Thread: ...and Then She Bled

Full Time Glompasaurus ...and Then She Bled Raider's Avatar

...and Then She Bled

Only hardcore suicide silence fans will know the relavance of teh title.

I found an article on CNN(i know dont ask why i was on there) and it was basically all about a what was thought to be domesticated chimp going psycho and 'ripping apart' his owner.

Chimp attack 911 call: 'He's ripping her apart' - CNN.com

Basically it made me think, don't you ever get the feeling we weren't meant to fully domesticate animals and do you think domesticated animals will ever break out of the hold and go bonkers as this chimp did?
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

All is One.One is All. ...and Then She Bled Firefly's Avatar
    I think we shouldn't domesticate wild,exotic animals.I mean cats,dogs,rats,mice,etc,those are understandable,but like monkeys,iguanas,and even pythons should be left in their natural habitat.Thats my opinon.
    Edit:Yes,I do believe all exotic pets will someday go bonkers,like its in their nature or being.
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-31-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Shake it like a polaroid picture ...and Then She Bled RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think we shouldn't domesticate wild,exotic animals.I mean cats,dogs,rats,mice,etc,those are understandable,but like monkeys,iguanas,and even pythons should be left in their natural habitat.Thats my opinon.
    Why?
    You're not coming up with any arguments so it seems kind of arbitrary to pick those few animals.

Humans think they rule the planet, because they can do what they want with it. It's not like we're the best killers, the animal with the largest number of individuals or the animal that all other animals bow to...

It's just in our heads.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Full Time Glompasaurus ...and Then She Bled Raider's Avatar
    but we have managed to dominate the planet so how can we not be seen as rulers, if we really wanted to we could destroy teh planet in an instant yet no other animal could do that so therefore we do technically dominate it.
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Dont leave exotic animals in the care of a 55 and 70 year old granny

Shake it like a polaroid picture ...and Then She Bled RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    but we have managed to dominate the planet so how can we not be seen as rulers, if we really wanted to we could destroy teh planet in an instant yet no other animal could do that so therefore we do technically dominate it.
    And that is the only argument to say that human beings are the 'ruling' animal.

We can do with the planet what we want. We could destroy it, which we're already doing, but whatever.

But like I said in my previous post, there is no reason why we, as a species should be seen as superior. Sure, we can influence the planet in lots of ways. We can capture and imprison wild animals.

But take 50 human beings, put them in front of, say, 30 tigers, and you'll laugh at your own 'superiority'.

But yeah, I know why we're called the leading species. But that doesn't take away that we're all just a bunch of egoistic ****ers.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-01-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I honestly don't think some animals (and people) can be fully domesticated.
    You might get them seemingly domesticated for a while, but then their true nature comes out when the right triggers occur. It really just depends on the individual and what they can take...
    victoria aut mors

Registered User ...and Then She Bled winterborn86's Avatar
    I totally agree with what Sliver has said.
    It doesn't matter how much time and effort you put into training animals, you will NEVER be able to fully dominate them, cos they will always have their animal instincs within them, there is a reason why they are called "wild" animals.
    Same applies to cats and dogs, they are normally very easy to train and it may appear that the animal is dominated, but even the worlds kindest dog can turn against their owner. I have seen it countless times in newspapers or on the news.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco