Thread: Soooo.... how do you..

Soooo.... how do you..

How do you pass time when traveling?

I'm sitting in Argentina international airport waiting to check in, bored out of my mind.

Kinda wish I had my Ds or a book with me, my friends are sitting beside me buried in a book, im jelly, there are book stores here, I saw a game of thrones book and jumped at it but alas, its in Spanish

Only an hour left before I can check in, then another 3 hours of waiting around, I hope there are more book shops with English books or somewhere to buy new headphones, my last pair just randomly stopped working, which is a shame

We kinda had go come straight to the airport as its election day in Argentina and EVERYTHING shuts down and we had to check out

Anyways, what do you guys/gals do to kill time in your travels??

I really need to read more I think

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Soooo.... how do you.. che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's only one international airport in Argentina?

I usually reddit on my phone. Keeps me entertained for hours.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Queen Soooo.... how do you.. Crescent's Avatar
    I always take my PSP and DS (& laptop, if I can be bothered lugging it around) with me on trips and ensure all are fully charged beforehand. For me I LOVE (j)rpgs on my handhelds, they're great on the go. Earlier this year I took a 2 wk trip overseas with my friends. I had some movies and anime saved onto my laptop already so on the plane we alternated between episodes of DBZ and Avatar then movies(Anastasia, Battle Royale, Advent Children Complete n Monsters Inc). Whilst waiting for our flight back to Aus we were all pretty tired so I played my favourite game of all time on my PSP with my friend sleeping on my shoulder. Or u kno I could be eating

I usually take my PSP but now that I have a laptop I take that, but my recent travel was me moving to Texas and I was driving so couldn't even play my PSP.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Soooo.... how do you.. noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate flying. I've only flown like 5 times total domestically and never overseas.

I read. Or hit up a bar or play on my phone or sleep.

Flying makes me a nervous wreck. And spouting how there's less accidents/deaths in airplane than in a car will not sway me. The bf said something about flying to the Philippines at some point. I told him he better find a boat instead. Or get me a parachute to put on.

I'm an excellent swimmer. I have no wings, thus I cannot fly on my own

Boxer of the Galaxy Soooo.... how do you.. Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I hate flying. I've only flown like 5 times total domestically and never overseas.

I read. Or hit up a bar or play on my phone or sleep.

Flying makes me a nervous wreck. And spouting how there's less accidents/deaths in airplane than in a car will not sway me. The bf said something about flying to the Philippines at some point. I told him he better find a boat instead. Or get me a parachute to put on.

I'm an excellent swimmer. I have no wings, thus I cannot fly on my own
    I also dislike flying. Luckily its only 7 hours to Japan and that is the only place I believe I'll be going to in the foreseable future. Actually trying to save up to go there at the end of next year. I think $4k each is a comfortable amount for a 2 week stay.

Flying is grand, I fly all the time, sure i spent 14 hours on a plane today, Life is too short to worry over such things if you ask me

Last time ill go unprepared for travel again, was bored out of my mind and couldnt catch any sleep, even after lucking out and getting 4 middle seats all to myself to lie down.

Watched 4 movies on the plane, thank god for them mini screens and decent movie choices, that 14 hours could have been alot more hellish without

Blog Entries
    nix if i may ask, what kind of things for work do you do, that lets you visit the world so often? I'm jealous of your ventures to all the places you've visited
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

My job is pretty shitty, i work for a betting company (gambling), i hate it, im on pretty much just above minimum wage, i had saved for awhile for this holiday, it was a friends wedding, which was on an island off Brazil (ihlabella) so we decided to go and do some travel around the region (Rio, Iguazu, Paraty, Buenos Aires). I try and get away over seas these days at least 1-2 times a year ATLEAST! its great to take in a new place/city, nothing like it!

Whats stopping YOU?!

Boxer of the Galaxy Soooo.... how do you.. Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Whats stopping YOU?!
    $

Queen Soooo.... how do you.. Crescent's Avatar
    I LOVE flying as well! Im that person that looks forward to the plane rides more than the destination! I guess its the anticipation or the fact that at one point the turbulence could lead to my watery grave. Anyway all the times Ive been overseas, Im always sitting with whomever Im travelling with on the plane n not any creeps/perverts, so from what I hear Im lucky?! ;D. In just under a months time Im heading to the pacific islands for another 1-2 weeks with only a few friends this time to sightsee n relax on their beautiful *uncrowded* beaches, go canoeing, mountain/riverwalks, n the like. One of my favourite places is swimming in the cave pool in Samoa the water's freezing at first but u get used to it. Um so anyways If you havent been overseas..hop to it ur missing out. I like Christmas n New Years here at home so Im happy to be back before then.

#LOCKE4GOD Soooo.... how do you.. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Airports are ****ing boring, I sympathise. I think I made a similar thread a few months ago where I conclusively determined airports to be the most boring places in the world. I've only ever flown domestically though, so I usually just browse in the CD/book stores for half an hour and then we're away. I love being in the air, I could stare at clouds and shit all day. The worst part is when you land and you have to wait for everyone to get out. Planes with doors only at the front are crap.

Although it does come across as a first world problem. I wish I was in South America It should be harder for you to complain about that.

Well yeah of course it costs money, but its just about prioritising your savings, I don't spend money much, it just ends up getting saved, so i can get away more frequently living like that, and i don't have a car and live at home currently so I'm not hemorrhaging money on bills, which is good as I'm getting paid alot less than i used to get paid, i need to get a new job, current one is an old shitty job i used to do that was only meant to be a temp till i found better. I'm in that job nearly a year now, damn my laziness!!

I can tell you, if gaming was as it used to be, id have alot less money, but there is little to no games that excite me anymore sadly, i may come across one game in a year that i like and it may not be even good enough to make me get it. Versus buying dozens of games a year back when things were good

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Soooo.... how do you.. noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I also dislike flying. Luckily its only 7 hours to Japan and that is the only place I believe I'll be going to in the foreseable future. Actually trying to save up to go there at the end of next year. I think $4k each is a comfortable amount for a 2 week stay.

Haha. I guess it doesn't help that the very first time I flew was the weekend after 9/11.

I've never been out of the country. Sad face. Unless you count going to the U.S./Mexico border. It wasn't fun. At all.

Oddly enough, airports fascinate me. I went to Jerzey a few yrs ago and landed in Philly.. I hate their airport. They won't even let you into the main bit until an hour & a 1/2 before your flight is scheduled to leave. It's bogus. IDK if they've changed it since then, but whatevs.

The Mad God Soooo.... how do you.. Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Last time I was on a plane, I slept the entire way. Best flight of my life.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Lucky guy Mr Angel!

I always try and sleep on long hauls but only end up drifting in and out of a light sleep, the flight from Argentina to Paris took 12 hours, my friend strategically picked our seats on the plane around a bunch of empty seats (it wasnt a full plane) all 3 of us managed to get a row of 4 seats to ourselves..

As soon as take off hit, it was arms up and i was sprawled over 4 seats tucked under a blanky with 4-5 pillows under my head, i still couldnt get to sleep, not into a deep one anyway. Lying down on a plane isnt as good as it sounds, you can hear the movements of the plane more, so i just watched a load of movies and tried falling asleep watching them, no joy

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't flown much, and I don't travel much either I'm afraid. Buuut, can't go wrong with books - they don't run out of batteries, and they're inexpensive to replace if they get ruined or lost, and can entertain you for hours. However, sometimes one book just isn't enough - I once read the whole of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in half a day when at a caravan park, then contemplated reading it again because I had nothing to do (pre-PSP days). They're pretty bulky too.

If I'm going on a long car/train journey, I bring along my PSP and/or 3DS. I always have my iTouch on me, and a few of the standard games downloaded to play offline (Angry Birds, Siege Hero, Temple Run, Crazy Copter, Flow Free and Monopoly). The iTouch drains like a muffin' fudger when playing games though, so I try and keep it for music and the odd wi-fi hotspot.

I can't be ****ed with the laptop - it's too heavy, and is getting too old to work properly. It's a burden in about a million ways.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Bananarama Soooo.... how do you.. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't fly often, and I'd say literally 9 times out of 10, the flights have been on time and hassle free, so I usually just do boring things like read a book or putz around on my phone while waiting to board. The last time I flew though, there was a storm that we were going to be flying through (going from Chicago back to NY), and I didn't really feel like dealing with that, so I went over to the airport sports bar and had a few tallboys. Slept it off on the fight home and I was good to go when I was back on the ground.

On drives, I'm usually the one driving, since I used to drive for 8-10 hours a day for work, and can handle driving long distances without whining about it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Soooo.... how do you.. Cyric's Avatar
    Travel is one of the reasons that I ended up purchasing a Kindle. I love reading and having a Kindle has made it much easier to carry a significant amount of books with me while traveling. I usually finish a book in a day and a half, so it is too much of a hassle to carry more than 2 books with me when I'm traveling. I can finish books much more quickly when flying since that's all I have to do at that time.

Blog Entries
    I try to sleep too. It doesn't usually work though; I can't ever seem to find a comfortable position whilst riding on a plane. I take books, hand held gaming consoles, and mp3 players with me, but those don't usually hold my interest. Last couple flights I've been on, I've been sitting right next to a wing and the sky was overcast, so I could barely see anything down below anyway. First couple flights I was ever on, I loved; they were an hour and a half long, the sky was clear, and I was sitting next to a non-wing window. It felt like an adventure. Now it feels like an uncomfortable event in life.

One time I was at the Dallas/Ft Worth Airport for the majority of the day. That was LOADS of fun. I had my laptop with me, so I chatted with Dodie and S a lot of the time. I also walked around and watched TV.

Another thing about flying is that I find I generally get flights that require me to get up at like 2 AM. Always tired...

Death Before Dishonor Soooo.... how do you.. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't like to take airplanes. If I travel anywhere in the states I drive there. Usually I take my tablet with me, and I will play on it whenever I am not driving.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!