View Poll Results: what soda can you not stand? (or you can LEAST stand?)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mountain Dew (do the Dew....doooo it)

2 18.18%
  • Coca Cola (thank garsh it ain't made with actual coke anymore)

4 36.36%
  • Sprite (what a spritely fellow, indeed!)

1 9.09%
  • Pepsi (or as me Indian mates call it, "Bebsiiii" xD)

1 9.09%
  • Root Beer (the beer for the people who drink like actual beer)

1 9.09%
  • Shastaaaa (the generic bros)

1 9.09%
  • Dr. Pepper (whassuuuup Doc?)

4 36.36%
  • Grape Soda/Orange Soda/Strawberry Soda/Moogle Soda/Moose Soda/banana soda/ whaaaaaaaa? she's nuuuuuts....

2 18.18%
  • Other/Specify

6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Soda Thread.

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ The Soda Thread. pixergirl's Avatar

The Soda Thread.

This thread is for ALL THINGS SODA~!!!!! YAAAAAAh.
    do you like soda?
    do you HATE soda?
    do you have a special soda-drinking RITUAL that you MUST follow every time you drink one?
    do you like a very weird kind of soda?
    do mix sodas together?
    do you get a weird bubbly feeling inside of you when you drink soda?
    are you immune to the caffienated effects of sodaaaa?
    are you your own personal soda yoda??
    do tell. i will share more if i get some posts on here!
    come on y'all! let's doooo dissss!
    sodaaaaaaaaa
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

Registered User The Soda Thread. Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Soda Thread.

I love coca-cola.

I used to drink so many glasses of coke every day until I realised, Hey, that's the reason I'm overweight. So about a year and a half ago I cut it out of my diet completely, and stopped buying it so there was absolutely none in the house to tempt me. Water and juice were my substitutes and eventually over six months I lost just over a stone in weight. Wooo.

I still don't drink it on a daily basis or have it in the house anymore, but I will have it if I'm out for a meal or at the cinema, or if I go to McDonalds etc. These types of things only happen about once a month so I'm still nowhere near as bad as I used to be.

Coca-cola is my weakness.

Does anyone else hate when you order coke from somewhere and they say "is Pepsi okay?". No, it's not okay, it's rude.

No but really, there is a difference between them. There is.

TFF's Resident Messenger The Soda Thread. Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I drink only one can of soda each day. Normally at dinner time. I don't drink anything with caffeine in it. At the beginning of each month, I get a 12-pack each of Root Beer (preferably Mug, A&W tastes weird to me), Orange Crush, and Grape Crush. If the store has it, I will sometimes replace one of the fruity sodas with Strawberry, Cherry, or Blue Raspberry.

I don't like drinking soda straight from the can or bottle. I have to pour it into a cup. And usually with ice.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I invented Go-Gurt. The Soda Thread. Clint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post
    Does anyone else hate when you order coke from somewhere and they say "is Pepsi okay?". No, it's not okay, it's rude.

The only difference is the brand name. Other then that, they're exactly the same.

Anyway, I don't like regular soda. I don't like a lot of sugar in my drinks, and soda has an immense amount of sugar per can, due to soda companies being weird and thinking that people enjoy drinking a can of sugar.

I don't mind diet soda, however, it's loaded with a lot of salt, which I also don't appreciate.

So here's how soda companies work. Either you drink a can of sugar, which isn't good for you, or you drink a can of salt, which isn't good for you. There is no in-between. So no matter what you drink, if it's a form of soda, it's bad for you.

And that is why I try to avoid soda. But occasionally I do indulge myself with a diet soda.

Hewerya love...? The Soda Thread. seanb's Avatar

Okay firstly, in relation to this and your other thread, its not soda its ****in mineral/pop! and candy?! its ****in sweets! dayum americans think yis own the place!
    haha just messin love yous really,

but yea, im a serious coke addict, must be the caffine and sugar combo... dont care if its pepsi or coke either way, good stuff

I believe in freedom of choice. Therefore I chose all.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

No Jones soda people here? Huge fan of the stuff. Not a fan of their thanksgiving flavors or blue bubble gum but other than that it is pretty great. Not to mention collecting the bottles, I mean with thousands of pictures out there it is a pretty neat concept.
    EBG

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Soda Thread. Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post

Honestly, can't taste the difference, but that's just me.

As for my own choice, Coke, Fanta and 7up, not often though.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Gingersnap The Soda Thread. OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I stopped drinking soda years ago. It's too sweet and the additives are enough by themselves to keep me away.

However.... I was at Whole Foods yesterday and stumbled upon Dry Soda. It's a soda made with less sugar, so it's 45-70 calories a pop and less sweet. Also, it's ingredients list looks like this: purified carbonated water, cane sugar, natural extract, phosphoric acid.

Interested, I bought the Vanilla Bean flavor (cream soda being an old favorite of mine). It's great, actually! It focuses more on the vanilla flavor than the sweetness of the drink and I am definitely interested in trying their other flavors (Wild Lime, Lavender, Blood Orange, Cucumber and Rhubarb), particularly the lavender.

Just in case anyone was curious about that sort of thing.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

The Old Skool Warrior The Soda Thread. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I bet blood orange is delightful!

I cropped soda out of my dietary intake a long time ago, and it really had nothing to do with wanting to lose weight or be healthier. I still consume the random Pepsi or occasional caffeine free soda (A&W root beer, Sprite, etc.), but it's not often at all any more. Soda hurts my teeth, and I prefer to have enamel on my chompers.

I do, however, drink a LOT of tea. Almost daily. Unsweetened, and typically without lemon. I like the taste of the tea leaves; the stronger, the better.

I may be a bit of a caffeine addict.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

"my destiny evades me" The Soda Thread. magewarrior's Avatar
    My one and only weakness is that I have to have a bottle of Diet Dr.Pepper at-least once a day or I'll go berserk lol

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ The Soda Thread. pixergirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Honestly, can't taste the difference, but that's just me.
    Coke is sweeter and um uh cokier....

but yea, im a serious coke addict, must be the caffine and sugar combo... dont care if its pepsi or coke either way, good stuff
    Coca-cola is my weakness.
    i wonder who it was who hated on the coke so heavily? :}

No Jones soda people here? Huge fan of the stuff.
    i've never had the actual Jones soda/pop/mineral before, but i've tried the little candies and those were soooo good...("again with candy? what is wrong with this girl?!?!" you must all be thinking.)

as for mE! as promised, my own personal soda habits!
    I don't drink a lot of soda/pop/mineral personally (i guess i'm more of a juice person) but i love Root beer. me fave, and i like it without ice, even possibly warm O_O yeaaaaah.
    also i do enjoy moose flavored soda/pop/mineral every now and then... (jk jk, no such thing as moose flavored, but if there was it would prolly taste gross and have a canadian mounty as it's spokesperson...no offense to canadians...sorry canadians. i love you. really i do.)

I believe in freedom of choice. Therefore I chose all.
    That is so awesome, Loaf. soooo. Epic. yahhhhh!
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

Chief Inspiring Officer The Soda Thread. Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not a big soda fan. That bubbly feeling makes me nauseous, so I need to take tiny sips, which I am not accustomed to. My favorite would be Teddy's Orange Cream Soda. It's g-HOOD.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

TFF's Token Imp The Soda Thread. Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Halie, there is most definitely a difference and I couldn't agree with you more! I find Pepsi much sweeter and a tad less carbonated than Coca-Cola. That said I like either.

I love soda. Too much. I love juices and milk and tea of course (I used to be the owner of a Tea club on here!) but I love my sodas. There's a massive range here in Aussieland that I'm slowly but surely working my way through. Schweppes have a big range of mineral water-based fruit sodas that I'm devouring and they're so cheap that I get them regularly. Favs would be a blood orange or pink grapefruit flavour. Other than that I've become seriously addicted to cream soda (it's all these people drink!) and orange and passionfruit drinkies. Top quality stuff.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Every time I drink Pepsi I get a taste of vanilla in it. Like I'm drinking a nasty ass Vanilla Vodka. Yeah my last post is a lie. I don't drink Pepsi. I mainly drink Dr. Pepper, the one and only.

Coke is good, whatever. RC Cola takes Coke out back and kicks his ass.

Dr. Pepper and RC Cola. Two greatest inventions of our time.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The King The Soda Thread. Tydis's Avatar

Man I used to love pinapple soda taring dat shit up after school is what I used to do it's been atleast a month since I drunk my last soda I would get tired of coke unless I mix it up with somthing I fell thats all cola is good for a mixture everything else is good besides mountain dew that soda I hate talk about wasting a dollar I could of had a V8..(SLAP!).
    Tydis

I thank THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON because it wasn't for this game I would have never started playing FINAL FANTASY and discovered FINAL FANTASY X which is my favorite game I would be more than happy to put this pic as my signature.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! The Soda Thread. Tallulah's Avatar

I had to find a PC to reply to thi thread, as I actually have a lot to say about it, and it is so awkward on my phone. I am getting a laptop for my birthday next week, so roll on the 16th. Anyway...

Working where I do, I get to work with fizzy drinks a lot. We have added a new drink called Fruitizz to our range (this is in UK McDonald's, so apologies for any disappointment) which is a raspberry, apple and grape juice mixed with 'semi-carbonated' water, meaning it's not as fizzy as say Coke or whatever. It has everyone divided; you either love it or hate it. I love it, and before I even tried it I knew I was going to like it. It is very sugary due to the fruit content (12 teaspoons per medium serving, apparently!) so I try not to have it so oft... aw, hell with it, I get one every break time!

I also have a tendancy to mix sodas. Thanks to Edwin, one of the guys at work, who mixes Fanta with Coke, I started experimenting with this. I have done Fanta and Oasis (still berry fruit drink), Fanta and Dr. Pepper (the only way I will drink Dr Pepper, the tanginess of the Fanta distracts from the sickly sweetness of Dr. Pepper; I just can't drink it by itself!), and Sprite and Fanta.

As for the Coke/Pepsi question, there is definitely a subtle difference; Pepsi is sweeter. Generally, I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but Pepsi Max (which I always get when I got to KFC or the cinema), is better than Coke. To complicate matters further, Coke from glass bottles, cans, plastic bottles and from a tap, all tastes different to me:

Glass Bottle > Tap > Cans > Plastic bottles.

I will drink Coke from a glass bottle whenever I can, but ironically I usually end up with them 500ml bottles.

The best soda/pop/fizzy drink I ever had was Diet Vanilla Coke (the full-sugar version was too sweet). It was available for a limited time in the UK about 10 years ago, and I lived off the stuff in college!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Mystyrion

I've cut down on my soda intake a lot.
    It use to be a 2 liter mountain dew twice a week.

Now its like maybe a 20oz coke once a week.

As far as preference goes,
    I like coke the best in dark soda
    sierra mist for light soda
    Minute maid pink lemonade is the best.
    Black Cherry Shasta mmmmm

Mountain dew makes me sick now. Dr. Pepper always has a weird reaction, it always foams the second it reaches my mouth, so it feels like I'm trying to slurp up as much soda from a shaken soda.