Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some people on this site get mad so easily...

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Some people on this site get mad so easily...

Good thing TFF has those anti-trolling rules.
    Oh wait, they only apply to some people, might be best as a new member to test the waters and see if they apply to you or not.
    victoria aut mors

Who don't they apply to?

Whoever's not getting done for trolling, particularly when a staff member notes that they're either a troll or trolling.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furore View Post
    Whoever's not getting done for trolling, particularly when a staff member notes that they're either a troll or trolling.
    PROTIP: If you feel like people are trolling, then use the report button so the email gets sent to the mod and the issue can be resolved. Otherwise, it's pointless to whine about the trolling because either A) the issue has been reported and will be appropriately handled, or B) the issue has not been reported and will not be appropriately handled until it has been reported. It's very black and white and idk how some people don't understand that especially after being a member on the forums for that long.

anywho, I think that everyone should take their crazy pills so we can all be friends and no one can be mad at anybody yay
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Passing fair judgement Some people on this site get mad so easily... Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    PROTIP: If you feel like people are trolling, then use the report button so the email gets sent to the mod and the issue can be resolved. Otherwise, it's pointless to whine about the trolling because either A) the issue has been reported and will be appropriately handled, or B) the issue has not been reported and will not be appropriately handled until it has been reported. It's very black and white and idk how some people don't understand that especially after being a member on the forums for that long.

anywho, I think that everyone should take their crazy pills so we can all be friends and no one can be mad at anybody yay
    I vouch for your thoughts, sounds good to me.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Crash Boom Bang Some people on this site get mad so easily... Lily's Avatar

Im a grumpy ****, according to the lads I work with ):

Not sure if that comes across online, I always thought I was rather pleasant -tips hat-

Passing fair judgement Some people on this site get mad so easily... Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Im a grumpy ****, according to the lads I work with ):

Not sure if that comes across online, I always thought I was rather pleasant -tips hat-
    You don't seem grumpy on here, maybe they're jealous of you.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Crash Boom Bang Some people on this site get mad so easily... Lily's Avatar

I think they just like to torment me

Though they do run for cover when it's rag week. I breath fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I think they just like to torment me

Though they do run for cover when it's rag week. I breath fire
    If you breath fire I would run to lol. Some people like to do that, I've concluded it's because they're jealous.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Bananarama Some people on this site get mad so easily... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm one of the people immune to any and all trolling rules here, and it makes people so happy. I even have my own fan club, dedicated to analyzing my posts and vowing not to rest until they've saved the internet.

Oh, I'm back, bitches.

SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I'm always trolling, never caught.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Some people on this site get mad so easily... Oneesan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I'm always trolling, never caught.
    I think that means your loved ! I haven't really considered anyone as mad since I have joined. Passionate, yes; crazy as f**k, h*ll yes! I haven't had this much fun in ages!!! Thank you :')

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    If reporting posts in the past has failed, what're your chances in the future? But no, I'm not whining, just filling a new member in on how this place works. I stopped giving a shit myself about the same time several months back that I picked a new main forum and linked it to those that also had a problem with this place.

I actually think the relaxedness on some members' rule breaking does this site fairly well these days. Most of those that cared left, and those that remain like a bit of trolling from what I can see. It's still less anarchic then most Final Fantasy sites I've browsed have gotten.
    victoria aut mors

Boxer of the Galaxy Some people on this site get mad so easily... Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Some people on this site do get too mad and it does get a little uncomfortable when that happens. Recently, I had someone threaten to sue me for giving them a warning. For example.

But in che's case, I can pretty much guarantee that he is never ever serious.
    So people only get warned for swearing and trolling if they are being serious? Sounds like bullshit favouritism to me.

Gingersnap Some people on this site get mad so easily... OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I warn people when they are trying to hurt other people's feelings or make them angry or are otherwise shitting on the community we have at this forum. You were warned because you have done that on occasion.

And a lot of people (people I'm friends with, even) do get warnings for trolling or spamming but they don't freak out about it and make it everyone's business. Just because you don't hear, say, nix or che freaking out about the warnings they've earned doesn't mean they haven't gotten them. So stop trolling me.

Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Boxer of the Galaxy Some people on this site get mad so easily... Rowan's Avatar

I was reffering to the OP posting what I took as a non-troll post then having someone tell her to go **** herself then you just make a joke out of it. Not once did i mention any warnings I got. I probably deserved them.

edit:
    just because you can't tell,
    im not pissed off or anything. Kick back, have a drink.

Blog Entries

nix was warned for that post. I was the mod who issued the warning.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

Its not true, Oceaneyes always lets me away without warnings, i haven't received a warning in years..

All the mods love me, and all the newbies wanna be me.. oh yeah

I don't get favored. lol
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People get mad on the internet. Why? Because everyone has an opinion, everyone thinks they're right, and everyone thinks they're ****ing hilarious. It's a big clash, and before you know it, there's a row/debate/discussion. It's not just on this site.

Don't take anyone too seriously here. I don't even know how some people aren't uber warned or banned yet, if I'm honest. Everyone is friendly though, I can tell you that much - just need to give them a little time, hop in on a few msn conversations, and you're welcomed into the family. A heated discussion in a thread doesn't mean you're hated on, or people are getting angry (even though it seems like it sometimes), just some people prefer to... to put it in words, shout their opinions over everyone else's.

Just imagine talking to everyone you meet in the street, and see who'll get mad or be friendly back. I speak to a good few hundred customers at work everyday, and some are in bad moods and some will be in good moods; some will be uptight and serious, and others jokey and laid back; others will be quiet and withdrawn, and some talkative and hyper. Everyone's different, so try not to let it get to you.

EDIT: 90% of the posts in this thread deserve a warning. Jus' sayin'.
    jk

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

is not a douche Some people on this site get mad so easily... Bubble Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshNStuff View Post
    I'm new here, and I'm still observing everything and everyone to see how this site works. One thing is for sure; you can't get kicked out. Maybe you could, but I've seen some pretty rude shit in just the one day that I've been here. All I know is that there are a few people I've seen that are in dire need of a blunt. Is this how everyone is? Should I delete my account? I wanna know what you, the veterans, think about all this.
    ...Not a veteran, but... Don't delete your account, that seems wasteful - just give me your password and call it a day.

Weighting of warnings is the real thing.
    I mean some people (yours truly strikes a nerve I suppose?) occasionally gain one of those warnings worth was it 34% I think? Something like that, I remember working out three would have me banned.

Now, it everyone was getting warnings with that weight for trolling a few people would currently be banned. Once again, I think your current system works for those who're making the most threads/posts of late, so I ain't criticising or nothing, but it is something that stands out to me about TFF and don't apply to any other forum I'm active with. And I mean shit, I get warned regularly on one cause it has a PG language rule and that ain't my thing, but hey, everyone else is warned the same way.
    victoria aut mors

I invented Go-Gurt. Some people on this site get mad so easily... Clint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    So people only get warned for swearing and trolling if they are being serious? Sounds like bullshit favouritism to me.
    No, people only get warned if they obviously break a rule. However, if you break the rules is a subtle and joking manner, nobody seems to notice or care.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post

Just imagine talking to everyone you meet in the street,
    That doesn't make any sense. There are approximately 2,893.74409 streets in the entire world. I'm assuming that the street you're referring to is the red light district/drug trade capitol of Phoenix, Arizona; Martin Luther King Boulevard. And for that I ask, what the hell is wrong with you, and why would you want to talk to anybody on that street?

Blog Entries

I am like most mods on any site. If someone breaks a rule, I do try to give them the lowest warning I can. However, if someone is harassing/bullying/trolling me (or other mods/members), then yes, I will give a higher percentage to let them know it's time to stop. If they don't, I'll warn them until they're banned and I won't miss them. Some members are facetious and sarcastic, but they contribute to the community and I'd hate to see them go (as would others), so I let what I can slide (as was requested of me by several members in several threads years back when this place was considered too strict). But if someone is making this forum unpleasant for me or others, yes, I will work to have them removed. You might consider that favoritism. I consider it my job as a moderator here.

However, once they leave me (or whoever they were bothering) alone, I don't bother them anymore. Have I bothered you since?

There are a few members who I have actually banned who came back after their ban was lifted and now we're fine. I don't hold grudges, I just do the best I can for this forum.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 07-19-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    nix was warned for that post. I was the mod who issued the warning.
    Actually nix was warned twice for that post. I removed mine shortly after it was issued because I realized that you had already warned him. Point still stood though even though the second set of points was removed, a mod and an s mod both disapproved.

