Thread: What the balls is wrong with commercials these days?

Che

What the balls is wrong with commercials these days?

Why do they have to be so god damned annoying? Every single advertisement has to be created by some douchebag and his friends sitting around a table going... "What's the most annoying song we can think up, or create new lyrics to, to literally annoy the shit out of our viewers until it sticks in their head?"

The Free Credit Report.com commercials are not catchy. The lyrics are not clever, the guy's voice is monotonous, etc.

How bout the kit-kat one where they just crunch crunch crunch the entire commercial. As if i LIKED the sound of people munching on food, they have to do it throughout the entire commercial. I love kit kats, but spare me listening to other people eat shit.

Pretty much every commercial lies about stuff, or extends the truth to get you to buy shit you think you need, or is annoying, or something.

Why can't every commercial be like this? See, then I'd actually be enticed to buy the shit.

Last edited by Che; 02-15-2010 at 04:23 AM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: What the balls is wrong with commercials these days?

Easy fix - TV on DVD and the internet for news.
    I hadn't had a TV receiving TV signals in over a year because of all the commericals and reality TV/sensationalist news, connected my new digital TV to an aerial and then remembered just why I stopped watching TV. Needless to say it's back to using my new TV for gaming/DVDs.
    victoria aut mors

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Easy fix - TV on DVD and the internet for news.
    I hadn't had a TV receiving TV signals in over a year because of all the commericals and reality TV/sensationalist news, connected my new digital TV to an aerial and then remembered just why I stopped watching TV. Needless to say it's back to using my new TV for gaming/DVDs.
    Yep, I actually never watch TV unless my girlfriend is. I don't like any shows on regular TV. I don't like the "drama" or "Reality" TV at all. TV seriously does rot your brain.

Che, I feel the same as you do and I have for the last 6 years, or so. Commercials have been just as bad for a long time now. Check out these 90s commercials. YouTube - 90's Commercials Vol. 3 However I've noticed that commercials have gotten louder than they used to be. It's horrible watching shows legally online. I always have to mute my computer when I'm watching a show on hulu because the commercials are 2 to3 times as loud as the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post

The Free Credit Report.com commercials are not catchy. The lyrics are not clever, the guy's voice is monotonous, etc.
    Hey I like that guy! F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the EDIT FREE to the PORT to the DOT to the COM, come one evreybody grab your bike and sing aloooong !!

I hate that Damn Allstate guy >=( and those stupid E surance ones!! naaaggh! they show them way to much.

I always liked this Commercial:
    YouTube - Bridgestone "Scream" Super Bowl Ad

And This:
    YouTube - Skittles Rabbit

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Do the elements trust you? What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Hey I like that guy! F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the EDIT FREE to the PORT to the DOT to the COM, come one evreybody grab your bike and sing aloooong !!

I hate that Damn Allstate guy >=( and those stupid E surance ones!! naaaggh! they show them way to much.

I always liked this Commercial:
    YouTube - Bridgestone "Scream" Super Bowl Ad

And This:
    YouTube - Skittles Rabbit
    evil rabbit!I love skittles but come on! Anyways commercials are an annoying way of getting money for tv companies cuz of this I haven't watched tv for years
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Lets not even get started on the infomercials! I wanna pull my hair out every time i hear that shit!!!

-BUT WAIT!! If you buy this now in the next ten minutes we will double your offer, and you will not just get one dumb ass product but a second, for FREE!!!
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 02-15-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Imperius Rex What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Storm's Avatar

Two words. "Go Compare". I don't know if people outside the UK have a similar equivelant, but this advert drives me beserk. Every month or two a new one comes out, which has the same dickhead singing the same thing, but in a slightly different situation. It is on constantly too, so you don't get a break from it. Ever.

The "compare the meerkat" one is irritating too. And to think that they are actually putting the slogan "simples" in the Oxford English Dictionary really takes the piss. I bloody hate price comparison adverts! As for food ones, the Rice Krispies song gets stuck in my head constantly, and I hate the new Cocopops jingles (although the ads tend to have good songs in them). The Sacla pesto advert was really irritating too.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Registered User What the balls is wrong with commercials these days?

Che, you should participate in a focus group about commercials and tell people there what you want to see. I'm sure you could convince someone that they need to really clean up thier act.

I used to use commercial breaks as a time I could get up and stretch, or go grab something to eat or drink. I actually haven't really been watching too much television here lately, which is sort of a shame because I got a new tv. I still play my games though.

Anyway, when I want to watch something, I usually look for it on the internet, or go out and rent the boxset or DVD of the show that I want to watch. That way, I don't really have to deal with commercials, although sometimes, sites that I watch shows on will play commercials before I actually get to watch my show. >_> Oh, well. It helps give money to the site, so I don't have to pay for anything.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

If it weren't for infomercials I wouldn't have anything to do when bouts of insomnia hit me.

Also if it weren't for infomercials we wouldn't have all the fun parodies and remixes on youtube.

The Bad Boy of TFF What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Block's Avatar

just watch BK commercials. They're awesome.

My couch pulls out but I don't. What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? midgetbob's Avatar

we need more old school commercials like this....

Spoon Engines:

The Bad Boy of TFF What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Block's Avatar

OMFG I JUST DIED A LITTLE LAUGHING SO HARD.

Death Before Dishonor What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate the free credit report guys, they piss me off to no ends. Some commercials I really enjoy sch as the skittles rabbit, any Bud Light commercial that is aired during the super bowl, and the dorito commercials. I really enjoy watching the dorito commercials. This years superbowl had a couple funny ones, the little black kid who bitch smacked the guy, and the dorito samurai..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

#LOCKE4GOD What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This.

Commercials piss me off, but there are a few gems. I kinda feel like starting a 'funny commercials' thread now. They're not all bad. Too bad they're just trying to convince us to buy stuff we don't need.

Registered User What the balls is wrong with commercials these days?

Posted by Alpha
    I kinda feel like starting a 'funny commercials' thread now.
    Funny commercials thread?

Although I think that this thread sort of turned into a de facto "Post the funniest commercials you can find" thread, of which I can't seem to find any at the moment, so I can't contribute.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't watch television much any more.

I wouldn't say it was a bad thing either.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 02-15-2010 at 05:34 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

HRH Albha What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Occasionally I watch American television through the Firefox add-on, FoxTV, and I have to say, every time an advert comes on it's just so... American... It's not even the accents or anything it's just that the USA has this particular style to do all adverts.

The GoCompare adverts are really terrible, like Storm and U.E. have said they're constantly on television, at basically every break they're on at least once.

CompareTheMeerkat.com adverts
    , I actually like. They're cute and I like meerkats . Although once when visiting a zoo I heard a girl say: "WOW! I didn't realise meerkats were so small, from the adverts I thought they were, like, 4 foot tall!"

Although the most annoying adverts on British (or only Scottish?) television just now is definetly this one:

Also the best advert on television, imo:

Last edited by Aerif; 02-17-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post
    Yay, Weebls-stuff! They should do a commercial over here too. Not that I'd ever see it... but they should! And yeah; that Meerkat one was kinda cute. Helps that I like anthropomorphic animals, I suppose.

I dunno. I liked quite a few of the commercials I saw during the Super Bowl this year. The ones that really piss me off are the ones that are on the radio, though. Probably because they consist solely of sound, which is probably where the essence of annoying in commercials comes from. Last year, there was this one that played a classic rock song, which they interrupted with a very dull sounding male voice to replace lyrics. I wanted to punch that guy. Then there were these McDonald commercials that trashed on listening to indie music and promoted listening to hip-hop. Had to do with their coffee; you could go to McDonald's, and quit being a hipster, or something. Yay! I thought, "Fuck you, McDonald's," every time I heard that one. There were others that mad me want to stab my eyes out, too. Luckily I don't listen to the radio much anymore.

Since we're posting old commercials we like...

Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Persistent Flourish What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Alice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    "What's the most annoying song we can think up, or create new lyrics to, to literally annoy the shit out of our viewers until it sticks in their head?"
    The meow mix ad.

It actually achieved this with my schoolmates. The media teacher showed it off. Evil. The entire class now randomly goes "meow meow meow meow" and we cannot get the tune out of our head. Just. Damn. Evil.

We actually don't mind it though.

Commercials themselves, I don't really care for much. I don't pay attention to them. Just watch them and think nothing of it unless it's something amusing.
    Last edited by Alice; 02-17-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Imperius Rex What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Storm's Avatar

Aerif: Ahh that "We Buy Any Car" ad... kill it with fire! Yes we have it in England too, and its another one that drives me beserk! I used to like the Compare The Meerkat one the first few times it was played, but now I hate it. Oh and that 118247 one is awesome! My reaction to that should have been recorded as I got so excited that I jumped like a little kid. I love Magical Trevor!

Taco: That ad is amazing! Jackie Chan pwns.

As for other annoying adverts, i'm sure others remember this little gem of arghh from a few years ago...
    YouTube - Frosties Kid - They're Gonna Taste Great! (High quality ver)
    Back in the time of annoying musical womens car insurance adverts...

Oh... and for an awesome one... the PG tips ads!
    YouTube - MONKEY AND AL "PG TIPS ADVERT"HD(MUST SEE) 2009
    (it is heavily influenced by Morecambe and Wise, but it doesn't make it any less brilliant. Johnny Vegas and Monkey are great!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Registered User What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? winterborn86's Avatar

I see alot of people on facebook complain about the go compare guy on tv, but I bloody love him lol. The irritating thing for me about adverts is when whatever is happening doesn't appear to have anything to do with the advert. As for songs/jingles or whatever they never seem to bother me that much.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I want to play a game. What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Zargabaath's Avatar

Some annoying commercials I abhore are the Miller Light commercials where either the girl is asking who/what he would save if both were hanging off a cliff and he chooses his beer over his gf; the commercial where the guy has a hard time saying "I love you" to a girl who just said it to him but he has no trouble when the waitress asks if he wants another Miller Light; The commercial where it appears to be for one of those online couple makers but instead the guy is referring to the Miller Light as the special one he found.

The Miller Light commercials made men appear like total jerks without an intelligence - definitely doesn't appeal to me.

Most of the Bud Light/Budweiser Super Bowl XLIV reeked with how "great" Budweiser products are, making people act foolishly towards a "beer". These had a similiar feel as the Miller Light commercials but it was targeted in some commercials as females as well - which doesn't make it any better.

Some of the Hardee's/Carl Jr.'s commercials potray men as being incredibly stupid or having unsavory characteristics/behavior. Once again, when the company that is advertising tries to insinuate a negative connotation or that is insulting towards men I don't like.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Beer ads are the only kind I miss.

victoria aut mors

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Tallulah's Avatar

Adverts ain't what they used to be. The commercials on British TV in the 80s were awesome!

However, I do absolutely love this one So cute! ^_^
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Anti- anything preppy What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Cloudluver101's Avatar

The free credit report guys annoy the living crap out of me. What the heck was freecreditreport.com thinking when they hired 3 no-talent idiots to advertise their website? I have 3 commericials that make me laugh that premiered during the Superbowl (WOO! GO SAINTS!!)

There's this one:
    YouTube - Doritos® - Crash the Super Bowl 2010 Finalist - House Rules
    Lol little guy is so cute!

This one:
    YouTube - Doritos® - Crash the Super Bowl 2010 Finalist - Snack Attack Samurai
    Kinda stupid but still funny!

And this one:
    YouTube - Doritos® - Crash the Super Bowl 2010 Finalist - Underdog

Lol dude got what he deserved on that one!

Finding this place a little dull... What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? xTidus's Avatar

I couldn't agree more when you say T.v. has too many commercials these days. Who needs it anyway when you can watch anything you want on your laptop at any time!

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

Soup Kitchen Jerk. What the balls is wrong with commercials these days? Polk's Avatar

Sure there are good commercials on television these days. Unfortunately, they all come from Mega64.

Uno
    Dos
    Tres
    Catorce(?)

God bless you, Mega64.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.