Thread: What small lifestyle changes have the biggest impact?

What small lifestyle changes have the biggest impact?

Mindfulness
    I've learned the importance of really paying attention to what I do, how I do it, and why. It goes beyond paying attention. To illustrate, if you're performing a task, focus fully on the task rather than allow your mind to wander about trivial things. If you're at dinner, focus on the person sitting across form you. One of the benefits of being an introvert, is being able to observe the environment, and the people around you. Often times, the quietest person in a group seems disconnected from everyone else, but in actuality they're the most engaged. For me, this is because I'm observing body language to really understand what's going on.

Twenty-Minute Rule
    I often spend a few hours a night performing mindless tasks, since I usually need to wind down at the end of the day. Like shutting down a computer, all of the background processes have to turn off before it can completely shut down; otherwise, I can't sleep. The downside is that this turns into a few hours, and I end up staying awake longer than expected. If I replace these hours with 20 minutes of productive activity (Usually, I catch up on news or current events, writing etc.) I have an easier time switching gears and sleeping when necessary.

What about you? have you discovered any useful but small lifestyle changes that have long term impact?

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Wanting to partake in my hobby daily which usually has me staying awake late every day. 1 hour turns into 3-4 mostly, although it's not that major it does have an impact on my fatigue during the day when I get tired around 2pm.

My hobby is playing video games. :3
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

#LOCKE4GOD What small lifestyle changes have the biggest impact? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I started a vegetable garden recently. I don't know if that qualifies as small, but at its current size, it doesn't take much effort to maintain.

I find it a really good way to wind down, get (kind of) free food, and be mindful. It's also made lots of new opportunities to talk to my neighbours through trading food and seedlings, and just shooting the shit over the fence.

Professional Klutz. What small lifestyle changes have the biggest impact? Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Giving myself time to process a thought. I ran around with my head in the clouds for most of my young life and, whilst I'm not debating my current youth, I feel I've now become more grounded. I give myself a minute or two to fully make decisions that I would have rushed into a few years ago without a second thought. For instance buying a car- years ago I would have bought the first one I liked without looking at benefits. Now I will look at what the car has, what I need and make a decision based on that. I know this sounds simple but it's something I've had to learn. It's still good to be impulsive at times but I like to to think I'm more mature now.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner