Thread: What do you collect?

chocolateer What do you collect? 01habbo's Avatar

What do you collect?

I have a seen a few discussions like this in the past, but it ends up in people just posting a bunch of photos of all of their collection and then people just squinting to try and see what they actually have. So instead of that it might be fun to actually talk about your collections if you collect anything.

What is your favourite collection and why? What made you start collecting this?
    Anime boxsets and films, not original but this is my favourite collection because I have so much fun just searching for them. I live in the UK so Anime is hard to get a hold of. I do lots of research just to try to find out if the anime I want has the correct region when I import. I started to collect this because I decided I wanted to buy everything that I watched during uni online.

Pick what you consider a gem out of any of collections and why is it a gem? Maybe post a photo of it here since it is only one item.
    RWBY, not really a rare item and has been in many of a discussion on the internet of whether it is anime or not. But I consider it a gem because I love following the small time businesses. I actually found out about RWBY by following Monty Oum who created Dead Fantasy, I get very excited when I see people progress from fan stuff to their own original works.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Most weird collection you have?
    A toss up between Beanie Babies and Where's Wally History Magazines

What was your very first collection? Either as a kid or an adult.
    I think it was one of those movie sticker books but the one that I remember would be the Spice Girls Photos

Have you thrown out a collection that you wished you would have kept?
    Spice Girls Photos I loved that one so much but threw it out as a child when they split up. Wish I had kept it now.

What collection do you have that you know you should throw out but can't bare to?
    Pokemon Cards I have so many and no room.

Most expensive item? Show us a picture.
    It's a toss up between the Yuna Play Arts Kai figure and Kimi ni Todoke Vol 1 DVD/Blu ray combo Collectors Edition.
    Yuna: https://figuya.com/system/images/ima...peg?1393285307
    Kimi Ni Todoke: http://inside.anime-expo.org/wp-cont.../kimi-todo.jpg

What is your biggest collection and how many items do you have?
    Technically it's probably Pokemon cards, and I have no idea how many there are.

Any other collections you have?
    Animal brand clothes
    Final Fantasy Merchandise
    Manga
    Books mostly fantasy stories or romance.
    Video games
    Consoles

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably Collector's Editions of video games. When I got a job in gaming retail and got a discount, I was in heaven. I could afford nicer editions of games.

Pick what you consider a gem out of any of collections and why is it a gem? Maybe post a photo of it here since it is only one item.
    I have a few gems, but my favourites are my Skyrim, Bravely Default, Ni No Kuni and Fallout 3 Collector's Editions.

Nothing weird here. =D

Dragon Ball Z trading cards. I was a kid, and I tried to fit in. Then had my cards stolen, and it didn't matter any more.

I didn't throw them out, but my aunt threw out a whole bunch of Spider-Man comics I used to collect. I didn't have all of them, but I loved them. Came home after a weekend away, and they were all gone. Luckily, I'd taken my Issue 100 Sinister Six copy away with me, so I still have that. It's my favourite comic.

What collection do you have that you know you should throw out but can't bare to?
    Old OPM magazines. I have a drawer full of them, some back from the PS2 era. I also have some postcards I used to collect from the school library, old cutouts, unused work POS, scoobies... just junk, really.

In terms of value for money, my Fallout 3 CE. £70 and still sealed. But that was this year, I've beat the game a million times, and I was helping a friend out who needed quick money for a move. Used ones were going on Amazon at the time for £40 with missing parts, and he could have started a bidding war and got £150 for it, but he wanted it to go to a good home. He knows I love that sort of thing, and offered it to me.

In terms of actual money spent? My Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition.

In terms of time? All my Platinums on PSN.

My Collector's/Limited Edition games. Honestly, I have maybe thirty/forty or more amongst hundreds of games. SOME were really cheap. I got my Defiance and Aliens CM CEs for £5 each. Will not complain about the price of some of them!
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 08-15-2014 at 04:27 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

TFF's Resident Messenger What do you collect? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My stamp collection is my favorite collection. I began officially collecting around ten years ago, but I have always liked stamps.

I have this envelope with a stamp of "Teddy" Bear Created on it. Inside the envelope is a replica of that stamp in 24k Gold. I consider it a gem because it was one of the first stamps in my collection. It was also a gift from my Mom.

It's not really a collection in terms of sitting on a shelf and look at, but I have a chain made out of chewing gum wrappers. Back when Wrigley's gum (Juicy Fruit, Big Red, Winterfresh, etc.) had those colorful paper wrappers over the silver wrapper covering the gum, I would keep the paper wrappers. Then while I had a free moment in class or at home, I would do some folding, and make the wrappers into a chain. It grew and grew, and now it's over 100 feet long. A friend and I measured it in the school hallway one day. Now it just sits in a plastic bag in my storage unit.

Probably Pokémon cards. I started a bit late as a player/collector (14).

No, I have never thrown out a collection of something. What I collect doesn't take up a lot of space, so I have always found a place to tuck things away. Besides, going through the collection(s) is a great way to relive the memories of that time.

I could probably do with getting rid of everything I collect, but I won't do it. First, there's the whole memories thing. Then there's always the chance that what I collect will be worth something one day. Stamp collection? Yes, definitely. Video games? Sure. Coins and Money? Yes. Long chain of chewing gum wrappers? Maybe not.

I am not sure if it is the most expensive item in my stamp collection, but I do own the entire 1943-44 Overrun Countries stamps in mint condition. I have older stamps than those, but Overruns are a complete set that was kind of hard to get in such good condition. My foreign stamps are most likely worth more than those.

Definitely the stamp collection. Just in foreign stamps alone, I have more than 2,000 stamps from 68 countries. Then I have probably double that just in American stamps. I could always do with more. I have stamps from some the most difficult places to get stamps (5 from North Korea - you've got to love wartime), but I lack stamps from places that are supposed to be easy to get stamps.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User What do you collect? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have many collections, but my favourite is probably my mugs, my Disney film collection or FFX collection.

I've got a FFX mug (cross over collection? =D) that I absolutely adore and I drink from every day. It's awesome, it's black and it's got the whole gang on it. Got it from ebay for less than a tenner I believe. Good quality, too! I guess I consider it a gem because it's so unusual. I'd never be able to find one of those in a shop.

I collect cinema tickets since I'm a bit of a film buff, so I suppose that's a little strange. At least my dad thinks so.

I'm not sure what my very first was, but ever since I was very young I've kept a memory box. I guess that's a collection of some sort? Collecting memories, haha.

Not that I can recall, no. Dolls from when I was little maybe? I'm not too sad about throwing them out but I think it'd be nice to still have them and look back on them.

Again, the memory box. I really need to clear through it because some of it doesn't really mean anything to me anymore, but idk. Don't have the heart to.

I can't take a picture right now, but my most expensive item is probably either my FFX HD remaster or my FFX Ultimania Omega guide. It's in Japanese so I can't even read it but I'm an ass so I bought it anyway. It was like £30 or something. But I love it regardless. Also, I bought FFX themed eyeshadow? That was pretty expensive. But I also collect make up, and use make up a lot. So it was a useful purchase. And the packaging has the Yuna logo on it, how could I not buy it?

Overall, probably the cinema tickets since there are a lot. But I have a fair amount of mugs, too. The FFX one, a Donald Duck one, Grumpy dwarf one, Wicked the musical mug, Disney princess mug, a Frozen mug with Anna on it, mug with a moustache on, Game of Thrones House Stark, Breaking Bad mug... I forget the others. But those are all my favourite. I really don't need so many mugs but... eh.

I suppose I collect t shirts a little? Like "fandom" t shirts or whatever. Band shirts (though not many). I have a Dragon Age t shirt that says "Alistair approves +10" and I don't even care about the loss of dignity, I absolutely love that shirt.

Registered User What do you collect? Dimi's Avatar
    I like to collect movies, books, music, cologne and postcards. I've barely started buying movies to start my own little collection a few months ago but I've been collecting books and music for years. I've also started to collect postcards whenever I travel during my free time.

I'm not really sure. This probably sounds materialistic and shallow but I still have this Giorgio Armani men's cologne I bought with my first paycheck at my old job. People go out and buy booze and celebrate...I didn't. I buy cologne so it costed me nearly $100! However, I look back at it and kinda kick myself in the ass for spending that much. I still have like half a bottle left to this day though but that's because I have like a shelve full of cologne bottles. lol

None at this time.

I was a 90s kid so I LOVED collecting pogs. Anyone remember those things? I also collected hot wheel cars, Pokemon cards and Goosebump books.

I wish I would have kept the Pokemon cards. I'm pretty sure they would be worth money these days. I think I had almost the entire deck of the original ones too!

My old PS1 games. I don't own a PS1 anymore but I think I hold on to them for memory sake.

That cologne I mentioned earlier. It's on the Macy's website. The only difference is it was 10 dollars cheaper when I bought it a few years ago than it is now. So I guess I saved myself $10?

Music. I have everything on my iTunes from Frank Sinatra to Led Zeppelin to Red Hot Chili Peppers to Rihanna!

None at the moment.

Boxer of the Galaxy What do you collect? Rowan's Avatar
    I collect video games. I started collecting them because I realised that some people have a library of books, or a library of music and film, I decided I wanted a library of games. I want something that would take me back to my earliest memories of my childhood and give me that sweet nostalgia when I decide to replay whatever game that may be.

Pick what you consider a gem out of any of your collections and why is it a gem?
    My final fantasy games are very precious to me, in particular my FF7, FF8 and FF9. All cases which are the original black label Ps1 cases, not platinum or the hideous green label kind. I would also consider Legend of Dragoon and the Wild Arms series in particular, great gems of mine. The fact that I also have a US ps2 console so I can play Wild Arms; Alter code F since it was never released to EU, just goes to show my dedication to my collection.

I started to collect figurines of busty anime girls. Some Super Sonico, and others. I still consider it a weird thing to collect, but its as close to 'art' as anything else I would consider purchasing that would fit into that catagory.

Probably pokemon cards or OddBodz. Maybe even marbles or tarzo's before that?

My pokemon cards, actually.

Initially it was my marbles, but instead of throwing them out I gave them to my mum to decorate one of her vases. So they are still being used for something at least and I didnt need to throw them out.

I have a bellalaika figure (1/4, which is quite large) from the anime 'Black Lagoon' valued at over $400. I didn't pay $400 for it though.

Most defintely my games collection. It consists of Gameboy/Advance/DS/3DS/Vita/Psp/Ps1/Ps2/Ps3/Ps4 games.

Theres my collection of exotic cars and real estate, but thats a story for another time.

I invented Go-Gurt. What do you collect? Clint's Avatar
    What is your favorite collection and why? What made you start collecting this?
    I collect things that I use all the time, and since I use them all the time, that makes them my favorite. Ball caps and wrist watches. I started collecting ball caps, because at one point, I only had one, and after a year and a half, it became discolored and grimy, so I figured that if I have more, then I won't wear just one, and they'll all last a lot longer. I collect watches so that I can see what time it. I have noticed that young people these days don't wear watches as frequently anymore, and to those people, I impose a very serious question; are you stupid, or do you just hate convenience?

I have a Casio calculator watch. This thing here.
    What do you collect?-e59d_calculator_watch-jpg
    It's waterproof, so for those of you who think your smart phones are so smart, I impose a very serious question; can your smart phone do math underwater?

I only have two. Hats and watches. I don't think either of them are particularly weird.

Wrestling toys. I had a bunch of the old WWF Jakks toys from 1996 and 1997. They were really crappy, and the heads kept popping off. I have no idea where most of them are, but I recently found my Series 1 Ultimate Warrior and Razor Ramon from 1996.

The wrestling toys. I don't remember throwing them out, but I only have a few of them left, and I have no idea where the majority of them went.

None. I can't throw my hats out, because there is a sun, and it will most likely be in my eyes at some point in the future, and I will need shade from a brim of a hat. And I can't throw my watches out, because then I won't know what time it is.

I have no expensive items. Everything that I buy is reasonably priced. I even bought my car for only $2000. Why pay more for expensive crap when cheap stuff works just as good?

I have a lot of hats. One week last summer, I bought like five. In just a week. And then I have about four more, so I guess I only have nine hats, but that's still my biggest collection.

No. I mean, I have things like movies, games, and books, but those aren't collections. Those are just things that I have.