Also text format is a bitch. Hard to depict sarcasm from seriousness unless you know the members posting style. Also being blunt (not smoking blunt) can lead to people being offended if others don't know them.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Some people on this site get mad so easily... Selcopa's Avatar

I generally try to take the route that will offend people the most, occassionally i'll have a relevant point or even a funny joke to go along with it.

I haven't gotten any warnings that I remember so I guess i'll have to try harder.
    http://www.kadokado.com?ref=Selcopa ~Free games with some prizes

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Some people on this site get mad so easily... nickness89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    To an extent I agree with this post. Some mods/admins on forums can say they are trying to be fair with everyone, but there is always favouritism in the world (especially on forums).

Also I've noticed a few trollings/flamings that are totally OBVIOUS but get let go, then someone who simply states an opinion that gets a warning, a 34-pointer.

This screams power trip to me
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickness89 View Post
    To an extent I agree with this post. Some mods/admins on forums can say they are trying to be fair with everyone, but there is always favouritism in the world (especially on forums).

Also I've noticed a few trollings/flamings that are totally OBVIOUS but get let go, then someone who simply states an opinion that gets a warning, a 34-pointer.

This screams power trip to me
    Report the posts then. Simples.

Mods don't have twenty four hours to waste sitting on this site and dishing out warnings to every single tongue that goes out of place. Report what you don't like, and we'll deal with it.

As for favouritism, yes, I think some people do get let off a little easier than others. But you have to understand most of us have been here years, and therefore have developed an understanding of some people's posts and how they post. So "favouritism" = "understanding" in a lot of cases here.

Also, a lot of you don't seem to know about verbal warnings. A lot of the time, a verbal warning will shut people up. You might not see them, but that doesn't mean they weren't dished out in PMs or via msn.

I'll say again: find out where the report button is and use it before you call favouritism.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Some people on this site get mad so easily... nickness89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity
    Report the posts then. Simples.

Mods don't have twenty four hours to waste sitting on this site and dishing out warnings to every single tongue that goes out of place. Report what you don't like, and we'll deal with it.

As for favouritism, yes, I think some people do get let off a little easier than others. But you have to understand most of us have been here years, and therefore have developed an understanding of some people's posts and how they post. So "favouritism" = "understanding" in a lot of cases here.

Also, a lot of you don't seem to know about verbal warnings. A lot of the time, a verbal warning will shut people up. You might not see them, but that doesn't mean they weren't dished out in PMs or via msn.

I'll say again: find out where the report button is and use it before you call favouritism.
    I can see exactly what you mean. But then again, there are threads on here in relation to posts being reported, but nothing being done.

I personally thing that, no matter how long anyone has been a member of anything, they shouldn't get a little more "understanding" treatment than anyone else, because it can have the label "understanding" on it, but it still is favouritism, where someone is known to be slightly over-exciteable in debates, and gets away with it because they have been a member of something for years and the main honchos have an "understanding" of him/her.

For example, that would be tantamount to Christians. Let's say Rob has been a Christian for years. Then Jamima comes along, has had a religious experience, and is now a born-again Christian. The "understanding" idea would be exactly like "God" forgiving Rob for having adulterous thoughts, because he has an understanding that it is hard for Rob to hold his thoughts back. Whereas, he smites down Jamima for having adulterous thoughts, because he doesn't yet have an "understanding" of her and she hasn't been a Christian for too long (and I know this is nothing like what the Christian faith is ACTUALLY like obviously, it is a metaphor, and a very good one at that ).

This would be favouritism, but of course, if there is a Christian God, then He has said he treats everyone as equals, not matter how wrong or bad they are.

Just like a forum, people will all be different with different opinions, but the more "loyal" of the group get away with slightly more than the newer members. You can't call it anything else other than favouritism. I have read countless posts on here about the treatment of certain members over others (funny how some disappear ) and to be honest, either everyone who messes up (even as a joke gone wrong) should receive a warning, or no-one receives a warning. All or none at all. Even if it is a joke gone wrong, or someone trolls or flames as a joke without making it plainly obvious, then they too should be punished for being stupid enough to not make their intentions clear.

Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Just report the post, even if you see no change in anything you can feel good about knowing you did what you felt was right.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast