Thread: A thread in GC not made by Spoony

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) A thread in GC not made by Spoony che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A thread in GC not made by Spoony

We made it, fam. Records have been shattered, legends created, achievements achieved.

For those of you who made it to being an adult, what surprises you that you enjoy it now? Anything you didn't think you would enjoy as a kid? For the younger posters who feel like they aren't "old people" yet, what terrifies you about getting old?

edit: I can start it off. I'm 30, and I feel like I can kinda speak for both atm. I love cleaning now that I'm older, it's insanely satisfying. I almost love it so much that I sometimes let things get a tiny bit messy just to see the drastic progress 20 mins of work can take to make it look 1000% nicer.

As a "younger" person, I still fear getting set in my own ways. Having the same viewpoint forever and not seeing both sides of the issue and never learning past a certain point. I still feel like as I get older, that's more likely to happen. I see people get good at things, get experience, and their observed answer in their head might not always be the solution, just a product of circumstances and then they think what they experienced is right and nothing else can be the answer. Just freaks me out.
    Last edited by che; 04-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

Solitude.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    You're so dumb. <3

Bananarama A thread in GC not made by Spoony Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can tell you that I fucking hate paying taxes.

I do however enjoy doing laundry. Literally just finished it for the week, so I have clean clothes for the weekend and next week. Plus clean sheets. I love me some clean sheets. Back in college, they could get grungy and I wouldn't care, different story now.

I also enjoy cleaning, but not to che's extent. Sometimes I'll let the dust coat get slightly more noticeable than I'd really like.

As for the feeling of growing up, I try not to get too wrapped up in what other people are doing. They do their thing, I do mine. Social media only makes comparisons worse.

I've learned that there'll be someone who has it better and someone who has it worse, no matter what your situation is. There's no reason to compare lives
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like cooking. I've been getting really inventive over the last couple of months. I think I've perfected a red onion and mushroom gravy. Only started making it because my mum has been a vegan for like two years and obviously couldn't have the ready gravy everyone else still uses. I've made some pretty awesome noodle soups, stir fries, pasta sauces (stopped buying shitty, sugary tomato sauce jars and have been making my own, and I tell ya, not only do they taste better, but my stomach doesn't fell like shit afterwards too). I also feel like my fingers permanently smell like garlic.

I also like cleaning the kitchen. Something really satisfying about cooking in a clean kitchen. If the sink and dish rack is empty when you start, cleaning as you go is so much easier. and you can find everything the first time, usually. Someone is still putting the scissors in stupid places. And where my mum is a vegan now, there's always so much fruit. As summer approaches, the fruit flies will be about again, so it's important making sure it's all clean or her dishes won't be entirely "vegan" lol.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Being an adult does complicate things, but I will say I do enjoy the independence. I do worry that there will be a day when the world will progress beyond my abilities to adapt, but it is something we'll all undergo so I suppose I've nothing to do but welcome it when it comes. In the interim, I'll be defiant till the last and continue creating and exploring. Who knows? Perhaps I'll be the one to lay the foundation for the things I won't be able to comprehend in the future. The very least, I can be satisfied by that.

Gingersnap A thread in GC not made by Spoony OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like not giving as much of a shit about what other people think of me or the way my body looks. Like it hasn't really changed much, but I remember feeling so fat and gross as a 22 year old (uuuuuuughhh) and now, I have way more days where I think my body is pretty cool. It does stuff. As for the rest of it, it's way easier to set and maintain boundaries for myself without feeling like I'm not being "enough" for everyone else.

I do not like having to stretch and foam roll or else deal with a sore knee after my runs. 23 year old me didn't have to do this shit.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

It isn't made by me? Then it can't possibly freak me out right

I'm busy on twitch streaming James Gang Rides Again with Cloud standing on the train after the Bombing Mission....and smoking cigs, because I'm wigged out, did you notice?

Come, I have my mic shut the hell of, troll my chat if you desire, I will keep smoking

Favorite part of being an adult is that I studied music since 3 years old under an Augustana Music Major He happened to be quite up on his theology as well, so I'm a little wigged out by all you pagan weirdys. I love y'all anyway
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I like not giving as much of a shit about what other people think of me or the way my body looks. Like it hasn't really changed much, but I remember feeling so fat and gross as a 22 year old (uuuuuuughhh) and now, I have way more days where I think my body is pretty cool. It does stuff. As for the rest of it, it's way easier to set and maintain boundaries for myself without feeling like I'm not being "enough" for everyone else.

I do not like having to stretch and foam roll or else deal with a sore knee after my runs. 23 year old me didn't have to do this shit.
    Can't believe that was a big deal for you, especially you. But go you! I hope everyone can achieve that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathos986 View Post
    Being an adult does complicate things, but I will say I do enjoy the independence. I do worry that there will be a day when the world will progress beyond my abilities to adapt, but it is something we'll all undergo so I suppose I've nothing to do but welcome it when it comes. In the interim, I'll be defiant till the last and continue creating and exploring. Who knows? Perhaps I'll be the one to lay the foundation for the things I won't be able to comprehend in the future. The very least, I can be satisfied by that.
    That actually sounds like a pretty satisfying ending. If something I did paved the way for progress in the future, I'd be super happy and proud. Keep doing whatever you do!

Gingersnap A thread in GC not made by Spoony OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Can't believe that was a big deal for you, especially you. But go you! I hope everyone can achieve that mentality.
    Haha aw. Thank you. And yeah, it's not so much an unwillingness to speak my mind (lol), but I had some trouble setting boundaries for my own needs and feeling justified in doing so. Like, it's not okay for my husband to continue staying out drunk all night, especially after I've told him it upsets and worries me. But somehow, I felt guilty for expecting that he care for my feelings the way I cared about his. But it's way better now. I am still working on letting myself tell people I'm upset when I'm upset, but I am in a relationship now where I take care of him and he takes care of me. And when I say I'm upset, he wants to hear about why instead of getting angry with me for having hurt feelings at all. I'm not carrying my partner around like a backpack or a fuckin cross.

So yes. I am happy.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

TFF's Resident Messenger A thread in GC not made by Spoony Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate having to be an adult. Things like paying bills, buying food, and other tedious chores are so aggravating.

But then I think about it and realize that I am naked and walking through my own house, and then paying bills and having to buy food isn't so bad after all.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    I hate having to be an adult. Things like paying bills, buying food, and other tedious chores are so aggravating.

But then I think about it and realize that I am naked and walking through my own house, and then paying bills and having to buy food isn't so bad after all.
    You'd do all that just to have the freedom to be naked, while some people are naked not by choice.