Thread: Usernames: What's The Skinny??

Banned Usernames: What's The Skinny??

Question Usernames: What's The Skinny??

So I was wondering, where did your usernames come from? What do they mean?
    How are they properly pronnounced?

I've noticed a strikingly high volume of strange and unique ones here.

My own username is a handle I've been using online for a very long time. My new handle is Loco Mofo but there is a Loco Colt here so I went old school.

The name comes from the Metallica song. As a teenager I was a troubled kid. I constantly broke the law and pursued the hardcore criminal life. But I was never that sort of person. I always found myself 'torn' between two sides of me. (Duality is something that fascinates me)

After 9/11 I found my calling and purpose, or so I thought. Funny how I always seem to be torn between light and dark, one way or another...

Boxer of the Galaxy Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Rowan's Avatar
    My username comes from my name

Deep, Ro. Deep.

The Mad God Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I like to leave bitches at 1hp.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Nice, HA.
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 11-25-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Registered User Usernames: What's The Skinny?? streaml1ned's Avatar
    Well, it derived from this song:

Added a 1 because I was young and stupid.

Hahaha!! We've all swapped out letters 4 numbers in a moment of juvenile weakness. Worse decisions have been made.

Professional Klutz. Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    My username comes from the book of Watership Down. In case you haven't read it the book involves a group of rabbits who, due to human intervention, have to leave their warren or be killed. It's an absolutely brutal, violent, horrific children's book and I highly recommend everyone to read it... In fact I urge you to read it. Hyzenthlay is a doe from another warren which is run by a merciless buck named General Woundwort who runs his herd with an iron paw. Hyz is one of the rebel doe's who our heroes, led by Bigwig and Hazel, try to free from their 'prison'. This truly is a fantastic read.

Anyway, the name is pronounced Hy-zun-th-lay.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

I've been using the alias nix since about 1998, it was a mix of nix or Phoenix.

I used to play a game called delta force and used the name Phoenix, and when i played official clan matches we had to abbreviate our names. Mainly because in that game you could have the names showing above your head (helped your team see where you were if far away) so instead of having long names displaying taking up unnecessary field of view we used shorter ones. so i went with nix and it kind of just stuck.

Wow, its actually 16 years now I'm just noticing, half my life

Thank you for sharing Hyz and nix. That was exactly why I made this thread.

And thank you for taking it seriously. This community needs more people like you.

Bananarama Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See Rowans post.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I invented Go-Gurt. Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Clint's Avatar
    My username is Clit with an N thrown in there. I chose Clint because the clitoris is something that has eluded me for years.

I put LowLife into AIM and it came out Lowlf. Over the years of gaming, the Asian people I played with pronounced it loaf. Then people called me meaT_loaf so I just use loaf.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Resident Messenger Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See Pete's post.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Erm... *coughs* Not much of a story to offer. I just like Freya from FFIX.
    I think I also thought about naming myself Celes, but if I remember correctly (it's been 6 years, wtf!) that name was already taken.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Don't mistake this for hating, but I went from picturing you as a Norse Goddess of love, beauty and fertility, to a forgotten character from the worst FF ever made... the game that destroyed my soul and ended one of the most prolific FF gamers of all time.

It's a bit of a disappointment.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Usernames: What's The Skinny?? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My username comes from an old friend, who I miss very much and wish I could talk to again. It was his, back when we were close friends and he was a girl (someone told me he transitioned a few years ago).

But, it also pretty well fits me.

I miss that person a lot, though, and would give anything to get back in contact with him. He was such an awesome person.

I literally pulled my user name out of my ass. I have no awesome story, even though most people think I do. I just chose the most random ridiculous cool sounding name I could think of and suck with it.

For the veterans, my original user name was TenseikenSlash which is Ryudo's special technique from Grandia II. Love that game <3

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Usernames: What's The Skinny?? streaml1ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyElder View Post
    I literally pulled my user name out of my ass.
    If you're pulling names from your ass, you might need to see a doctor to get that checked out.

Blog Entries
    I think it came from a character of a game but its been so long I dont even completely remember any more
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Professional Klutz. Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Game character!? I always pictured it as the 'Adrieeeeen!' Rocky... Or the biscuit bar. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyElder View Post
    I literally pulled my user name out of my ass. I have no awesome story, even though most people think I do. I just chose the most random ridiculous cool sounding name I could think of and suck with it.

For the veterans, my original user name was TenseikenSlash which is Ryudo's special technique from Grandia II. Love that game <3

she is lying, half of her name comes from the name of a street in her city.

Rocky's name is from Rocky from King of Fighters.

Edit: HER NAME IS BASED OFF OF THIS PLACE
    Gypsum Canyon Rd, Yorba Linda, CA 92887

She does not live around there.
    Last edited by loaf; 11-29-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    One time my username was "Calamity Taco." Now it isn't.

I probably like tacos?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Rocky's name is from Rocky from King of Fighters.
    and thats why loaf is my twin!!!!!!!!

yeah its rock howard actually from KoF/Mark of the Wolves. i think i played a bunch of capcom vs snk2 at the time and thought he was a neat character
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor Usernames: What's The Skinny?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My name is Josh and my last name starts with an R. Clever huh?

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!