Thread: Snow!

Snow!

Yeah it's actually snowing real heavy in england for a change. It's so much fun especially considering we never have snow. I hope we have a real snow day tomorrow haven't had one of those in years.

Supposedly it's gona be 15cm thick by friday...Maybe that's an exageration though.

So has anyone else been effected by the snow today?

Asking all the personal questions. Snow! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I've never seen real snow in my life i liv in northen australia so there's little chance of it snowing it snow during the winter in southern parts of aus but not here
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    15cm by FRIDAY? Woah... I measured 27cm today, and it was still snowing at the time! My step dad just got in, and he was knee deep in the stuff...

I'm gald it snowed, despite me looking forward to going into college today. It never really snows, so I made the most of it! I spent a good 3 hours out side, just exploring every inch of my area... It just looked so beautiful... And thats a word you' never put in the same sentence as Hackney lol...

But yeah, its been great! Bit too cold though, but great!

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

It always makes me laugh how people that don't get a lot of snow think it's fun. It's not. At all. Sure, when you're a kid, it's something to play with and when it's only on the ground for a day or two, it's not so bad, but snow is like a loud guy that constantly makes jokes. Sure, when you're out with your friends as a group, he livens things up and seems like an awesome guy, but being around him on a constant basis starts to ware on your nerves and surely enough he starts to annoy the crap out of you. Snow's the same way. It's easy to say it's fun when it's not a foot deep for 8 or 9 months of the year.

As for how I was affected by the snow today, it was blowing in my face and I really didn't like it. It's cold and prickly.
    Last edited by Jin; 02-02-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Until now!

Jarad, for people who don't get snow, they enjoy it. We get snow rarely every winter in Vegas and we actually like it. Idiot drivers don't know what to do but whatever. We got a record of 6 INCHES couple months ago.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    It always makes me laugh how people that don't get a lot of snow think it's fun. It's not. At all. Sure, when you're a kid, it's something to play with and when it's only on the ground for a day or two, it's not so bad, but snow is like a loud guy that constantly makes jokes. Sure, when you're out with your friends as a group, he livens things up and seems like an awesome guy, but being around him on a constant basis starts to ware on your nerves and surely enough he starts to annoy the crap out of you. Snow's the same way. It's easy to say it's fun when it's not a foot deep for 8 or 9 months of the year.

As for how I was affected by the snow today, it was blowing in my face and I really didn't like it. It's cold and prickly.
    Haha, it was a pain in the arse for everyone though. London Transport stopped for most of the day, so everyone was walking to and from work, or places they had to be. And what about the poor older people? Gawd... horrible.

But you have to remember its rare it does snow, so... you just gotta make the most of it! Sure, there are places with snow everyday, but we only get a week or two of it every year or two.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Wow that's a lot of replies for 10minutes! Actually I never really thought about the people who might be stuck and those poor old people

I was too busy frolicking around in the snow and having fun. And you know I thought it would be much worse up here in the north but by all accounts it's much worse down the southern end of england.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkown Entity
    but we only get a week or two of it every year or two.
    People pay large sums of money to move to places where it snows 0 days a year, never mind that.

I really don't see the appeal of it. There's frozen water in your freezer. Or buy a bag of ice and pour it over your lawn. Let the good times roll.

Until now!

Yeah! I'm loving this snow, I hope it lasts through until tommorow aswell.

Got some pics:

The Faceless/Limbless Snowman

I really like this pole

Turned Out Red

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Goodness, you sure can hold a grudge, can't you? I'm sorry that you didn't know the word weather could be a verb and I did. Get over it. You're making a fool of yourself with your petty little vendetta.

A) I can't afford a car. B) I do wear a scarf. I need to see, however and don't fancy putting a scarf over my eyes. C) I can't afford to leave the country.

Now people, do you see my point? This is what too much snow does to people.
    Last edited by Jin; 02-02-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Until now!

Govinda
    This snow is really annoying me - not because it's here, but because the media in the UK have become obsessed with it. Big whoop, London and most of England is completely unprepared for snow. STFU and get some gritters. Aberdeen had over a foot and a half of snow for almost a week in December. A whiff on the news? No. There were plenty of car crashes on the rural roads, but apart from that we just stuck our heads down and got on with it. And fell over a lot.

Aside from that, I can't believe Heathrow doesn't have a heated runway or two! I know it rarely snows there, but you'll still have frost in the winter; and it's the world busiest airport, FFS. I work in an airport which is a fraction of the size of Heathrow's Terminal One, and even we have a heated runway just in case, and hot showers for frozen planes and choppers. And believe me, we are a miniscule little operation.

...so yeah, I just want the news back, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by El Valiente León
    I only responded to your comment because I, too, live in Winnipeg.
    No, you responded to my comment because you don't like me and wanted to put me in my place. Not to say that there's anything intrinsically wrong with not liking me, but at least have the tact to wait until I say something offensive or controversial before you tear into me instead of spewing this petty dribble. All you're doing is ruining a thread.

Your best option is to simply block me. I plan to reciprocate, so no worries.

Oh, and to respond to A, B and C in one word: no.
    Last edited by Jin; 02-02-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Until now!

Blog Entries
    We've prob had about a foot or two total this winter. I'm really sick of it. It's nice to have for christmas but after christmas theres nothing good about it. I just want summer and spring already. it's been way too cold,lots of ice and snow.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

it snow like 2.5 inches last night it was cool b/c it got use out of school. hell yeah!!!!!

oh yeah it was in NC, sparta.

Registered User Snow! winterborn86's Avatar
    What area of England are you in Lottiepop? cos I'm in Norwich (Norfolk) and we had rain on Monday evening that washed away the bit of snow we had on the Sunday. I'm not complaining mind you I hate the snow, but my lil girl was loving it.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I live in sheffield, probably near keyransolo.

It's kinda up north, in yorkshire, even though where I live is called south yorkshire. Umm it's a fairly large city, but I can't seem to find a map of it. Generally a nice place though!

Blog Entries
    Well in North carolina its snowing pretty good and they are saying there should be like somthing crazy like 10-12 inches. I spit out my coffee when I herd that.

Yup no school today!!!!YAY!