Thread: Tight as a fishes bum.

Asking all the personal questions. Tight as a fishes bum. RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Tight as a fishes bum.

You know when you are tight when you really demand a penny for your thoughts.

So I pose the question fellow TFFers are you a tight arse with your moo la ie money for those who are slang illiterate.

Have there been instances where you know you could afford to lend some money but you didn't.

Yes I can honestly say I am a bit tight my self even before I had children, I went Christmas shopping once and decided to get it done early I don't think I left the shop with a gift for some one other then myself. Other times my mates have asked for money and I knew I could give it to them but I also knew I would never see it again but after a few drinks I am pretty lenient.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

This ain't no place for no hero Tight as a fishes bum. Tiffany's Avatar

Re: Tight as a fishes bum.

We always had lots of money, both my OH and I had high paying jobs. Then I decided I would be a stay at home mom. I love that I'm at home with our daughter, and we're saving a ton with not having someone watch her, but it is a bit tighter of a lifestyle.

Its taken some getting used to, I did enjoy buying whatever I wanted with no hesitations, now I have to budget and make sure everything adds up.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I find I'm quite adaptable. When money is scarce I go for cheaper options to survive but when money is plentiful I splash a lot around while still saving some lest something happen.

At the moment I have a nice job so I can afford to splurge a good deal.
    victoria aut mors

I live in America. I have no money.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I have to be very cautious with my money. I don't make a lot and I want to be prepared for the future, be it some sort of emergency or just ensuring I'll have money for retirement in many many years. I do budget although I don't always follow it as closely as I should. I just got my tax refund back so I'm allowing myself to splurge a little bit, but I'm actually not going to spend most of it at all.

Somehow I always make ends meet, if only barely.

I don't lend money though. If I "lend" anyone money it's with the expectation that I won't ever see it again. I just can't afford to squander money at all so I make the decision to lend or not based on if I can afford to live without however much they're asking for. Usually the answer is no.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wince when I see my money go. Even if it's for something I saved for. I don't spend out much. I can make £10 for my lunch money last for about two/three weeks if I eat cheaply (I only need to buy lunch on Mondays and Fridays, so I cheat a little). Subway. <3

Anywho, if someone wants to borrow money of me, and it takes longer than a week to pay me back, I add interest of 50p per day until I get it. Or I send out the bald, leather coated, metal knuckle guys.

Say hello to Phil and Grant.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 02-16-2010 at 09:04 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Pedobear approves Tight as a fishes bum. Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar

I live in Croatia and things here are pretty ****ed up.
    Everybody is poor, yesturday was all over our news that 300,000 people dont have a job and/or cant find any job ( population in Croatia is 4.437.460 ).
    I have no money, I cant spend on anything, I can rarly buy anything for my girl..its really hard..I hope that everythnig changes soon.

FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Registered User Tight as a fishes bum.

I'd like to think that I am pretty careful when it comes to my money. I'm not tight, but I'm definately not a spendthrift. There have been times where I've bought something on a whim that I really didn't need, or bought a big-ticket item, and then it goes on sale for a lot cheaper than what I bought mine for. Those instances are pretty rare though.

I pay for everything with cash so I don't get caught up in credit card debt. I actually don't have one because I think it would be too tempting to abuse. Yeah, I know that it only really happens if you're careless, but I think that's what would happen to me if I did have one. It's so much easier to just swipe a card across than to actually see your money pay for something. I guess it's a mental thing.

Sometimes my coworkers and I will pool our money together to give to someone if it was thier birthday, if they were sick, or if they were going through a bit of hard times. I don't expect anything in return. I just like to help people, and if I can help out by donating a little bit of my own cash, then I'll do it. Don't get me wrong though. If I feel a person is becoming a mooch or something, I won't give a dime.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Death Before Dishonor Tight as a fishes bum. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even in high school money wasn't tight for me. I was the 15 or 16 year old with all the cash. Yes some did come from my days of dealing drugs(which I am ashamed of), but most came from working my ass off. I had a job at the boat docks unloading trucks, and shit unto boats. Not an easy job.

I am pretty charitable guy. If my buddies need some money for something I will give it to them. Even it is my last dollar in my wallet I will give it away. But there have been a few times when I told them to go, and f*ck themselves. It is rare for me to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Of Darkness View Post
    I live in Croatia and things here are pretty ****ed up.
    Become the next Mirko Filapovic, then you will have oddles of cash flow...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Bananarama Tight as a fishes bum. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It usually depends on the season. In the winter, I'm a lot tighter with my money, and I'll save it up moreso. In the summer and warmer months, we can bbq and go out more often, and so I'll drop a fair amount of cash.

I'm a pretty charitable guy, and sometimes it gets abused/ or people forget. I have no problem bringing a 30 rack to a party, or to lay out money for a bbq, but it really pisses me off when people forget about it and ask me to chip in for things, when they don't themselves.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Not at all, I'm a young guy who hardly drinks with a stable income and the "financial crisis" doesn't touch me so it allows me to be a little more carefree than some. I don't buy useless stuff but I do buy expensive stuff. Take computers for example, I needed a new mouse...so I bought a $150 razer mamba

The Bad Boy of TFF Tight as a fishes bum. Block's Avatar

I'm usually pretty giving with my money, always letting friends borrow some and what not. That's just how I roll.

Cilla vs. Games Tight as a fishes bum. Priscilla's Avatar

I never used to be. I used to buy whatever I wanted. I have a job and I can afford it. But now I am a bit more cautious with how I spend. I had to save to move overseas in a pretty short time frame. Right now I have over $7000 saved. Which is pretty good. I still buy things when I want them though. Within the last week I've bought a new game and a nice pair of earrings from the jewelers. So I don't think I am tight. I like to buy things. Like clothes and jewelry.. And things for my man.

When I move I am going to be spending a lot of my money on things to set up the house, new clothes, stuff like that. So. Not stingy at all. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Anywho, if someone wants to borrow money of me, and it takes longer than a week to pay me back, I add interest of 50p per day until I get it. Or I send out the bald, leather coated, metal knuckle guys.
    Er, seriously? I've never known anyone to do that. o.o;
    Last edited by Priscilla; 02-16-2010 at 04:19 PM.