Thread: And the winner is...

And the winner is...

So I just happened to win a free DVD courtesy a Funimation drawing.

I really can't recall a time I EVER won anything in one of these. Makes me excited.

Has anyone ever had any experience winning anything in drawings, lotteries, or raffles?

The Quiet One And the winner is... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Cain, what did you win? Do you get to select something or do they pick for you? Some One Piece box sets perhaps? ^^

I've entered a couple of those drawings type things. I did it for Newtype magazine when they were still running since they had some good stuff up for drawing, but never won.

The only time I've ever won anything in a drawing or lottery was, actually twice now that I remember. The first was 6th grade. Everyone's name was put in for a drawing and I ended up winning the grand prize which was $20. A couple people joked that I'd be getting jumped after school for the money, but it was $20. I think I took like a year to actually spend it, I was an extremely frugal child.

The other was at a SIGGRAPH drawing where all of the volunteers had their names in a drawing for prizes. Which was actually a really nice drawing too since new versions of Maya, Max and Lightwave were all up as the big prizes. For anyone that knows how much those go for, that's pretty substantial. I ended up with a knock-off 3D kit that was like $500 retail, still not bad. But I really hoped for Maya. ^^ But who wouldn't hope to get a free non-pirated copy of Maya. That was would be totally awesome. But it was pretty nice, all of the companies at SIGGRAPH donated something to the drawing since it was us volunteers that helped out in the show and were all planning to get into the media industry anyway.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User And the winner is...
    Wow, that is pretty cool!

As for myself, I've never won anything awesome, but a couple family members of mine have. I'll start with what I won.

I won a cake in a cake walk. There was a fall festival at my school, and one of the games was a "cake walk". You walked around a circle that had numbers while the host played music. When the music stopped, you stopped as well. The host would draw a number, and the person who had that number won a cake. I won that round. I think I was six or something. I remember being really happy, BECAUSE IT WAS CAKE!!!

That's the only time I can remember winning something. As for my family, two stories come to mind:

The first one is that my second youngest brother won a pretty expensive-looking ring in a drawing. He gave it to my mom as a gift. I thought that was nice of him, but then again, it wouldn't have looked good on him anyway!

Next story is a good one. It's sort of funny. Two years ago, my little cousin wanted a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. She got one from Santa Claus, and she was happy. Well, when school came back in session, there was a drawing to win a Nintendo Wii or a DS lite. There was only one drawing tumbler, so you had a chance to win either one. She put her name in, hoping her name would be pulled when the DS prize was to be announced. Well, her name was called as the winner of the Nintendo Wii. Other kids were pretty jealous of her since she got one for Christmas, and now she had this new one as well. She sold of the extra one, so she has only the one she got for Christmas now.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Bananarama And the winner is... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've won a few dollars on lottery scratch off tickets before. I would always buy ONE when I was dead broke and in between paychecks in college. Usually, I'd win my dollar back, and I'd repeat the process until I won at least $10 on a single ticket. Gas money!

Other than that, I've never won one of those lottery things. I've won the March Madness Pick Em brackets amongst friends before, which I guess is a luck thing, since you need to pick the main teams correctly.

My dad almost won 36 million dollars in the state lottery once. He hit 5 of 6 numbers, but only managed to win about $2500 from it. It was incredibly bittersweet. The kicker was that my dad always played his birthday (the 24th) as the power ball or whatever the bonus number is called. The day before, my mom said she was feeling lucky, so my dad decided to use her birthday (the 23rd) for it. I don't think I've ever seen my mom look so guilty in her entire life haha.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Death Before Dishonor And the winner is... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am a rather unlucky individual, therefore I usually don't win anything. Congrats to you for winning something though. The only lottery I have ever one was my first stratch off when I first turned 18. I won 50 bucks, man was I pumped so I bought two more, didn't win anything. By the time I was done the 50 bucks I won had been spent on more scratch-offs. Let that be a lesson to everyone when they turn 18, quit while you're ahead.

I entered a contest a few weeks ago at Finish Line at my local mall. It was a drawing for a free Dj Hero game. I lost but a friend of mine won, so luckily I can go and play it whenever(good game by the way, I thought it would suck personally)...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries
    I won a cake from a cake walk in elementary school too. I'd forgotten about it until Dodie mentioned winning one. I think it was on or near my birthday, too. Was so long ago I just don't remember.

Also won a composition notebook in a high school science class once. Not quite as exciting but at least I didn't have to buy one to use for the lab reports.

That's all I can remember, I'm not a particularly lucky person. Perhaps I just don't have favorable karma, or something.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I won a radio contest for two Vampire Weekend tickets. I hate the band, so I intended to sell them until a girl with a large bosom talked about how much she liked them. She wanted to go with me, so it was arranged, but when it was made clear I would not get to see said bosom, I sold the tickets.

When I was a kid I won this basketball toy game.

I once won a towel from gatorade caps.

That's all I remember.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I've won a school raffle for two Rams tickets in 1997.

I won a raffle at a department store for a bike. It was a piece of shit.

I've won various amounts of money from lottery tickets or raffle tickets, but it's not much of a profit since it mostly got put back in.

I once won tickets for a pre-screening Star Wars Episode II from a radio station.

The Bad Boy of TFF And the winner is... Block's Avatar
    When I was 10 I called in during an episode of Animaniacs on a Saturday morning and won a tape (that's right tape) of the Power Rangers movie. They unfortunately never sent me anything.

The Bad Boy of TFF And the winner is... Block's Avatar

Re: And the winner is...

I win at life pretty regularly.

This ain't no place for no hero And the winner is... Tiffany's Avatar

I won a Mary Kay bag (similar to Avon) when I was a kid. I don't think I can think of anything else that I've won.

My brother won an all expenses paid trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Jealous!

Che

Damn, I thought someone finally tallied the TFF awards votes.

Grats, though, Cain! <3

Death Before Dishonor And the winner is... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bought three $2 scratch-off tickets yesterday an won on all.

2 had free tickets
    1 for $200

I was so happy

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The British Guy. And the winner is... Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I won a Rugby ball signed by all of the local rugby team which are like 2nd or 3rd best in the league they are called St.Helens RLFC and that is a year 6 prom raffle and the rugby ball was for a special event that will only happen once and i may be wrong but i think its one of a kind (we only got it because the player whose event it was had a daughter and she was in my class) so one day it may be worth a small fortune.

On holiday i won a bottle of wine when i was 13 a bit irresponsible of them to give it to me really but it was from my parents buying drinks and me saving up tickets. One of the numbers got called out and i shouted Bingo (i was young, it felt right)
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Registered User And the winner is... CloudvsLightning's Avatar

I won a couple of art contests in elementary school as well as some Ice Dog tickets. Since then my luck when it comes to winning anything has gone down the drain.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."