Thread: Phone Ring/Text Tones!

Phone Ring/Text Tones!

Soooo, I think this was done before but I haven't seen it around lately.

What do you use for your phone ringtone and/or text tone? I just found out a way (with Verizon Multimedia phones) to use custom sounds rather than paying 3 bucks a pop from Verizon, so I made up a ring tone and a few text tones for myself, and since I just got my new Samsung Rogue (for free!) from Verizon, I figured I'd go the free route.

My main ringer at the moment is the first bit of the solo from Stairway to Heaven, maybe a bit cliche, but I used it before and I've never heard anyone use it, and it's one of my favorite solos, sooo it works for me.

When I had phones that allowed me to create ringtones (way back in the day of MIDI ringers w/ built-in composers on the phone) I used the Zelda secret beep for texts, and now I have an MP3 of it from Ocarina of Time, so that's one of my text tones.

The other text tones are some R2D2 beeps, the murloc grglgrglgrgl, and a wookie roar.

Trying to think of some geekish ringtones, so I'm hoping this thread will give me an idea, getting a little worn out of 4+ years of Stairway as a ringer, lol.

So, what do you guys use?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Phone Ring/Text Tones!

On my last phone (before iPhone) I had a clip from that Gorillaz short of Russel saying Where my eel at, where my eel at??!! etc. It got me plenty of stares and a lot of my mates seemed to find it fairly funny including those who hadn't seen the short.
    Last edited by Furore; 04-15-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Wrote eat instead of eel, guess I was hungry. :D
    victoria aut mors

My phone is on vibrate all the time.

But if it is not on vibrate. My text does the 1up sound and my ringtone is my friend's recording of him saying....AAAAAAAAAAAASIIIIIIIIMMMPLEEEEEEEEEE in a high pitched sound.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Bad Boy of TFF Phone Ring/Text Tones! Block's Avatar

I have two ring tones: one for everyone and one for the fiancee. Right now my everyone ring tone is the beginning of Protomen - Vengeance and the fiancee is the beginning of White Stripes cover of Walking with a Ghost.

The Protomen are an amazing band with two albums, each of which are a rock opera interpretation of MegaMan and MegaMan 2 respectively. I am a huge fan, hence the ringer, and it is a really awesome first 15 seconds... I mean come on. My phone shouts, "We Are In Control!" then goes onto that awesome guitar line.

The Lone Dagger Phone Ring/Text Tones! Xithor's Avatar

My phone is usually on vibrate but when it's not it plays Second Chance by Shinedown as my default ringtone. Some people have their own personal ringtone but most times I get some Shinedown when a call is coming in. Texts are the default little notifications

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

My current ringtone is Beneath the Veil by Chester French and I usually use the standard text alert. But there was a period when I used to use the FF Fanfare tune whenever I got a text

The real reason why the rum is gone Phone Ring/Text Tones! Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

I use my standard text tone, but my ring tone is 'They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard'. Epic, I know. If you don't know what that is, watch this: YouTube - taking the hobbits to isengard

The Mad God Phone Ring/Text Tones! Heartless Angel's Avatar

I've got the victory fanfare as a ringer. Exact same version as Loz had in Advent Children. And just to be a dbag, my ringback is a rickroll.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Most of the time my phone is on vibrate, but when it isn't, my ringer is "Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, whereas my text tone is "Hi Friend!" from Deadmau5, lol.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I seem to always have my phone on silent. When I do hear my phone make a noise from the speakers, it's usually a shock.

My ringtone at the moment is the Victory Theme from Final Fantasy VII. In the last thread, someone said that's what they used, so I went on a mission to get it for myself. As for my text tone, it's the same as before: the Secret noise from the original Tomb Raider game.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Phone Ring/Text Tones! winterborn86's Avatar

Ring tones and text tones annoy the hell outta me, espcially one of those stupid voice ones, "I'm going to kill you" "neh neh I got a text" "pick up your fone girl, you got a text" SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!! I hate it. My fone is ALWAYS on silent, vibrate turned on, peaceful and non irritating.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Little Pandemonic Carnival Phone Ring/Text Tones! Insufficient Mage's Avatar

I've grown to like my phone 'tones and wallpapers in sets, which means that they all match each other in some way. Right now my wallpaper has Bartz on it, so my ringtone is the FFV battle theme and my text tone is the chocobo "WARK!" sound from VII (decided it worked for Boko). Yeah, I'm pretentious like that.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Phone Ring/Text Tones! The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I usually keep my phone on Vibrate most of the time, and if it does ring it is a tone that came with the phone.

After going through 3 or 4 phones and not getting back your tones that you already paid for really annoys me, so I stop paying altogether for ring tones.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Gingersnap Phone Ring/Text Tones! OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I keep my phone on vibrate and near my crotch.

Otherwise, Ashoken Farewell. Is my ringtone. Been thinking about making a switch so I don't get tired of the song.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I keep my phone on vibrate and near my crotch.
    Shocking and erotic!

Gurdy

My text message is The Gift by Angels and Airwaves and I have different ringtones for different people, quite alot of muse though (:

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    Shocking and erotic!
    It's the best, you get excited twice for a text/phone call.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdy View Post
    My text message is The Gift by Angels and Airwaves and I have different ringtones for different people, quite alot of muse though (:
    Awesome first post.. but smileys go the other way!! (: < I mean what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Awesome first post.. but smileys go the other way!! (: < I mean what the hell.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

I used to have a Metal Gear Solid theme going on my phone. The ring tone was the ring used in the game when Snake receives one of his many calls and the text message sound was that high pitched alert that accompanies the exclamation point when detected. It was pretty bad ass. Then it went through the wash. Now I'm stuck with a phone too old to do that kind of fancy ringing, so I just use a standard ring and text alert.

Until now!

Death Before Dishonor Phone Ring/Text Tones! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My ring tone has been Boyz N Tha Hood for a long time now. My txt message alert is vibrate. I have never felt the need to put a tone on my txt before. It usually only last for 4 seconds so why bother.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

A Plain Old Derp Phone Ring/Text Tones! Padraic's Avatar

My ring tone is the Final Fantasy III's 8-bit victory theme

I normally keep my phone on silent with vibrate, but my new one doesn't shake the very foundations i'm standing on so i've had to resort to a ring tone, AC/DC Back in Black to be specific. My text tone is just the default one because i couldn't be bothered changing it.

Let's make it rain. Phone Ring/Text Tones! Jonathanx221's Avatar

My ringtone pleasures my ears with "I miss you" from Blink 182, as my text tone annoys me with this really loud double beep sound. Yep, fantastic I know.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Phone Ring/Text Tones! Polk's Avatar

My text notification is currently the victory fanfare from FFVIII because I'm a gigantic nerd, and my current ringtone is "Beer" by Reel Big Fish. Because that song is really good.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Bananarama Phone Ring/Text Tones! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right now I'm using the "Dayman" theme from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Before that was "Real American" (Hulk Hogans Theme) by Deringer. My girl's ring is "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison.

As for texts, I use the typical Verizon doorbell, but usually my phones on vibrate, so none of it matters
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers