Thread: What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!)

Shake it like a polaroid picture What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) RagnaToad's Avatar

What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!)

What kind of drink do you prefer at what time of the day? Have a favourite brand of beer? What do you like with your dinner? What is the beverage you can't get enough of? Top 5 lists are not prohibited.

There's no beer like a Belgian beer so my favourite beers would be the following:

-LaChouffe
    -Duvel
    -Leffe (!!!)

Duvel is pretty famous though. It's somewhere around 7° and it has a heavy but slightly sweat taste to it. Most of you beer lovers will probably already know and like this one too.

LaChouffe is not nearly as famous. I doubt anyone of you will know it. It is approximately the same degree of alcohol as Duvel, but it gives a softer, fresher and sweeter impression.

Leffe is not something you should describe on a forum. Just buy it and if you don't like it, I hope you can read phonetic transcription: /sΛk mai bo:lz/

That's what I'm posting for now. Any comments on one of these? And what are your favourites?
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 07-12-2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Govinda
    Sunny afternoon outside, it's got to be Kopparberg pear cider. It's the nicest of the pear ciders by far, and I can drink it like water. Love it.

With dinner, wine. Not like Blue Nun wine, that's for getting pissed on and nothing else.

As for spirits, I'm a rum girl. A good spicy dark rum with lemonade, and I'm happy. Recently a friend of mine has been schooling me in the ways of bourbon, but nowhere around here sells my favourite, Four Roses, which is annoying.

My favourite drink has to be Zubrowka vodka though, with apple juice. Perfect for any occaision, and it tastes lovely. Zubrowka is Polish bison-grass vodka, and it's unlike any vodka I'd had before; there's no grease, it doesn't stick to your lips or burn your stomach. It just goes down easy. And tastes like apple pie.

Also, Ragnatoad, Stella Artois is really, really popular here. Because of the people who drink it, it's commonly referred to as Wifebeater.
    Last edited by Govinda; 06-24-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    Sunny afternoon outside, it's got to be Kopparberg pear cider. It's the nicest of the pear ciders by far, and I can drink it like water. Love it.
    ^ This . If i'm at a pub they tend to not have kopparberg so i'll have magners instead, for some reason i'm going off most beers now =o.

As far as spirits go Zubrowka vodka (shotted) and any decent whiskey straight with ice are firm favourites of mine . Martini's are awesome aswell, just not the stupid store bought pre-mixed ones...boo at them

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    That cider is lovely, especially when it's just come from the fridge. So refreshing... you could just drink it like water. =]

I like the lime flavoured Bacardi Breezers - the other flavours are too sickly or fruity. I like Smirnoff too, but only the plain one. I don't drink these all that often - last one I had must have been over three months ago.

Stella Artois is nice too. We tend to mix half a can of it with lemonade at home. Again, not something I drink all that often. Mainly when it gets really hot, and we don't want anything too strong or sickly.

When it comes to spirts, I like Courvosier and Coke. Nothing better. I don't know what it is about Courvosier (it's certainly not the price), but I love it. I also like the smokey taste of Jack Daniels and Coke. I drink a glass of Courvosier and Coke once or twice a week, usually on the weekend.

I like wine too, but couldn't name you one I really love.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I like pear ciders, and some apple ciders.

I'm not really very keen on the taste of alcohol, but having a pear cider whe it's moderately warm outside is pretty good. Good with BBQ's, too. I'm sick of BBQ's now though. I've been to three this year. If I ever see another BBQ grill, it'll be too soon.

But yeah, merrydown pear ciders' good.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Shake it like a polaroid picture What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Stella Artois is nice too. We tend to mix half a can of it with lemonade at home.
    that doesn't sound like something I would want to drink O_o

Beer with lemonade?

Nah.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    that doesn't sound like something I would want to drink O_o

Beer with lemonade?

Nah.
    It is actually quite nice. I'll be the first one to say it sounds weird, but it's nice. XD

The trick is to not put loads of lemonade in with it - it waters the beer down too much, and makes it taste like piss water (not that I know what piss water tastes like... but hopefully you'll get what I mean >>).

Tis goood.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Maridia
    For beer it varies. Guinness draught is the best overall. Which people love or hate, to me all I can taste is a smokey chocolate taste. The carbonation isn't too much like some beers either it's actually rather mellow and smooth. For second and third runner up would be heinekin and then magic hat 9. Heinekin just tastes like the perfect beer as for what most tastes like. I find it to be a better stella really. 9 is from a new England company called magic hat. It's sweeter for a beer but between those 3 I could cycle them and never he bored.

For liquor I won't drink anything straight except scotch. Bourbon overwhelms me and regular whiskey has too much bite. Johnny walker is really the way to if that's the case. Mixed with coke I'd drink either but scotch is still prefered. The best liquor drink that won't get old for me though is a cape codder. Fitting cause I live there but it'd just vodka and cranberry. You mix the cran with either goose or ciroque and Jesus it's heavenly smooth. Kahlua sombraros or white Russians also are nice if the ingrediants ate around.

As for wines I haven't had a ton but I mostly only like reds. The best wine I've ever tasted is red rock merlot, pick it up if you get a chance.

And if you like fruity type drinks strawberry magarita is key.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Rum:
    Coruba
    Captain Morgan

Both are very tasty with unique flavours. Captain Morgan strikes me as feeling a little more casual taste-wise but nothing beats tasting the barrel the Coruba was brewed in. ****ing ace.

Bourbon:
    Nelson County

I'll admit my love of Bourbon is a newer last couple of months thing so I haven't tried enough varieties of bourbon for me to hold much of an insight. Hell, until a few months ago I drank Jim Beam and very little else. So take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but my current bourbon of choice is Nelson County. It's got a good flavour, isn't too weak and the price is agreeable.

Beer:
    Tooheys Extra Dry/Platinum

I consider both of these (that is Tooheys Extra Dry and Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum) favourites as they're my common drink of choice and they taste fairly different to eachother. Despite Platinum's higher alcohol content it tastes a lot cleaner and sometimes I miss the less refined plain ol' TED. When recommending Australian beer to someone, I'd definetely recommend these.

Coronas
    Not exactly my favourite but they're decent enough and I always have a few lying around as I know several people (mostly security guards and occasionally wealthier people) who refuse to touch any beer but a Corona. The one thing I dislike about them is the price as compared to most beer here, they're considerably more expensive. It's not uncommon for a couple of six packs to cost as much as a case of TED.

Wine
    Riposte Pinot (and most pinot/pinot noir in general)

How would I describe it? Well...
    Liquid melancholy trapped in a bottle by the hands of a master. It is incredible and makes me feel kind of lax and peaceful while stirring emotion within. It also goes down well with meals when I have someone over.

Red spritzer
    Ned Kelly Red (Heavy or otherwise)

From what I know you can only buy these puppies online (google it as I get the feeling linking the site would be considered advertising) but these are damn tasty, refreshing and have a respectable alcohol content, especially the Heavy variant. Probably the only mixer drink I'm a huge fan of as generally I like my drinks in their purest form. These are AMAZING to put it mildly.
    victoria aut mors

Imperius Rex What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) Storm's Avatar
    Malibu (and coke). Complete womens drink, but its luuuuuurvely. I do love anything coconutty though. Malibu is quite nice with 7up or cloudy lemonade too. It's also quite good with chocolate milkshake (I get milkshake and doughnut cravings in the summer).

I like some ciders, the more fruity-tasting ones like Magners and Jaques. I'm not a fan of Strongbow.

Vodka and lemonade is nice, as long as the vodka isn't too overpowering. I don't really like drinking what tastes like pure ethanol! The mix in Smiroff Ice is just right. I do like the odd Smirnoff Ice. I'm not a fan of WKD as its gets a bit too sickly, however I want to try the Irn Bru one, as I love Irn Bru in all its yummy chemicallyness.

On an off-topic tangent, on the last day of Download my friend decided to mix Strongbow cider with a wine, then after a round of shouting "Buttscratcher" around the campsite we met some random bloke who poured some vodka and coke into the concoction. Needless to say it tasted really weird, although it didn't taste quite as bad as I thought it was! We did get rather pissed!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Beer.

Lots, and lots, and lots of beer.

I drink the cheap shit, like Busch draft for $4.50 a pitcher, or Bud Light bottles since I can buy them for <$1/ea in stores here...

But there's some good microbrews I"m into, Schlafly, a local, has a great summer lager seasonal and a great oktoberfest seasonal.

Guiness Draught is another favorite, Blue Moon... couple others that don't come to mind.

I'm more of a lager drinker, I'm not a big fan of the bitter ales. Bud Light is probably my most commonly consumed, because it's cheap and I can drink a freakin load of it without feeling like I just ate a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    On an off-topic tangent, on the last day of Download my friend decided to mix Strongbow cider with a wine, then after a round of shouting "Buttscratcher" around the campsite we met some random bloke who poured some vodka and coke into the concoction. Needless to say it tasted really weird, although it didn't taste quite as bad as I thought it was! We did get rather pissed!
    One word: nice.

And I'm so sure of it after today:

Leffe is the best beer ever made. Period.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 07-12-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Arachnie Suicide What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    I'm not very interesting, I'm afraid. I just love red wine. Tasty stuff there. Cab Sav's fantastic. I'll have that any old time, and it's great with food.

For something particularly light, I've lately been enjoying pink sherbert vodka cruisers. Yes, it's most likely the fourteen year old's drink of choice. But they're very nice and fairy-flossy, so I don't particularly care.

I love Baileys too. However, I'm lactose intolerant and can't have much of that. =(
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Asking all the personal questions. What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Beer:

I consider both of these (that is Tooheys Extra Dry and Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum) favourites as they're my common drink of choice and they taste fairly different to eachother. Despite Platinum's higher alcohol content it tastes a lot cleaner and sometimes I miss the less refined plain ol' TED. When recommending Australian beer to someone, I'd definetely recommend these.

Coronas
    Not exactly my favourite but they're decent enough and I always have a few lying around as I know several people (mostly security guards and occasionally wealthier people) who refuse to touch any beer but a Corona. The one thing I dislike about them is the price as compared to most beer here, they're considerably more expensive. It's not uncommon for a couple of six packs to cost as much as a case of TED.
    Hell yeah i have to agree there Silver.

My all time favourite drink is a shot which includes Green Chartreuse, Bacardi rum 151 and Tabasco sauce and i love it because all three ingredients burn like hell one burns the lips the other burns the mouth and the last burns the throat and then it all leaves you coughing like a wuss after you have had a shot.

Beer: Well of late i have been enjoying Tooheys extra dry and i like it because of the crisp clean taste of it it doesn't have a taste that lingers and eventually ends up tasting like ass or even metal like some of the other Tooheys does. I sometimes drink XXXX bitter although it doesn't have the smae enjoyable qualities as Tooheys extra dry it is my prefered heavy beer because i hat the others.
    Corona as well i like a bit of mexican beer with a wedge of lime or lemon which really makes every mouthful enjoyable but aftre a few i do tend to dislike the taste of them.

Rum- In winter i like to warm up with sum Triple distilled Bunderberg rum in glass it is my prefered winter drink when is is to bloody cold for a cold drink.

I also like a drop of Glenfidditch double malt scotch whiskey it has a sensual kick to it that sends goosebumps down my back when i drink it but it can be expensive so i don't drink it all the time.

I also enjoy my rum and scotch/whiskey with cola as well.

Sorry i don't do wine it is dry a bitter and i don't see how they can taste different flavours in that crap except ass haha anyway that is my opinion of course i am not knocking it i don't like it thats all.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Bananarama What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If its put in front of me, I'll drink it

As for beer, my biggest mainstay is Pabst Blue Ribbon. It goes for about 60 cents a can and it does the job. It's a good blue-collar beer, which is a nice way of saying it's pisswater, but it doesn't taste like corona or heineken, so I'm happy with it.

I'm also a fan of the various summer ales, mostly by Blue Moon and Samuel Adams. Both beers are lighter but still very flavorful, which is clutch for these hotter summer months. You can drink em, and not start sweating your balls off, like the heavier stuff.

As for liquor, it's all about whiskey and bourbon. Maker's Mark is a powerful strong bourbon, and it can knock you on your ass. It's got a strong flavor, but it's delicious. There's also old No. 7, Jack Daniels. It's a little lighter in flavor than Makers Mark, but still delicious. Both can knock you on your ass, and isn't that the name of the game?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
    Rum- In winter i like to warm up with sum Triple distilled Bunderberg rum in glass it is my prefered winter drink when is is to bloody cold for a cold drink.
    Tried Granny's (actual brand name) Bunderberg Rum fudge? If you like the rum I'd definetely recommend it to you, but either way it's mindblowing. And half the time they sell it in storess like Woolworths or Big W.
    victoria aut mors

Dr. Prof. Failstrom What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) Dr_Flea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Rum:
    Beer:

Coronas
    Thooeys Extra Dry is Awsome as are Caronas... but Caronas areexpensive like $60+ a carton!!

But mainly i drink Strongbow Apple Ciders. MMMMMMMM Which reminds me i have to buy some more.

Other beers:
    Hahn Super Dry
    Heinekens
    Amsterdam (Verdicts still out on that one though ive only had one and it was preety average)
    Coopers Pale Ale
    West End Draught (Only at my mates place though when he wants to get hammered for cheap)
    Guiness (Only 1 or at a push 2 in a session i get sick of the flavour!!)
    theres a few more than that but my minds gone Blank!!

I don't drink spirits or wine so yeh can't say much for these topics!!

~Dr_Flea~

This ain't no place for no hero What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) Tiffany's Avatar
    I prefer beer over most anything else... either Bud Light or Sleemans.

If I'm in a mood for something harder then I don't mind having a Rum and Coke. I've yet to meet a wine that I dislike, either white or red. Yummy!

Why wasn't I told about this?

Beer tastes like urine, and wine smells and tastes foul, but vodka is the drink of Kings. It goes with everything, and can be put in a flask for those tough moments in life.

My favorite drink is a White Russian. It is a mixture of vodka, Kahlua, and milk. Obviously, with milk you can not drink too many, but they are a good opening drink. After that, just mix anything with vodka and you will succeed in your quest.

I love beer, Bud, Miller whatever.

But my favorite that I just found out about.

Irish Carbombs. It's like drinking a milkshake.

Vodka, mainly. As someone stated before, you can mix it with practically anything. I'm quite the fan of Red Bulls mixed with it.

I occasionally dip into the really girly drinks... Cruisers, Bacardi Breezers, Midoris. One time a friend and I mixed a Midori (pineapple I think?) with Mountain Dew, wasn't a bad combination.

It's my eighteenth birthday soon, which is the legal drinking age in Australia, so I will tie my question in with the 'theme' of the thread, are there any particular drinks I should try on this momentous occasion that people would recommend? How about ones you'd stay away from?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) Xanatos's Avatar
    Well I don't drink alcohol often or get wasted that much, but I like to have a few cold beers with my friends occasionally. When it comes to beer there are only two kind that I like, Stella Artois and Karlovačko. Stella Artois is has always been my favorite beer. I have drink many others but somehow to me Stella has the best taste. And well, Karlovačko is the best beer that Croatia produces so I like it but not only because of that it tastes pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 07-12-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Nixon View Post
    My favorite drink is a White Russian. It is a mixture of vodka, Kahlua, and milk. Obviously, with milk you can not drink too many, but they are a good opening drink. After that, just mix anything with vodka and you will succeed in your quest.
    That brings back memories of a certain drink called 'Black Russian' they had in the bar I went to in high school. It was a shot of wodka, some coffee liquor, but get this: They would put the drink on fire with a lighter. They gave you a straw to drink it, obviously. And it was loads of fun to get a small flame inside your mouth at the end.

Also, has any of you guys ever had a 'Fire on the Prairie'? It's tequila with tabasco in it. Hot, baby. We would drink a whole pint after it just to cool our mouth down.

Good times.

Govinda
    There's a party drink here called Purple Rain. The mixing person takes a shot of blue alcohol (don't know exactly what, but it reeks of aniseed) and pours it into a wine glass. They then swirl the booze around the wine glass and light it with a lighter. Promptly the pretty, flaming mixture is poured into a small glass and the wine glass is slammed on top to trap the fumes. The wine glass is then quickly removed and placed upside down on a flat surface. You take the shot of hot alcohol, and then grab a straw and suck up the alcohol fumes in the overturned wineglass. The mixer will then take the small glass and pour the dregs from your shot onto the concave bottom part of the upside down wine glass, at which point you're meant to sniff the remains through a straw. I refuse to sniff, but I like the rest of it.

I discovered Absolut Pear last night. Much better than I expected. I am becoming a real fan of Absolut's flavoured vodkas.

Che
    There's just something about the taste of Sapporo I can't describe. It's perfect.

http://gregorysiegal.com/gregarious/...03/sappora.jpg

Ughh. I pretty much hate beer. The only time in the US I've been able to actually finish a bottle was while gaming and no other alcohol options... at which point I drank 9 bottles -_- It's too filling also. If I have a beer with dinner I'm usually too full and not even feeling it by the time I'm done :\ Otherwise, I do rather like Taiwan Beer, but I don't know if the reason for that was also a lack of options. Lawl. I like it much better than other beers though, it doesnt make me want to gag. :3 Unfortunately it's hard to come by in the US.

Otherwise I do a bunch of mixed drinks... staple for college is Bacardi Razz & Sprite. Mixes well and I can make it really ****in strong. Otherwise, some other random shit... white russians (probably never again after that one night), etc. Used to be fine with straight shots but can't do those anymore :\

Pretty much fine any time of the day too... I'm on my way to becoming an alcoholic :|

I'm DYING to see you! What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Explanation required!) ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    Awww your all naughty... drinking beer
    But I'm 14 and because of that can't drink yet and every time I try it tastes like piss water. (Look at Unknown Entity's)
    The closest thing is Shandy which is great Yum!
    Keep drinking and soon I'll be able to too!

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea