Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When did TFF become so... unfriendly?

TFF's Token Imp When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When did TFF become so... unfriendly?

Honestly I might just be being paranoid but as I go through some of the threads these days there just seems to be an atmosphere of hostility. Where on earth did that come from? I thought this place was calm and respectable but people just off at the drop of a hat.

I admit I've snapped back on occasion and that doesn't help but maybe we should calm it down a little?
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries
    Seeing as some of us have been here for quite a while, it seems we have no trouble expressing our strong - if not controversial - beliefs. It may be creepy and hostile, but the way I see it, we're still one big, somewhat happy family
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Mystyrion
    Eh, I don't see it that often.
    I mean, a lot of the discussion goes on in the Intellectual Discussion forum, which is where I see most of the hostility. But that is expected, seeing as how all of us have different opinions.
    Everywhere else usually isn't that bad.

Gingersnap When did TFF become so... unfriendly? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're such a butthole, Martin.

NOBUTFORREAL... I think in most cases, it's meant to be taken lightheartedly. But I agree that sometimes it's hard to tell with certain people. Eventually, those people are phased out. Or banned. I haven't seen much of it lately, though. Am I missing something? Where the bitches at?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Xanatos's Avatar
    I guess I'm partially the reason you made this thread =P

I tend to be snarky during a discussion, it's just the way I am and why often I have to offer an apology, I rarely resort to direct insults, unless I'm dealing with a complete and utter idiot, that is. TFF had always it's fair share of hostility, during these three (almost four) years I've been here I've seen almost everything, even mods loosing their shit. In the end that shit always fades away.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

TFF's Token Imp When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    You're such a butthole, Martin.
    <3

I want this as a signature. Expect this to be my new message. :')

I think I might be being overly sensitive but the 80's and 90's gaming thread, I suppose a little hotheadedness with ID but that's hardly unusual.. I just wonder how it reads for other people, especially as with the new layout there's sort of an unofficial recruitment drive going on it's not going to look good to potential members is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I guess I'm partially the reason you made this thread =P

I tend to be snarky during a discussion, it's just the way I am and why often I have to offer an apology, I rarely resort to direct insults, unless I'm dealing with a complete and utter idiot, that is. TFF had always it's fair share of hostility, during these three (almost four) years I've been here I've seen almost everything, even mods loosing their shit. In the end that shit always fades away.
    Haha kind of. Indirectly but not really. I don't mind if you are snarky or anything.. I just kind of feel bad for the person on the other end! I don't have a problem with you at all, just want to make that clear. We all get riled by responses from time to time and I know I've done it myself but I just think we'd all get along better if we're more patient.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) When did TFF become so... unfriendly? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow. This thread is entirely too gay to function.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

I invented Go-Gurt. When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Clint's Avatar
    The reason why people are so hostile is because they are stupid.

Blog Entries
    There's always been hostility on TFF. I blame che because he's a ****. But yeah; people are grumpy. People can take out their hostilities here much easier because it's the internet, and they're never gonna meet most other members in real life, etc. Such is the internets. It doesn't seem like it happens here until you notice it probably because you're used to all the people here, but it's still present. Also, hostility creates drama, and drama is entertaining.

Bla blah blah, stuff you already know. Also, The Goddamn Clint Eastwood is probably right. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of hostility, Dodie16 may seem like a sweet girl, but in reality... oh man... I don't know what I got myself into, guys! Somebody SAVE me!!!

Boxer of the Galaxy When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Rowan's Avatar
    Talk about final fantasy for once, friggin losers. Oh btw there is no god I'm right your wrong bla blah purple monkey dishwasher.

Oh, and noone needs to be nice, just be civil.

Registered User When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Wow. This thread is entirely too gay to function.
    Hey, that's only okay when I say it.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For some reason, people get hotheaded when they discover someone has a different belief or view than them in here. Different people have different opinions, and that's life. I don't know why some members can't deal with that tbh.

Must be idiots. Or their drinking water.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

This ain't no place for no hero When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Tiffany's Avatar
    Its always been like this since I joined and that was 10 years ago.

I remember when there was a flaming forum and you got to literally go on and on and on about how stupid/idiotic/retarded/gay/whatever a person was. Wow. Where the hell did THAT area go? Not sure it was the greatest of ideas but man was it ever funny back in the day to watch people rip each other a new one. I dunno, TFF has never been a "kumbayah" type of forum IMO.

I just to be a bit wtf back in the day but at the end of the day it IS a forum and its far easier to be a **** behind a computer screen when you don't actually have to be physically accountable for what you say. I doubt that 98% of the beefs that happen in here would even occur if that was the case.

Boxer of the Galaxy When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Rowan's Avatar
    It pisses me off the idiots are the ones who always try take the moral high ground. Every fkn time.

This ain't no place for no hero When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Tiffany's Avatar
    Pretty sure there's something that pisses off everyone who's used this forum. It happens.

Ayyye When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My manly pheromones are causing mass waves of intense sexual arousal, causing every member to go into an intense rut. I apologize for the inconvenience and my nice ass.

I will admit, I am aggressive in discussions, but I mean no disrespect. Some people tend to get jealous of my genius and go on the offensive. But seriously, I haven't seen too much anger, just every once in awhile. The occasional ad hominem and shit. The best thing to do is ignore any post like that.

Let's all get high and have orgies on the moon and shit.

The Mad God When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I usually try to be nice. Admittedly, I'm not very good at it, but it's the thought that counts, right?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    For some reason, people get hotheaded when they discover someone has a different belief or view than them in here. Different people have different opinions, and that's life. I don't know why some members can't deal with that tbh.

Must be idiots. Or their drinking water.
    Or people trying to look smart to gain popularity, because they lack social skills in the real world. Lack of attention.

Blog Entries
    QUIT BEING SO ANGRY GUYS! Everybody give me a hug! I'm in Texas...

#LOCKE4GOD When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The real question is, why are self-referential TFF threads the most popular?

I hope nothing's gone down in ID. I was away in the mountains drinking fresh mountain water and being MANLY for three days.

Blog Entries
    REAL men drink fresh mountain ice

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    REAL men drink fresh mountain ice
    Bah, maybe in elementary school they did. REAL REAL men drink fresh mountains. That's right, the entire ****ing mountain. Rocks, trees, animals, all of it.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Real men...or real POKÈmen?

Only a REAL man would post this video!

Memento RK When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its because I stopped posting. Amirite?

Tbh I stopped reading posts because things started to get a little....for lack of a better term...silly. If you're finding that the forum is a little hectic, take a break. Will things change? Its unlikely, but at least you know there are some friendly people kicking around that will welcome you with open arms. This place never changes (except for the layout). Get used to it . Its why some people like this place.

Oh, and I appreciate honesty. Maybe people here are brutally honest
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Oh, and I appreciate honesty. Maybe people here are brutally honest
    Tbh, I don't see the harm of being honest. But I guess I prefer people telling the truth than being told a harmless white lie >.> <.<
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blog Entries
    The way I look at it, a lot of us have been here for years. Sometimes a lot of years. That means more than just time, it means more than a few of us have essentially grown up together. I was barely a teen when I first joined this forum. Now I'm 25. I may not talk to everyone personally, but I still "know" a lot of you through the many ups and downs of the times as witnessed by these forums. So while I'm not necessarily friends with everyone, there a certain sense of familiarity which I think other people feel as well. That can lead to what looks like hostility, but in reality is more akin to a familial squabble. And sometimes in the heat of the moment, people forget where the line is, just like out in meatspace. Only instead of fistfights you get flamewars.

And some people are just trolls. Sometimes they need to be kicked back under their bridges. That's life on the internet.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

HRH Albha When did TFF become so... unfriendly? Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    And some people are just trolls. Sometimes they need to be kicked back under their bridges. That's life on the internet.
    It's just them bloody kids.

*GENERIC ANGER COUPLED WITH UNDERLYING HOSTILITY AND A PINCH OF PASSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS TOWARDS MY FRIENDS THAT COULD BE MISINTERPRETED AS ME BEING MEAN*

So yeah, humans are mean to each other. And some people are obnoxious buggers that make everything look hostile.

A forum I once frequented had practically all threads function on an 'in' basis, all self-referential and in-jokes between members. Those people were tossers. We haven't reached that stage yet, but maybe sometimes our in-fighting could be seen as that? I actually have no idea what I'm writing any more. Please disregard it all.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Blog Entries
    I suppose it's possible, but that's the sort of thing you get with any community, not just forums. And some people may come off a certain way but after awhile you figure out they're not really mean or whatever, they just have that against the grain sort of personality. There are a few people here I don't consider to be "bad" or anything, but they definitely have their asshole moments. But then, we all do. Some of us are just less subtle about it.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

The biggest thing too is that a person's tone/intent is really hard to try and figure out through text on a screen. There's no emotion at all and even if you try and plaster the appropriate smilies to try and convey the tone it doesn't always work. So many times that's happened, someone loses their marbles over what they perceived as the intent and people bicker and fight for however many pages just to find out that there was a misunderstanding and they're actually of the same opinion.

I agree with DH's sentiment too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast