View Poll Results: Do you prefer TFF or Facebook?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • TFF

20 71.43%
  • Facebook

8 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TFF versus FACEBOOK

G'day TFF versus FACEBOOK NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TFF versus FACEBOOK

Which one do YOU prefer?

I've only been a member of TFF for around a month and I love it here. Not only can you make some wonderful friends, you can talk about THINGS! People are so friendly and helpful and honest. I think it's great. TFF actually stimulates the mind. And it's all, for most, thanks to our mutual like of FF. I find it quite positive and fun.

I've been on Facebook for 4 years. It's a great way to stay in touch with family and friends, share your likes and photos. You can also stalk people, if that floats you boat. Unless your profile is on private. But it's not as mentally stimulating and there is a lot of negativity.

For me it's TFF for the win. In the short time I've been here, I feel so welcome.

Re: TFF versus FACEBOOK

I haven't been here for very long, either. Two months or so, give or take a little time. I've only been on Facebook for a year or so. Yes, I was still using MySpace up until then. Why? I just didn't think Facebook was all that until I finally signed up and found lots of people from my past that I had wanted to get back in touch with. I don't know why I didn't make the switch sooner.

With that said, I think I'll say Facebook (don't hate me, please! ). Not that I don't like this place. It's just my Facebook, obviously, has me connected to people I actually know. But really, they're totally different websites, so it's actually kind of hard to compare them.

Lady Succubus TFF versus FACEBOOK Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering TFF has its own facebook page, it's not really a competition.

The Final Fantasy | Facebook

XD

On topic though. Um.. I use both fairly regularly. ^^; So I can't really pick between the two.

Memento RK TFF versus FACEBOOK Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I started using forums before I started to use facebook. My heart will always be with forums, but facebook is still my life. I am constantly on facebook. Making statuses, commenting on others. It's a way of living for me. I can't just sit and pick one over the other. But if you want me to pick one out of sheer usage, I'm on facebook almost 24/7. If I'm not using it on on my laptop, I'm using it on my phone.

I'm not on forums in the middle of class. It would be uber distracting. I'm distracted enough as it is.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries

Fair enough. There's no hate for your answer. I used to think MySpace was the bees knees and Facebook was crap. But then I ditched MySpace for Facebook.

I get equally excited when I get a notification from TFF and Facebook!

Forums vs Social Network.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    I get equally excited when I get a notification from TFF and Facebook!
    Same here.

Although, I hate it when I get a notification on Facebook and it's only for something I don't care about, like someone else I don't know posting a comment on a picture or status of someone I also commented on or, and this happens to me sometimes, when it'll say I have a new notification, only for me to check it and it's something I had already seen. Lame.

Memento RK TFF versus FACEBOOK Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I turned most of the notifications off. When I get them on my phone, they get extremely redundant. I like to see things once and only once.

PS, added and posted. Feel free to add me to facebook if you like. I have nothing to hide.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries

Totally agree Cereal Killer. I also hate it when you get a notification for a game request! Lol.

Totally agree Cereal Killer. I also hate it when you get a notification for a game request! Lol.
    Yeah, those too.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) TFF versus FACEBOOK che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apples and oranges.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

I don't have facebook, but I've had TFF for over 9 years now. TFF ftdub, nuccas.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use both regularly as they're both always on an open tab, so I can't pick between the two.

I enjoy both for completely different reasons though. Facebook is a good place for me to catch up with friends, and stalk people a little bit (stupid teachers not setting privacy settings... bwahahaha...) and to laugh at stupid people in stupid pictures. Also, almost every single one of my friends is an attention seeker on there. "Omg, I'm so sad. Omg, I want to cry. Omg, I want to hug someone. Omg, I'm horny. Omg, I know what they did last summer." In a way, it frustrates me more than me getting joy out of the place. Whatevs.

As for TFF, I can't seem to leave this place. I've got some good friends on here, who 99.5% of the time I'm glad I don't have some added on facebook. Because I'll probably hate you all if I added you on facebook. But yeah... I like the atmosphere, the shits and giggles, and reading up on something more worthy of my time, instead of the usual "Omg, my boyfriend/girlfriend isn't with me right now, and I get to see them tomorrow, but I'm still gonna whine about it because I'm a needy bitch," shit I usually find on facebook.

So... ya. I like both.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor TFF versus FACEBOOK Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a facebook, used it regularly for about a week. Then I deactivated it. So much drama, and bullshit.

I love forums though, especially TFF.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

On MY Facebook, all it seems anybody ever talks about is either getting high, getting drunk and/or complaining their life is so bad when I'd kill to have half the life they do (in short, I'm a loner loser ).

And if they're not talking about that in their statuses, they're usually posting videos of wackass "rappers" like Drake, Boosie and Wiz Khalifa or they're quoting one of their stupid songs.

Registered User TFF versus FACEBOOK Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

About four years ago, if I'd had Facebook, I would've said TFF because I was in love with the forums back then. Nowadays, I'd have to say Facebook.

Facebook's great because if one of my friends wants to organise an outing for us, they just have to make an inbox message with all of us in so we can all talk about it. It's great because it's so much easier than wasting credit on our phones (which I never have lol) or travelling to all the different estates we live in just to see if we wanna go out next weekend, ya know?

It also provides me with a lot of entertainment, I have to say. There's a girl I know from school on my Facebook who always talks about how much she loves her boyfriend, and how they always argue, what they're arguing about, etc. She doesn't know what the word privacy means, haha. Another girl I know posts about Cheryl Cole 24/7. Every single status she posts is about her. I eventually got so annoyed with it, I had to block her ¬.¬ lol. Another funny thing is when girls from my school posts pictures of themselves with they're tits hanging out and about 9 layers of make up on their face, and they're like "omg i h8 dis 1 i luk so ugly!!!11!111". Fuunnnyyyy.

I used to spend quite a lot of my time on TFF a few years ago... nowadays I lurk a lot, I come on for about 5 minutes a day if I can. I'm not sure if it's the people or the topics or what, just seems like the place is strewn with trolls now. Even people who never really used to be trolls seem to have jumped on the bandwagon. Yet I still can't seem to help coming back haha.

Blog Entries

I always hate those girls WHO ARE PRETTY , who have a photo album called, I wish I was pretty. They only do it because they want everyone to be like, 'oh you're so gorgeous' Haha stupid girls!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) TFF versus FACEBOOK che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always hate those girls WHO ARE PRETTY , who have a photo album called, I wish I was pretty. They only do it because they want everyone to be like, 'oh you're so gorgeous' Haha stupid girls!
    What I hate even more than that are those ugly girls who do the same thing, but it's worse because you can't even say they're gorgeous! **** ugly girls!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

I'll find you, no matter what. TFF versus FACEBOOK FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TFF definitly. I've only been on a few months vs the two years I've been on FB and I've had no problems here. On FB, they are always changing things or deleting stuff. My friend list is always disappearing and I can hardly do more than post stuff on my wall. Here, people are nice, and friendly, and know a lot about the FF games which I love a lot.

Trust Me.

Blog Entries

Hahaha. Yeah. Or even those photos where there is a really ugly girl, with a really pretty girl, and the ugly one is making a horrible face, as an attempt to take all the focus off the pretty girl. And all it does is make the pretty girl, more pretty.

That's such a horrible thing to say! But it is true.

Hewerya love...? TFF versus FACEBOOK seanb's Avatar

I hate when people put albums on FB called .. 'Random' ...Like C'MON SHUT UP... Or albums called 'Nights out xXx' or another classic .. 'fUn Tymes <3 x'

I hate that.

And status' such as: 'Time for bed!! lol' ... or 'homemade cookies NOM NOM NOM' ... THOSE PEOPLE CAN FUNK OFF

man I hate facebook

Crash Boom Bang TFF versus FACEBOOK Lily's Avatar

Facebook. I can't arrange shopping/nights out/piss ups with you lot

Though, not many of my friends are into the gaming lark, so forums fill that part of my needs when am sat in bored at home.

I really could be doing something constructive, like...housework..... or actual gaming rather than just talking about it, or painting, seeing as Ive been telling people yeah il paint you that, and the canvases are still in the wrapper

I just chat shit regardless... actually, Id probably say that FB and forums in general are tied seeing as I spend an awful lot of time wasting my life away on both... maybe FB noses ahead just slightly due to it keeping me in touch with all my irl pals and wot not

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    I hate when people put albums on FB called .. 'Random' ...Like C'MON SHUT UP... Or albums called 'Nights out xXx' or another classic .. 'fUn Tymes <3 x'

I hate that.

And status' such as: 'Time for bed!! lol' ... or 'homemade cookies NOM NOM NOM' ... THOSE PEOPLE CAN FUNK OFF

man I hate facebook
    People tend to get my bowel movements updates on FB

Or if ive done something stupid and I feel like sharing my stupidity.

I think my biggest irritation with FB is those folk that are constantly either whining abo9ut how shite their life is, or those that just make you want to throw up I LOVE MY MAN SO SO SO SO MUCH HES THE BEST THING EVER IM SO IN LOVE, and then worse, those were they reply and are like, I love you so much to babycakes, and its that vomit worthy shit batted back and forth

people airing their dirty laundry is amusing - though id never do it myself, its just sad. Yeah Im an open person but ****in hell

Oh oh, or the typical I LOVE -insert name here- next week, I HATE -insert etc etc- and just that over and over
    Last edited by Lily; 07-21-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Passing fair judgement TFF versus FACEBOOK Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I hate FB, it's been a source of pain for me and I will never go on. TFF is awesome, I've been able to talk to a lot of great people on here. I have a great TFF family, that I regard as highly as my direct family.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

All is One.One is All. TFF versus FACEBOOK Firefly's Avatar

I have had facebook for about a year now,and the only reason I like it is because of certain games on there lol! I mean,FB is nothing but drama or " OMG,I wish he/she would get here already. I miss my baby soo much." I mean rly,stfu,no one cares how much you miss your 'baby', and blah blah.

TFF is a whole different story, it is fun here,you get to meet people,have fun,maybe crack up every once in a while,discuss things,etc. So my answer goes to TFF :]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Bananarama TFF versus FACEBOOK Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's much more likely that my opinions would get me barred from certain employment if shared on facebook. TFF it is!

Also, there's way too much drama that just isn't fun when fb is involved. TFF drama is awesome because it ends as soon as i clicky the red x at the top of my screen. other than that, I'll get a few texts from fellow TFFer's saying "we're going to hell."

Good times
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

is not a douche TFF versus FACEBOOK Bubble Boy's Avatar

haha, I still use myspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    haha, I still use myspace.
    I still have my myspace,but I can never get on it. It always lags me out >.< I pretty much dumped myspace for facebook hehe
    My TFF Family:

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

I remember the first time I joined Facebook, I said to my friend at the time, that Facebook was s**t and I will never use it and she agreed. Now we both use it all the time

MySpace was cool because you could personalise your page with cool backgrounds etc. But for some reason Facebook appeals to me more now. MySpace is good for bands and such, to promote themselves, but that's about it.

Passing fair judgement TFF versus FACEBOOK Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Myspace is old news, anyone who is anyone has a FB. Accept me, I can be a someone without it .
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Magistrate View Post
    Myspace is old news, anyone who is anyone has a FB. Accept me, I can be a someone without it .
    Nope..,without fb you are a nobody And if you don't play Farmville(like my nana does CONSTANTLY) then you aren't cool

( Lol, I guess I am a non-cool nobody xD )
    My TFF Family:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast