You walk into a cave, moments later you realize there is a pack of cub wolves, all of a sudden you hear snarling behind you, more wolves walking into the cave.
    Hmm.. thats a pretty grim situation. Perhaps i deserve to die if I walk into a wolves den in the first place. But honestly, I would roar as loud as I possibly could to assert my dominance. thats my attempt at trying to save my own life. By roaring. On an instictual level, animals understand what that means. Its either A.) you are challenging them or B.) you are letting them know whos boss. Hopefully in that situation the Alpha is somewhere else. In which case, I will then be recognized as the alpha by my alpha roar and when the alpha does return, ill already be screwin his bitch and ordering the beta's to attack him. King of Wolves.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^THE KING IN THE NORTH!

But yeah. I might not have enough time to make a decision. But I'd be too stubborn to accept my fate in that manner, and I'd rather run for the nearest parachute in a vain attempt at survival, than dare humiliate myself by praying to a God I don't believe in. I mean, imagine if I lived after that. *shudder*

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Mad God Yodo Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'd try to see if I could kill everyone before the plane actually crashed. I'll show that plane who's the REAL disaster.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    That's an easy situation to survive. Just run. If you're scared of death, then adrenaline will carry you to safety.

Honestly, I think we originally went with the plane crash scenario because that is the only conceivable way for anybody to die instantly. You know, because 9/11.

And you would not end up dying before making a decision. Adrenaline would speed up cognitive processes, increasing reaction time. The fear of death can save your life as long as you embrace it.