Thread: Sad news followed by a rant.

Sad news followed by a rant.

My father passed away this last Saturday. I know some of you already know this and comes as a shock to others.

To make a long story short he needed to be taking pills for high blood pressure. He wasn't taking them. Caused a hemorrhage in his lower brain stem which was inoperable.

While I am distraught about this I am concerned also about something else here in the state that is on a related subject that most people are unaware of.

Now I am not ranting to discourage anyone from being an organ donor but this needs to be a dressed to inform people's families of what happens when you are an organ donor, specifically if you have a standing DNR or DNI in place. By checking that box that agrees to be a donor it instantly voids a DNR and DNI with the exception being if you flat line.

My dad didn't flat line. When he was received into the hospital he was received in "brain dead". Generally if the person is not a donor the family gets the option to not continue life support. We didn't get this option. He legally had to go through 2 test over 9 hours apart before he received his time of death. At that point they left him on the machine and took him to an operating table to harvest what they could.

This 9 hour period was hell on me and my family members. It was a horrible situation knowing the outcome prior to the wait.

Sorry the emotions are running deep so I am quiting this rant now until I get my head back on straight.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Boxer of the Galaxy Sad news followed by a rant. Rowan's Avatar
    My sympathies firstly, that is horrible.

Secondly, take comfort in knowing your father was doing an amazing thing by electing to be an organ doner and he has most certainly just saved the lives of multiple people just by ticking that box, all by his own choice. Dont forget that.

Lastly, I would be furious about not getting an option of life support. No matter what, you should always have the option. So I empathise with you on that level too.

Take time to feel these emotions at their fullest, theres no use repressing what you'll have to deal with later.

Peace.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Sad news followed by a rant. noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

I lost my mom- it'll be 2 years on December 11th. She wasn't an organ donor, but I know what happened. And it wasn't anything nice. The ambulance missed the entrance to get to where they live twice. My dad had to be hospitalized for the night when she passed away- to make sure that he himself was okay and would survive. She died from a sudden heart attack. EMTs tried to bring her back and got a heartbeat for a mere few seconds and lost it again, and at that point, my dad told them to just let her go. He knew that any chance she had of surviving would've meant her being a vegetable and that's no way for anyone to live. And to make matters worse, my mom wasn't pronounced dead until after she was heli-lifted to the hospital even though she was already dead. Or something... There are a bunch of things that got ****ed up with the whole process- including with her remains and stuff.

I love my mom dearly, but I'm very much Daddy's Girl. I absolutely cannot fathom my life without him even though I know it's inevitable. He's absolutely everything to me. But it's still very hard losing my mom.

If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me. <3

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.